Close
Photo

NaruSaku and IchiRuki? Or NaruSaku and IchiHime?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: NaruSaku and IchiRuki? Or NaruSaku and IchiHime? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Couples?

1. NaruSaku and IchiRuki (34 votes [69.39%])

Percentage of vote: 69.39%

2. NaruSaku and IchiHime (15 votes [30.61%])

Percentage of vote: 30.61%

Vote

#1 SakuraHarunoChan

SakuraHarunoChan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

I wasn't sure where this was supposed to go, so sorry if I made a mistake. It seems most NaruSaku fans also like IchiRuki. [Ichigo and Rukia from Bleach] What about you guys? I like IchiRuki a bit more. IchiHime reminds me more of NaruHina but I like them all.

Edited by SakuraHarunoChan, 29 November 2011 - 07:13 AM.

#2 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

i like

ichihime biggrin.gif and dont get me wrong i HATE it when the shy girl gets the guy. but orihime isnt really like naruhina XD

orihime is more outgoing and ditzy XDD

hinata is totally shy.

as for whether ichigo likes rukia or orihime??? I DONT KNOW XD

ichigo seems to like neither. hes saved both of them. but i seriously cant tell the difference. XDDDD

but i only like ichihime cause orihime likes ichigo. instead of both parties being ambiguous like ichirukia.

and....doesnt renji like rukia??? huh.gif or are they childhood friends only??

though both are nice smile.gif and I'll take both with a smile :DDD......just dont mess with my narusaku hm.png

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#3 SakuraHarunoChan

SakuraHarunoChan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

Lol. I'm pretty sure they're just childhood friends. Renji might have a crush on her.

#4 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

IchiHime for me, though I see IchiRuki as more realistic. I dunno, Rukia understands Ichigo so well that sometimes it's almost mateship to me XD I think Orihime comes across as a deeper character with more complex developments. I don't have anything against either pairing but admittedly, IchiHime wins by just a tad more than a hair :L

#5 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

I actually like IchiHime a lot too. I think it's a lot of fun when a couple have a tsukkomi-boke relationship, and Ichigo and Orihime are like that a lot of the time. Orihime is such a total oddball goof (boke) that it's pretty cute when it contrasts with Ichigo's seriousness (tsukkomi). When Hinata is around Naruto, she just gets super shy and digs herself into a hole; but when Orihime is around Ichigo, she does the wackiest things like twirling a leek around. And you'll often see Naruto playing the boke to Sakura's tsukkomi as well (though to a much more violent degree than IchiHime). IchiRuki is more like double-tsukkomi, which definitely has its own charms, but you won't see it much if ever in NaruSaku.

Anyway, best of both worlds: RukiHime playing tsukkomi-boke comedy
Inoue, that's not a "hime-sama", that's a "jou-sama --Click here to view--

#6 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

I'm Ichiruki all the way! (though I don't make the parallel between narusaku and ichiruki.)

Rukia always gets Ichigo to do better, and I have always liked this aspect of a pairing (friendship or romantic). Ichigo is down or at the end of his rope? It's Rukia who can rise him up.

And I love the way Ichigo's eyes always light up when he sees Rukia...

#7 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

Personally I lean towards Ichiruki and I think it is the likerlier couple to become canon. Although I might see Ichihime happening.

Ichihime doesn't much remind me of NH. Unlike Naruto and Hinata, Ichigo and Orihime actually talk and interact with each other and have pannel time together. The only similarity I can see is Orihime is kind of passive (or at least that is how she come across to me), and she can not spit her feelings out.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#8 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

I guess I prefer Ichihime between the two, but I don't really mind Ichiruki. I've already given an LAP (sort of) on this thread, but basically my main reasoning is liking Orihime more than Rukia, and rooting for her basically. Rukia can be funny, but I guess her character doesn't really interest me in the same way Orihime does. But really, I don't mind what happens as long Kubo doesn't end up forcing a pairing. Contrived romances tend to bug me, at least when the main protagonist is one of the characters involved.

As far as comparisons go, I agree with most people that Naru/Saku =/= Ichi/Ruki. Miss Soupy can explain it better than I can, but Orihime is more of the "realistic girl" in Bleach, much like Sakura is in Naruto.
But, I guess if you try hard enough, you can find similarities between any two pairings you like. That's one of the reasons I've always felt using comparisons between different series as pairing evidence is sort of pointless. I have the same thoughts toward Dragonball and Harry Potter, which seem to be two of the series that get brought up the most in Naruto shipping arguments (at least IMO).

Only with Bleach I find it to be even more asanine, considering how the story is ongoing.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 29 November 2011 - 03:09 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#9 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

I totally ship UlquiHime for no other reason than....

Miss Soupy's Awesome Sigs!!!!!!

I have no other opinion on Bleach couples other than that I'm sure I would be disappointed to not find all those little scenes acted out in the manga. So I'll have to worship from afar through Mis Soupy's excellent pics! laugh.gif a_dance.gif

#10 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

I've been thinking about this for a while. What if Rukia found out about Orihime's feelings?? knowing her, she'd try and set them up with each other, but if Rukia did have feelings for Ichigo, I predict she will have that aching ting in her heart which she tries to ignore.

If Rukia and Orihime confronted each other on this matter, Rukia would support Orihime but Orihime would try to get a word in on Ichigo's feelings for Rukia but unfortunately, to no avail, since Rukia would start ranting off on plans to get them together before she can blurt out Ichigo's feelings. Which would be kinda funny. But it'd also just add to the exasperation to everyone (fans included) about the two oblivious individuals.

I've always liked that RukiHime interaction back during the Arrancar arc. So I suppose that scenario would happen. An even hilarious scenario would be Uryuu and Orihime executing a Xanatos Speed Chess against Rukia's plans to get IchiHime canon and which Uryuu and Orihime's plans would be the opposite, making IchiRuki canon.

@digifruit: if you want a tsukkomi-bokke relationship for Orihime, Uryuu fits the bill too, y'know.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#11 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

bleach doesn't really seem like that kind of story to me... but I dunno

#12 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

NaruSaku and IchiRuki cause yeah there mostly the two best couples ever.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#13 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Nov 29 2011, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yet another convert pictureem0.gif

I'd say neither pairing is like NaruSaku. Maybe bits and pieces are similar, but overall they are very different. I find Orihime more like Sakura than Hinata, but her idolization of Ichigo is similar to Hinata's of Naruto. I don't find Ichigo a very good match up with Naruto anyways. His humor is fairly dry while Naruto is more goofy and energetic.

#14 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Nov 29 2011, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no other opinion on Bleach couples other than that I'm sure I would be disappointed to not find all those little scenes acted out in the manga. So I'll have to worship from afar through Mis Soupy's excellent pics! laugh.gif a_dance.gif

Not being a big follower of the series, I can't say I have much invested in it....but to the extent that I do, I always liked IchigoTatsuki.

But yeah, her sigs are pretty aweomse and do, at least, make me curious about the pairing.

#15 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Nov 29 2011, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, I've grown to like Ulqui/Hime for that same reason. That, and some of Soupy's amazing posts on the Bleach Discussion Thread. happy.gif

QUOTE (Codus N @ Nov 29 2011, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been thinking about this for a while. What if Rukia found out about Orihime's feelings?? knowing her, she'd try and set them up with each other, but if Rukia did have feelings for Ichigo, I predict she will have that aching ting in her heart which she tries to ignore.

If Rukia and Orihime confronted each other on this matter, Rukia would support Orihime but Orihime would try to get a word in on Ichigo's feelings for Rukia but unfortunately, to no avail, since Rukia would start ranting off on plans to get them together before she can blurt out Ichigo's feelings. Which would be kinda funny. But it'd also just add to the exasperation to everyone (fans included) about the two oblivious individuals.

I've always liked that RukiHime interaction back during the Arrancar arc. So I suppose that scenario would happen. An even hilarious scenario would be Uryuu and Orihime executing a Xanatos Speed Chess against Rukia's plans to get IchiHime canon and which Uryuu and Orihime's plans would be the opposite, making IchiRuki canon.
LOL, I like this scenario, but it just seems a little too fanfic-ish to me. Not only is that sort of thing not really Kubo's M.O. as far as romance goes, but what we've seen in the manga so far makes that sort of interaction a bit OOC, in my opinion. To me, Orihime trying to get Ichigo and Rukia together is sort of like those Naru/Hina fics where Sakura notices Hinata's feelings for Naruto, and tries to push them together, despite the fact the manga has sort of shown the opposite concerning that. When Orihime witnessed how Rukia could cheer Ichigo up, her reaction to discovering didn't really make me think she was ready to play cupid for them. In fact, that whole scenario made me sympathize more with Orihime than Ichi/Ruki.

That's not to say that the situation couldn't happen at some point in the future. The manga will probably continue for a while, so that's plenty of time for characters to grow and develop. I'm just not sure how natural it is with what's currently been written.

Also, as to the bolded.... confused.gif

@digifruit: if you want a tsukkomi-bokke relationship for Orihime, Uryuu fits the bill too, y'know.
I actually liked Ishi/Hime when I first started reading the manga, but I guess I lost interest when I realized there wasn't any practical difference between Ishi/Hime and Ishi/Ruki. The guy is devoted to his nakama, just like Ichigo, but just tends to be a little more enigmatic. His personality makes him almost like a blank slate concerning shipping; I can't think of too many Ishida pairings that would seem OOC for him (other than Ishi/Mayuri tongue.gif).

Edited by Boom...Winning, 29 November 2011 - 10:51 PM.

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:34 AM

IchiHime hands down. Love Orihime~ <3
And like Soupy, I also like UliquHime and even dug GrimjHime for a while~ :3

And like others have said already, I don't see how NaruHina can be compared IchiHime. Completely different characters and personalities all around.

#17 SakuraHarunoChan

SakuraHarunoChan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

I also love Miss Soupy's sig, lol. Yeah, the couples are pretty different.

#18 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Nov 30 2011, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, I've grown to like Ulqui/Hime for that same reason. That, and some of Soupy's amazing posts on the Bleach Discussion Thread. happy.gif

LOL, I like this scenario, but it just seems a little too fanfic-ish to me. Not only is that sort of thing not really Kubo's M.O. as far as romance goes, but what we've seen in the manga so far makes that sort of interaction a bit OOC, in my opinion. To me, Orihime trying to get Ichigo and Rukia together is sort of like those Naru/Hina fics where Sakura notices Hinata's feelings for Naruto, and tries to push them together, despite the fact the manga has sort of shown the opposite concerning that. When Orihime witnessed how Rukia could cheer Ichigo up, her reaction to discovering didn't really make me think she was ready to play cupid for them. In fact, that whole scenario made me sympathize more with Orihime than Ichi/Ruki.

That's not to say that the situation couldn't happen at some point in the future. The manga will probably continue for a while, so that's plenty of time for characters to grow and develop. I'm just not sure how natural it is with what's currently been written.

Also, as to the bolded.... confused.gif

I actually liked Ishi/Hime when I first started reading the manga, but I guess I lost interest when I realized there wasn't any practical difference between Ishi/Hime and Ishi/Ruki. The guy is devoted to his nakama, just like Ichigo, but just tends to be a little more enigmatic. His personality makes him almost like a blank slate concerning shipping; I can't think of too many Ishida pairings that would seem OOC for him (other than Ishi/Mayuri tongue.gif).

True, but if you really consider Rukia and Orihime's personalities, it could happen. And especially since they almost seem to be best friends, both of them would want the other to be happy. If Orihime still loves Ichigo, and Rukia learns about that fact, she could possibly do that since she would want Orihime to be happy. Rukia is very much another Tatsuki to Orihime, and Tatsuki knows about Orihime's feelings, and if I recall, she has done several attempts to get them together. The main point, is that, both of them are very selfless. Even if it would kill Hime, as far as I can see, would rather see Ichigo happy with the person that he truly loves.

Now, the major problem would be Rukia's feelings. What does she really feel about him?? I think it's Orihime who opens her eyes to the truth. Orihime would tell her what he really feels for her. She knows how much of an impact she has on Ichigo. But like I said in my scenario, probably won't due to Rukia cutting her off somehow.

Another reason why I don't really see IchiHime happening is that, the development is pretty minimal since it's one-sided from her POV. We've never seen their relationship from Ichigo's POV.

A very, VERY hilarious scenario just popped up in my mind: After this Fullbring battle is over, I expect Ichigo to visit SS again, and there, they throw a Winter War victory party for him since they never celebrated because Ichigo wasn't there to celebrate with them as he is the hero and all (now that I think about it, that party cover a while back may have foreshadowed this).

Amid the festivities, Rangiku, Ikkaku, and Renji have a drinking party and force him to drink too. They pretty much force the sake jug down his throat leaving him totally smashed. And unexpectedly, to everyone, Ichigo suddenly gets up, going over to Rukia's side and promptly confesses while being heavily drunk. And..... total chaos ensues as Byakuya is restrained by most of the Gotei from killing Ichigo. Despite his "implied" acceptance of Ichigo in the previous chapter, he is most definitely not willing to give up his precious little sister just like that.

AND....... the next day, Ichigo completely forgets what happened the other day. Making him the laughingstock of SS because he is absolutely clueless why Byakuya wants his head and Rukia is avoiding him.

But of course, I doubt this will happen, considering Kubo's M.O

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#19 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Nov 30 2011, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, but if you really consider Rukia and Orihime's personalities, it could happen. And especially since they almost seem to be best friends, both of them would want the other to be happy. If Orihime still loves Ichigo, and Rukia learns about that fact, she could possibly do that since she would want Orihime to be happy. Rukia is very much another Tatsuki to Orihime, and Tatsuki knows about Orihime's feelings, and if I recall, she has done several attempts to get them together. The main point, is that, both of them are very selfless. Even if it would kill Hime, as far as I can see, would rather see Ichigo happy with the person that he truly loves.

Now, the major problem would be Rukia's feelings. What does she really feel about him?? I think it's Orihime who opens her eyes to the truth. Orihime would tell her what he really feels for her. She knows how much of an impact she has on Ichigo. But like I said in my scenario, probably won't due to Rukia cutting her off somehow.

Another reason why I don't really see IchiHime happening is that, the development is pretty minimal since it's one-sided from her POV. We've never seen their relationship from Ichigo's POV.

A very, VERY hilarious scenario just popped up in my mind: After this Fullbring battle is over, I expect Ichigo to visit SS again, and there, they throw a Winter War victory party for him since they never celebrated because Ichigo wasn't there to celebrate with them as he is the hero and all (now that I think about it, that party cover a while back may have foreshadowed this).

Amid the festivities, Rangiku, Ikkaku, and Renji have a drinking party and force him to drink too. They pretty much force the sake jug down his throat leaving him totally smashed. And unexpectedly, to everyone, Ichigo suddenly gets up, going over to Rukia's side and promptly confesses while being heavily drunk. And..... total chaos ensues as Byakuya is restrained by most of the Gotei from killing Ichigo. Despite his "implied" acceptance of Ichigo in the previous chapter, he is most definitely not willing to give up his precious little sister just like that.

AND....... the next day, Ichigo completely forgets what happened the other day. Making him the laughingstock of SS because he is absolutely clueless why Byakuya wants his head and Rukia is avoiding him.

But of course, I doubt this will happen, considering Kubo's M.O
Again, it's a hilarious scenario, and it'd work out well in fanfiction (drunk Ichigo FTW tongue.gif), but it's sort of reliant on Ichigo having feelings for Rukia. She definitely is important to him, and I'm not discounting the possibility that he already has developed romantic feelings for her, but I'm not sure how well it fits in what's been shown. Ichigo doesn't really seem to be too concerned about romance, at least from my perspective.

But again, in a potential future scenario, there's no reason why it couldn't work.

That's true, but considering how we've never seen Ichigo's relationship with Rukia, from either party's perspective, in a romantic light, the argument sort of falls flat. I suppose it's possible that something has changed outside of canon, but acknowledging that possibility sort of forces open several shipping possibilities.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 29 2011, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IchiHime hands down. Love Orihime~ <3
And like Soupy, I also like UliquHime and even dug GrimjHime for a while~ :3

Haha yeah, Grimm/Hime's one of my favorite crack pairings. It's right up there with Ichi/Nel. happy.gif

#20 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Ah, that's true. But when you read Ichigo's Poem in the first Post-timeskip volume, (forgot which one).

"I wonder if I can keep up with the speed of the world without you"

You can tell it's beyond romantic. Ichigo and Rukia has been argued by the fandom as two parts of one soul and kubo's poem reinforces it. Even if we never see their relationship from both of their perspectives, you can tell the emphasis on their relationship through their body language. That's Kubo's style. When he emphasizes a character's relationship with each other, he heavily relies on their body language, not just their words.

248793.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users