Leave the chatroom!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:36 AM

Three out of 4 times in the last week, I've gone into the chatroom late at night, and found it unmodded, with people still in there chatting... mellow.gif

Now...I really don't understand how the chatroom still has people in it, when the Mods are supposed to tell everyone to leave before they close it...

But the members who are left in the room unsupervised, you are all supposed to leave the chatroom immediately if there are no Mods present to monitor it.

This is a very basic rule, and one that all LC users should already know, so I really don't understand why this rule is being so blatantly ignored lately.

Don't let this become another LC issue that needs to be dealt with...because I'm sure that you all won't like the decision that will be reached about the LC, if this kind of behaviour keeps up.

#2 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Stand tall, even when you have to take a knee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Counter-strike, Cooking, and many more

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:15 AM

Blosso-chan, I have been there 2 times when a mod has left. But I usually assume their INET lags out or something of that nature which even in this case I am sure is what happens. I just didnt know I was suppose to leave ASAP Especially because I just assumed they would be back AFAP . I am sure the mods just had technical difficulty^^. But I will leave next time <3

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE ( Makunouchi @ Sep 14 2007, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sure the mods just had technical difficulty^^. But I will leave next time <3

Thank you, Maku-kun a_hug.gif

#4 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

I couldnt find this in the rules and regulations threads so i may as well ask here...

Why does the LC have to be closed when mods arent on? just curious.

#5 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:33 AM

I don't know entirely sure, but it has got to do something with the past. There have been a lot of problems with LC in the past and it has been almost closed for good in a couple of those times, because people screwed up.

But the Shauna-chan and the other mods were nice enough to open the chat again, but with rules this time, because they don't want to get anymore trouble with the LC and I totally agree with the mods. I think it's a fine rule that should be respected.

Maybe it wasn't written down somewhere on the boards yet as a LC rule, but it is now tongue.gif So I hope that people will stop doing 'bad' things now tongue.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#6 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:44 AM

Fair enough i guess, main reason i asked is because the only time id pretty much always be online (i.e now) is the only time when there are always no mods on lol

#7 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:32 PM

Does LC still have the problem where if a person doesn't log off properly (or something to that extent), they leave a 'shadow'? (As in their screen name being on the active list, but they've already closed the window regardless?)

#8 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

Late at night eh? Well that counts me out I guess. Unless you would consider after 9:00 pm cst late at night.

In any case, the only time I have been in chat without a mod present is when I was afk, so, can't do anything about that.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#9 AyaMoto74

AyaMoto74

Mrs. Darttension

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:I think you all know my hobbies XD

My hobbies include writing/ making music, writing stories, playing videogames, and chatting!

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:37 PM

I thought you couldn't even enter LC without a mod being there? It's never available until a Mod is in there, for me. So should LC automatically close down when a mod logs out? I'm a little confused...

Kiss you for lonesome folly...

#10 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (SakuNaruLover @ Sep 14 2007, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know entirely sure, but it has got to do something with the past. There have been a lot of problems with LC in the past and it has been almost closed for good in a couple of those times, because people screwed up.

But the Shauna-chan and the other mods were nice enough to open the chat again, but with rules this time, because they don't want to get anymore trouble with the LC and I totally agree with the mods. I think it's a fine rule that should be respected.

Maybe it wasn't written down somewhere on the boards yet as a LC rule, but it is now tongue.gif So I hope that people will stop doing 'bad' things now tongue.gif

It happened before you became a member rick. I'm not going to get into the specifics and will only say that SakuNaruLover is basically correct. There are a couple of LC CLOSED/OPEN threads in the announcement sections and will simply direct your attention to them if you want anymore details.

#11 Xar

Xar

Cultured Shinobi

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:41 PM

I've come back from long periods of afk's lately and found that problem. I usually leave, but there are times when I just afk or sometimes forget to close my live chat before going off to sleep. The stupid tab stays open even after you close the window which usually sucks.

So, I apologize if I've done it. =P

Talk to you later.

--[krisk] ...hehe, i know it's a cute weiner isn't it--
--[krisk] you're so pretty.--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users