Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

tumblr_nip5idgKds1thgx1vo1_500.pngSource

tumblr_inline_nesff1g61r1slinvg.png

Poor Sakura. I think..........Imagining what goes in on her head....The forehead poke reminded her of the first scene and...it made her think Sasuke loved her AS EARLY AS back then, and the forehead poke was just his reminder.

From Sakura's POV I think this is how she fell for Sasuke beyond a simple fangirl crush (or she would've moved on like Ino)

Edited by Toby, 03 November 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#2 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

Well that was weird as hell...

Anyway, yeah, Kishi completely forgot about that.

Edited by AHK, 03 November 2015 - 09:41 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:52 AM

Never understood why people thought Kishi would do a callback to chapter 3....it happened 15 years ago and was never mentioned or hinted at again. 

#4 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:05 AM

Never understood why people thought Kishi would do a callback to chapter 3....it happened 15 years ago and was never mentioned or hinted at again. 

Back at that time - Sasuke (ofcourse Naruto) complemented Sakura's biggest flow (how she was thinknig) and now he poked her in that same flow as a reminder (at least that can be what she think), so... yeah, that's some callback.

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 07 November 2015 - 04:08 AM.

#5 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:47 AM

It doesn't matter when it happen in term of years. The thing that matters is that it happened in the beginning of the story when we were introduced to the characters, the universe, the rules, what motivates these characters, their goals. etc.

And when you start a story that's about a journey you also have to finish that journey, to come full circle with it so to say.

Naruto wanting to become Hokage and his love for Sakura were two of the things we were introduced to. And his love for Sakura also included the forehead comment.

Sakura hated her forehead, Naruto was the only one that liked the one thing that she didn't like about herself. Later on in the story this was referenced indirectly through Minato and Kushina.

Kushina hated her hair, Minato was the only one that liked the one thing that she didn't like about herself. Connecting this moment to the main protagonist and heroine of the story. Naruto and Sakura.

Of course all of this is null and void due to the ending. Where the main protagonist was reveal to have been Sasuke all along, and we were too stupid to see this, and not only that he stole the spot from Naruto but he also stole that moment (not in the exact way but still stole it). While the heroine of the story was Hinata the side character.

So in reality we followed what was told to us for 15 years only to be reveal in the last second that all of it was for nothing. Because nothing that has ever been said in the story thus far mattered in the end. Nothing. It's all pointless.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#6 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

tumblr_nip5idgKds1thgx1vo1_500.pngSource

tumblr_inline_nesff1g61r1slinvg.png

Poor Sakura. I think..........Imagining what goes in on her head....The forehead poke reminded her of the first scene and...it made her think Sasuke loved her AS EARLY AS back then, and the forehead poke was just his reminder.

From Sakura's POV I think this is how she fell for Sasuke beyond a simple fangirl crush (or she would've moved on like Ino)

He did not forget. It's a retcon and I bet in the retcon/reboot version will explain that it was actually the original Sasuke the complimented Sakura's forehead instead of Naruto. That was the reason Kishi never flashback to chapter 3. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#7 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:43 PM

It doesn't matter when it happen in term of years. The thing that matters is that it happened in the beginning of the story when we were introduced to the characters, the universe, the rules, what motivates these characters, their goals. etc.

And when you start a story that's about a journey you also have to finish that journey, to come full circle with it so to say.

Naruto wanting to become Hokage and his love for Sakura were two of the things we were introduced to. And his love for Sakura also included the forehead comment.

Sakura hated her forehead, Naruto was the only one that liked the one thing that she didn't like about herself. Later on in the story this was referenced indirectly through Minato and Kushina.

Kushina hated her hair, Minato was the only one that liked the one thing that she didn't like about herself. Connecting this moment to the main protagonist and heroine of the story. Naruto and Sakura.

Of course all of this is null and void due to the ending. Where the main protagonist was reveal to have been Sasuke all along, and we were too stupid to see this, and not only that he stole the spot from Naruto but he also stole that moment (not in the exact way but still stole it). While the heroine of the story was Hinata the side character.

So in reality we followed what was told to us for 15 years only to be reveal in the last second that all of it was for nothing. Because nothing that has ever been said in the story thus far mattered in the end. Nothing. It's all pointless.

Yeah, Kishi can't use 15 years as an excuse for "not remembering" when he made several subtle references to it throughout. And I definitely think the forehead poke at the end was an intentional reference to that as well.

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:00 PM

I swear, that whole scene alone calls for a straight man to call so many bs/wtf.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 09 November 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#9 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

After the ending sometimes i was wondering why kishi never brought this scene again and left it unclear. I mean normally people will think that someday Sakura will know the truth that it was naruto in disguise who say that to her, BUT what if it was suppose to be the other way around? , what if chapter 3 bench scene is suppose to be SS moment not NS moment?, maybe its not about knowing or finding the truth about who compliment her , maybe is about naruto open up a way for SS to be cannon, maybe the bench scene was suppose to be anchor point for Sakura to never let go or give up her love for sasuke.

If you look at it now that everything is over, itachi always poke sasuke forehead is somehow connected to how sakura hate her big forehead, but it is not really connected, they need naruto and bench scene as a bridge for SS to be cannon. :confused:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#10 narusakurama

narusakurama

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

After the ending sometimes i was wondering why kishi never brought this scene again and left it unclear. I mean normally people will think that someday Sakura will know the truth that it was naruto in disguise who say that to her, BUT what if it was suppose to be the other way around? , what if chapter 3 bench scene is suppose to be SS moment not NS moment?, maybe its not about knowing or finding the truth about who compliment her , maybe is about naruto open up a way for SS to be cannon, maybe the bench scene was suppose to be anchor point for Sakura to never let go or give up her love for sasuke.

If you look at it now that everything is over, itachi always poke sasuke forehead is somehow connected to how sakura hate her big forehead, but it is not really connected, they need naruto and bench scene as a bridge for SS to be cannon. :confused:

Don't think  Kishi had any pairings in mind as early as chapter 3 . Kishi only had a general idea of where his manga was going and knew early on only that the ending will be Naruto vs Sasuke .

After the ending and even more so after his interviews it becomes more and more apparent that a BIG part of what is in the middle of the manga is just there to fill up the blank pages  for the weekly chapter  rather than a thought out story . As for the forhead scene , it will not be retconned , it can not be , but it will never be brought up again same as with any positive NS interaction , as if it never happened .

1kMTgN0.jpg?1

#11 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

Yeah, Kishi can't use 15 years as an excuse for "not remembering" when he made several subtle references to it throughout. And I definitely think the forehead poke at the end was an intentional reference to that as well.

It was. It was a workaround. The fact that he made that forehead poke showed that he didn't forget about that moment in chapter 3.

He just worked around it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#12 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

I think he intended it as part of the big finale the final; confession so to speak. But because of the way things were going he just let it go. left it as a glaring plothole for the fandom to see through.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#13 narusakurama

narusakurama

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

It was. It was a workaround. The fact that he made that forehead poke showed that he didn't forget about that moment in chapter 3.

He just worked around it.

I think that scene was more about Sasuke than about Sakura and her insecurity .

1kMTgN0.jpg?1

#14 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:41 PM

I think that scene was more about Sasuke than about Sakura and her insecurity .

That doesn't make sense though. The forehead poke was a specific thing between Sasuke and Itachi. I can't imagine why Kishi would choose to use that gesture with Sakura unless it was meant to emphasize her forehead and create a throwback to ch. 3.

#15 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:25 AM

That doesn't make sense though. The forehead poke was a specific thing between Sasuke and Itachi. I can't imagine why Kishi would choose to use that gesture with Sakura unless it was meant to emphasize her forehead and create a throwback to ch. 3.

It's not a call back to forehead scene in chapter 3.

Forehead poke mean sasuke romantically accept sakura.

#16 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

I thought that it was more that Sasuke was accepting Sakura as a member of his family (which could be taken as romantically accepting her), the older brother to younger sibling type of stuff, like he had accepted Naruto as his brother. But obviously there was so much more to that action that flew right over my head, guess I can't read subtext very well.

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:12 AM

I thought that it was more that Sasuke was accepting Sakura as a member of his family (which could be taken as romantically accepting her), the older brother to younger sibling type of stuff, like he had accepted Naruto as his brother. But obviously there was so much more to that action that flew right over my head, guess I can't read subtext very well.

Kishi need to show sasuke reciprocate sakura feeling. So kishi use it because there's nothing else to show beside forehead poke which is only use by itachi to sasuke. That's why many people said it's platonic.

That just show you that kishi doesn't care anymore.

#18 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:21 AM

Basically a cop-out.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#19 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

Perhaps. I'm not sure I buy that though.

#20 narusakurama

narusakurama

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

Exactly , it was specific thing between Sasuke and Itachi , so the scene itself is relevant  only to Sasuke's character and it was just a coincidence that it also touched on Sakura's insecurity . Had it been any other gesture from Itachi , Kishi would have had Sasuke do that instead , without him ever mentioning anything about Sakura's forehead .

1kMTgN0.jpg?1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users