46 replies to this topic

#21 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

Nar123@ so what you're saying is Kishimoto was weak willed for not following his manga without listening to his editors. That he was blind following his editors advises instead of saying" I don't want that I don't like it I won't listen to you, you can always quit I will get a new editor that understands and supports my ideas of my manga". That he's really incompetent, a hypocrite and a writter that lacks the professionalism because he can't express his opinions or what to do with his story, where to take it from here without consulting his editors. That's pretty much it and it makes a lot of sense. Overall Kishimoto is nothing but a puppet and his editors are the ones pulling his strings.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#22 CrimsonHairedLover

CrimsonHairedLover

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, SasuSaku, ShikaIno, KakaRin, KakaTayuya, Sakura, Kakashi, Sasuke, Shika, Ino, Tayuya, Not Hinata, and of course Cordelia!

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:54 AM

Imo, Kishimoto is to blame here. Sure, the editors obviously pressured him. But he is the Author! He has the final say on every decision. He could have told them off but instead he caved, and poor Sakura was the one to suffer! :cry:

rsz_97lqu7k_zpsqvnc0ej5.jpg

Careful, this rose may be beautiful but it has sharp thorns.

#23 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

Nar123@ so what you're saying is Kishimoto was weak willed for not following his manga without listening to his editors. That he was blind following his editors advises instead of saying" I don't want that I don't like it I won't listen to you, you can always quit I will get a new editor that understands and supports my ideas of my manga". That he's really incompetent, a hypocrite and a writter that lacks the professionalism because he can't express his opinions or what to do with his story, where to take it from here without consulting his editors. That's pretty much it and it makes a lot of sense. Overall Kishimoto is nothing but a puppet and his editors are the ones pulling his strings.

Yes, almost like this

He doesn't have a backbone and its thanks to his first editor Yahagi that Naruto became such a success, so he probably tried to follow suit listening to new editors after Yahagi left, he might have given some ideas here and there but ultimately if I should guess the editors ruled where the story would go.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#24 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

Agreed with CrimsonHairedLover his editors may have given him the ideas but Kishimoto is to blame for following them blindly. Its like this:

Kishimoto- I've been developing NS for so long even made the parallel of Sakura and Kushina.
Editor A- Nope, no NS make NH canon.
Kishimoto- okay.
Editor B- make Hinata-sama's boobs bigger.
Kishimoto- okay.
Editor C- parallels don't matter we want NH canon!
Kishimoto- okay.

Seriously if Oda's editor tells him "don't make Luffy the king of the pirates" what will be his reaction?

Oda- kitten you your fired!

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

Agreed with CrimsonHairedLover his editors may have given him the ideas but Kishimoto is to blame for following them blindly. Its like this:

Kishimoto- I've been developing NS for so long even made the parallel of Sakura and Kushina.
Editor A- Nope, no NS make NH canon.
Kishimoto- okay.
Editor B- make Hinata-sama's boobs bigger.
Kishimoto- okay.
Editor C- parallels don't matter we want NH canon!
Kishimoto- okay.

Seriously if Oda's editor tells him "don't make Luffy the king of the pirates" what will be his reaction?

Oda- kitten you your fired!

More like

Kishimoto: Yahagi has been developing the story this way, maybe we should keep at it

New editor: LOL no

Kishimoto: but...

New editor: Are you stupid? He was ruining everything, look how he put Hinata-hime-sama at the background!

Kishimoto: ...

New editor: Now listen to me, we still can save this story, just follow my lead

Kishimoto: okay

Edited by Nar123, 25 March 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#26 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:31 PM

Seriously THIS^

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#27 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:31 AM

More like

Kishimoto: Yahagi has been developing the story this way, maybe we should keep at it
New editor: LOL no
Kishimoto: but...
New editor: Are you stupid? He was ruining everything, look how he put Hinata-hime-sama at the background!
Kishimoto: ...
New editor: Now listen to me, we still can save this story, just follow my lead
Kishimoto: okay

I actually doubt Hinata actually has that much clout over the series. If anything, Sasuke is more popular than Naruto. I know the last poll had Sasuke as 2nd, but I seem to recall him winning 1st more times than Naruto.

So I think the editor pushed for more spotlight on Sasuke.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#28 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:42 AM

I actually doubt Hinata actually has that much clout over the series. If anything, Sasuke is more popular than Naruto. I know the last poll had Sasuke as 2nd, but I seem to recall him winning 1st more times than Naruto.

The one who get hurt by Hinata popularity is sakura.

When I see the latest onepiece popularity poll, there's a tag in nami that said that she's the most popular female character despite her ranking is 8th.

So I think in this kind of story, sakura is expect to be number 1 female character.

For sasuke, well that's the problem when you make him an equal with the protagonist and title character.

#29 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

Debatable...Hinata rarely showed up until the war arc. Then there's the fact that SasuNaru hand holding was replaced by Hinaturd waking up more. There's no contest on the popularity board. (aside from KakaIru which still puzzles me) SasuNaru was the top, if not among the top on the popularity board. So why would they even think of getting rid of a SasuNaru moment in favor of Hinaturd?

I know studio pierrot were obvious Hinaturd wankers, but it's very possible the editor was as well. Perhaps he was a Hinaturd AND Sasuke fan. Let's face it. The series -did- become more Sasuke than Naruto near the end. We could almost always tell what was up with Naruto until the end. I was starting to feel like I didn't know this Naruto. Surprise, surprise...

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#30 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:18 AM

For some reason Kishimoto believes Hinata's more popular...but since the last poll on the last japanese databook showed the contrary 

we can only assume he was given false informations or that he decided to pander to the western fandom

#31 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:41 AM

He should have kept it short, kept it simple, and kept it sweet. Problem is, a short simple and sweet manga won't pay the bills, but a long, complicated, and cliche manga will.

Is called merchandising, and right now with Part 3, and a couple of other movies that dietised Hinata and her spawn, and make Sasuke into the first shiny ninja ever, it is clear that, that is what we are going to see.

Edited by Strangelove, 28 March 2015 - 12:43 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#32 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:03 AM

He should have kept it short, kept it simple, and kept it sweet. Problem is, a short simple and sweet manga won't pay the bills, but a long, complicated, and cliche manga will.

He has more than enough money.

#33 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:04 AM

For some reason Kishimoto believes Hinata's more popular...but since the last poll on the last japanese databook showed the contrary 

we can only assume he was given false informations or that he decided to pander to the western fandom

Do you mean the accumulation of six poll result?

But the latest popularity poll (the seventh) put Hinata on tenth place ahead of sakura who are in 12th or 13th.

#34 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:06 AM

He has more than enough money.

there's no such thing as too much money. 

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#35 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:13 AM

Do you mean the accumulation of six poll result?

But the latest popularity poll (the seventh) put Hinata on tenth place ahead of sakura who are in 12th or 13th.

Still, it's such a little diference.

I believe he had people from the inside talking to him about putting Hinata on the forefront.

Look at his interview from 2010 where he complains about the Hinata-Sakura comparisions?

I think its clear someone from his team was pushing her

#36 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

Still, it's such a little diference.

I believe he had people from the inside talking to him about putting Hinata on the forefront.

Look at his interview from 2010 where he complains about the Hinata-Sakura comparisions?
I think its clear someone from his team was pushing her

Most likely the assistant.

But the idea of a mere side character who do nothing but naruto kuning could more popular than the heroine and main character must hit kishi hard.

You should see the poll as individu result, and then you will see that sometimes sakura won, but most of it Hinata still ahead of sakura.
Imagined if shikamaru get number 2 while naruto become number 4.

#37 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

Most likely the assistant.

But the idea of a mere side character who do nothing but naruto kuning could more popular than the heroine and main character must hit kishi hard.

You should see the poll as individu result, and then you will see that sometimes sakura won, but most of it Hinata still ahead of sakura.
Imagined if shikamaru get number 2 while naruto become number 4.

Well fact is, someone was bothering with Kishi from the inside. He probably gave up fighting back and just tried to settle it for easy money

#38 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:32 AM

Well fact is, someone was bothering with Kishi from the inside. He probably gave up fighting back and just tried to settle it for easy money

Yeah, he should do what the best for story instead he surrender to popularity. Which hurt the manga instead.

I think after the result of popularity poll (chapter 531) kishi change/make his mind for the end pairing(nh ss).

Have kishi doesn't defend sakura when people questioning her heroine status, I will said that sakura confession is the end of NS. Too bad I truly trust his word.

#39 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:42 AM

Yeah, he should do what the best for story instead he surrender to popularity. Which hurt the manga instead.

I think after the result of popularity poll (chapter 531) kishi change/make his mind for the end pairing(nh ss).

Have kishi doesn't defend sakura when people questioning her heroine status, I will said that sakura confession is the end of NS. Too bad I truly trust his word.

He defended her back in 2010, however his mindset truly changed, I think it was around 2012 the beginning of the last production, as I said before

#40 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

He defended her back in 2010, however his mindset truly changed, I think it was around 2012 the beginning of the last production, as I said before

Well, the asistant said in the twitter that naruto doesn't has heroine since 2010.
2012 is Rtn release in theater right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users