91 replies to this topic

#21 Uzumaki Naruto

Uzumaki Naruto

Hokage

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:23 PM

Hmm, i hope you all make your decisions quick, cause i like the chat, it helps me talk to Shriner, Ash-chan, Soupy-chan, Krisk-chan Joham, Ramen, Saku-chan, Sakura-chan and many others (Sorry the list would be long guys and girls ;p)

Anyways, if its problems or arguments with certain memmbers, couldnt the ignore butten be used? Is there also a option to keep someone in particular out of the chat room, temp or perm, if necessary?

I hate those things where a few ruine a good thing for all kinda deals, it is just way to unfaire and i think a little extra work would be worth talking to all the cool people on the boards =\

Sometimes i wish i was a mod, so i can partake into the conversation and help with decision making lol ;p also just so i can know everything >_<

#22 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

Shepard and Tali

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (krazzedkyubbi @ Mar 19 2007, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This reminds me of grade school, punish the class from the actions of a few. The real reason the LC is closed is because of the gaps in maturity in our members and the absense of Ms. Riot. Historic is right, life is not all peaches and cream. Members will have arguments and feelings may get hurt. This is were the moderators step in and ban them from the LC for a determined period of time to cool themselves off. If it continues then you ban them for good. I mean that is the moderators job correct? My point is don't punish the whole because of the actions of the few moderators.

Agreed, It's like when there is a substitute teacher for class and everyone is too loud, then the next day when the teacher comes back he/she punishes everyone. Then again i'm not one to talk. I may have not started any of the arguments but i have added to a few, and with my constant PSO talk, I can see that I may be one of the ones who contributed to this. If so, I'm sorry. This is like a huge slap across the face, what with Ashley leaving and now the LC down, my only major way of talking to everyone on the boards. I do hope that the LC isn't taken down permanently, for if it is like I said I'll lose my only way to be able to talk to many of you at once, using the forums is oftenly way to slow for that. The only thing i can do is hope that LC will remain up.
Prison gates won't open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin'
Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can't hold my soul in
All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And oh I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

#23 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:47 PM

So the chat is temporary closed because of the immaturity of some of the members and the conversations that went out of hand... and I agree with everyone on this...

*sighs* When I first heard of this forum (after becoming a full-pro NaruSaku shipper and full-time Naruto series fan), I thought that this was the most friendliest forum there is... and after dealing with my insecurities for about 3 months, I became active and I started meeting various people in here whom I have a lot of fun with, especially on FC/LC. Sure there were various conversations that were crazy, funny, or normal and there were even some that can go out of hand (which can hurt and possibly give some members to leave) which at that point I simply ignore it by either not paying attention, lurking, etc. So I don't know how the mods going to figure this out because there are a lot of people who definitely act childish...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#24 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

They haven't killed the Chat yet. The mods are trying to figure something out and I for one am willing to wait and see. I have faith that we can work around this and get back to what we should be - friendly and fun.

I enjoy talking to you all, hopefully LC will be back up soon.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#25 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

Well.... in my defence my childish actions on the LC are just to entertain the rest tongue.gif I'm sure everyone who knows me realises that. Ah well.... I seriously hope the chat ain't taken down forever.... Afterall.... Its one of the few things that still keeps me here on the site.

#26 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Mar 19 2007, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well....the chat closing is a shocker. D=

...since the chat is closed... PSO anyone? XDD!!

Jo, I'll make you a deal. Get me a Heart of Poumn(Alis' Claws) and I'll make a Hunewearl and play with you. Deal?

#27 Demonic_Wonder

Demonic_Wonder

Space-Pirate-Ninja Dohicky.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Interests:There's a difference between the things that I do and what interest me.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:32 AM

If only we could have a insult censor........XD

Forum Maturity: 10/10
Live Chat Maturity: 4/10

#28 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:anime, basketball, and writing.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:17 AM

Well, we need strict, enforced rules. I think once you have set parameters, everything falls back into place.

I think a big reason things so often get out of hand, is because nobody in the chat room had any respect for authority. Someone has to play the bad guy eventually.
I'm not cynical- I'm right.

#29 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Stand tall, even when you have to take a knee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Counter-strike, Cooking, and many more

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:35 AM

You cant expect everyone to get along I guess, but I guess it just comes with the territory. I for one hope it is up soon biggrin.gif

#30 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (krazzedkyubbi @ Mar 19 2007, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This reminds me of grade school, punish the class from the actions of a few. The real reason the LC is closed is because of the gaps in maturity in our members and the absense of Ms. Riot. Historic is right, life is not all peaches and cream. Members will have arguments and feelings may get hurt. This is were the moderators step in and ban them from the LC for a determined period of time to cool themselves off. If it continues then you ban them for good. I mean that is the moderators job correct? My point is don't punish the whole because of the actions of the few moderators.

No.

The reason the LC is closed is because of the gaps in maturity of some of our members. Period.

Don't bring Ash into this.

And yes, we moderators are partially to blame for letting that happen. We aren't in the LC 24/7 and when we are, we don't want to be there just to baby-sit. Moderating the LC is exponentially more difficult than just moderating the boards which is our primary job.

#31 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:49 AM

I don't need the finger to be pointed at me to know I'm partially responsible for this, I'm a very outspoken and sincere person about the things I believe in and I sometimes take things a bit too far. I apologise to anyone on these boards I may have offended in the Live Chat or for that matter anyone I've offended here by any of my posts.

uc.png

#32 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:55 AM

I will just wait until it is ready then... a_plotting.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#33 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Mar 19 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.

The reason the LC is closed is because of the gaps in maturity of some of our members. Period.

Don't bring Ash into this.

And yes, we moderators are partially to blame for letting that happen. We aren't in the LC 24/7 and when we are, we don't want to be there just to baby-sit. Moderating the LC is exponentially more difficult than just moderating the boards which is our primary job.

These members in the LC are still allowed to send you reports on what they think as unruly behaviour by PM, and if they think its getting out of hand they can leave to another channel or leave the LC all together and use the PM system more. I kind of feel there needs to be a report system on the LC even, as that may be impossible link to PMing an admin/mod may be the best choice.

#34 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Mar 19 2007, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but isn't there just a way you as moderators can just push a button and boot someone? it shouldn't be a real elaborate process. Someone steps out of line, they get the boot. Problem over, everyone moves on.

I do also believe that there should be a mod in the chat at all times. If that means the chat has to be closed down when none are available, so be it. But I think this has fallen into the "we brought it on ourselves" category. The LC wasn't meant to be a battledome. Until we can conduct ourselves like civil human beings, we really don't deserve the freedom.

#35 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (TheBugNinja @ Mar 19 2007, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, but isn't there just a way you as moderators can just push a button and boot someone? it shouldn't be a real elaborate process. Someone steps out of line, they get the boot. Problem over, everyone moves on.

I do also believe that there should be a mod in the chat at all times. If that means the chat has to be closed down when none are available, so be it. But I think this has fallen into the "we brought it on ourselves" category. The LC wasn't meant to be a battledome. Until we can conduct ourselves like civil human beings, we really don't deserve the freedom.

Yeah, but we had been loathe to use it too much. Like he said and I unintentionally deflected, we've been too soft.

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 19 2007, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These members in the LC are still allowed to send you reports on what they think as unruly behaviour by PM, and if they think its getting out of hand they can leave to another channel or leave the LC all together and use the PM system more. I kind of feel there needs to be a report system on the LC even, as that may be impossible link to PMing an admin/mod may be the best choice.

PMing us to tell us of offending behavior is fairly slow compared to the pace of the chat room.

And people having to leave the LC because it's too unruly isn't a solution to it being unruly.

#36 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:23 AM

yeah, I don't care about people fighting. I'm freakin' bored here. lol Open the bloody thing back up.tongue.gif:P:P

#37 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Mar 19 2007, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PMing us to tell us of offending behavior is fairly slow compared to the pace of the chat room.

And people having to leave the LC because it's too unruly isn't a solution to it being unruly.

It hardly matters if the person that is being offended just copies the comments, it will get to one of you eventually and then, even if a day later can be sorted out.

Better then staying and taking offence to whatever someone on the internet is saying to you (sounds pretty stupid to me in the first place), besides they don't have to leave the LC all together unless the person is following them around, which I sure hope not.

#38 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:30 AM

I know I'm new to the H&E forums, but I hope my following suggestions will not be set aside because of that.

1.) A bot could be created to automatically pseudo-moderate LC;

or

2.) Have dedicated LC mods who have little to no power on the forums.

or

3.) Nominate one or more non-forum staff member(s) to act as monitors to keep watch over the LC when a Kage or other forum staff member is not available.

or

4.) A combination of 2 or all 3 of the above suggestions.

Those suggestions are the only ones I can think of based off of my experiences over the years and, IMHO, should at least.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#39 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:32 AM

I do agree with that. It wouldn't hurt to double your resources by having "deputies" to enforce things when a moderator isn't around.

#40 bassclef

bassclef

Konoha Journalist

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:33 AM

Hold your horses Bushido. Acknowledging the problem is the first step in fixing any problem that arises. At least give the mods and admins time to decide the fate of Live Chat and any other form of communication similar to Instant Messaging here offered at H&E. In the mean time, I suggest we all go back to the old fashioned way of communication we had here at H&E, threads and PMs. This-lack of a better word- distraction will hopefully cool any lingering tensions down and things will go back to business as usual.
"I got bored, so I decided to go and buy a 360. *shrugs* I mainly use it when I'm bored... Which happens to be all the time, lol." -me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users