Close
Photo

Naruto- The Story of an unyielding Ninja (Jiraiya's novel)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Id' actually wonder what Tsunade would think if she read this novel more than Sakura.  :P Sakura would not be able to really relate to it in some ways.

Well she knows that Naruto loves her as well as how she loves Sasuke. I think she will connect herself in there well.

#82 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Id' actually wonder what Tsunade would think if she read this novel more than Sakura.  :P Sakura would not be able to really relate to it in some ways.

Don't you think she did. Or at least tried before giving up for whatever reason.

#83 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

What is this from?

Hmm.... Sakura following this and saying she still (likes/loves sasuke) now would be a real regression and confusing statement because tsuyu said she likes renge then pictures Naruto? it doesn't make sense....

I hope Kishi doesn't do this with Sakura... she needs to be clear and positive, bnot saying she likes Sasuke then picturing Naruto because she should just say she likes Naruto .

40283620121415711s.jpg

#84 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

What is this from?

Hmm.... Sakura following this and saying she still (likes/loves sasuke) now would be a real regression and confusing statement because tsuyu said she likes renge then pictures Naruto? it doesn't make sense....

I hope Kishi doesn't do this with Sakura... she needs to be clear and positive, bnot saying she likes Sasuke then picturing Naruto because she should just say she likes Naruto .

The point is that she found out that the person that made her happy is Naruto, so it left in ambiguous ending, but it implies that she was looking at the wrong person until she finally recollect her memories.

#85 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

The point is that she found out that the person that made her happy is Naruto, so it left in ambiguous ending, but it implies that she was looking at the wrong person until she finally recollect her memories.

I'm not a fan of ambiguous or open endings at all. It'll just be a big mind kitten and waste of time if he leaves it up to the fanbases to decide the outcome.

Naruto makes her happy? yet she STILL liked renge at that stage? So this basically is a spiritual attraction vs physical attraction.

Always makes me feel that she's going to choose Naruto only because he's the moral/right choice not becuase she is actually attracted to him physically/mentally moreso then Sasuke.

ughh..... I really hope he doesn't have sakura even think about "choosing" because she shouldn't even be considering sasuke at all

EDIT - Naruto has shown that he won't accept Sakura if she has any feelings for Sasuke whihc gives me great hope that Kishi has/will cleanse any feelings sakura has for sasuke

Edited by HauntedCake, 21 July 2013 - 09:07 PM.

40283620121415711s.jpg

#86 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm not a fan of ambiguous or open endings at all. It'll just be a big mind kitten and waste of time if he leaves it up to the fanbases to decide the outcome.

Naruto makes her happy? yet she STILL liked renge at that stage? So this basically is a spiritual attraction vs physical attraction.

Always makes me feel that she's going to choose Naruto only because he's the moral/right choice not becuase she is actually attracted to him physically/mentally moreso then Sasuke.

ughh..... I really hope he doesn't have sakura even think about "choosing" because she shouldn't even be considering sasuke at all

EDIT - Naruto has shown that he won't accept Sakura if she has any feelings for Sasuke whihc gives me great hope that Kishi has/will cleanse any feelings sakura has for sasuke

The ending was ambiguous to show us did she change her feelings or what. It would seem so but there's no aftermath sadly. That said well we have to wait and see how Kishi would handle it.

#87 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Is he not releasing the novel in NA because Naruto is popular enough over here? :umm: I can't help but wonder.

Well she knows that Naruto loves her as well as how she loves Sasuke. I think she will connect herself in there well.

Don't you think she did. Or at least tried before giving up for whatever reason.

Well actually you're right. I was saying that on impulse. Though I guess I meant That Sakura's relationship with Naruto is not that much cut and dry love/hate. That is Naruto would never insult or offend her intentionally like calling her gorilla woman or anything, intentionally being the key word here. And Naruto has never acted that perverted with anyone BUT her (not to her knowledge though)*point in question, the Hot springs* Plus we all know when it comes to perversion, she's not one to talk. :hehehe:

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 July 2013 - 11:44 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#88 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

You know the difference here is that everything narrated in the novel happens in 3 days, that's why Tsuyu is confused about her feelings, though the good thing is that she realises she loves Naruto, that's why she's going back to him. It has an open ending because you don't know whether Naruto lives or not, so yeah, that's her final answer.

aw9vkj.gif

#89 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

You know the difference here is that everything narrated in the novel happens in 3 days, that's why Tsuyu is confused about her feelings, though the good thing is that she realises she loves Naruto, that's why she's going back to him. It has an open ending because you don't know whether Naruto lives or not, so yeah, that's her final answer.

Hey ladygt can you post all the pages of the novel and minor parts were sakura tsuyu gets jealous? and i mean not just the jealous scenes when she's around shima.

Yeah the novel was written by jiraiya so i guessed he pour out all his angst,sadness,failure and unrequited love in his life into this novel.

It would be bittersweet if naruto in end of manga finished the novel for jiraiya and put a happy ending to the novel also same goes for naruto.

Edited by rikakim94, 31 July 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#90 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Why Does Shima remind me somewhat of Hinata?  :chuckle:  :hehehe: But of course MUCH MORE Bold. :ermm: Seriously undoing your top in front of someone you just met? That was actually just awkwardness supreme for me. I heard crickets when I read that part.  :mellow:

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 August 2013 - 02:47 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#91 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

Heres the story in more details.

1. Just thought I'd bump this with some more info, even though I don't have a lot of details, not having read it.

Someone had been working on a translation in private, but hasn't advanced beyond the start of the second chapter in quite a while, so I've had to rely a lot on reading summaries and such on Japanese blogs.

The book is semi-autobiographical in nature, loosely based on Jiraiya's life, perhaps mixed in with a bit of Nagato's. It's presented as if it were really written by Jiraiya, and beneath the slip cover it looks more or less just like the book shown in the manga and anime. It includes photographs and biographical information on Jiraiya, and a dedication to Nagato.

It takes place in a fictional Shinobi World, in a region known as Shukukotsu Konton ("Sudden Chaos") which contains four ninja villages. The two most powerful villages are Shuku ("Quick") in the South, and Kotsu ("Abrupt") in the North. In the center of the country are Kon ("Confusion") and Ton ("Disorder"), a pair of villages seperated by Mount Hyakki ("Hundred Turtle Mountain"). Kon and Ton were once a single village named Konton ("Chaos"), but at the end of the First Shinobi War was divided in two. The story is set after the Second Shinobi War.

The main character is Naruto Musasabi, a jōnin from Shuku. His personality is more or less a mixture of Jiraiya and Naruto. He's been trained in the Sage Arts, and his favorite ninjutsu appears to be Jinpū Hazan ("Gale Supreme Slash"), a technique in which he generates a focused whirlwind. He later performs a Rasengan-style signature attack called Suseigan ("Comet Sphere"), in which he creates a giant ball of wind and lightning. Musasabi means "flying squirrel".

The rival character is Renge Momoashi, a fellow jōnin from Shuku who goes missing-nin and abandons the village before the story starts. He's similar to Orochimaru and Sasuke. His clan symbol is the centipede, and it seems that he has access to some giant centipedes and can probably also summon them. He has a technique called Mizu no Tsuki ("Watery Moon") in which his form sways and flickers, allowing him to easily avoid enemy attacks.

The female protagonist is named Tsuyu, also a jōnin, and a medical-nin similar to Tsunade and Sakura. She seems to have feelings for Renge, and is shocked by the cruel realities of the Shinobi world. She has a technique called Fūton: Midare Hyakka ("Wind Release: Riot of a Hundred Flowers"), a palm strike that releases a gust of air filled with flower petals.

Team Naruto gets a replacement for Renge relatively early on, Nikaku Onikoma, a veteran of the First Shinboi War once known as the infamous Nikaku the Assassin. He's a sensor-type ninja assigned to help them track down Renge. The catch? Nikaku's a donkey. Or, rather, he's been disguised as a donkey since the end of the First Shinobi War in order to keep himself hidden from the public, who believe that he was executed for slaughtering his allies on the battlefield. He and Naruto argue a lot. He's a skilled shinobi and has several abilities, many of which seem to revolve around a large gourd he wears around his neck. Naruto's Suseigan is also inspired by Nikaku's weaker Fūton: Ryūseigan ("Wind Release: Meteor Sphere"). Onikoma means "demon horse".

The trio's sensei is a man named Shū, who seems to primarily be there to scold Naruto when he talks out of turn. He leads his own cell, Team Shū, which acts as Shuku's Black Ops division. He doesn't seem very important, from what I can tell.

The leader of Shuku is Kokage Mahiro, the Third Village Chief. His predecessor was Kaen Mahiro, who carried out some controverscial actions during the end of the First Shinobi War.

The leader of Kotsu is Muei Yagyū, a legendary shinobi similar to Hanzo. During the Second Shinobi War, he named Naruto, Renge, and Tsuyu the Legendary Sannin. Probably named after Yagyū Jubei, who has legendary reputation similar to Hattori Hanzo's in ninja folklore.

The leader of Kon is named Kaosu (pronounced like "Chaos"), and one of the Kon jōnin is named Shima, though I haven't really been able to find anything out about them.

The story starts with a prologue, which is the same story that was summarized in the manga and anime, in which we saw Naruto (as invisioned by Naruto and Nagato) fight a bad guy who was attempting to attack Shuku. After this brief prologue, it goes into the main story.

Naruto and Tsuyu are summoned to a meeting with Kokage, where they learn that the village of Ton has been destroyed by Mount Hyakki, which it seems has shifted its position in order to do so. We learn that Konton was once a single village, and that Totsu was trying to conquer them. Konton looked to Shuku for aid, and together they began the Souten Project ("Heavenly Funeral Project") in an attempt to develop a forbidden jutsu with supreme destructive force: Gukōizan, named after a Japanese saying which basically means "Even a fool can move a mountain if he's persistent".

However, at the end of the First Shinobi War, there was an opportunity for peace and the technique wasn't needed. Kokage's predecessor, Kaen, decided to kill everyone connected with the Souten Project, and divided the villages in two to keep the information on the forbidden jutsu from leaking out. Naruto and Renge's father's were both killed during that war, and it seems there is a possibility that they were involved in the Project.

On top of this, Renge's left the village as a Missing-nin. In flashbacks, Naruto remembers that Renge thought the Shinobi World was much bigger than Shuku Village, and that it had no beginning or end, like a snake biting its own tail. He felt like Shuku wasn't big enough for him. Kokage seems to have evidence that Renge may be working with the villagers of Kon, and may have been involved in the destruction of Ton.

Naruto attempts to investigate Renge's house, but inside is attacked by a giant centipede. He manages to defeat, but is bitten on the back and seems to develop a marking on his back similar to a crused seal, resembling cross between a spider web and a compass. He finds a hidden room in the house with the same marking drawn across the wall in red.

The next day he and Tsuyu are summoned to speak to the Kokage again, and he assigns them on the mission to recover Renge and bring him back to the village alive. For that purpose they are assigned a third team member, a sensor-type that can track them down: Nikaku. After Naruto and Nikaku argue and fight and have some silly donkey-related shenanigans, they set out to find Renge.

However, I don't know what happens after this point in the story, and I haven't been able to find much information about it on Japanese websites. :/ 

#92 Lodus

Lodus

l

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Hmm this scene foreshadows a possible Kakashi Sakura discussion.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

tumblr_m6t2spSzKA1qgxo0po1_500.gif

#93 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

welp, I guess this now comes in handy...seeing that we're having a narusasu fight, and Sakura has to choose who she'll help...then there's kakashi right there

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#94 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:17 AM

Wow. This ending actually makes sense. Kishimoto couldn't do this . . . why? At least this ending is open ended enough to avoid pissing anyone off with pairing crap.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#95 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:24 AM

Yeah, like I said, this was actually the ending I was thinking might happen. Either NS or a strongly hinted NS with an open ending. Never NH/SS.

#96 Ace of Circle

Ace of Circle

I am him.I am Ace.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga,Sport,
    Training,Taijutsu
    and Reading

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

I 'm just wondering why Kishi changed his decision at the last moment... It just seems dodgy.It's not even like he was hinting at NS before killing it, he basically made them half canon then destroyed it all in just 2 chapters.

Edited by Ace., 11 November 2014 - 11:59 AM.

Life goes on whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown.
Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been.
Ace

#97 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

I 'm just wondering why Kishi changed his decision at the last moment... It just seems dodgy.It's not even like he was hinting at NS before killing it, he basically made them half canon then destroyed it all in just 2 chapters.

Change of plan under business circumstance.

#98 Ace of Circle

Ace of Circle

I am him.I am Ace.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga,Sport,
    Training,Taijutsu
    and Reading

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

Change of plan under business circumstance.

I just read the "Don't blame Kishi" thread and it actually seems pretty accurate.http://www.narusaku....showtopic=14626

Life goes on whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown.
Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been.
Ace

#99 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

I just read the "Don't blame Kishi" thread and it actually seems pretty accurate.http://www.narusaku....showtopic=14626

Yeah, that's why I will be mercy on Kishi, more or less. SJ, no, I lost respect.

#100 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

Hello. I was wondering if we are allowed to copy this for other forums? I'd give credit of course. A few people have messaged me in NF about this, so if I'd be allowed I'd like to share the information in that NS fan club for others to read about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users