Close
Photo

any relatives or freinds addicted to facebook?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 artemis2al32

artemis2al32

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

FAD, or Facebook Addiction Disorder, is now a registered disease, so you can take a facebook-addicted aquaintance to the doctor to get them diagnosed with FAD! i know you may already know this but i was so surprised when i heard it in tutor today (we get the news), i was so surprised i went to every forum i could find and posted it to it...

«narusaku... whatever you want.»

#2 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

Sweet Jesus, what isn't a disease these days?
bd5.jpg

#3 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

lol.... FAD... I have to think that all of my friends and acquaintances are contracted with this.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#4 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

*stands up before the forum* My name is Nate and I am a facebookoholic.

#5 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

My grandma is addicted to facebook XDD It's the truth, everything I wrote she clicked on the *like* button. It gets irritating from time to time.

#6 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:01 PM

Facebook/FAD/social networking sites in general = EPIC argh1.png

#7 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 10 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Facebook/FAD/social networking sites in general = EPIC argh1.png

I can't stand them. Other than this site I don't belong to a single one and always say no when asked to join.

#8 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

My mom is on Facebook a couple of times each day, and calls me to tell me about things she write and tells me to "like" it or comment. I... usually just say I will, then "forget" to. I'm on facebook probably more than I should as well, although I don't have to. I don't use it for anything really, so it's just a habit I got from a month where I found a D&D app that was a little fun for a while. Now I just keep tabs on parties my friends are throwing! XD

#9 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Dec 10 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*stands up before the forum* My name is Nate and I am a facebookoholic.

*Crowd murmurs*

Hi Nate.

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

A very interesting and somewhat related article that was just up on Yahoo~

http://news.yahoo.co...news_deca_ts997

#11 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

Gah..

I'm on facebook... but I haven'rt got addicted to the ridiculous amount of games there. I just deny everything haha

#12 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

I'm on facebook, but I'm not addicted to it laugh.gif
I have friends that are always on there playing the games, but they never took my interest ever, soooo....
meh.

#13 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:58 PM

I'm a facebookoholic. laugh.gif
My friends got me addicted to it, and the only way for me to find out about things is on facebook. Hell, even my teachers have it! Everyone I know has it... and there are games and all, but I usually find them boring.
But the one I hate the most is FARMVILL!

#14 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Raspberii @ Dec 11 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm on facebook, but I'm not addicted to it laugh.gif
I have friends that are always on there playing the games, but they never took my interest ever, soooo....

Frankly, I find Facebook obnoxious- the spam level is beyond annoying. I only keep my account because that the only place some friends and relatives post. I'm a live journal person. No spamming with those obnoxious game requests, "buy a round" etc... requests I hate, hate, hate that garbage! To think we used to think on live journal people who only posted online quiz results annoying.... That's charming compared to the Facebook spam How anyone can get addicted to that I have no clue. At least the quiz results people posted on LJ sometimes were interesting or amusing. (stuff from Quizilla, etc... Occasionally something interesting like personality quizes from psychological related webistes- like the Myers-Briggs test with over 100 questions used to be free online. That was a fun one that went around live journal. There were other ones that gave you insight on possible psychological issues you might have (done seriously) ... then the fun geeky fandom quizes...

Edited by ciardha, 11 December 2009 - 11:46 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#15 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:55 PM

Yeah Facebook is rather fun, but I'm not very addicted to it either. It's surprising that it could become that addictive though. I mean it's not like it's everquest.

#16 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:55 AM

I have contracted FAD and the doctor recommended that i go to Facebook Anonymous.

JLHza2T.png

#17 I heart donuts

I heart donuts

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:14 AM

What?? omfg.gif There's a place called FaceBook?? SIGN ME UP!!! a_dance.gif I'm serious, sometimes I feel like I've been living under a rock for the past few decades. sweatdrop.gif Nah, I'm kidding about the whole "I don't know what's FaceBook" thing, but I've actually never been on it. #1. I stink at keeping track of usernames and passwords, etc. (My friends ended up giving me a notebook and pencils to "keep track of all the websites you always join". They've been giving me notebooks and pencils for the past few holiday seasons, as a joke, but now I have about 15 un-used notepads littered around my room. Couldn't they just give me a doughnut? I love.gif donuts!

PS: I know I'm using alot of emoticons, but it's because I'm new and I just discovered them! YAY! FOR DISCOVERIES! a_dance.gif I can't believe I didn't notice them! 111193.gif
"I heart donuts" says: Doughnuts can be radio-active, just look at Homer Simpson. He eats donuts even though he works in a Nuclear Power Plant.
"Homer" says: So??? I'm still alive...
"I heart donuts" says: But you're a cartoon
"Homer" says: Your point is...
"I heart donuts" says: -.-

Ahhh...The power of instant-chat...

#18 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:28 AM

I don't have Facebook account... and never bother with that kind of things...

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#19 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:15 AM

Well, I'm not a "true" Facebook addict. I only had it in the beginning for reconnecting with my high school friends, not to mention my friends I hadn't talked to in years, plus I had my family, (exclude my mom) on there. The only thing I like is reconnecting with the people in my life, especially with my "big" family (I had cousins I hardly ever met since I came from a VERY huge family). The request and stuff (exclude some games) are the negatives.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#20 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:55 AM

I'm on FB, but I'm not as addicted as I am to this beloved H&E of ours!!!!

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users