63 replies to this topic

#1 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

What do you think is the new rookie 9 power rank?

Let's feel free to discuss.

My rank is as below. I'm open to any opposing opinions  ^_^

1. Rock Lee

2. Shikamaru

3. Sakura (before power-up)

4. Chouji

5. Shino

6. Kiba

7. Ino

8. Tenten 

8. Hinata

Edit: The moment I see Hinata perfect the "Kaiten" in canon manga, I am going to move her next to Chouji. 

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 27 May 2013 - 12:29 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#2 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

You should of made this thread after Sakura got her power up. :arg:

1. Sakura (after power-up)

2. Shikamaru

3. Rock Lee

4. Sakura (before power-up)

5. Hinata

6. Chouji

7. Shino

8. Kiba

9. Ino

10. Tenten

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#3 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

You should of made this thread after Sakura got her power up. :arg:

2. Shikamaru

3. Rock Lee

5. Hinata

6. Chouji

7. Shino

8. Kiba

9. Ino

10. Tenten

Well I wanted to compare how strong Sakura is going to be after the power-up, compared to right after the time skip -_-

In Japan's power rank thread, Chouji is always ranked as the strongest in the rookies (even moreso than Neji and Shikamaru). 

But I do agree with you that most likely Rock Lee and Shikamaru is stronger than him :lol:

One question is why did you rank Hinata above Chouji? Won't Chouji be able to crush her?

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 27 May 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#4 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

After Sakura's power up I think all of Team 7 will then be solidified as the strongest 3 of their generation.

After them I would have to say Shikamaru. That intelligence really does bring him far and Kishi is not shy of letting us know it.

#5 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Well I wanted to compare how strong Sakura is going to be after the power-up, compared to right after the time skip -_-

In Japan's power rank thread, Chouji is always ranked as the strongest in the rookies (even moreso than Neji and Shikamaru). 

But I do agree with you that most likely Rock Lee and Shikamaru is stronger than him :lol:

One question is why did you rank Hinata above Chouji? Won't Chouji be able to crush her?

Hinata has twin lion gentle fist. Then again, how is that going to stop a giant. Man, without Kurama's chakra, Hinata wouldn't even look half decent with fighting. Now that I think about it, yeah Chouji would beat her.

5. Chouji

6. Hianta

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 27 May 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#6 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

After Sakura's power up I think all of Team 7 will then be solidified as the strongest 3 of their generation.

After them I would have to say Shikamaru. That intelligence really does bring him far and Kishi is not shy of letting us know it.

I completely agree. After Sakura's power-up I am going to edit my first post and put her on top like the sneaky person I am  :hehehe:

Hinata has twin lion gentle fist. Then again, how is that going to stop a giant. Man, without Kurama's chakra, Hinata wouldn't even look half decent with fighting. Now that I think about it, yeah Chouji would beat her.

5. Chouji

6. Hianta

Yeah, I think Chouji is very strong with the butterfly mode. The only reason I put Sakura on top of Chouji is because of her super strength + dodging abilities. Her super strength can destroy the ground. Even if she's small compared to Chouji, if she can connect her hit (which will be easier since there's more range you can hit a giant) it will be a finishing attack. Also, since she's said to have dodging abilities I believe she will be able to dodge his attacks if she can dodge attacks from an Akatsuki member, or just shatter the ground and make him lose his balance. 

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

2. Rock Lee

3. Shikamaru

5. Chouji

6. Shino

7. Ino

8. Kiba

9. Tenten

10. Hinata

I put Hinata as the weakest because he has strong attacks, but they always miss. :lmao: And Ino has been cool lately. And lol, that's almost the same as the original post. XD 

Edited by sushi., 27 May 2013 - 01:03 PM.

ナルサク

#8 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

2. Rock Lee

3. Shikamaru

5. Chouji

6. Shino

7. Ino

8. Kiba

9. Tenten

10. Hinata

I put Hinata as the weakest because he has strong attacks, but they always miss. :lmao: And Ino has been cool lately. And lol, that's almost the same as the original post. XD 

At first I thought you quoted my post because our views are so similar  :lol:

I also think Ino was totally cool in the recent war arc. Even though her abilities are not for battle, she has great taijutsu skills and speed to compete with Asuma while protecting Chouji. 

As for Hinata, I would put her more higher if there was a panel in the manga showing her having the "Kaiten" ability. But since Hinata's strong points seems to be her strong fluoroscope instead of fighting abilities like Neji, I had to put her on par with Tenten, regarding power rank. 

#9 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Sakura would annihilate Choji. ESPECIALLY if he decides to get all big. He'd just be a bigger target for her to hit and if he decided to roll her way, she'd simply just knock him back. I mean, look what the hell she did to the iron sand. LOL And that's BEFORE her powerup too. :D

Anyway, I don't think Hinata's all the way at the bottom to be honest... I'd place her at 6th right under Chouji but even then, who knows if she could beat Choji or Choji could beat her. It's really a toss up in my opinion. I think Rock Lee would murder Shikamaru. We all saw what he did to Gaara...lol

Edited by StriderC, 27 May 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#10 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Sakura would annihilate Choji. ESPECIALLY if he decides to get all big. He'd just be a bigger target for her to hit and if he decided to roll her way, she'd simply just knock him back. I mean, look what the hell she did to the iron sand. LOL And that's BEFORE her powerup too. :D

Anyway, I don't think Hinata's all the way at the bottom to be honest... I'd place her at 6th right under Chouji but even then, who knows if she could beat Choji or Choji could beat her. It's really a toss up in my opinion. I think Rock Lee would murder Shikamaru. We all saw what he did to Gaara...lol

Normally I would put Tenten on the bottom, but she just wielded a weapon flawlessly in the war. ._. Hinata only got strong because of Naruto's chakra, and she isn't very skilled with her Kekkei genkai. But

Hinata has higher stats than Tenten. ÔO I just checked.

Edited by sushi., 27 May 2013 - 02:04 PM.

ナルサク

#11 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Normally I would put Tenten on the bottom, but she just wielded a weapon flawlessly in the war. ._. Hinata only got strong because of Naruto's chakra, and she isn't very skilled with her Kekkei genkai. But

Hinata has higher stats than Tenten. ÔO I just checked.

She did manage to airpalm those wood spikes with her regular chakra when Naruto was pinned down. Given she hasn't really had much of a fight that played in her favor in the past, it's really her to gauge where she is on the charts, but I definitely don't think she's on the bottom. That's just me though. 

#12 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

This reminds me of a previous discussion where some believed that Hinata could actually be stronger than Sakura. Who actually thought that made sense? I think it was just because of the lasting impression of Hinata having more of a role during the previous volumes. I'm glad Kishi will finally correct those people foolish enough to have believed that.

Also, I still think that Shikamaru could beat Lee. Remember that it's not only about power, it's also about strategy and that's where Shikamaru always shines.

For me: Shikamaru's strategic intellect > Lee's taijutsu power

Edited by redragon88, 27 May 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#13 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

This reminds me of a previous discussion where some believed that Hinata could actually be stronger than Sakura. Who actually thought that made sense? I think it was just because of the lasting impression of Hinata having more of a role during the previous volumes. I'm glad Kishi will finally correct those people foolish enough to have believed that.

Also, I still think that Shikamaru could beat Lee. Remember that it's not only about power, it's also about strategy and that's where Shikamaru always shines.

IMO, that intellect can only go so far. What would be possibly do against a guy who's extremely fast, and then he's capable of opening the 8 gates. I feel that a battle between those two would fall in Rock Lee's favor. 

#14 Kakashi-Sensei

Kakashi-Sensei

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

My top

#1 --> Shikamaru ( Smartest shinobi of the village )

#2 --> Sakura ( Even with no power up, i think that with her heeling capacity and her huge strenght she is one of the more useful. With the upgrade she will pass Shikamaru )

#3 --> Rock Lee ( Since is fight with Gaara, he never show us is real power. I think he deserve more developpement in par 2 )

#4 --> Chooji

#5 --> Shino

#6 --> Hinata

#7 --> Kiba

#8 --> Ino

#9 --> Tenten

300x300.jpg

#15 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

I as about to say BUT WHAT ABOUT NEJI! Then I remembered his dead, dammit...

Sooo, in terms of fighting skills... Let's see...

1. Rock Lee -> due to his gates

2. Shikamaru

3. Sakura

4. Chouji

5. Kiba

6. Shino

7. Ino

8. Hinata

9. Tenten -> didn't wanna leave her behind but.. I haven't seen so much of her

Edited by Chatte, 27 May 2013 - 02:50 PM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#16 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

I think Lee is so fast Shikamaru won't have time for to make any plan work. He can't catch him.

Anyways, I've changed my opinion. You're right, Strider :lol:

I think Tenten is weaker than Hinata. And I think Kiba should be stronger tbh, the only thing he's got is Fang over fang and his nose. XD

(edit) ^OK, Chatte. Including Neji.

1. Rock Lee and Neji. Honestly I think they are equal and they never settled their rivalry :cry:

2. Shikamaru

3. Sakura

4. Chouji

5. Shino

6. Ino

7. Hinata

8. Kiba

9. Tenten

Edited by sushi., 27 May 2013 - 02:52 PM.

ナルサク

#17 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think Lee is so fast Shikamaru won't have time for to make any plan work. He can't catch him.

I think Tenten is weaker than Hinata. And I think Kiba should be stronger tbh, the only thing he's got is Fang over fang and his nose. XD

1. Rock Lee and Neji. Honestly I think they are equal and they never settled their rivalry :cry:

2. Shikamaru

3. Sakura

4. Chouji

5. Shino

6. Ino

7. Hinata

8. Kiba

9. Tenten

Me too...poor neji!!!!! :cry:

I can't get over why people think HInata would be stronger than Sakura. Sakura has all that a shinobi needs, without even the upcoming power-up.

He'd stop her, really. May put her to sleep in 0.5 seconds and voila, bye bye!

With Byakugan, Gentle Fist and Hakke Kusho...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#18 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

2. Shikamaru

3. Sakura

4. Chouji

5. Shino

6. Ino

7. Hinata

8. Kiba

9. Tenten

I actually sort of agree with this but i'd put Kiba above Ino and Hinata, and Hinata above Ino, and then I'm not even sure about Sakura and Shikamaru but at this point it doesn't even matter since Sakura's about to get a well deserved power up that'll boost her past Shikamaru and likely the others. :D Can't believe she was practically at the bottom at the start...  :cry: I'm sooo proud of her!  :sakura:

Edited by StriderC, 27 May 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#19 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I as about to say BUT WHAT ABOUT NEJI! Then I remembered his dead, dammit...

Neji... :cry:

On topic:

I still think Shikamaru could somehow come up with a strategy that could slow Lee down. I'll never underestimate that lazy genius.

Maybe Shikamaru could use his shadow as a shield. It wouldn't be effective but it would force Lee to make contact with the shadows in order to land a hit. That could trap him.

#20 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Neji... :cry:

On topic:

I still think Shikamaru could somehow come up with a strategy that could slow Lee down. I'll never underestimate that lazy genius.

Maybe Shikamaru could use his shadow as a shield. It wouldn't be effective but it would force Lee to make contact with the shadows in order to land a hit. That could trap him.

He'd have to predict where this guy will hit, and given how much control Rock Lee actually has over his speed, I really can't see him overcoming Rock Lee. It'd be an interesting fight but the guy is practically untraceable when it comes to fighting. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users