• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:34 AM

A topic all to myself? Where I can personally vent and rant all I want?! wow.png Wow.
Well, don't say I didn't warn you....

I’m Gena-chan A.K.A. “Silvery-chan” wave.gif (So dubbed by Shauna, to whom I’m forever grateful. ^__^ *beams*)

I really REALLY like ice-cream with dark-chocolate sauce all over it. XD ‘Specially peppermint frozen-yogurt at 10 p.m.
(But I’m still skinny as a stick. *laughs* Got my dad’s appetite….
Inner Gena- “STEAKS AN’ PUTATOES!” rawr.gif
…And my mom’s metabolism. ^__^)

Also love books, fantasy primarily (NOT sci-fi *gags*). I could literally LIVE in a book store. (Till they kicked me out, of course. T_T)

Really do enjoy learning about just anything and EVERYTHING, about how things work, the “why” “whens” and “wheres,” that sort of stuff.

Surprisingly enough, that’s abnormal for a 16 year-old. (OKAY! So I’m not in a university yet! *pouts* Don’t use it against me. *sticks tongue out at lurkers*)

Since I usually avoid stereotypes, I don’t really have one. (Nor a clique either. I have a hodgepodge of close friends and usually drift)
Most would call me the “eccentric artsy type.” I just say that I am who I am. I try not to put up a front for other people.

I like, scratch that, ADORE writing, so fanfiction is one of my outlets.
(But as I am with all of my ‘things-to-do,’ I procrastinate and almost never finish things after I think them up. =_=;;;)

My mood can go from dead-panned serious to hYpEr as a 12 year old in no time flat.
(As I’ve told you, you have been warned. O_o I scare the be-jeebers out of my sibs.)

And just lately, I was in a musical. happy.gif Yeah for “Seussical” and the Who’s! <3

Now, time for me to fall asleep doing my school work. *yawns*
(Story of my life. 80% is spent TRYING to do what I’m supposed to be doing, while 20% of the time I actually DO it)

Till then,

~Ja ne.

P.S. I'm all tired, grouchy, and cold-ridden right now, so if I sound like a ole grandmother, that's probably why. tongue.gif
(Ironically enough, I GOT my sore throat from my Gran. O_o)

Edited by Gena kumo, 19 November 2008 - 03:57 AM.

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#2 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Stand tall, even when you have to take a knee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Counter-strike, Cooking, and many more

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:39 AM

Story of my freaking life....80% wanting to do something....15% of my life complaining about not doing it......5% begrudgingly doing it xD

#3 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Gosu @ Nov 18 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Story of my freaking life....80% wanting to do something....15% of my life complaining about not doing it......5% begrudgingly doing it xD

Yup yup. happy.gif Seems that I'm not alone. XD

Edited by Gena kumo, 19 November 2008 - 03:42 AM.

#4 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:05 AM

Ah, Gena-chan! You made a blog! th_glomp.gif

It's awesome to get to know more about you. You're surprisingly similar to me. We like the same things. Fanfiction is my life! And you like sleeping in, don't you? Please tell me you like sleeping in. whatthekitten.gif

#5 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Gena kumo @ Nov 18 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I’m Gena-chan A.K.A. “Silvery-chan” wave.gif (So dubbed by Shauna, to whom I’m forever grateful. ^__^ *beams*)

*Grins and waves back* You're welcome! wow.png

*Iz da name dubbing queen* >D

And just like Nummy-chan said, you have a LOT of similar characteristics to me as well. Tis epic and win wow.png

#6 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:48 PM

Hellow again!
(SN: Don’t expect daily updates here. I’m a procrastinating perfectionist. O_o Yeah, let’s just say that my life is one big oxymoron.)

I’m also vocabulary geek. (my own MUM can’t understand me half of the time XD)...so I’ve decided to do a little “word of the day” thing each time I post.

Word of the Moment:
Lackadaisical- (adjective) idle or indolent especially in a dreamy way; "she was annoyingly lackadaisical and impractical";
"a...lackadaisical, spiritless young man-about-town"- P.G.Wodehouse

And ‘cuz I’m in a terrific mood and it’s nice and crisp outside…
(Did I mention that Autumn is my favorite season? *grins* Excepting spring, of course. It’s also when my allergies are the worst. *sniffle*)

…I'm going to introduce you lot to Gena’s Personal Circus.

Let the kawaiiness begin! ^w^

My puppies, which you may have already seen biggrin.gif --Click here to view--

(W/ a family friend holding them. I don't do soccer jerseys. <__<)
Well, aren't they just adorable! ^__^ They look awkward in this pic cuz they don't quite know what to make of the camera. *giggles*
They're also bruder and sister corgis. ^w^
...And for the record, they're ten times cuter than the Queen's. XD

My kitty-cat ^w^ --Click here to view--

FYI: This is one of his slightly younger pics.
(Haven't been able to catch him for a good picture in a while, ‘cuz he's always running around outside!)
His name is Wolfie, after Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, since he's black and white like piano keys. biggrin.gif
(Wolfie was Mozart's pet name. His older sister called him that when they did piano conchertos together. ^__^ I read about it in a picture book when I was 10.)

And my…

Elephird??!? --Click here to view--

Heh, just kidding, just kidding.
If you read "Horton the Elephant" by Dr. Seuss, then you'll know what this little bugger is.
(It's horribly ugly. XD All of the cast had to bite their cheeks so we wouldn't burst out laughing.)
It was one of our props in our "Seussical," a musical that complies all of Dr. Seuss' books into one big story.
It was so SO much fun to do! By the way, I was a Who. happy.gif

Yup yup, today has been good! *bounces in place*

I aced my Science test, didn’t hopelessly fail my Latin one, and my English teacher ranted about my paper in front of the entire class!
(Ironically enough, only when I was out of the room taking a quiz. XD Probably to keep me from blushing puce and then having my head explode w/ the ego rush)

…And now I’m off to go throw popcorn at the latest vampire movie with my friends. ^__^

Till then…

~Ja ne

#7 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:45 AM

Word of the Moment:
Negate-
(verb) 1. to deny the existence, evidence, or truth of: an investigation tending to negate any supernatural influences.
2. to nullify or cause to be ineffective: Progress on the study has been negated by the lack of funds.

Umm, is it just me, or do I seem to have the Midas "kill topics" touch? O_o
(I mean, seriously, look in some of the forums at "dead" topics and you'll find a lot of them have MY name on the last post. O_- *twitches* Weird...)

Hmm, I wonder...*pokes H&E banner experimentally*
*H&E shrivels up and dies* NOT AGAIN!! arg.gif

This is like the freaky old "A Troll in Central Park" movie but WORSE!! *cries*
(That movie gave me serious nightmares. 8( Google it if you have a death-wish.)

Edited by Gena kumo, 24 November 2008 - 03:47 AM.

#8 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:08 AM

^ LOLOLOL omg you're awesome. to actually BLAME yourself for the dieing of topics around here? xDDD man ilu. 8Db

and i kinda agree to that. the boards have sorta dwindled down for some reason-- it's like lurkerdom. D: IZ OKAY WE CAN REVIVE PLACE Y/Y? wow.png

also, i backed up abit and i gotta say you sound pretty cool-- you do seem like that eccentric lone-ranger that sticks away from the stereotypes :] i like dat.
OH and nice to meetcha! I R KRISK rawr.gif

i guess we never got to meet 'cause you probably arrived during my ...uh, MIA adventure XDDD

anywhoo, i also noticed that you like to eat. and don't get fat. arg.gif YOU FEEL IT. YOU FEEL THE SAME WAAAAAAY AS MEEEEEEEEEE ;___;
>.>...

8D i actually got my appetite (imo) from my mom (she denies it though) wow.png
and DUDE. CLICK ME. LOLOL I FUNNY.

and to that troll thing?

HELL NO.

D:<

I HATE TROLLS.

that one movie, with the teeny trolls that were in this girl's bedroom that later took the girl to this weird fantasy world gave me the heebie-geebies forever D:

#9 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:12 AM

Blah I used to think every thread I touched justed was like....Gosu posted here?/? .... [-.\\\]

NEXT

I know the feeling biggrin.gif I will start posting in yours just to prove you wrong smile.gif

Edited by Gosu, 24 November 2008 - 04:12 AM.

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:32 PM

ZOMG UR DOGGIES ARE ADORABLE! a_spaz.gif

And teh kitty iz so cute too :3 <3

#11 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Nov 23 2008, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH and nice to meetcha! I R KRISK rawr.gif

i guess we never got to meet 'cause you probably arrived during my ...uh, MIA adventure XDDD

anywhoo, i also noticed that you like to eat. and don't get fat. arg.gif YOU FEEL IT. YOU FEEL THE SAME WAAAAAAY AS MEEEEEEEEEE ;___;
>.>...

8D i actually got my appetite (imo) from my mom (she denies it though) wow.png
and DUDE. CLICK ME. LOLOL I FUNNY.

‘ELLO! ^__^ EGO ES GENA. (Translation: The dork says hi! :B)

Sounds like your “adventura” was pretty entertaining. XD (Right out of the pages of Dora the Explorer, actually. ^__^ Epic, purely epic.)

Good to find another eternally skinny person in our ranks. *claps krisk on back* (Speaking of…*is chugging homemade eggnog*)

Us sticks will live forever!!! rawr.gif (If the doctors telling us to gain weight don’t kill us first. O_o Or the dreaded Turkducken of cholesterol DOOM D8)

QUOTE (Gosu @ Nov 23 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blah I used to think every thread I touched justed was like....Gosu posted here?/? .... [-.\\\]

NEXT

I know the feeling biggrin.gif I will start posting in yours just to prove you wrong smile.gif

It’s the Newbie Curse. O.o *squiggles arms in the air* Ooooo…. (Posters beware!)

Though I will admit it’ll be nice to have someone ELSE trying to prove me wrong for once. XD (It’s usually the other way around…)

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 24 2008, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ZOMG UR DOGGIES ARE ADORABLE! a_spaz.gif

And teh kitty iz so cute too :3 <3

But the Elephird pawns them all!!! ;p
*giggles* Thx. I’ll give them all a cuddle 4 you. ^w^

Edited by Gena kumo, 25 November 2008 - 01:54 AM.

#12 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:25 AM

biggrin.gif anything to make you feel BeTtAr <3

#13 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:37 AM

I have returned! (But I never promised you consistant updates, now did I?)

Word of the Moment:
Risk- (noun/verb) a plunge, gamble, peril; to be in jeopardy; to throw oneself headlong into danger with out thought about the danger involved

Eh…had to write a research paper off that one little word.
(Who KNEW that ‘risk’ came from the French word ‘risqué’ and that came from the Italian ‘risco?!?’
Well, I guess you do now. ^^;; )

Here’s what I turned in for our first metaphorical paper part (had to define it in a series of metaphors)

My definition --Click here to view--
What is Risk?

This is.

Yup, I turned in a practiacally blank sheet of papter.
Surprisingly enough, my teacher loved it. XD
(My cousin suggested I do it. ;D Something along the lines of “free-balling it.”
Yup, she’s the Indie of the family, and I love her. ^w^ She has the greatest CDs…)

Must admit, it was an interesting theme to use.
But now…the definition doesn’t look so inviting.

Long, wordy, unconnected ramble. Read if you dare. --Click here to view--
My dad’s in the money-management business. -__- If you’ve been watching the news, that is almost self-explanatory.
Anyways…my family is going through a hard time right now with the Recession and all (Crash of Stark-market, economy, etc…), financially and otherwise.
(My dad’s gone a lot. It’s pretty hard on my mum. He’s getting better about it but still…
The stress is wearing on the both of them.)

…Not to mention that I have EXAMINATIONS next week. 8( Yipe.

However…

1. I’ve learned some pretty creative things to do with my clothes…(rip a piece up and make it into something new, make a skirt into a top, coordinate, steal items from my mom, shirts from my brother, tops from my sister, THRIFT SHOPPIN’! XD, etc…^w^)

2. I think that all of the things that have been happening have put everything in a new perspective for me; I’m starting to understand what really lasts.
Honestly, our families closer than ever right now. We don’t have all the material things floating around. My dad’s home more.
All good, except that his business is nearly toasted. O_o I’m just counting my blessings that he hasn’t lost his job and we still have our house and a good portion of our savings, unlike many families these days.

I’m concentrating on the positive things. ^__^ It could be worse. Much, much worse.

I could be a kid with AIDS. I could be a kid alone in the middle of the desert with AIDS. I could have tapeworms. I could be cockroach. O_o *shivers* Okay, THAT would be bad.

3. I’ve also realized that I’m truly thankful that my family has always implemented the values of frugality on me and my siblings.
We’ve never had a stage in life where we’ve gotten everything we wanted. Never ever. What we NEEDED always came first.
So now, when we can’t get or have nearly as much, there’s not really much of a difference.
We don’t feel the effects as dramatically as some of the rich kids in denial who whine to their mum and dad for clothes and crud just because they’ve known nothing else.

I’m glad. =_= Really. Honestly. *coughs*

But that doesn’t mean I’m not a little bit scared.

I’m not a natural risk taker. I don’t LOVE for things to change. Lucky for me, at least I can take the shots as they swing. I go with the flow; I don’t kayak upstream.
I’m learning to love and hate the word I was forced to define.
[end ramble]

Risk. *hums* It’s a strange thing.

*Metaphorical backward-thinking lingo kicks in* --Click here to view--
A risk must be taken before it exists. It is the first step toward the edge of the crater. It is the fruit plucked from a forbidden tree. To risk something is to be alone, an off chart island in an unknown world. It is the source of boundless creations and unnumbered failures. Risk is a dark ocean, opaque and unknown. It is the map to the road not yet traveled. Risk is the bull roaring into the arena, facing Picadores with pointy sticks in its rage, only to find the Matador waiting for him. It is the bridge on which all must cross to both live and die. It is the last bullet, the raising of the white flag. It is all and nothing. Risk is the rope that connects the anchor to the climber. It is the act of cutting that rope and moving down alone towards the rocky bottom. To exist, one must first take a risk, to gamble living life and regretting it, or simply not experience it at all. It is the eagle riding the wind currents into the heart of the storm.

Ehem. *coughs violently* After that very long, drawn-out bit o’ Gena-life…
(E-e-exaaaminations…O-o *spazes*)

Let’s get down and de-stressify! 8D *skitters off and scribbles for a bit*

Before:
This is what sleep-deprivation does to me. =_= Rawr. --Click here to view--

(XD Heh, just kidding. This is from about a year ago.
My invisionment of a gender-bended Naruto, Kyuubi-ified...while PMSing. O_o Scary stuff.
So are the heinous proportions on this thing's neck, face, and chest...D8
Yikes, an even more amaturish example of my amatur drawing!)

And After:

Behold, the fruits of an hour of doing practically nothing but drawing!! :3 --Click here to view--

“Reinterpretation of Supergirl” based losely off of the artist.
(I repeat, LOSELY. I'm not missing the part of my neck, thank you. XD)

Though…*squints* honestly, if I didn’t tell you it was SG, you probably wouldn’t be able to tell. sweatdrop.gif
Um, artistic license?
The colbalt blue of her eyes is really convicting to me.

(And playing w/ stuff on photobucket. ^w^ Tee hee.) --Click here to view--

And now…*theme music comes on* Dud da da DUM! Suuuuper-study! :shakefist:

…I’m off to go prepare manically for my examinations this week. 0_= *twitches*

Till then,

~Ja ne

Edited by Gena kumo, 15 December 2008 - 09:38 AM.

#14 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

Um, DOUBLE POST ATTACK?!! rawr.gif???

Word of the Moment:
Reprobate-
(verb, noun, adj) a depraved, unprincipled, or wicked person: morally depraved; unprincipled; bad. to disapprove, condemn, or censure.
(The rest of the definition isn't very nice, so I'm not going to post it. People sent eternally to heck and such. O_o You know, lovely things like that)

Yes, I got this word from my latest online-graphic novel obsession. ^w^
Randomheckperson- =_= You have a thing for online-graphic novels? <__< Since WHEN??!
Gena- *glares* Okay, okay NOW I do.

*Ehem* anyhoo...

I stumbled across this little beauty just the other day: The Phoniex Requiem
The artist/script writer, Sarah Ellerton is a pure bloody GENIUS. wow.png

Goes into pure, bloody rant --Click here to view--
Really am liking her characters
(Specifically Anya Katsukova, a nurse in training, whose personality I can relate to as well. A good example of the rarely seen well-rounded female protagonist.
Now if only I could pronounce her last name…*hums*

And of course, the rest of the gang are great as well. ^__^)

Her art and story line are BEYOND amazing. 8)

And did I mention...:teehee:

I'm in love with Jonas XD --Click here to view--

Awe, come on, you gotta admit that he’s cute. ^w^

Plus, the dialogue is ACTUALLY on my vernacular level! 8D
(And yes, usually I dumb things down quite a bit. =_= Okay, A LOT…
But seriously, verboseness can be scary! O_o Verrry scary.)

Classic PR moment, pgs 125-127
--Click here to view--

Jonas- Shall I tell you a story? I’ve been told I’m rather good at that.

Anya- A story…
What happened to you?

Jonas- Oh, that story is dreadfully dull. I upset the wrong people. That is all.
I do however have a most fascinating account of the time I spent in the Hyde Asylum.

Anya- Is that a madhouse?!

Jonas- *completely serious* I am quite mad, you know.
I’ve been professionally diagnosed as such on four separate occasions by four separate doctors.

Well, except for the conjoined twins.
Nice chaps, but rather difficult to hold a conversation with.
In fact, I am suspicious that they weren’t even doctors to begin with, and were themselves madder than a hatter.
*Anya giggles*
Two hatters, even.

Anya- *still laughing* It sounds absolutely fascinating, but you’ll have to tell me some other time. I have work to do.

Jonas- I could tell you about my encounter with the giant three-headed rabbit! *holds up ‘bunny ears’*
That’s a shorter one.

XD *Gena laughs hysterically with her backwards humor whilst others roll their eyes*

No, it’s funny! *shakes hand drunkenly* Really!

In any case, I highly suggest it. (Yes, all 395 pages worth of it.)
It’s one of the few online, ongoing things (Whether they be OC or fan-based) that I fully believe will be completed. (Unlike most fanfics these days. <__< *glares*)
…Even if it takes several years for her to do it. biggrin.gif
(The author/artist updates 2-3 pages on Mondays and Thursdays)

Enjoy!

S.N. Do not expect postage from me. Actually, don't expect anything at ALL for, um...about the next 2 months.
My parents see it fit to ground me from all things recreational. =_= Internet wise that is. (Starting New Year's day)

So, um, I'll see you then? ^^; I'm really sorry about this.

For now, a Merry Christmas to you lot. happy.gif

Till then,

~Ja ne

#15 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:13 AM

Gena-chan! Are you leaving us for two months?? arg.gif

powerglomp.gif

Joo come back soon, kay? I iz gonna miss joo shamefulcry0js.gif

#16 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Gena kumo @ Nov 18 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mood can go from dead-panned serious to hYpEr as a 12 year old in no time flat.
(As I’ve told you, you have been warned. O_o I scare the be-jeebers out of my sibs.)

I'm utterly offended by that -.- omfg.gif headscratch.gif msmack.gif mad.gif dry.gif

I lul'd at the percentage stuff (I'm bad at descriptions)

I'm 70% wanting to do something...15% trying to get my brother to do it for me...10% trying to argue with him to get it...2% lying down and sighing after he refuses...3% reluctantly getting it, then realizing I don't need it anymore -.-
. Don't Press the red button

#17 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:05 AM

Heh, Auni. Look at it this way: at least ya have the excuse. ^w^

Sorry that I'm not properly answering to you lot's comments (thanks, by the way!)
...but something has come up.

Namely this (my last message for the next month or so): For Worse Before It Gets Better

I may be able to answer to questions somewhat in the time I have tomorrow, but other than that...

*snaps fingers*

...I'll be gone. 8(

Read *points to link* for details.

#18 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

Wow. It has been a while, hasn't it? (I hope you guys remember meee...)

My life has been pretty chock full of insanity, with my car's breaks going out (looking for a new one), traveling all over the crazy place, trying to find inspiration in the most likely places, having my favorite teacher in the history of ever leave for Michigan (oh noes), and working to produce something that will guide me through the next years.

Understandably, in the light of such circumstances, certain things have become more important to me, while I plan to leave other things behind. After two years of looking, I have finally found my niche (a group of friends just as crazy as me), a goal I can work off of (future life as a missionary and English teacher to China, here I come!!!), and a support I can lean on (God above all, and my beloved friends and family).

With the framework in place, I'm going to start building my life. For too long I've been avoiding what is real and important, burying myself in manga and fantasy to avoid my failures and fears in unhealthy and desperate ways (I think this sort of escapism is something I will always struggle with, just like an alcoholic always has to be wary around spirits).

I've been content to imagine my ideal future, rather than making it a reality.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'll never come back to this sort of stuff. I'll come and post, maybe even write a bit of fanfiction every once in awhile. It just can't be the center of my life any longer.

I have everything I need in God, so I don't have to be dependent on my past addictions. I don't HAVE to know the end of every story that I read, because He already has my story planned out. It's going to be hard to move on, but I am going to put everything I have into my new goals, my new path, and my faith in God.

As for the people on the forum who do remember me, I ask you not necessarily to understand, but to support me. Although my obsession with manga and anime was unhealthy (I was literally wasting away. It scared my mom, my friends and hurt the people around me. I let it distract me from my relationship with God and my faith in Jesus Christ), it was an important piece of my life at the time, and I can't just dismiss it.

I want to thank you all for being a part of this phase in my life, even though I may never have the same attachments to you or know you like I now know my friends.

I'm telling you all this now because of my prayer for all of you to find a purpose, a fulfillment in your own lives. I believe that sort of true satisfaction and joy comes only from Jesus, although you are free to think otherwise. Many, like me, have probably already found it, and I am happy for you.

This will be my last blog entry, though not necessarily my last post on this forum. I wish you all the best.

Until we meet again.

~Gena kumo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users