300: Rise of an Empire

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

Woweewoweewow! I gotta see this movie! :wow:

#2 Pocky-chan

Pocky-chan

Cavelady from 2005 or something

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:William Riker and his beard

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

Hahahahahha, army of half naked men I welcome thee with open arms and drool.  :chuckle:

#3 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

*looks carefully* I-I think...Oh, yes. Eva Green in a naughty scene. Doesn't get much better than that.  :lulz:

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#4 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

Bit worried. This is supposed to be based on a new 300 OGN Frank Miller decided to do. Problem is, Frank Miller is... not exactly what I'd call stable or in his right mind anymore. I read Holy Terror just to see how bad it was and, skill in the form aside, it was an absolute abomination of racism and Islamophobia. I really have no faith in anything attached to him to be any good anymore.

But... I DID enjoy the first 300, so I don't know.

bd5.jpg

#5 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

Bit worried. This is supposed to be based on a new 300 OGN Frank Miller decided to do. Problem is, Frank Miller is... not exactly what I'd call stable or in his right mind anymore. I read Holy Terror just to see how bad it was and, skill in the form aside, it was an absolute abomination of racism and Islamophobia. I really have no faith in anything attached to him to be any good anymore.

But... I DID enjoy the first 300, so I don't know.

Yikes, that sounds bad...

I thought that originally this was a prequel about the rise of the Persian army. D'oh!

It looks good though... Real good. Eva Green. Pretty.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#6 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yikes, that sounds bad...

You have no idea.

http://damiensomens....ror-comics.html

My review, in case you're interested; it will give you the general idea of what a cluster**** the whole thing is without my having to type everything wrong with it out again.

I thought that originally this was a prequel about the rise of the Persian army. D'oh!

It looks good though... Real good. Eva Green. Pretty.

I think that was what it was originally supposed to be? I'm not sure anymore. Miller had talked up doing a prequel for a while focusing on the Persians. The last I had heard it was called Xerxes - after the villain of the original comic/movie - but I have no idea if that's what it or the movie is still about.

Frank Miller's kind of flown under the radar after the comic community flipped the **** out over a very Islamophobic blog post he made not too far removed from Holy Terrors release. I honestly haven't heard a peep about him in the usual places I frequent like Comics Alliance, Newsarama or Comic Book Resources. If they said anything I missed it. So I have no clue what's up with this. To be honest with you, I'm almost shocked it's still happening.

bd5.jpg

#7 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

This is Sparta.

Oh man i'm gonna miss that, hope they put a flashback.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#8 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

I think that was what it was originally supposed to be? I'm not sure anymore. Miller had talked up doing a prequel for a while focusing on the Persians. The last I had heard it was called Xerxes - after the villain of the original comic/movie - but I have no idea if that's what it or the movie is still about.

It takes place at the same time that the events in the original 300 were also taking place -

http://blogs.wsj.com...nquers-the-web/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users