137 replies to this topic

#41 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

As sad as it was for her, I don't want Karin to survive. It would just be another huge tip toe around Sasuke being confirmed evil, and yet another pile of panels wasted on him 'turning dark', just for nothing to really change.

#42 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Feb 4 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As sad as it was for her, I don't want Karin to survive. It would just be another huge tip toe around Sasuke being confirmed evil, and yet another pile of panels wasted on him 'turning dark', just for nothing to really change.

but he was still willing to hurt a team mate cant change that agenst him

#43 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Feb 4 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't really want her to die but like you said if you want to basically confirm him evil leave her dead haha. Because without some insane killing of some one everybody thought was innocent people will always see him as just being manipulated.

#44 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Stand tall, even when you have to take a knee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Counter-strike, Cooking, and many more

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

You guys who seem to think that she was absorbed by Danzo's seal... If her blood is the key to healing people, it is possible that we could see Danzo AGAIN :OOOOOOOOOOO

( doesn't think it is possible, just says random nonsense )

#45 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

If something like that was to happen I would probably start calling Danzou Broly.

#46 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 4 2010, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As usual Sakura haters are calling her stupid because she was thinking in taking on Sasuke alone. However they are missing one important point that Sakura is acting just like Naruto. Wanting to take on the traitor by herself not wanting to get the team involve since she didn't wanted no one to get hurt, if someone's going to get hurt it will be herself rather than the rest always thinking about others instead of one self just like Naruto. Sakura feels like it's her duty as Sasuke's teammate and member of team seven to do this fight alone in order to protect Naruto and Konoha. Sometimes it surprises me that Sakura has become so selfless and stubborn Naruto has really transformed her for the better or worst. happy.gif

Like we should care what those who hate her think tongue.gif. You're right, Sakura become more and more like Naruto, guess that his mysterious power to 'change everyone' have some affect on her happy.gif . However, I hope that Sai and the gang will stop her in time for Kakashi-sensei to reason with her. Sakura may be strong but, the way I see it, she doesn't think straight (and it normal if she think for Naruto and the rest safety first). Her super strength won't be enough to face amaterasu, mangekyou sharingan, susanoo etc.

QUOTE (kabu-chan @ Feb 4 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so... danzou = naruto, sarutobi = sasuke
or is it the other way around? o_O

I thing that it's more Sarutobi = Naruto and Danzou = Sasuke happy.gif. The only thing that make Danzou and Sasuke different is that Danzou, even if his method was radical and seem heartless, wanted the best for Konoha. I hated Danzou at first but, he was good after all (even if I had question many times his way of doing thing)
so I'll say RIP Danzou

QUOTE (ciardha @ Feb 4 2010, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, look how Naruto did react once he found out, no he didn't hate Sakura, but he freaked out, hyperventilated, and passed out. Kiba doesn't realize how intense a bond Naruto has to Sasuke, Sakura does.

I have to agreed with you, after her talk with Naruto (and even before her confession), she knew how Naruto would react if she would have told him and she was right.

Edited by silverserenity, 04 February 2010 - 08:51 PM.

#47 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

Ah, a much better scan and translation. smile.gif Seeing it all in context has made things a little clearer.

I agree that Sakura was afraid of what Naruto would think, if he were to find out her intentions. Well, he knows now.

Sai has come right out and said he can't let them all pass. So much for subtlety, but I guess there's no more time for that. It looks like it'll be Sakura vs Sai, as the others weren't happy about Sai's intentions - but Sakura also tried to drug them, so they may not exactly be rushing to her side either.

Karin is definitely alive, don't worry! I disagree that leaving her alive would provide Sasuke with "redemption", the very act he carried out is a huge black mark against him. You don't attack your own teammates. That kind of thing is anathema to Naruto, Sakura, and any other Konoha ninja. I know Sakura was about to drug her teammates, but that was (a misguided attempt) to protect them.

Sasuke has definitely changed. He used his teammates as tools, and has now discarded them all. The moment they became a burden, he simply abandoned them.

I think Kakashi will stop the fight between Sakura and Sai, then they'll realise Sasuke has gone and investigate the scene to see what he was doing. They'll find Karin, save her, and return to Naruto. Then we should get a real heart-to-heart talk between Naruto and Sakura. They both know the truth, so there's no point in lying!

Also, since Danzou is now dead, that should mean Sai's Curse Seal has dissolved. Maybe he can finally spill the beans on what he knows about Danzou and the Uchiha Massacre, then both Naruto and Sakura can finally decide on what they need to do - together.

#48 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 4 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Karin is definitely alive, don't worry! I disagree that leaving her alive would provide Sasuke with "redemption", the very act he carried out is a huge black mark against him. You don't attack your own teammates. That kind of thing is anathema to Naruto, Sakura, and any other Konoha ninja. I know Sakura was about to drug her teammates, but that was (a misguided attempt) to protect them.

Sasuke has definitely changed. He used his teammates as tools, and has now discarded them all. The moment they became a burden, he simply abandoned them

This reminds me of what kakashi and Obito said.

"Those who break the rules are trash, but those who abandon their friends are lower than trash."
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#49 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

I thought Karin got hit by Danzou's seal at first, but in the new chapter, you can see him wobbling away from that area. So, she's alive... ish. For now. Her survival isn't the most important thing here. It's the fact that Sasuke used her like a battery, and then tried to kill her because she was "useless". Nevermind the fact that, without Karin, he'd be dead at least three times over by now. Or the fact that he only beat Danzou because of her clear thinking. Does Sasuke really think he stands a chance against the strongest Hidden Village in the entire world? Yeah, knowing Sasuke, he probably does.

And while I can understand and respect the reasoning behind what Sakura is doing, I still think it's moronic and goes against all of her character development so far in the series. This is like Part 1 all over again. Whenever it comes to Sasuke, she backslides ten paces. dry.gif

Get back to Naruto, damnit! Main character should mean major screentime!

#50 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 4 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, a much better scan and translation. smile.gif Seeing it all in context has made things a little clearer.

Karin is definitely alive, don't worry! I disagree that leaving her alive would provide Sasuke with "redemption", the very act he carried out is a huge black mark against him. You don't attack your own teammates. That kind of thing is anathema to Naruto, Sakura, and any other Konoha ninja.

Sasuke has definitely changed. He used his teammates as tools, and has now discarded them all. The moment they became a burden, he simply abandoned them.

Also, since Danzou is now dead, that should mean Sai's Curse Seal has dissolved. Maybe he can finally spill the beans on what he knows about Danzou and the Uchiha Massacre, then both Naruto and Sakura can finally decide on what they need to do - together.

I agreed with you. We see Karin fall but that doesn't prove that she's dead. However, she seem to have a critical wound so, if nothing done for her, she's doom.

As for Sasuke, you are so right, even if, by some miracle, she isn't dead, he did ' kill' her by sacrificed her and saying that she was a burden, that simple act is inexcusable.

Hum, Danzou being dead really mean that Sai is free form the curse seal. Like you say, I sure hope that Sai will reveal some useful information concerning Danzou and the Uchiha Massacre. Naruto and the gang need that to see more clearly before going in a war against Sasuke and Madara (even if Naruto have pretty much already have the info about the Uchiha massacre, it still coming from Madara, the enemy, so we need the confirmation from the good side)

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Feb 4 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I couldn't agreed more...WE WANT NARUTO,THE FREAKING MAIN CHARACTER, DATTEBAYO biggrin.gif
The whole Uchiha drama piss me off (we know that it an essential part but seriously, it too long) rawr.gif

Edited by silverserenity, 04 February 2010 - 09:20 PM.

#51 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Feb 4 2010, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought Karin got hit by Danzou's seal at first, but in the new chapter, you can see him wobbling away from that area. So, she's alive... ish. For now. Her survival isn't the most important thing here. It's the fact that Sasuke used her like a battery, and then tried to kill her because she was "useless". Nevermind the fact that, without Karin, he'd be dead at least three times over by now. Or the fact that he only beat Danzou because of her clear thinking. Does Sasuke really think he stands a chance against the strongest Hidden Village in the entire world? Yeah, knowing Sasuke, he probably does.

And while I can understand and respect the reasoning behind what Sakura is doing, I still think it's moronic and goes against all of her character development so far in the series. This is like Part 1 all over again. Whenever it comes to Sasuke, she backslides ten paces. dry.gif

sakura did what was best she thought part one sakura would have never did that as quick she sees sasuke that needs to be killed

#52 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

So, Danzou has always just been an extremist. He's been haunted by that inability to act just like Naruto did during the Zabuza arc, except it seems Naruto got over that relatively quickly. Sure, there's jealousy towards Hiruzen, but he's always wanted to protect Konoha, and what better way to protect Konoha than making it militarily stronger? He went about it a darker route though and may've propagated the circle of hatred that Naruto's been tasked to end. I have new respect for the old man. And the light-colored spiky haired good guy continues with Hiruzen! XD

#53 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Rix the Very Affectionate Lego&# @ Feb 4 2010, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys who seem to think that she was absorbed by Danzo's seal... If her blood is the key to healing people, it is possible that we could see Danzo AGAIN :OOOOOOOOOOO

( doesn't think it is possible, just says random nonsense )

no...karin has a unique chakra that can heal people. i'm not 100% sure but i am pretty sure it's not her blood.
and it seems like there won't be a sasuke vs sakura battle anymore sad.gif. he's already leaving and sakura's still dealing with her team. it'd make sense if this happened as it seems that kishi always writes it where naruto and sakura are always too late to get to sasuke. and it just might happen that sasuke reaches konoha and destroys it before naruto gets back as he's still in a state of confusion right now.
but oh! i just realized something....what if naruto is being taken back to konoha by yamato and they crash into sasuke and madara???? same route probably and that'd be a mass crash and battle. wonder if that's possible.

#54 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 4 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This reminds me of what kakashi and Obito said.

"Those who break the rules are trash, but those who abandon their friends are lower than trash."

I kind of thought that was the point of Sasuke attacking Karin, when he attacks his own for being a burden he has disconnected himself completely from the light. Think if Karin is alive and Kakashi catches up to Sakura and makes the point that Sasuke is gone when Karin dies around them after telling the story.

I'm still confused on what Sakura's thoughts truly are. We won't know until we know, but considering Kishimoto's use of other characters to explain another character's feelings I don't really know.

When Sasuke goes to a ruined Konoha and Naruto returns, lets put it this way, Pain isn't there to revive everyone like last time.

#55 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:35 PM

I don't think Sasuke will attack Konoha anytime soon. Madara knows Sasuke can't barge in Konoha just like he did at the kage summit it will be suicide. My guess that he will find people probably new members of Akatsuki since he and Zetsu are the only members left in the organization. Also I think Sasuke will forget of Suigetsu and Juugo they both got beaten fighting the Raikage and his men he will think they are weak and useless ending Taka for good. But I believe before Sasuke goes to Konoha Madara will tell him to capture Naruto we can't forget that his plan depends in capturing both Naruto and Killer Bee.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#56 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

Danzou may have become somewhat sympathetic, but that doesn't make him any less evil. (And being evil doesn't mean he can't do a few things that benefit others.) He had to have things his way, whether it was by manipulating people (Kage conference) or by manipulating events (killing the messenger toad during the Pein attack). If there was a cost or sacrifice, he made others pay it. If there was any doubt, that was buried at the end of last chapter, when he hid behind Karin because he had to be the one to rule Konoha. ("I am the only one who can change this world. This girl will be sacrificed for that.")

On a happier note, despite the popular saying about the "gloves coming off", for Sakura it's clobbering time when the gloves come on. Even if she doesn't win, wouldn't it be impressive if she could hold off Sai, Lee, and Kiba? (The last two wouldn't have their hearts in it, but they would still be formidable foes.)

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Feb 4 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kind of thought that was the point of Sasuke attacking Karin, when he attacks his own for being a burden he has disconnected himself completely from the light.

Consistent with Sasuke's personality for the entire story. He has allies only as long as they can aid him in his quest for power (and to make other people miserable). Otherwise they are beneath him (a "burden") or a threat to be attacked.

Edited by RedDelicious, 05 February 2010 - 12:19 AM.

#57 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

Karin was quite possibly the last remaining ounce of humanity that Sasuke ever had. By even just stabbing her, it metaphorically shows that he finally lost any and all humanity he had left.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#58 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 4 2010, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Sasuke will attack Konoha anytime soon. Madara knows Sasuke can't barge in Konoha just like he did at the kage summit it will be suicide. My guess that he will find people probably new members of Akatsuki since he and Zetsu are the only members left in the organization. Also I think Sasuke will forget of Suigetsu and Juugo they both got beaten fighting the Raikage and his men he will think they are weak and useless ending Taka for good. But I believe before Sasuke goes to Konoha Madara will tell him to capture Naruto we can't forget that his plan depends in capturing both Naruto and Killer Bee.

I agree. I think Madara's goals and Sasuke's goals have coincided so far. But Madara's got bigger plans, and they involve the tailed beasts. Sasuke is just not as good at being bad as Madara is.

And truthfully, I'd be just fine with some more Akatsuki members. Do we know if Kisame is really dead? (Not just 'mostly dead?') That battle was so underwhelming, I've been withholding judgement on it - but I wonder what others think.

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Feb 5 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Danzou may have become somewhat sympathetic, but that doesn't make him any less evil. (And being evil doesn't mean he can't do a few things that benefit others.) He had to have things his way, whether it was by manipulating people (Kage conference) or by manipulating events (killing the messenger toad during the Pein attack). If there was a cost or sacrifice, he made others pay it. If there was any doubt, that was buried at the end of last chapter, when he hid behind Karin because he had to be the one to rule Konoha. ("I am the only one who can change this world. This girl will be sacrificed for that.")

Right. Wasn't he recently after Naruto too?

Sympathetic character now? Yes. Trustworthy? No.

#59 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 4 2010, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That for sure, Sasuke will be not only reckless but incredibly stupid of him to go directly to Konoha alone (well, there is Madara but, so far, we didn't see him in REAL action). You're also right about the rest of Team Taka, if he told Karin that she was a burden to him because she have been taken as an hostage, I doubt that he'll go saving Suigetsu and Juugo if they were to weak to be caught (in Sasuke point of view).

Your theory about reconstruct Akatsuki with new members is logical. Like you said, Madara's plan is to take bijuu out of their host and, even if Sasuke is in his power trip, it took him a lot just to take Killer bee down, and he had Team Taka as a back up back then.

But, Sasuke seem to be in a derange spycho state right now so I think he could be foolish enough to go to konoha alone. Maybe, that could cause Naruto for a wake up call about his 'brother'.

#60 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Feb 4 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The latest Fan Book by Kishi shows Kumogakure ranked highest under military strength.

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Feb 4 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no...karin has a unique chakra that can heal people. i'm not 100% sure but i am pretty sure it's not her blood.
and it seems like there won't be a sasuke vs sakura battle anymore sad.gif. he's already leaving and sakura's still dealing with her team. it'd make sense if this happened as it seems that kishi always writes it where naruto and sakura are always too late to get to sasuke. and it just might happen that sasuke reaches konoha and destroys it before naruto gets back as he's still in a state of confusion right now.
but oh! i just realized something....what if naruto is being taken back to konoha by yamato and they crash into sasuke and madara???? same route probably and that'd be a mass crash and battle. wonder if that's possible.

I seriously doubt Sasuke is heading to Konoha right away, he is in no shape to take on a army of ninja's. I do expect Sasuke to get EMS though since his eyes went past overtime during the fight with Danzou.

I do expect Kakashi will convince Sakura that Naruto needs her more right now and I too am also interested in Naruto and Sakura having a true heart to heart conversation that Smiter pointed out. danarusakunp3.gif

I'm just wondering when/what's gonna trigger or cause the Naruto training arc that Kishi mentioned during the latest interview?

Edited by Uzumakikage, 05 February 2010 - 01:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users