• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#41 CynMichi

CynMichi

Acolyte of The Many-Faced God

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Anime and manga ^_^ Reading, baking, and sword collecting!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

I find it thoroughly amusing that our fan base is categorized as desperate by the opposition when the immediate exclamation following the release of the last chapter was (to paraphrase); "No I can't believe that dumb Sakura is standing so near to Naruto when Minato shows up! He needs to see Hinata standing near Naruto!"
I saw this posted multiple times after Minato made his epic entrance in chapter 630...so if Minato saw Hinata standing near Naruto it would've been canon but since he saw Sakura, asked if she was Naruto's girlfriend, and compared her to Kushina, we're the ones who are grasping at straws. ^_^;

There is a reason Kishi chose to blatantly draw this parallel via Minato of all people, Naruto followed his mothers advice to the letter and those of us who read 'Mario' know he likes the main character to gravitate towards a love interest that mirrors their mother. This leaves no doubt left in my mind about the end game....unless Sakura is killed.....even so Hinata would still be the consolation prize.

But hey, forget that we have a considerable history of development ...I mean naruhina has like 2 whole chapters of her NOT hiding behind a tree OR stuttering ....of course they are meant to be together !

#42 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

I actually want to know this as well as where NH fans felt that Naruto had feelings for HInata. Where was this shown because I had never seen it before... I've asked a NH fan before but I got no response on it. It was all onesided just like SS was one sided while NS was a gradual and mutual development. 

Yeah, they never have real answers to that, be it NH or SS. 

I personally never saw SS as some kind of problem, since ive never seen a reason for kishi to make it canon. Its simply not good for the story as well as characters.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#43 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, they never have real answers to that, be it NH or SS. 

I personally never saw SS as some kind of problem, since ive never seen a reason for kishi to make it canon. Its simply not good for the story as well as characters.

Exactly. All Sasuke is at this point is a hurdle that's bound to be crossed sooner or later. Nothing more. I too have never seen SS as a problem before when it comes to NS. Especiallllyyy in Part 2. LOL  :yes:

#44 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

I agree, but i personally dont understand why people leave that much room for SS. I mean honestly, what does it do for the story? It has nothing good in it would just dismiss character development.
And now if we generally look back how the story went, i think it even more impossible to see SS coming. 
I just dont see any reason for kishi to make SS canon. I really would love to hear what makes people believe to think that kishi could make SS the end deal, especiall now after NH is dead.

Sasuke is the "dark horse" archetype character, which has always been popular with women, in one of the most popular manga series. There are always going to be fans who want to pair him up with someone who will save his soul that isn't Naruto, the only guy who gets through to him.

This. I mean, it's very unfortunate that NS gets so much hate, and people constantly try to twist, deny, dismiss what it gets but ultimately at this point in time, I could really honestly give a rats bottom what the other fandoms have to say about Naruto/NS/Sakura at this point. The story's crap? Well then, that's their opinion, but whatever else comes after regarding NS in their eyes is likely going to be BS. 

Anyway, whenever I run into anything their spouting when it comes to NS, I end up laughing. Soooooo many different opinions on the scenes, and soooo many different takes as well.

-Naruto was joking about liking Sakura
- Sakura proved that she still loves Sasuke with her response
-Naruto doesn't love Sakura because of her failfession
-Hinata deserves Naruto
-Naruto is already dating Hinata

I mean, where is this stuff getting pulled from? People choose to take what Naruto said at face value when it came to Sakura's confession before but now they want to dismiss it as a comical moment and nothing more?  :down: whateverrrrr! LMAO

Anyway, this chapter definitely put us back on the map because we were definitely lacking in development in this war so it's nice and a bit refreshing to see them like this. 

Also, it's as you've said. NH has been nothing but H. Nowhere has Naruto EVER expressed or shown that he has romantic feelings for Hinata. 

Well I've seen some naruhina fans leave nice messages for narusaku in Tumblr too. I think some of the illogical/ "bad" arguments you see around are just a consequence of a big fandom, there will always be someone saying this or that.

Edited by Nefertieh, 26 May 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#45 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Well said opinion if I may add.

Do you guys think if they reread the manga, they will think more differently or it's just the way it is? I don't expect them to love NS but I do expect them to acknowledge its existence.

Some readers might.  But I would say that most of the fans who have made such a huge emotional investment in their preferred pairing and in being "right" will put Kishimoto and his story in the virtual scrap heap when he ultimately fails to meet their demands expectations.

I agree, but i personally dont understand why people leave that much room for SS. I mean honestly, what does it do for the story? It has nothing good in it would just dismiss character development.

And now if we generally look back how the story went, i think it even more impossible to see SS coming. 

I just dont see any reason for kishi to make SS canon. I really would love to hear what makes people believe to think that kishi could make SS the end deal, especiall now after NH is dead.

I actually want to know this as well as where NH fans felt that Naruto had feelings for HInata. Where was this shown because I had never seen it before... I've asked a NH fan before but I got no response on it. It was all onesided just like SS was one sided while NS was a gradual and mutual development. 

SS has always been more viable than NH for several reasons.

1. Sasuke and Sakura are both main characters, so the implications of any interaction between them carry more weight than NH, which was between an undeveloped secondary character and the lead.  (Naruto's title character status could have evened things out except it was already established that he loved Sakura.)

2. Kishimoto purposely constructed SS as a barrier to Naruto's happiness, and as a main component of Sakura's personal growth.  It was pretty obvious from #3 that SS, or at least Sakura's side of it, would persist as a stumbling block throughout the story as she worked her way through her feelings.

However, SS has had the same flaws as NH from the beginning.  There has never been SS.  There's only ever been Sakura.  No Sasuke.  Ever.  Not once did Sasuke return Sakura's feelings, nor did Kishimoto in any way give any indication that Sasuke thought of her as more than a friend and teammate -- and she was lucky to get that from him.  Meanwhile, all evidence has pointed to Sakura's growing love for Naruto.  All of it.

This is what I mean when I say that Kishimoto has never trolled his fandom about pairings.  Anyone who has cared to rationally look at the evidence can see that he was very careful to NOT confirm any real possibility of NH or SS ever happening.  The only tangible evidence of meaningful reciprocation has been with NS.

#46 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

SS has always been more viable than NH for several reasons.

1. Sasuke and Sakura are both main characters, so the implications of any interaction between them carry more weight than NH, which was between an undeveloped secondary character and the lead.  (Naruto's title character status could have evened things out except it was already established that he loved Sakura.)

2. Kishimoto purposely constructed SS as a barrier to Naruto's happiness, and as a main component of Sakura's personal growth.  It was pretty obvious from #3 that SS, or at least Sakura's side of it, would persist as a stumbling block throughout the story as she worked her way through her feelings.

However, SS has had the same flaws as NH from the beginning.  There has never been SS.  There's only ever been Sakura.  No Sasuke.  Ever.  Not once did Sasuke return Sakura's feelings, nor did Kishimoto in any way give any indication that Sasuke thought of her as more than a friend and teammate -- and she was lucky to get that from him.  Meanwhile, all evidence has pointed to Sakura's growing love for Naruto.  All of it.

This is what I mean when I say that Kishimoto has never trolled his fandom about pairings.  Anyone who has cared to rationally look at the evidence can see that he was very careful to NOT confirm any real possibility of NH or SS ever happening.  The only tangible evidence of meaningful reciprocation has been with NS.

Yeah, this exactly. 

And thats why i dont know how people can still believe in the possibility of kishi making SS canon.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#47 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

An editor note said that "it was the worst feeling Naruto had ever felt" when he went 8 tails because of Hinata's supposed death. They ignore that it was just an editor note.

Hinata recognized Naruto in Kyuubi form. They ignore that even Shizune did that. Naruto also recognized Hinata's feelings just by looking her in the eyes, and that he can "see her soul". lol. He has done that to Sakura too, in chapter 3 and probably more.

Then because he held her hand and said he would never let go(that was and editor note too, wasn't it? ÔO)

After he defeated Neji, he was thinking of Hinata and if she was watching. He smiled.

None of these actions indicates attraction. It tells me he cares and respects her, but it doesn't look to me like he wants to kiss her. :confused:

Edited by sushi., 26 May 2013 - 07:20 PM.

ナルサク

#48 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

An editor note said that "it was the worst feeling Naruto had ever felt" when he went 8 tails because of Hinata's supposed death. They ignore that it was just an editor note.

Hinata recognized Naruto in Kyuubi form. They ignore that even Shizune did that. Naruto also recognized Hinata's feelings just by looking her in the eyes, and that he can "see her soul". lol. He has done that to Sakura too, in chapter 3 and probably more.

Then because he held her hand and said he would never let go(that was and editor note too, wasn't it? ÔO)

After he defeated Neji, he was thinking of Hinata and if she was watching. He smiled.

None of these actions indicates attraction. It tells me he cares and respects her, but it doesn't look to me like he wants to kiss her. :confused:

This. Like KnS stated, and how I've felt for the longest time, I've always pretty much felt that Kishi was VERY careful when it came to handling other couple pairings outside of NS. Particularly NH and SS. We're always shown what we've always known. Sakura's feelings for Sasuke. Hinata's feelings for Naruto and Naruto's feelings for Sakura, but out of these three, only one of them actual has mutual development when it comes to romance as far as I'm concerned. We NEVER see Sasuke showing any hints that he's in love with Sakura and the same is said for Naruto to Hinata, but we're always left guessing where Sakura stands when it comes to her feelings for Naruto. We're given hints time and time again that it can be something more. Sure, he's cautious when it comes to NS because he doesn't want to make them official just yet but at the same time, the build up backs up our claims when it comes to NS. He gives us hints, and such, but that's not the case with any other couple IMO. A couple of examples are here.

-Sakura asks if she looks womanly to Naruto when he returns while blushing. Sure, it's minor but that scenes suggests IMO that Sakura has some attraction to Naruto. 

-Sakura healing Naruto on the bridge left us a hint. Pushed the possibility that Sakura may very well have feelings for him.

-Sakura and her confession. She doesn't outright deny her feelings when Naruto calls her out on it.  

A lot of our stuff is pretty much open to interpretation while others aren't. 

#49 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well said opinion if I may add.

Do you guys think if they reread the manga, they will think more differently or it's just the way it is? I don't expect them to love NS but I do expect them to acknowledge its existence.

Some might, but I doubt the majority would. There's too many fans that read the series selectively. I'm sure most would skim through, or completely skip over, any moments that involve Sakura or NaruSaku. I do the same thing when it comes to Sasuke. I can't stand his character, so when I re-read the series, I skip over any big moments that involve him (like his fight with Danzou.)

Edited by Slextrem, 26 May 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#50 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

This. Like KnS stated, and how I've felt for the longest time, I've always pretty much felt that Kishi was VERY careful when it came to handling other couple pairings outside of NS. Particularly NH and SS. We're always shown what we've always known. Sakura's feelings for Sasuke. Hinata's feelings for Naruto and Naruto's feelings for Sakura, but out of these three, only one of them actual has mutual development when it comes to romance as far as I'm concerned. We NEVER see Sasuke showing any hints that he's in love with Sakura and the same is said for Naruto to Hinata, but we're always left guessing where Sakura stands when it comes to her feelings for Naruto. We're given hints time and time again that it can be something more. Sure, he's cautious when it comes to NS because he doesn't want to make them official just yet but at the same time, the build up backs up our claims when it comes to NS. He gives us hints, and such, but that's not the case with any other couple IMO. A couple of examples are here.

-Sakura asks if she looks womanly to Naruto when he returns while blushing. Sure, it's minor but that scenes suggests IMO that Sakura has some attraction to Naruto. 

-Sakura healing Naruto on the bridge left us a hint. Pushed the possibility that Sakura may very well have feelings for him.

-Sakura and her confession. She doesn't outright deny her feelings when Naruto calls her out on it.  

A lot of our stuff is pretty much open to interpretation while others aren't. 

Sakura right out questions what her feelings for Naruto are.

She basically asked if she looks attractive in his eyes, all while blushing and playing with her hair.

Other characters have commented on their relationship. Why can't the fandom see it XD

"I trust you completely", I mean come on she is completely devoted to him :lol:

Then you see her completely crushed after finding out she has hurt Naruto's feelings.

In part 1 it looked like she was in love with Sasuke, unless Naruto was around too. Then she would go to him instead lol, or yell his name instead.

She is so tender around him I love it :ohboy: Blushing, scolding him, healing him, protecting him, hugging him, feeding him, the way she says "Naruto"..I don't need more. XD

Edited by sushi., 26 May 2013 - 08:25 PM.

ナルサク

#51 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

She is so tender around him I love it :ohboy: Blushing, scolding him, healing him, protecting him, the way she says "Naruto"..I don't need more. XD

I know.  And Naruto, in his own way, has done the same with her.  From the way he clutched his chest when she was crying over Sasuke (after the Haku fight), to the look on his face when he had a view of her shapely behind as she bent over to talk to Sai about his book, to the way he looked at her when Tazuna asked about Sasuke, to him wanting to spy on her when she was naked at the hot springs, to the fact that he has never, ever stopped calling her Sakura-chan.... 

So many things about #631 were so great, but the end... just that half-panel of the smile he gave her.... THE FEELS!

Edited by KnS, 26 May 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#52 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

I know.  And Naruto, in his own way, has done the same with her.  From the way he clutched his chest when she was crying over Sasuke (after the Haku fight), to the look on his face when he had a view of her shapely behind as she bent over to talk to Sai about his book, to the way he looked at her when Tazuna asked about Sasuke, to him wanting to spy on her when she was naked at the hot springs, to the fact that he has never, ever stopped calling her Sakura-chan.... 

So many things about #631 were so great, but the end... just that half-panel of the smile he gave her.... THE FEELS!

Yeah because she's the type of girl that would hit a person in a tsundere way if they were to close to her, she would feel uncomfortable.

And it's not only that she's accepting and comfortable being so close to him, she's taking the intiative(even in public :dance:) and that is enough for me to believe that she loves the boy. :wub:

ナルサク

#53 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

Here's a funny thought,

Sakura is naturally a tsundere, she loves hitting Naruto and generally being well...tsundere around him.

She could never be herself (act naturally) with sasuke. How awkward would it be if sakura did what she does with naruto to sasuke???

40283620121415711s.jpg

#54 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Here's a funny thought,

Sakura is naturally a tsundere, she loves hitting Naruto and generally being well...tsundere around him.

She could never be herself (act naturally) with sasuke. How awkward would it be if sakura did what she does with naruto to sasuke???

Exactly!

You know, I just realized a double standard. The hitting on Naruto is abusive, not funny, they say. When 631 happened, now they said it's funny. WHAT IS IT MAN!!??

#55 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Here's a funny thought,

Sasuke may retaliate with a strike of his own similar to what we saw of him in the Forest of Death when he hit the Naruto replicate. He doesn't appear to be the sort who would willingly endure what he may believe to be "physical abuse". Karin's flustered criticisms against him for becoming involved in dangerous situations or whenever he becomes impatient is one situation but she has never actually hit him in a tsundere-esque manner. As Sasuke has stated in the recent chapter he isn't concerned with their thoughts of him. But if they were to actually strike him like Sakura does to Naruto on occasion?

To be honest I wouldn't be put it past Sasuke if he attempted to kill them in retaliation.

#56 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Remember that interview where some NH fan said something about Hinata being the heroine, and Kishi answered that Sakura is the heroine, not Hinata. Plus I heard that Kishi has been receiving a lot of hate and Sakura-bashing fan-letters. To me all the latest events look like a huge slap in the face for those haters...

BTW, great post as always, Inferno!

Yyyyeap...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#57 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

I just want to point out two things:

1. Naruto is one of the biggest anime fandoms on the internet. You will always come across an illogical/ desperate/ "bad" argument once in a while, and;

2. Because we're looking at things from the narusaku fandom's perspective, we see a lot of mockery towards the illogical/ desperate/ "bad" arguments, and not so much of the loggical/ "good" arguments.

Actually, I didn't expect Minato to compare Sakura to Kushina, and I know there are several other narusaku fans who were also surprised. Hinata did get a lot of screentime in this arc, so I guess people thought she'd keep her spotlight until the end of the arc.
  Well chapter 631 just put final the nail into the coffin.

I've seen different people in different fandoms/ hatedoms contradicting each other all the time. Just a few weeks ago, some people in the chapter 629 thread were mocking Sakura, for their prediction that she would fall into a fangirl mess once she saw Sasuke again. Yes, that happened in our own fandom.

At this point I just want to be happy for narusaku and ignore the anti. Our fandom is all about our love for our OTP, not what the haters think.

Yeah, I agree.

I know.  *sigh*  In all honesty, there is a lot of hysteria, negativity, and misinterpretation within the NS sector of the fandom as well.  No matter how well things go, no matter what great things happen, no matter how much obvious and logical evidence there is to suggest a certain conclusion, there's this desire -- or need -- to mock it, downplay it, or otherwise doubt its authenticity.

Of course, the whole fandom does this to itself, constantly feeding off the fear and misinformation.  For example:

+ Kishimoto is a troll (an incredibly overused term that's seldom used correctly).
+ Kishimoto is changing his plot or pairings based on the whims of certain fanbases or the content of his fan mail.
+ Kishimoto's editor(s) dictate the direction of the story based on sales.
+ Kishimoto is a troll so we can't trust him.
+ Character X is more popular in bogus fan polls and Kishimoto totes reads those.
+ Kishimoto said this, that, and the other in an unreliably translated interview, but it's totes for reals.
+ XYZ happened in another manga so Kishimoto is probably going to... (fill in the blank).
+ XYZ fandom says 123 fandom is dead because... (fill in the blank).
+ #kikittenroll.

It's a giant, twisted feedback loop of unreliable gossip and swirling conspiracy theories.  The fact that most of us can't read Japanese doesn't help, since we are at the mercy of translators who are, whether they mean to be or not, biased.  But the truth always comes out eventually.

And really, it's not that complicated.  There's nothing to fear, and I confess I am continually amazed that so many fans fall into the Twisted Feedback Loop of Doom instead of trusting what they see with their own eyes.  

Despite everything that happened in #631, I continue to see readers leaving room for NH to still happen and I simply can't understand it.  NH never actually existed because it was only ever H.  There was no N.  Ever.  Not once did Naruto return Hinata's feelings, nor did Kishimoto in any way give any indication that Naruto thought of her as more than a friend.  Meanwhile, all evidence has pointed to Naruto's love for Sakura.  All of it.

So after #631, which not only reconfirms Naruto's feelings for Sakura but also includes the confirmation that Naruto's choice fulfills his mother's dying wish, why are NS fans still leaving room for NH?

Because of the Twisted Feedback Loop of Doom.  That's why some folks here wish others would stop dragging the nonsense from other fandoms here.  It just perpetuates the cycle of fear and misinformation.  Questioning things and having an open mind is definitely a good thing, but that's not the same thing as suspending logic (or reality) because other fandoms want to tear you down.

*sigh*

Kishimoto's story is like one of those 3D posters.  If you stop staring at the details, and stop listening to people who try to tell you what to look for -- and you just relax your focus -- you can see the real picture. 

Just my opinion.

This post pretty much summed up my feelings of our own fandom, and our own arguments.

However, editors do have control over the direction of the series on sales, though I think your point was that we use it as an argument of why Kishi uses Hinata a lot. While I always thought it was an interesting thing to ponder, I never really believed it. A theory I never heard around here is that an other reason why Kishi uses Hinata is that he simply likes using that character a lot. He did say he would like to date her (it was talked about WAY BACK  in the Road to Ninja thread, which I hope many of you remember), so it isn't totally unreasonable for him to use her a lot because he likes using her a lot.

I don't think editors essentially care about any of the pairings, as it is an action series, not a romance series. So I always doubted that editors were always on his case about focusing on one pairing over an other, mainly because romance doesn't sell for Naruto.

Edited by Transformers03, 26 May 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#58 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

To be fair, I feel sorry for NH. I can't bring myself to add salt to their injury. Although many of their bashing towards Naruto and Sakura after the recent chapters are unjustified, their frustrations are understandable. 

Even for a NS shipper like me, "I can see it in your eyes", "hand holding" scene looked like a NH propaganda going on in the manga. Imagine what it's like for NH shippers. With all these increasing "NH" moments, I can't blame them if they become happy and hold hope. Neji died and then came Hinata's speech. If I were a Hinata fan, I would believe that there's going to be a 

1. Huge Hinata heroine moment coming. 

Remember how we all thought that a huge Sakura moment is coming after her speech? It's understandable that NH thought the same thing after HINATA's own speech. 

Not to mention, Neji died. In the manga, many characters get power-ups and a following kick-ass moment after somebody important to them dies. Ex) Ino-Shika-Cho with Asuma, Naruto with Jiraiya

2. Naruhina moment coming. 

With all those Hinata panels with her communicating with Naruto, and especially after the death of Neji, people would think that Kishi will not leave Hinata alone after such a tragedy. 

However, while NH was anticipating for the coming chapters and the so-called Hinata moment, the story took a completely different turn.

1. Sakura did a speech to the alliance (Hinata's speech doesn't stand-out that much anymore)

2. What was supposed to be a on-coming NH moment turned out to be a NS moment with the approval of Naruto's father.

3. The girl Kushina meant in, "Find a girl like your mother" turns out to be about her rival character Sakura.

4.  Hinata's heroine kick-ass moment has disappeared. Her rival Sakura is going to get a kick-ass moment instead, fighting alongside Hinata's love interest. It's going to be a team 7 fight, and there is no where Hinata can fit it. 

5. After the tragedy of losing her cousin brother, she's probably going to lose her love interest she has loved from the start of the manga to her rival who hasn't loved the guy from the start. 

Thinking in a NH perspective, this is quite unbearable. And I can understand why they are angry and want to blame the manga, the author, Naruto, and Sakura for their frustration. To be honest, I think that Kishi shouldn't have given them false hope since it was quite unnecessary. And because of all this, I think we should be understanding of their situation. 

The only problem I see is that those NH moments they proclaimed were all really character development for Hinata not necessarily romantic moments. They should have seen they were going to get troll by Kishi remembering how her confession from 437 ended as a huge trolling move with Sakura's hug and she was smiling at 450. To me it wasn't romantic moments because Naruto DIDN'T saw it that way since he has never shown any romantic interest in Hinata, we all know who is the girl he has only love in the entire manga. He didn't blushed when he hold her hand, he only held her hand just to give her Kurama's chakra. Yes he cares for HInata as a friend, comrade ally nothing else. 631 proves right that he hasn't stop loving Sakura and has move on to Hinata. It was the fandom that went over board not learning their previous lesson from Kishi's trolling. I repeat again they should have seen this trolling move coming, especially after the RTN movie.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#59 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

You guys remember the 2011 OVA where Sakura cried over Naruto? To this day, I have NEVER seen as  much cussing and hatred from the opposing fandoms in all of the years I have been reading and watching Naruto than what I saw in response to the OVA. (Started when I was 13, and am now 21)

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#60 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

Remember that interview where some NH fan said something about Hinata being the heroine, and Kishi answered that Sakura is the heroine, not Hinata. Plus I heard that Kishi has been receiving a lot of hate and Sakura-bashing fan-letters. To me all the latest events look like a huge slap in the face for those haters...
BTW, great post as always, Inferno!

Actually, that wasn't how the interview went. Kishimoto was asked about Sakura's confession, it was him that brought up Hinata. There were no "fan letters". And lastly, he didn't say Sakura was the heroine, he said she wasn't Hinata.

Seiyuu: Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy.
She used Naruto's love for her and told him she loved him.

Kishimoto: On the contrary.... I felt like depicting an honest girl, with a surprisingly stubborn impression.
So... she became such a character, but... well... from here on, maybe I should draw her showing a bit more spirit.
I figured I had placed her in a heroin-like situation
But from the readers I was told harshly that she wasn't heroin-ish at all
Perhaps I should show depict her a bit more like a heroin
Because you say 'Hinata Hinata,' I say 'She's not Hinata' "

Seiyuu: "When I first saw her hugging Naruto, my heart beat throbbed a bit."

Kishimoto:
"Well, an unpleasant person is an unpleasant person, but the feeling I was trying to depict is that you could say "after this, [my opinion of her] has gone up a bit... yeah"

Kishimoto has always been rather critical if not downright flippant of Sakura's character in his interviews. He's just being himself.

Edited by Nefertieh, 27 May 2013 - 03:21 AM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users