Close

Astrology

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Astrology (31 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your zodiac sign?

1. Capricorn (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

2. Aquarius (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. Pisces (4 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

4. Aries (4 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

5. Taurus (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

6. Gemini (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

7. Cancer (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

8. Leo (1 votes [3.23%])

9. Virgo (1 votes [3.23%])

10. Libra (1 votes [3.23%])

11. Scorpio (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

12. Sagittarius (1 votes [3.23%])

Vote

#1 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

Call me superstitious, but I've always been fascinated with the signs of the zodiac. I don't believe much in daily horoscopes and all that, but I believe that people often have a lot of characteristics related to their sign. Knowing their sign, I can often predict what they are like in general and how compatible they are with me. Sometimes I'm right, other times I get the wrong impression but I still believe it's fun. biggrin.gif
So I'm interested:
-what is your zodiac sign?
-do you believe in astrology even a bit?
-what are some characteristics/traits of your sign that are true for you?
-are you anything like your sign?

(Don't forget to answer the poll!)

#2 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Well I'm a Gemini and I do fit some of the characteristics of my zodiac sign. Things about me that fit my sign are that I do have two sides to me with personality but then again I think most everyone does XD. I do tend to talk with my hands a lot and that's a Gemini trait. Also I'm very laid back and artistic/ creative. I dont feel that I fit the description of my sign perfectly but there are some things that match up. I do believe in astrology, I'm a very new age kind of person with my beliefs. However I'm not the type of person who reads their horoscope everyday and plans their day according to what the stars say XD

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#3 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

I'm a scorpio. Don't really believe in vague general statements or any kind of pseudo stuff.

Well I guess I am not considered a social butterfly and obsessive, characteristics that are linked with scorpio. However I am not the jealous type. Really. biggrin.gif

But my friend who's born one day after me is very sociable and always the center of attention so I guess he's not much of a scorpio. See that's why there are some information that will be true but some are not. Proves that its just general statements that may or may not hit the mark.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 21 November 2011 - 04:56 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#4 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

-Aries
-A tiny bit.
- Independent, Generous, Optimistic, Enthusiastic, Courageous
- I am very much like my sign seeing how I have most of the traits from it.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#5 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

The scales. Fitting for me.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#6 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

I'm technically a Capricorn, but I was apparently born on a cusp (I only found this out recently), so I'm supposed to have Aquarius traits as well. So I guess that makes me an Aquaricorn? Or maybe a Caprarius? tongue.gif

Anyways, I definitely have traits of both, but I'm not sure how much of it I really buy into. There's so many general traits associated with each sign, I think it's real easy for astrologers to appeal to a broad spectrum with minimal error. I mean, stuff like "hard-working", "loyal", or "good friend" seem like traits that a lot of people would think they have. My Capricorn "Secret Desire" is to be admired by family and friends. That definitely is a desire of mine...but is there anyone out there who doesn't want that?

I definitely think it's fun to read into though, just to see how much it is actually right on, which for me seems like a lot (at least for Capricorn, since I ignore the whole 'cusp' thing). That probably makes me a bit of a hypocrite. sweat.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#7 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

I guess it's time for me to answer my own questions. biggrin.gif Well let's see...
I'm a Pisces and I believe I am a lot like my sign. I have pretty much all the traits. Shy, romantic, emotional, trustworthy, aloof, understanding, dreamy, unrealistic, introverted, impractical, lazy... So yeah, pretty much everything is true for me, good and bad.

#8 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

I'm an Aries. smile.gif

Personally, I don't believe in the zodiac. All the astrologers I've seen just talk a lot of hot air, and they always use vague statements in the hope of scoring a hit somewhere. tongue.gif (It must be nice to get paid for bashing away on a computer keyboard for 15 minutes a day...)

*banishes astrologers to Room 101* tongue.gif

However, I do share some traits with my sign, and I do have an impatient nature at times. I just wish I had a bit more confidence in myself. happy.gif

#9 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

I'm a scorpio...and yeah - I hold MANY of the scorpio characteristics. (strong willed, possessive/jealous - though I've grown out of this with age - confident, always with lots of friends etc etc)

Like you, I don't believe in the day to day stuffs or predictions, but I DO believe in a sort of common characteristics - definitely!
For example - I've always, i mean - ALWAYS been able to spot out Cancers, even with random strangers that I've met for barely an hour! (in real life though - not online people). My mom was a cancer - and we were so opposite that I've sort of known how to spot a cancer, and until now, I've never failed tongue.gif

#10 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

I don't really believe in astrology, but it's kind of fascinating in a way. But to get the "real" picture of your astrological self you have to do a natal chart. Fortunately there is a free site that will give you that:

http://alabe.com/freechart/

Especially important beyond your sun sign (professional astrologers consider them, if anything, even more important than your sun sign):

Your Rising sign/Ascendant
Your Moon Sign
Your Mercury Sign
Your Venus Sign
Your Mars Sign
Your Jupiter Sign
Your Saturn Sign

Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are "generational" signs so are less important individually (although what "house" they are in is meaningful to the individual.) What "houses" your planets are in and their positive or negative relations to each other because of that is also important. That website will give you the most important of those relations as well- although just visually, you'll have to find the house significances elsewhere (I remember there used to be another that would do the most significant house alignments as well, but I can't seem to find it now)

My sun is Libra
Rising Sign is Aquarius
Moon is Pisces
Mercury is Libra
Venus is Virgo
Mars is Leo
Jupiter is Cancer/Leo cusp
Saturn is Pisces

Oh, found a site that does have a free natal chart with the house info and planet alignment info too

http://astro.cafeast...bin/astro/natal

Looking at the various personality descriptions on the second site, it comes even closer to the mark than the first one... quite close with both my strengths and weaknesses overall (a few "uh no" points but just a few). Interesting.

Edited by ciardha, 24 November 2011 - 09:50 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#11 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

Wow, thanks ciardha! It's quite fascinating. I have heard of the planet houses but it was a bit too much to go into.

Edited by Kim, 24 November 2011 - 10:45 AM.

#12 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

I'm Pisces , i believe a little in astrology , i have a job cuz of it ( its weird), i'm a software developer i work with android.
i have a lot of traits.
and i'm born in 03/08/1993 .
03/08-> is the women's day in brazil and i'm a man and i like girls.

#13 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

I am Cancer, but i don't believe in Astrology.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#14 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 24 2011, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really believe in astrology, but it's kind of fascinating in a way. But to get the "real" picture of your astrological self you have to do a natal chart. Fortunately there is a free site that will give you that:

Rising Sign is Cancer
Sun is Aries
Moon is Cancer
Mercury is Pisces
Venus is Taurus
Mars is Capricorn
Jupiter is Taurus
Saturn is Capricorn
Uranus is Capricorn
Neptune is Capricorn
Pluto is Scorpio

#15 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Nov 24 2011, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rising Sign is Cancer
Sun is Aries
Moon is Cancer
Mercury is Pisces
Venus is Taurus
Mars is Capricorn
Jupiter is Taurus
Saturn is Capricorn
Uranus is Capricorn
Neptune is Capricorn
Pluto is Scorpio

i dont believe in this , it talks about compatibility so...
i think this part is trash

#16 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Thomas Narusaku @ Nov 24 2011, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont believe in this , it talks about compatibility so...
i think this part is trash

#17 yingxuy

yingxuy

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

Always been able to detect cancer, and even random strangers, I just met an hour! My mother is a cancer - we are so, on the contrary, I am a little know how to find cancer.

#18 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 24 2011, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, found a site that does have a free natal chart with the house info and planet alignment info too

http://astro.cafeast...bin/astro/natal

Looking at the various personality descriptions on the second site, it comes even closer to the mark than the first one... quite close with both my strengths and weaknesses overall (a few "uh no" points but just a few). Interesting.

Holy wow. That chart site is awesome. I am pretty much on board with how you view Astrology. It's not something I believe in, but it's crazy how detailed it all is.

I must admit, Scorpio applies to me pretty well though. XD Also, noticin' a lot of Scorpios who voted. Hell yeah!
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users