59 replies to this topic

#21 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Tropical storm Isaac is going to pass to the south of my country tomorrow which forecast expects it will become Hurricane category 1.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#22 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Hurricane Issac to make landfall as a possible Category 2 storm early next week in either Georgia, Alabama or Mississippi.

http://bcove.me/k6eq2gnb

#23 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hurricane Isaac is on track for New Orleans. I'm evacuating in a couple of hours. I know it's not going to be near as bad as Katrina, but it still makes me nervous.

Edited by KonaKonaFan, 27 August 2012 - 09:53 PM.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#24 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Aug 27 2012, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hurricane Isaac is on track for New Orleans. I'm evacuating in a couple of hours. I know it's not going to be near as bad as Katrina, but it still makes me nervous.

Take care and best of luck! Hope you and your family make it through this well a_hug.gif

#25 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Stay safe everyone in the hurricane path!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#26 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Thanks, guys. We're safe and sound in Jackson, Mississippi, where it hasn't even rained yet.

#27 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

Yeah, stay safe everyone! I've been hearing about it in the news a lot lately.

#28 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

oh hurricanes . i hope you all be safe who are in its way. be care full guys. is it a big storm or ot that. in india hurricane comes only some time in 2 or3 years. i ll pray to god to save everyone. and catagory 2 isnt good so take care.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#29 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hurricane Sandy is going to be a historic, monster storm. It's already historic in the sense that it's doing things that we've never seen any storm in history do before. It's already combining with two other major weather systems to create the 'Perfect Storm', or rather a Frankenstorm because it's such a monster storm. It's 2000 miles wide. I live in Florida and it was 55 degrees last night in October, because of the winter storm/nor'easter Hurricane Sandy is mixing with up north, is traveling down through this massive hurricane and impacting us all the way down here. Hurricane Sandy is projected to be the biggest storm to hit the United States...ever.
Yoko is in Hurricane Sandy's direct path. So, are a number of other friends and family I have in the NY/Delaware/Boston areas. Let us hope and pray that everyone makes it through this monster storm safe and sound.

Frankenstorm - further details

#30 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Wow, didn't expect this.

Thanks for the info SB. Take care everyone.

#31 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

oh man you guys really give me alot of worries for you. so good luck and take care all. and espesially yoko , sakura blossom and shadow.and other people who are in the path.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

The bad thing about it is that I just start working night-shift at the airport and the governor announced that tomorrow they'll shut down the buses, trains, everything!

What we're worrying about is not the raining and the flooding (only in certain areas that will get it), its the winds that are going 80 mph. Especially where there are trees and power lines out there.

As my friend said on facebook, another Jumunji upon us!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#33 Lucky Star

Lucky Star

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Reading,writing, sleeping, piano,t.v, video games,taekwondo, fangirling

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

School has been cancelled tomorrow where I am in NYC. The winds are starting to get really rough right now.

tumblr_n6o7sf8a9T1qf4xsdo1_r2_500.gif

Moving of the earth brings harms and fears; Men reckon what it did, and meant;
But trepidation of the spheres,Though greater far, is innocent. (John Donne)

#34 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

Yea that storm seems pretty bad. There was talk about putting the base here on lockdown, the wind and rain was pretty heavy. I'd hate to be any closer to it.

#35 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Hunker down or evacuate. Either way hope all you peeps in the East are safe, warm and fed through this nightmare. See you on the other side.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#36 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

As long as those of you in this storm's path have power or access to the internet, please keep us here informed of how you're fairing during and after the storm ^^

grouphug.gif

#37 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Oh geez, I was going to say that I understand what you're going through, but.... I guess I don't. This might be worse than Katrina. Take care, ya'll.

#38 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Well, the storm's wrath is coming around at least 5 PM EST. Atlantic City is already flooded by 5 inches. President Obama just declared state of emergency for NJ, NY, Massachusetts, PA and other neighboring states.

As I said before, everything is shut down, including public transportation, schools, and the major highways in NJ are closed both ways. Many flights are canceled.

(And I did this post around 12 PM...)

Right now, we're bracing ourselves.

EDIT: Now a crane in NYC is dangling on the side of a building. That said building is evacuating the people over there. That crane is likely going to fall. mellow.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#39 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Storm is currently blowing up a nice gust of rain and wind right now in Toronto.

It's not fun when said storm causes my dogs to not do their business outside.

#40 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

Its weird how quiet it is. The worse for us is coming through tonight and into tomorrow. It was really just raining all day but now the wind is picking up.

EDIT: A chunk of NY is without power, the Empire State building is one of the only buildings still active.

Edited by Mik3, 04 November 2012 - 02:37 PM.

\

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users