Close
Photo

The Great "A-Z of NaruSaku" Challenge (FINAL WEEK!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:52 PM

FINAL WEEK OF PROMPTS! The A-Z is finally complete! biggrin.gif

I present the A-Z of NaruSaku Drabble Challenge! biggrin.gif Please, feel free to take part - this challenge is open to anyone who can pick up a pen!

The Rules - How it all works:

Why A-Z?

Because we're going to try and write NaruSaku drabbles for every letter of the alphabet! XD Every prompt will be in alphabetical order, and each one can be anything (object, emotion, action, etc.).

Every week, for five weeks, there will be five prompts (with six on the last week). If we do manage to go through the whole alphabet, perhaps we could start another A-Z thread if this is popular enough. happy.gif

So, what do we write? Where do we put our drabbles?

For each prompt, you must write a 100-word drabble. 100 words, no more, no less. If you're not sure how to do that, then maybe this spoiler will give you some advice?

1. Keep the idea simple. Don't overcomplicate it. smile.gif
  2. Strip your drabble down to its bare bones, get rid of unnecessary scenes/descriptions/lines etc. Make every word count! If it doesn't add to the story, take it out.
  3. Concentrate your words. For example, "His voice barely above a whisper, Naruto spoke..." can be "Naruto whispered" or "Naruto breathed".
  4. If your drabble ends up under 100 words, don't worry! It's much easier to add to a drabble, than to take away from it. smile.gif

You can post your drabbles in this thread, though I also recommend starting your own drabble-fic in the Library. smile.gif That way, even if this thread falls off the first page of the forum, people will still be able to read your drabbles in the Library!

Of course, make sure to at least reply with a note if you do only post to the Library, so everyone will know what you've done. happy.gif

Who chooses the prompts?

The first person to complete ALL five of the week's prompts can choose next week's prompts. happy.gif

If nobody completes all five, then the person with the most drabbles will set the new prompts.

Prompts for Monday 26th March until Monday 2nd April!
ciardhawas the winner of Week 4! Congratulations! Here are the new prompts she's come up with for this week!

Underneath
Vibrant
Whirlpool
Xeranthenum (Explanation)
Yes
Zipper

And that completes the A-Z! Thank you very much to everyone who took part, this challenge was more successful than I thought it would be!

Past Prompts (for those who didn't make it in time but still want to do them!)

Acceptance
Blanket
Curiosity
Date
Envelope
Fluffy
Gate
Hat
Ice cream
Jab
Kiss
Light
Magic
New
Obiligation
Peas
Question
Ring
Smile
Tender

#2 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:19 PM

Sounds like fun and a challenge. smile.gif I'll give it a shot.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#3 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:58 PM

Hmmm... this sounds very interesting. I'll also give it a shot if I have time. biggrin.gif

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#4 pocoloco

pocoloco

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:48 AM

Hmm. . this'd be my first attempt at writing this sort of thing, but I'll do it!

#5 Certifiably Insane for NaruSaku

Certifiably Insane for NaruSaku

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:55 AM

If I have time, I certainly will, but no promises.

#6 pocoloco

pocoloco

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:06 AM

*twiddles fingers*

I just posted my first drabble. Hope it's not too bad.

And here it is:

Curiosity, as often said, killed the cat, Sakura mused. If so, then what would become of her little fox? She questioned herself, as she watched said fox tamper with the idea of making kunai a projectile in some sort of machine.

He’d first thought of the idea that morning, during breakfast, but Sakura had brushed it off as one of his “What if? . . .” spiels. It surely wasn’t one of those spiels, now. So, would curiosity really kill a fox? A sudden, loud outburst of curses interrupted her thoughts. No, it seemed it wouldn’t, for the time being.

I've added three words to the first, and now, the second, Acceptance:

As a small child, all he strived for was acceptance. He wanted it in any way that it came. As a small child, he was far from gaining it, though he didn’t know why. From Mizuki, he then learned why. It was first from Iruka that acceptance had come. He learned what it felt like, and from there, easily recognized the rest.

From Sasuke, he gained acceptance as a brother; from Kakashi, as a student. From the people, he would gain acceptance over time. But from Sakura, acceptance in the form of a sincere smile was all he’d ever need.

#7 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:02 AM

So close, Poco! You clocked in at 97 words! Ah, at least you only need to add three more words and it's done. happy.gif

Great to see some people are interested in this challenge. biggrin.gif I'll be writing as well.

#8 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

grrrr.....How much Time this is gonna take..but I already have ideas on what to write XDDD. Im in..as long as I can find the time to work it out

#9 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:05 PM

Okay so here's one. It started as Acceptance but it ended up as Date.
So Date it is. Meh.

"Date"

Maybe it was all the emotional scarring from her misguided and painful declarations of love for Sasuke-baka, but for some reason Sakura couldn’t tell Naruto she loved him.

Sakura knew it but couldn’t say it.
Naruto kinda knew it but wasn’t sure.

That’s why Sakura dragged Naruto to the Ichiraku one summer night and ordered ramen for the two of them.

Confused, Naruto ignored his bowl. “Sakura-chan, don’t you hate ramen?”

She simply smiled. “Yes, I do.”

“Itadakimasu.”

Looking into Naruto’s eyes as she ate Sakura saw he understood; she said just one word but meant those three other ones.

Yay, um, 4 more to go.

P.S. I like your drabbles Poco-chan, especially Curiosity. smile.gif

EDIT: Added to the Library. Word count seems off, tells me I have 93 even though I (and MS Word) counted 100. Hmm. PM'd Smiter about this.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#10 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

Yay drabble challenge!

B is for Blanket smile.gif

“Sakura-chan, what’s this?” Naruto asked, amusement lining his voice as he held up the item in question.

“Hey, be careful with that!” Sakura scolded, snatching up a very frayed and faded piece of pink cloth. Holding it up to her face she breathed in the familiar scent of the blanket, rubbing the cloth against her nose as she sighed in remembrance of her younger days.

Seeing the blonde’s curious expression, Sakura explained, “It was my security blanket.”

“I’ve never seen it before.” Naruto admitted.

Moving closer, she wrapped her arms around him and smiled. “I haven’t needed it for awhile.”

#11 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

Nice, Wolf and Soupy-chan! biggrin.gif

I'll take a look at the Library's word count tomorrow. happy.gif

Finally, I have a drabble to present! I actually have two, but I'm going to try out a different angle on the second before I post it up.

D is for Date

“I want to marry you.”

Sakura gasps, and the green glow of her jutsu vaporises. Wide green eyes dart to her patient's face.

“I want to marry you.” Naruto whispers again, sounding and looking completely out of his head. Unsurprising, considering he is drugged up to his eyeballs on painkillers.

Sakura feels her face burn.

“Baka...” Sakura scolds softly, her lips twisting up. “We haven't dated yet.”

“Then let's date now, Sakura-chhyaaann!” His smile is sloppy, inebriated.

Sakura administers another shot of sedative.

“Go to sleep, Naruto.”

After Naruto slips away, Sakura leans forward and gently kisses his forehead.

For the first time in over a week, I finally have a free day off tomorrow. I'm going to write lots. XD

EDIT: Corrected messed-up formatting!

#12 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:04 PM

Here's my first one, for Acceptance. (if setting matters for this challenge, it takes place while Naruto is in the hospital in chapter 343)

Sakura looked at a sleeping Naruto.
When had she accepted she loved him? When had she fallen in love with him? On the former, maybe when Yamato taichou told her that he could see how she felt about Naruto. On the later, it had to be before he had returned to Konoha. Was it when he came back so injured from his fight with Sasuke? Or before he even left, with his “promise of a lifetime”? Could it have been even before that, during the Chunnin Exams? Did it matter? Accepting it was all that really mattered for right now.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#13 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

Nice drabbles, Smiter and Meg! I almost wanted to cuddle something! th_glomp.gif

Yay for not having much to do at work! Lets me think up more stuff.

C is for Curiosity

Naruto never read Icha-Icha Paradise because it irritated Ero-Sennin and because he already knew about female nudity (*coughOirokenoJutsucough*). But he was bored, so….

‘What are they doing? And the girl has pink hair like Sakura-chan.
…
…
Is Sakura-chan THAT big now?’

“Naruto, have you seen Jiraiya-sama?” asked Sakura, walking through the door. “Tsunade-sama needs….” she stopped upon seeing Naruto’s wide-eyed stare.

‘Oh my…she HAS grown....’

Sakura looked at the book in his hand. She looked back at Naruto’s face, noticing the trickling blood.

“HENTAI!”

Naruto whimpered just before pink-haired doom descended upon him.

‘Curiosity’s supposed to kill cats, not foxes!’

And I think that sets a record for most ellipses used in a drabble.

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#14 kawarimi

kawarimi

Monster ga kuru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

Did I make it? Was I the first to complete all five? omfg.gif I still don't like NaruSaku >.>

Acceptance

It was what he wanted since he realized his shadow was his only friend. It’s why he’s loud, practically begging for attention. Walking the empty sidewalks of Konoha, swearing one day he would surpass all Hokage before him.

Acceptance.

But it didn’t come with any grand achievements. It quietly snuck up to him. Team 7.

While they each meant something different to him, he’ll never forget the look on Sakura’s face when she smiled at him, apologizing for making him wait, but that next time, they’ll do it together. He didn’t know why but it’s what he felt that moment.

Blanket

“Stop hogging the whole blanket! I’m cold!” Sakura yelled impatiently at the dozing Naruto who didn’t budge. He looked so childlike, so innocent when he was sleeping. It was probably her favorite part of being with him, she denied that it had anything to do with the fact he was actually quiet.

A thud interrupted the silence. Sakura had her blanket back, and there was a shocked, awake Naruto sprawled on the cold floor. He peered cautiously over the mattress to see a contented Sakura with an unconcealed smirk on her face. His favorite part was witnessing her playful side.

Curiosity

It was curiosity that made her lean forward and kiss him for the first time. It was her first kiss, she put out of mind why it wasn’t his.

To think she considered Naruto a rival for Sasuke’s affections in that moment.

But that rivalry and disgust had blossomed into an indispensable relationship. She started to believe in his dream; he started to believe he could be what she needed.

Now they are each other’s support in his absence. And she wanted to know exactly what that meant between them.

Half an hour later, she was convinced of her answer.

Date

It wasn’t like Naruto to feel nervous. Even in the direst of situations, he could muster courage. But this was whole new territory. What did he know of what girls liked for a date?

All the times he bugged her, asking her out all the time, the truth was, he never thought she’d actually accept. It seemed like a great idea, to strive for the goal of dating the girl he liked most, but now the thought just terrified him.

After all, she could kill him with just one punch if he made a mistake. And he couldn’t be happier.

Envelope

Sakura stared down at the manila object in her hands.

It had been delivered that afternoon, but knowing Naruto was on a dangerous mission, she hesitated opening it.

‘If something happened to Naruto, they’d tell me in person, right? I do have connections with the Godaime even if it isn’t standard procedure,’ Sakura reasoned.

Taking a deep breath, Sakura ripped open the envelope and whipped out its contents as if hurrying would lessen the blow.

Papers fluttered through the air as Sakura angrily called their son into the room for the prank he had pulled at the academy that day.

#15 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:40 PM

Yeah, I'd say so. Congrats! :thumbs: I was having some issues trying to think of something for 'E'.

Start thinking about topics for F-J. Smiter'll probably tell you when to post them or something.

#16 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:23 AM

Well even though the challenge has been won this is too much fun not to complete.
Blanket

Sakura laid her travel blanket next to Naruto’s.
Naruto was overjoyed.
He looked so cute like that she couldn’t resist flirting a bit and gave him a wink.
Naruto blushed lightly and gazed at her, his jaw dropped open.
Again, the urge to flirt overtook her. Sakura grabbed his collar, pulling Naruto’s face slightly below level with hers, and gave him a quick kiss on the bridge of his nose. Sakura giggled at his wide eyes and full face blush. Flirting with Naruto was fun.
“Sakura chan is this a date?”
“I guess so.” She playfully kept her expression neutral.

#17 pocoloco

pocoloco

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:45 AM

Congrats! I've still got to finish mine though, I'd much rather finish all of the challenges than to leave them unfinsihed.

P.S. I like your drabbles Poco-chan, especially Curiosity.

Aww, thanks! biggrin.gif

#18 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (kawarimi @ Mar 1 2007, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did I make it? Was I the first to complete all five? omfg.gif I still don't like NaruSaku >.>

Acceptance

It was what he wanted since he realized his shadow was his only friend. It’s why he’s loud, practically begging for attention. Walking the empty sidewalks of Konoha, swearing one day he would surpass all Hokage before him.

Acceptance.

But it didn’t come with any grand achievements. It quietly snuck up to him. Team 7.

While they each meant something different to him, he’ll never forget the look on Sakura’s face when she smiled at him, apologizing for making him wait, but that next time, they’ll do it together. He didn’t know why but it’s what he felt that moment.

Blanket

“Stop hogging the whole blanket! I’m cold!” Sakura yelled impatiently at the dozing Naruto who didn’t budge. He looked so childlike, so innocent when he was sleeping. It was probably her favorite part of being with him, she denied that it had anything to do with the fact he was actually quiet.

A thud interrupted the silence. Sakura had her blanket back, and there was a shocked, awake Naruto sprawled on the cold floor. He peered cautiously over the mattress to see a contented Sakura with an unconcealed smirk on her face. His favorite part was witnessing her playful side.

Curiosity

It was curiosity that made her lean forward and kiss him for the first time. It was her first kiss, she put out of mind why it wasn’t his.

To think she considered Naruto a rival for Sasuke’s affections in that moment.

But that rivalry and disgust had blossomed into an indispensable relationship. She started to believe in his dream; he started to believe he could be what she needed.

Now they are each other’s support in his absence. And she wanted to know exactly what that meant between them.

Half an hour later, she was convinced of her answer.

Date

It wasn’t like Naruto to feel nervous. Even in the direst of situations, he could muster courage. But this was whole new territory. What did he know of what girls liked for a date?

All the times he bugged her, asking her out all the time, the truth was, he never thought she’d actually accept. It seemed like a great idea, to strive for the goal of dating the girl he liked most, but now the thought just terrified him.

After all, she could kill him with just one punch if he made a mistake. And he couldn’t be happier.

Envelope

Sakura stared down at the manila object in her hands.

It had been delivered that afternoon, but knowing Naruto was on a dangerous mission, she hesitated opening it.

‘If something happened to Naruto, they’d tell me in person, right? I do have connections with the Godaime even if it isn’t standard procedure,’ Sakura reasoned.

Taking a deep breath, Sakura ripped open the envelope and whipped out its contents as if hurrying would lessen the blow.

Papers fluttered through the air as Sakura angrily called their son into the room for the prank he had pulled at the academy that day.

Congratulations! :thumbs:

And good job on all of them. Are you going to post them to the library for us?

Better start thinking of prompts for next week.

#19 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:47 AM

Curiosity

Naruto couldn't bear it any longer, curiosity had won out over anxiety.
"Sakura chan, do you love me?"
Sakura, startled at Naruto suddenly blurting this out in the middle of a mission, turned around so abruptly she crashed into him.
"Baka!" she yelled, irritated.
Naruto looked devastated.
Sakura gasped, he thought she had said that in answer to his question. Her mind raced, how could she salvage the situation. "Naruto, you just startled me. You don’t expect that sort of question on a mission."
"Ah" He grinned but it was clearly forced.
"I do"
Now the smile reached his eyes.

#20 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:06 AM

Date

Naruto had been surprised when Sakura asked him on a date. Of course he immediately answered yes! They had spent the last hour just wandering around Konoha. He wondered what kind of date this was. The good point was she’d held his hand the whole hour . After starting out at his place, they walked by the Academy, the arena and now were headed toward where both bell tests took place.
"Naruto, I wanted to do this to show you how from the day we became Team 7, I was beside you. I want to stay by your side, always."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users