Live Chat: OPEN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#21 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (DJ Lee @ Apr 25 2007, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The admins/mods must've had a very good reason to shut down the chat.

Yes, it was a very good reason.

A handful of members were extremely stupid and inconsiderate. My fellow mods and I are extremely disappointed and furious at those involved. Those involved also chose to purposely cover it up in an attempt to stop us finding out.

I am sorry that we have shut down the Live Chat once more but - considering the gravity of the situation - there was no other choice. When it reopens, it will be kept under a tight leash, still letting people get together for a fun chat, but not letting any more incidents happen.

There will be no more unsupervised chats.

It hurts to come back to something like this. Things like this affect the rest of the boards and everyone else suffers the consequences. Anyone who breaks the rules just ends up hurting the boards.

Hopefully, H&E can pick itself up and we can get back to being a better place.

#22 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

Shepard and Tali

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

-sigh- It's a sad day indeed when the chat is closed again after being open for only a few weeks. I was also unfortunate enough to witness that conversation, although i had no clue that they were trying to hide what happened.
Prison gates won't open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin'
Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can't hold my soul in
All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And oh I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

#23 Lightside

Lightside

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I like to hang with my peeps anddo ...stuff...

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

I apologize for my explicit behavior on live chat, I'm very ashamed of myself and also want to apologize especialy to Sakura for lieing. I realize I have lost alot of everyones trust and understand if I'm not going to be wanted back here. Also I want to apologize to all of the other members of the site who I've caused trouble to. Thats about all I can do is say sorry and that isn't going to do much. Goodbye everyone, maybe i'll see ya somewhere else happy.gif
Sincerley,
Kami Seggarrd
http://manga.clone-a...hp?page=1&lang= nana's life, the sequal/inspiration to elfen lied
http://www.stanford....codary/tkam.htm how to kill a moking bird!!!!

#24 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:34 PM

#25 Snowfall

Snowfall

... wha?

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Music, art, singing, hanging with friends, family, church, daydreaming, writing

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

Well, I wasn't even there to witness whatever happened, and I think it was best that I didn't considering how everything is seeming to turn out. I left right before it happened I guess...

Otherwise, I hope the Mods make the best choice for H&E and hope everything will turn back to normal soon.

#26 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

well i would like to say I'm TRUELY sorry for my actions on sunday, and hopeful people wont be to mad at me for what i did. But if anyone gonna punish it should be me, i take full actions of what i did. i'm sorry mods/admins i should know BETTER. I deeply apologize please forgive me. And if you guys want me to leave the site i would understand so i'm so sorry again shriner and shauna for trying to cover it up. and i would like to say goodbye to everyone.

I be there in 2 months YAAY!

#27 PhantomNinja

PhantomNinja

Crazy little brunette

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading, writting, cooking... (i have a lot of 'ings')

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:16 PM

Well, these things do happen... *sigh*

I have nothing to say: I wasn't there and I don't believe that I can add to anything that anyone has already said. Lately though, we've been having a lot of LC problems... which is really a dissapointment, because it allows us members to become close and talk.

And lightside and danni, unless you are forced to leave, you really shouldn't. I'm not sure what you did, but everybody makes mistakes.

#28 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Lightside @ Apr 25 2007, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I apologize for my explicit behavior on live chat, I'm very ashamed of myself and also want to apologize especialy to Sakura for lieing. I realize I have lost alot of everyones trust and understand if I'm not going to be wanted back here. Also I want to apologize to all of the other members of the site who I've caused trouble to. Thats about all I can do is say sorry and that isn't going to do much. Goodbye everyone, maybe i'll see ya somewhere else happy.gif
Sincerley,
Kami Seggarrd

Lightside, I'm not trying to be harsh here, but you say you're married, so that would make you an adult, but you don't appear like one. With this latest escapade, it would appear less and less so. I'm not going to say any more than that, but the worst thing someone can do on the Internet is deceive people.

With that said, you shouldn't leave. I don't have a reason to why you should, but give yourself a second chance or something.

QUOTE (Danni @ Apr 25 2007, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i would like to say I'm TRUELY sorry for my actions on sunday, and hopeful people wont be to mad at me for what i did. But if anyone gonna punish it should be me, i take full actions of what i did. i'm sorry mods/admins i should know BETTER. I deeply apologize please forgive me. And if you guys want me to leave the site i would understand so i'm so sorry again shriner and shauna for trying to cover it up. and i would like to say goodbye to everyone.

Danni, I could almost understand your situation. You just got out of depression, so you feel great and 'puffed up' right now, so don't take this too harshly. We've all made it clear that we care for you, so even if you did something stupid, you're still part of this family, and like any family, there are members that do a lot of off the wall things outside this website (Krisk XD).

There's no need to leave. Both of you have made a mistake and have been punished for it. As the old saying goes, "you learn from your mistake."
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#29 Coupe

Coupe

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Random stuff

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:00 AM

At least theres an apology to the board.
Conversation between me and my awesome drama teacher whilst watching Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds.

Are the birds some kind of Communist secret weapon?
No Jordan.

Are the birds under some kind of mind control by Big Bird from sesame street? Will Big Bird turn out to be the murderer? Will that girl turn around and big bird is behind her and she gets stabbed in the face?
No Jordan.

Is this the chickens revenge on Colonel Sanders?
Yes Jordan, this is a movie about an all bird terrorist group, led by big bird, funded by Communists on a mission to kill Colonel Sanders.

Really?
No Jordan.

#30 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:24 AM

Well, I am glad that there wasn't any fighting involved this time. Lightside and Danni, if you two are sorry then you really shouldn't just leave, just make sure it doesn't happen again(and you will). We're not made of stone, we can forgive smile.gif

#31 SirDragon13

SirDragon13

Science

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:This needed serious updates.

Snowboarding
    Traveling
    Skateboarding
    Anything science
    Food. Love me some tacos.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:52 AM

Are you kidding me?

I leave the boards for like 4 days, and this happens again? And for a second time?....wtf seriously.

Now the live chat is closed..nice one. Not to be harsh or anything but..dang again? how? why? I mean if its such a good reason to shut down the chat room, then why not tell what it is? Unless....nothign ever happned.. It's just a theory, so hodl your horses people.

Well I hope it opens up soon..i need to talk to some people. And yea yea..the Pming is still here..but it jsut aint the same.

Well that's my little rant.

This is such a good Welcome back present.

Thanx guys! happy.gif!
One Side:
And the Other

#32 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (SirDragon13 @ Apr 25 2007, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you kidding me?
I leave the boards for like 4 days, and this happens again? And for a second time?....wtf seriously.
Now the live chat is closed..nice one. Not to be harsh or anything but..dang again? how? why? I mean if its such a good reason to shut down the chat room, then why not tell what it is? Unless....nothign ever happned.. It's just a theory, so hodl your horses people.
Well I hope it opens up soon..i need to talk to some people. And yea yea..the Pming is still here..but it jsut aint the same.
Well that's my little rant.
This is such a good Welcome back present.

Thanx guys! happy.gif!

I think I was in the chatroom when the conversation took place, though I wasn't paying attention to it since I was mostly away surfing the net or in another room-Hot Springs. But to answer your question, it was just a not very good topic to be discussing in a public chatroom with some (may or may not be) minors in the room as well.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#33 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:05 AM

Well, as far as the initial happening, I am equally as guilty. I apologize for the trouble my actions have cause the mods, and the inconvenience to the rest of you as far as LC having to be closed due to it.

As far as the cover-up... well that I know nothing about. I'd gladly tell what happened exactly, but I'm not sure I'm at liberty to discuss it.

At any rate, as a man I take responsibility for my actions, and I expect to be held fully accountable. As for what happened, I only regret that I was careless enough to get caught up in this, and that I let things get out of hand. I realize that I am no exception to the rules, and to disregard them, even for a moment, even unintentionally, was thoughtless of me.

Whatever the mods/admins may decide to do with me, you'll have no argument from me. I support any consequence they see fit totally.

Well, again, sorry for the trouble, and if it comes to pass that I'm not able to speak with those of you who know me again, It was great knowing all of you.

~Silent

#34 superherodestiny

superherodestiny

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:16 AM

DUDES!!!!!?????

What's the good word on this? I haven't been round for a few days. I come back and BAM, chats closed? Hey man, I don't know what happened, but you guys must have been talkin some bad stuff if the mods closed the chat for a second time.

And word, before peeps think anything, I had nothing to do with this

#35 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:35 AM

I have an update regarding the status of the chat. LiveChat will eventually be reopened later this week, likely sometime Friday. However there will be some conditions.

(1) This is the final time we will be doing this. If we have to shutdown LiveChat again because people are misbehaving, it will be eliminated permanently.

(2) As Smiter has already said, all chats will be supervised by a mod. In other words the chat will only be open when a Mod is present.

#36 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:41 AM

Congrats on the new positions, bass, derock, krazy, chu, and jo! I was kind of hoping for there to be some livechat mods and I'm glad that we were able to get some, however unfortunate the reasons for doing so may have been. I will try to do my best to help keep the conversations from steering off into something bad to help lessen the burden on the mods. I suppose we should all be grateful LC is open again and be on our best behavior.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#37 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:50 AM

Haha, krazy got his wish. He's now the nightshift ANBU XD.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#38 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:22 AM

I don't I was here when it happens but I do feel sad because of this development. Lightside, Danni and whoever responsible for this don't need to leave that much I know. Just make sure that something like this don't happen again.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#39 Tha#1Stunna

Tha#1Stunna

NaruHina Roxx

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:30 AM

WHAAAAAT!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?! I leave for 5 days, come back,and LC is closed T.T What happened??? Who did it??? Whoever it was, imma give them a verbal beatdown :devil:

#40 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Stand tall, even when you have to take a knee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Counter-strike, Cooking, and many more

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:28 AM

I love you guys, everyone does things they may regret or w/e, I do not want to see anyone leave over this.
Lets just make sure it doesnt happen ok smile.gif *Hugs Danni, SilentShibobi, and Lightside*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users