The Great H&E Drabble Contests!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#21 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:40 AM

One down, two or three more to go! rawr.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#22 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:43 AM

*shoots self for writing so much fluff*

I can't believe I actually managed to write two of them....

But still it was a great thing to place my cross overs so thats awesome!

Nice drabbles everyone! I enjoyed reading them. This was a really fun idea! smile.gif happy.gif

EDIT:

AH Denim you copycat bastard! Don't think you'll be able to match me in Bleach crossovers! rawr.gif After I'm done with Bleach, there are more anime/manga girls to come! :teehee:

Edited by TrueSalvation, 05 May 2008 - 06:22 PM.

#23 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:51 PM

A question for you all about voting...would you all like to be able to vote once...or twice? happy.gif

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

I think twice will be good. happy.gif

That way we can decide which one will be in the final top 3.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#25 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

Wait I'm confused. I thought we voted only once for our favorite three drabbles.
QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 3 2008, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a little idea that Denim, Yoko, and I brainstormed together. It's pretty much just a weekly drabble contest, where you have a choice of 5 different themes to write from...you write your drabble...post it...people can read your drabble, and vote during the week for the top 3 drabbles that they like the best. ..and at the end of the week the drabbles with the most votes in a separate poll that I put up, will win happy.gif

So why would we vote twice? Or is it we vote for our favorite six?

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ May 8 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait I'm confused. I thought we voted only once for our favorite three drabbles.
So why would we vote twice? Or is it we vote for our favorite six?

No. Normally in contests you are only allowed to vote once for your favourite story. And the story with the most votes would be ranked # 1, with a # 2, and # 3 story selected as runner-ups, from the remaining group.

What I am asking is if you all want the chance to vote not just once but twice, as say for example there is a drabble that you really, really like but there is also another drabble that you equally like, and you don't know which one to vote for. Having two votes would give you the opportunity to vote for both drabbles, which would also increase the chances of some drabbles which may not get a vote, to receive that vote, and have a higher chance of placing in the top 3 happy.gif

Conversely, I also realize that some people may use that second vote to vote for one drabble that they like twice, which is why I am asking for you guy's opinions on whether we should allow everyone to vote just once, or to give that opportunity to vote twice. So please speak up, and let me know in this thread, yes or no, whether we should have two votes or one, ASAP, because the first voting poll goes up tomorrow. Thanks for the participation everyone happy.gif

#27 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 8 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Normally in contests you are only allowed to vote once for your favourite story. And the story with the most votes would be ranked # 1, with a # 2, and # 3 story selected as runner-ups, from the remaining group.

What I am asking is if you all want the chance to vote not just once but twice, as say for example there is a drabble that you really, really like but there is also another drabble that you equally like, and you don't know which one to vote for. Having two votes would give you the opportunity to vote for both drabbles, which would also increase the chances of some drabbles which may not get a vote, to receive that vote, and have a higher chance of placing in the top 3 happy.gif

Conversely, I also realize that some people may use that second vote to vote for one drabble that they like twice, which is why I am asking for you guy's opinions on whether we should allow everyone to vote just once, or to give that opportunity to vote twice. So please speak up, and let me know in this thread, yes or no, whether we should have two votes or one, ASAP, because the first voting poll goes up tomorrow. Thanks for the participation everyone happy.gif

Hmmm...I guess I don't mind the two votes idea. I mean...if anyone votes for the same drabble twice, then they just have no honor, and should be hung up to a tree by their toenails for a whole week... mellow.gif anyway, I don't really mind either way, though I think the two votes per person idea would be cool.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#28 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

I think two votes per person is good, Sakura-chan. If someone tries to use it to vote for the same drabble twice, you can always ignore the second vote.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#29 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for the input guys happy.gif

And polls are now open! a_spaz.gif

PLEASE VOTE HERE wow.png

#30 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:38 PM

When are the new words being put up? O_O

LOVE IS WAR,

#31 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Deidara Lover @ May 12 2008, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When are the new words being put up? O_O

Working on 'em right now, and will have them up very soon! wow.png

Edit - And Vyse has signed on as Co-Cap'n to this 'ere drabble ship, so he'll also be contributing to the continued success of these drabble contests. Thanks Vy-kun! th_glomp.gif

#32 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

Sorry for the double post but:

New themes are up! wow.png

Week 2 keywords/themes:

Flowers

Touch

Present/Gift

Cold/Warm

Scars

Week 2 Drabble Contest officially begins...NOW! a_spaz.gif

Good luck everyone! Have fun with these new themes, and let's see some more kickass drabbles come out of them! Yosh! wow.png

#33 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

Darn you, Shauna! 111193.gif Because of one of the themes you posted, I made my first angst one and I don't like angst.

Anyways... one down, more to go... tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#34 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

but Derock..

ANGST IS WIN. and I"m better at writing it. And WTF you beat me to posting them.

... Though, I posted two, so XD

ANYWAI. I love the themes. ♥

#35 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 12 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Darn you, Shauna! 111193.gif Because of one of the themes you posted, I made my first angst one and I don't like angst.

Anyways... one down, more to go... tongue.gif

LOL! XD

Drabbles ftw! 111191.gif

QUOTE (Yoko @ May 12 2008, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ANYWAI. I love the themes. ♥

Yosh! wow.png

And thank you Co-Cap'n Vyse on all of the invaluable input with the newly selected themes. You rock! th_glomp.gif

#36 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:06 AM

Hehe another week of great drabbles! I love getting all these little plot bunnies out of my head by writing them down XD! These themes look awesome to! OMG one of them is touch? Oh ho ho now that is going to be fun! :teehee:

Hmm I think I'll continue pairing Naruto with Bleach girls for now, and maybe even from the Narutverse! Then some new anime/manga girls! wow.png

Thanks Shauna and Vyse for continuing this fun project. Really sweet idea! happy.gif

#37 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:32 AM

Well, I have to say I like these themes. I'll try and make something worthwhile out of them! :thumbs:

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#38 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Stand tall, even when you have to take a knee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Counter-strike, Cooking, and many more

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:40 AM

Can someone here please tell me what drabble is, and does it HAVE to have a pairing?

#39 Denim88

Denim88

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (Rix @ May 12 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone here please tell me what drabble is, and does it HAVE to have a pairing?

A drabble is a short little fic within 600 words (at least for the contest). It can be about anything that has to do with the themes given.

Also, it doens't have to be a pairing based fic, it's just what has been done for most of them. If you want, it can be about a single character, or a group of characters. Hope that helps.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

#40 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ May 13 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A drabble is a short little fic within 600 words (at least for the contest). It can be about anything that has to do with the themes given.

Also, it doens't have to be a pairing based fic, it's just what has been done for most of them. If you want, it can be about a single character, or a group of characters. Hope that helps.

Thanks for providing these great answers, Deni :thumbs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users