#1 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Stand tall, even when you have to take a knee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Counter-strike, Cooking, and many more

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

My dad passed away on Monday, and I swear for the life of me 20 years of wondering what I would do if I lost one of my parents could never prepare me for this. I find myself just staring at some old pictures of my dad and I and I just...I just hurt ya know? For every person who asks me if I am alright its fine when you ask the question because I wasn't processing what I was losing...But I mean god my eyes are freaking puffy, and my throat is swelling for w/e reason.. Its seriously something I know I will experience more but its like I am dieing a little bit inside...I will always have my memorys, Its just now sinking in that I wont have anymore of him...

Edited by Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!, 03 September 2009 - 08:59 AM.

#2 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:59 AM

I feel sorry for ya, pal sad.gif but don't you think that you should post personal stuffs on i-Blog? just a lil' reminder.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:01 AM

I didn't really think it was a blog, im sorry I really meant it as a question

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:31 AM

*Gives a long tight hug* a_comfort.gif

I'm truly sorry that this happened. If you ever want to talk more, you can PM me anytime <33

Oh, and personal stuff doesn't 'have' to go in a blog. Ichiraku is for all types of topics, so this one fits in just fine.

#5 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:46 AM

I dunno how to relate to your story Lego, while I don't have parents anymore, I don't have any memory of em either so I can't say that I know how you're feeling. But I think the best advice that I can give you is to cherish your memory of him, good or bad or in between. While he will never come back in physical sense but at least you can live on with believe that you know him and can say proudly that he still exist inside you.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#6 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:20 PM

There really is no "cure" to pain like this, and I know how you feel, so all I can really say is, give things time. Move on, but never forget. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I really do hope things get better. Like I said, time eases the pain.

My Condolences a_hug.gif

Edited by FrutyLishis, 03 September 2009 - 12:27 PM.

#7 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:32 PM

It's gonna be hard to recover from losing someone that is very close to you through death. All I can say is like others said, never forget about you father and cherish it dearly.

My condolences to you and your family as well.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#8 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

Man, I feel your pain. I lost my step dad a couple of years back. It's going to hurt but when it hurts, think of the good times you had and all the memories you have. Ain't nothing wrong with crying about it brother.

Keep your head up and smile about all the good times. That makes thing a little more bearable.

#9 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

I've never really had to deal with anything like this before. But I know being able to talk about or having someone there to help you cope always helps. I went to hang out with one of my college friends for a day when she found out her grandfather passed away. Just remember that your dad would want you to be happy, and that he'll live on in your memories. Take to heart what he's taught you all these years as you are also the legacy he's left behind. It's ok to be sad, and it's ok to cry. Just don't dwell on losing him because he should be remembered for the life he shared with you.

Try to think of one happy memory with him each day and smile. smile.gif

#10 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

So sorry to hear about your Dad *hugs from me too* a_hug.gif
I've gone through the deaths of all my grandparents, though my parents are still around, so I wont say that I know exactly what you feel but I have had to deal with the pain of losing someone. My Grandpa's death was the hardest for me, it would keep me up at night with puffy eyes and boxes of kleenex too. Something that really helped me cope was writing about my memories of him and my grief in a journal. It can really make you think of the good times and all the small things that made you love him. I know you miss your papa, but just remember that he's not really gone. He's still with you always and in the next world you'll meet again, I'm sure of it. happy.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#11 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

Sorry about your dad a_comfort.gif I've lost some important people in my life. But not anyone as close. What I do is remember all the good times we had together and keep it in the back of my mind, so when ever I'm feeling down, I'll just think back to the moment. It's okay to cry... even I do sometimes, but don't spend your whole life doing so, because life goes on, and you should too. Not now, I mean, since it's too early, but when the time is right, you won't find your self crying your eyes out in the middle of the night. Take care.

#12 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:09 AM

Thank you guys for really helping me out, I really will cherish what I remember of him. I went to his service at Fort Snelling yesterday where he had full military honors (to my knowledge) Its going to be rough for the next few months, but I really want to know reading your posts really help me push forward. Thanks alot guys

#13 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:17 AM

My condolences to you and your family.

#14 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:57 PM

I really am sorry for your lose Lego and I have never have this happen to me before but I'm sure your father is always there with you and he would want you to be strong and inspirational to your future. When someday you can fill in your fathers shoes and be an inspiration to your future children with all of the experiences, lesson, and good time you had with your father and you can pass down to your future children as well.

Always having people to talk to rather it be physically, on the phone, or through the internet (we're always here for you yes.gif ), It will help cope/relieve your stress.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 07 September 2009 - 12:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users