• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 koays

koays

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

I was pulled into the manga when the english anime stopped airing on t.v. and when i started reading and realized just how much early filler was focused on Hinata when she hadnt had much page time i felt like the animators new something I didnt. That or maybe chapter 540 but i was never sure hw to interpret that one.
The Millant Side Of The Naru/Saku Movement

#2 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

None. honestly from a straight storytelling standpoint there have been no ""Setbacks"" for NaruSaku. there have only been moments of development all of it positive with a few stumbling blocks thrown in that also serve to advance the over all development of the pairing.

Pretty much in line with storytelling for most stories honestly.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#3 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Setbacks? The only one that has come close was the Hinata confession scene, but then this was ignored as usual by Naruto.

Although, we did have plenty of these moments.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 28 September 2012 - 04:09 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#4 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

/\ th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif 111189.gif
my thoughts exactly,I thought something might come out of it but all hinata got was a thank you after waaaay many chapters th_tongue.gif

#5 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Honestly not even Hinatas confession was a setback, since as a scene it was a Hinata centric scene that just happened to include Naruto in it. that scene was a development scene for Hinata alone.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#6 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Sep 28 2012, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly not even Hinatas confession was a setback, since as a scene it was a Hinata centric scene that just happened to include Naruto in it. that scene was a development scene for Hinata alone.

As I said, "Close" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#7 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

There were setbacks? I must've missed something.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#8 koays

koays

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Ok, a bit of rephrasing then. Maybe "cringe worthy moments" would be the correct way to put it. That tended to be my reaction whenever I saw things like Sakura being out of focus for lengthy amounts of time only for Hinata to show up and get her little "lets talk after" moment. Not things that made you say "I give up" but those "Aww man" moments.
The Millant Side Of The Naru/Saku Movement

#9 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (koays @ Sep 28 2012, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, a bit of rephrasing then. Maybe "cringe worthy moments" would be the correct way to put it. That tended to be my reaction whenever I saw things like Sakura being out of focus for lengthy amounts of time only for Hinata to show up and get her little "lets talk after" moment. Not things that made you say "I give up" but those "Aww man" moments.

There really isn't any. The "Oh Come on" moments are the only things that really happen. Moment where something should have happened and nothing soes happen because it was deflected or distracted.

At first glance, the Hinata confession and the scene with Sakura with the Lover-nin come close to what you are looking for. At least in my opinion, but they just didn't push far enough cause Naruto either ignored it or it was scene in a negative not positive light. So they ended up being more of red herrings.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#10 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

I never really truly doubted NaruSaku. It's the most logical pairing in the Naruto series, after all. I've consistently thought this forever, despite the times I was depressed over NaruSaku.

But to name a few times:

Hinata's Confession: That was a dark time for me, mostly because I wasn't thinking much past " OH MY GOD!!!! HINATA CONFESSED?! NARUTO MIGHT GIVE HER A CHANCE NOW THAT HE KNOWS HER FEELS!!!" The incredible leap of joy the NaruHina fanbase was doing and all the " NaruHina is canon" comments were not helping dry.gif. But again, this is me. I can overreact to situations at first, like this for example but than later I composed myself and realized it wasn't set in stone. Naruto's continued ignoring of her confession and the NaruSaku hug restored my faith afterwards. biggrin.gif

Sakura's Confession: Another dark time, except worse. When I first read the chapter (This was the first time I ever read Naruto manga. I didn't read any of the chapters before 469 so I had no idea what the hell was leading up to this. Just ran across it on Youtube), I was so damn excited about this it wasn't even funny. I had a major shippers moment XD until I finally paid attention to the context passed " I love you " . Naruto was pretty much calling her a liar and I was so upset, confused, and pissed off at him. Again, I briefly thought NaruSaku was damaged a lot and it actually was one-sided. But I read some good pro-arguments on Youtube about Saku's confession (Curtisy of our very own Slextrem tongue.gif ), saw the logic in it, and felt much better. The annoying " Sakura lied! She played with Naruto's feelings, b****h. " still made me doubt a bit but not anymore.

540: I was definitely depressed by this one. Again, how can you not be? But going to this forum and reading the extremely sensical rants here, my doubts went away immediately. Like I said, I can easily overreact to things like this and then think more deeply about it later XD.

This forum always makes my faith in NaruSaku come back right away smile.gif. NaruSaku fans always have the most convincing arguments out of the pairing fanbases most of the time tongue.gif. After all NSness that happened in the 6th move and now the ObiRin parallel, I have no more doubts at all. happy.gif

EDIT: Sort of off-topic but shouldn't this thread be moved to the NaruSaku section? ermm.gif

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 29 September 2012 - 12:56 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#11 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (koays @ Sep 28 2012, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are certainly some cringe worth moments in the manga, but none of them relate to NaruSaku. I don't know if I ever doubted, but I can't tell if its supreme confidence or pure apathy. It's probably a bit of both. When I first started with I cared a lot about pairing, but over the years that's faded a quite a bit.

Hinata marks too much time for me to care. For all the development people mention, she never goes anywhere. Until she does and until Naruto shows genuine reciprocation I wouldn't spend anytime worry about it. If anything, its frustrating to her make noise about becoming more confident only to see crap like 573.

As to SasuSaku, it's kind like, wake me when Sasuke does something, ANYTHING, that suggests that he's going to do anything related than that. Then, I might worry about it. All the change in that relationship has been with Sakura and it's not exactly been strong movements toward Sasuke. I think people read too much into 540.

#12 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 29 2012, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are certainly some cringe worth moments in the manga, but none of them relate to NaruSaku. I don't know if I ever doubted, but I can't tell if its supreme confidence or pure apathy. It's probably a bit of both. When I first started with I cared a lot about pairing, but over the years that's faded a quite a bit.

I'd agree with that. I've never had any moments when I lost hope in NaruSaku happening, the only thing that came close to that was me doubting that the manga would end with any clear pairings. Having said that, sometimes I don't even care that much if it'll happen or not.

#13 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

Everything about part 1 Sakura.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users