• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 sakuraharunorealfan

sakuraharunorealfan

Sakura Haruno Naruto's Bae xDD

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:(Pretending 2 be Sakura i lov roleplaying as her cx so just let me xp and just Call Me Sakura or Saku like my Friends Do)NARUSAKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Boyfriend Naruto Uzumaki Smexy fox xD

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:18 AM

its also funny how Everyone of my friends say i look like salada lol o.o my glasses are the same style and color and our hair mathches too lol btw did u know Salada In Spanish means Salty xD

naruto_animation_by_ladygt-d7gd8ae.gif

#22 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:41 AM

I'm sorry but Kishimoto is to blame. His job as an author it to ignore the fans and write the real story. He led us on with NaruSaku but gave the fanservice canon ending.
He's still a good writer but he made a mistake at the end.

#23 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

If some one asked me about Kishimoto was a good author?

Kishimoto who?

#24 Dynared

Dynared

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:05 AM

He was writing one of the most popular comics in the entire world.  More copies of Naruto volumes may have been sold that all 3 DC Crisis books combined.  I think he had a hand in screwing his story over.

#25 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

I have heard this allegation arise in several different rants now. But is there any evidence to show that Kishi did actually hand off the reigns of his brainchild's ending to editors/assistants to draw? I want there to be substantial proof that truly isn't what Kishi intended for his series. 

I do know the fact that he regrets not "planning" for his story.

#26 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:16 AM

Yes we weren't delusional or misread the manga. Kishimoto betrayed the NaruSaku ending.

#27 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:18 AM

Yes we weren't delusional or misread the manga. Kishimoto betrayed the NaruSaku ending.

We all know this. Expect for the Kishimoto.

#28 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:46 AM

Hideo kojima the Creator of metal gear solid was in a similar position with the fourth one. He was tired of the series (he spent at least 13 straight years working on it) and wanted to move on to something else. In the end; the game felt under the standards of its own series. However, the ending was Worth it, he actually gave resolutions to everyone and did not spit on the message of his series. Raiden (the player who hated and did not understand the beautiful message of 2) backtracked on his character development but in the end the protagonist (kojima) still managed to make him understand what the author was trying to each. Kojima was tired but never conceded defeat on what the series was mainly about (the message of 2 of being your own man and choosing your own life) until the very end.

#29 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:21 PM

I do know the fact that he regrets not "planning" for his story.

What do you mean?

Yp330yZ.gif

#30 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:03 PM

Unfortunately, all you are saying is just your personal speculation =/.

If kishimoto's editors where against NS, we wont have had a whole movie(Road to Ninja) with NaruSaku having a huge focus. The ending with NaruHina/SasuSaku pretty much pissed me off as well, and I am hoping that any interview Kishimoto does now will clarify if he truly intended NaruHina/SasuSaku from the get go.

I actually kinda blame myself now and not Kishimoto. I fell for all the NS bait in the story. Their interaction and moments where just too interesting and well developed that I am beginning to feel I just wanted them to get together despite hints like sakura still loving that uchiha fool...

I don't know what to think anymore, to be honest.... 

#31 Comy

Comy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

Either way you look at it (if he did it for money; if he was forced by the editor; if he did it because of death threats etc.), Kishi is the one at fault. If he had dignity, he should have put his foot down and finish this manga the way he wanted it.

waplrk.jpg

#32 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Unfortunately, all you are saying is just your personal speculation =/.

If kishimoto's editors where against NS, we wont have had a whole movie(Road to Ninja) with NaruSaku having a huge focus. The ending with NaruHina/SasuSaku pretty much pissed me off as well, and I am hoping that any interview Kishimoto does now will clarify if he truly intended NaruHina/SasuSaku from the get go.

I actually kinda blame myself now and not Kishimoto. I fell for all the NS bait in the story. Their interaction and moments where just too interesting and well developed that I am beginning to feel I just wanted them to get together despite hints like sakura still loving that uchiha fool...

I don't know what to think anymore, to be honest.... 

Then he should've team Hinata and Naruto on Team 7 not have Sakura and Sasuke.

Edited by 8Hogake, 08 November 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#33 Aslan

Aslan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Lots of things...

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:32 PM

I don't think anything can actually relieve the author any responsibility of the intention that his work follows under any circumstances. One thing's for sure, we don't really know what goes on behind closed doors but trying to reason with kishimoto's distortedly written ending in assuming so is - at this point - meaningless. He is the head office. It makes no sense to point fingers at anyone other than kishi. 

I do see the crux of this argument nonetheless. Fact is, he, for the most part, predetermined NS and maybe SK as endgame. So he most likely is remorseful at going against what he originally intended -- and yes, if he is sorry, I will gladly accept his apology. Tbh, I would like that or something along the lines of explaining what just transpired. That might be enough to put me at ease. However, what happened, happened. He is still liable.

f3a84606-2c3e-4f4e-8cce-14e0f2502fde_zps

#34 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

Then what about all the NS stuff? If he really intended for nh, he could've used hinita instead of sakura. Same with sasuke. He didn't have to have him try and kill sakura or have kakashi saying sakura likes him different. It made kakashi a liar.

Everything was NS up until 699.

Even the gusty ninja.

Or his mother say someone like me.

That is a lot of wasted effort if he wanted nh and ss.

Edited by NS4Life, 11 November 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#35 Sav from Australia

Sav from Australia

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:28 PM

Hideo kojima the Creator of metal gear solid was in a similar position with the fourth one. He was tired of the series (he spent at least 13 straight years working on it) and wanted to move on to something else. In the end; the game felt under the standards of its own series. However, the ending was Worth it, he actually gave resolutions to everyone and did not spit on the message of his series. Raiden (the player who hated and did not understand the beautiful message of 2) backtracked on his character development but in the end the protagonist (kojima) still managed to make him understand what the author was trying to each. Kojima was tired but never conceded defeat on what the series was mainly about (the message of 2 of being your own man and choosing your own life) until the very end.

^^  Thanks for the excellent example of a creator not kittening on his artform.  The message, its all about the message.  And the mangaka failed himself and his characters.

#36 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:20 AM

He doesn't get a pass for this. As the creator he has full control over any sort of character decisions. Some ppl say he received death threats but giving into them only serves to enhance the problem. If fans think that they have to send death threats in order to get the ending they want then what is the point of calling a work your own? Fans will continue to send threats bc it gets them what they want.

As for Kishi wanting to shock ppl, twists are fine. But twists only work when they are also supported and developed by evidence within the story, that is what makes them effective. However a twist without support feels like a desperate excuse for writing and just out of place.

Kishimoto is not the only person to blame, but he is the capital offender and has no excuse

I agree. Very well said. This is Kishimoto's story, both good and bad. His name is on the cover for a reason.

#37 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:27 AM

Kishi wanted NS. In the end others wanted NH. SS came later to make part 3 work.

Kishi built up a great romance between naruto and sakura.

Look, they have gone wild at promoting hinita as the heroine. She is getting more promotion than naruto.

This is all about the Benjamins.

#38 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:41 AM

It's kinda scary that if your story becomes popular enough, you lose the control you have over it. As a writer myself with my own ideas, it's a little worrisome to think that my story's integrity could be compromised just because of other people's preferences. :/

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#39 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:06 AM

I don't think it was about the money. I hate to say it, but this was Kishi's decision through and through. Keep in mind tht the last movie was full of NaruSaku moments and the highest highest grossing Naruto movie ever.

To put it franky, NaruSaku does not lose money; it does the opposite. We can try and blame the editors, SP or the rabid fans, but at the end of the day, this was Kishi's intentional decision. Therefore, I blame him full and through.

There's another perspective to that though.

As we're all aware the animation quality for the big 3 greatly varies. Most of the time it's quite poor but has spikes of excellent quality. The big 3 are popular enough to have consistently high quality but that isn't done because they know that people will still watch it regardless of it's quality due to how popular it is. Now what I'm thinking is that this rationale has been taken to the next level.

The editors or producers or whoever calls the shots decided that it would be more profitable to keep the international audience by altering the ending because they believe that Japan will continue to support Naruto due to it's popularity even if the quality drops.

So basically they believe that:

1. Japan will continue supporting Naruto no matter what happens.

2. Western countries will only continue to support Naruto if Kishimoto's original plans for ending the series is altered.

There's no way to know for certain but it's the only way that I've been able to make sense out of it without assuming that Kishimoto is a terrible author and his editors did all the work.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#40 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:07 AM

Well as most of you know I'm totally blame him about solding out all week long. But then , win-chan post make me think. Afterall, he did said that the ending he has in mind was about Naruto vs Sasuke. Then, this whole we've got nothing concret but I can help to think that what if the assistant did draw the ending. They might have sell out to the editor pressure and anyway, Kishi won't be in part 3 project right?

You just might be right Win-chan. But he must come clean with the truth? because even if he didn't have a hand in this, he could have still stood in what he believe. Assitant take the next project and make the ending but whatever you wrote, Naruto must get Sakura. And you should draw his hokage celebration, not just see him appear out of no where in a meeting. Right now I'm stuck in my fanfiction because I have another Kage summit in it to adress the aftermath of the war. I feel like it must be done, but it's a boring part in the story and long to write, especially since it's somehow, look like a trial for now. Anyway, my point is you don't end a story on that note lol.

I want kishi on bar, WE WANT THE TRUTH

The bastard doesn't want to give it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users