Close
Photo

Summer 2014 Anime Line-up

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

Here's the what's coming this summer.

iXRybEcXxh41D.png

I'm really only interested in the second season or Sword Art Online.

And as always, I'll update the chart when the newer version is released.

Edited by Burning_Wulf, 05 May 2014 - 08:20 PM.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#2 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

The only things that interests me are that remastered hour-long episode version of Psycho-Pass and the second season of Space Dandy.

The other ones I noticed where Momo Kyun Sword, Rokujyouma no Shinryakusha, Tokyo Ghoul, Sabagebu, Glasslip, Gekkun Shoujo Nozaki-kun, and Tokyo ESP.

The first two seem kinda interesting, but could probably become fanservice anime. I'm liking the ghoul aspect of Tokyo Ghoul. If the description for Sabagebu is any indication, I'd be interested if it does involve the levels of combat I'd expect from a "survival game". The Nozaki one could be potentially hilarious. Glasslip looks like a slice of life show, but with glass artisans, which could be interesting. Tokyo ESP has me interested due to the concept of superpowers and that title.

#3 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:16 AM

YES DMMD IS GETTING AN ANIME :wow:

Tokyo Ghoul looks interesting as well. I just really like my horror  :sweatdrop:

JA2DBzd.png

#4 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:12 AM

Space Dandy Season 2!

\

#5 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:16 AM

Only shows I know I'm going to watch on here is the second season of Space Dandy and the adaption for Tokyo ESP if it's any good.

Rail Wars has a pretty interesting premise and might be worth a look as well as the second season of Yamishibai. The first season was pretty hit or miss to me but all around good.

My guess for the best series this time around though is definitely Aldnoah.Zero. Urobuchi usually delivers on his stories so I'm sure that it will be solid. Add that to giant robots and you've got the best looking one in the lot.

JLHza2T.png

#6 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:14 AM

Not Love Stage getting animated. How are they going to animate the sex scenes for that anime? .-.

#7 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

I remember reading a few chapters of Tokyo ESP which was interesting, it's from the same mangaka that did Ga-rei? or something like that, (it had swords and large summon beasts. and pocky. Ga-Rei not ESP) Only other one i'll be watching is Gekkan Shoujo Tonori-Kun, that manga is hilarious. I'll probably give RailWars a try simply because i'm curious to see how a Light Novel based on the railway service managed to get a anime.

Compared to this Spring where I had so many animes I wanted to watch that I couldn't keep up I have very little to choose from this Summer.

iAnby7W.gif

#8 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

I remember reading a few chapters of Tokyo ESP which was interesting, it's from the same mangaka that did Ga-rei? or something like that, (it had swords and large summon beasts. and pocky. Ga-Rei not ESP) Only other one i'll be watching is Gekkan Shoujo Tonori-Kun, that manga is hilarious. I'll probably give RailWars a try simply because i'm curious to see how a Light Novel based on the railway service managed to get a anime.

Oh I love Ga-Rei! Thanks for the info. Putting it into my list.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#9 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

Sailor Mooooon =D Yes <3 Also interested in Ghost in the Shell movie, as well as maybe trying out a few of the cuter looking titles. 

#10 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

The only thing on this list that interests me at the moment is the remastered  Psycho-Pass. I only just started watching the original series a few weeks back and I really like it.

#11 Asahina

Asahina

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

So many anime, less time 

drciv8.png

PINKISH KINGDOM  < - - -  My site 

#12 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:55 AM

Oh I love Ga-Rei! Thanks for the info. Putting it into my list.

I just hope they keep the random pop culture references the manga randomly throws at you, like they had Steven Segal in the second chapter and then the Next chapter they had a Mastercard reference in there.

iAnby7W.gif

#13 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:41 AM

I've been waiting on SAO II for quite a while, but not sure I'll end up liking it as much as I did the first one from what I've heard of the other arcs in the graphic novel. (Which I have read very little of.) But hey, might as well give it a chance.

I have a tendency to watch series that have been around a while, though, (cuz I like to binge on episodes during free time and can finish an entire series in a few days) so that's probably the only one I'll be catching.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#14 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

Oh wow Grisaia No Kajitsu is slated for this summer? But they haven't even release any other info yet. One of the best visual novels I have read and I highly recommend it.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users