Here we go! Here.

#2 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

Not bad, could've used some intensity in story telling.
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#3 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

I thought it was pretty intense, with suddenly hearing sounds in the air and then thousands of exploding tags crossfiring through the air, and three kids having to be in the middle of that. The pacing was good, and I liked the episode. It kept my attention and we got to see the three as kids for a bit. Nagato, Yahiko and Konan did have to go through a lot as war-orphans, but they have the spirit to survive. It's sad that things don't work out for them. Animation was good too, and I had a bit of a fangirl moment seeing young Tsunade and especially young Jiraiya again. OH JIRAIYA.

#4 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

I agree it was pretty intense. Chibis death was pretty hard as well.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#5 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:35 AM

It was alright! I was hoping the anime would filler on how badass Hanzo was. sad.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 06 August 2010 - 12:36 AM.

#6 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:44 AM

It was good, but felt just a tad rushed to me, what with the constant pause in sound as the next bit of flashback is being started--it made it seem almost like they were trying to get through the whole thing as quickly as possible.

Though I'll admit, actually hearing the kids' voices definitely added to the reality of what they went through. Like Nagato's line of "But this was my last stop" when he's asking for food. While it was sad in the manga, it really touched home in the episode.

#7 Inori

Inori

The Slayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

It was awesome! I can't believe what kind of pain Nagato endured...poor kid! unsure.gif I got really mad when that man didn't give Nagato and the dog some food! sad.gif Hm.. I can't wait for the next episode and the next so Naruto could return to the leaf and we can see the NaruSaku hug tongue.gif

#8 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

No longer filler episodes...for now dry.gif

Anyway, love that episode, the animation was excellent and I really felt the emotion of the hardship that Nagato have endure as a orphan child during war time ( much more then the manga)

#9 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

I find it hypocritical when people of the hidden leaf preach about peace when they themselves start wars with the other great nations and turn smaller nations into war zones just like the other five great nations. They are no different from any large country that want land, resources, or power to stimulate they're economy and add to their geographical territory. The large countries will prey on the weak countries through colonizing them and taking advantage of their resources, turning them into battle fields to settle political disputes, or feed their hunger for power without any regard for human life in general. That's why there can be no such thing as true world peace, it's in human nature to fight no matter what cause it is, whether it can be self defense, upholding the law, spreading a religion through military conquest, starting a mass ethnic cleansing genocide, avenging the loss of loved ones, or simply attempt world domination. Only idealistic fools believe in world peace. If what Jiraiya said is true, wouldn't everyone in the world have gotten along by now?

The episode was good, looking forward to next week.

#10 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Stand tall, even when you have to take a knee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Counter-strike, Cooking, and many more

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:00 AM

i HAVEN'T watched... is it an actual epi?

#11 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 6 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's why there can be no such thing as true world peace, it's in human nature to fight no matter what cause it is, whether it can be self defense, upholding the law, spreading a religion through military conquest, starting a mass ethnic cleansing genocide, avenging the loss of loved ones, or simply attempt world domination. Only idealistic fools believe in world peace. If what Jiraiya said is true, wouldn't everyone in the world have gotten along by now?

If what you said was true then the British would still be fighting the French, Spanish and the US, etc... The truth is real lasting peace is possible. Is it easy, no. One has to see the pain of the other side and and swallow your own bitterness over the pain you've endured.
I'm old enough to remember when "everyone" thought Great Britain and Northern Ireland would never come to the table for a peace treaty. Yet it happened and the peace holds, people are dealing with the bitterness and working toward a better future. Another one, even more stunning, that happened earlier my lifetime was the peace accord signed between Egypt and Israel, and it's held for over 30 years. Are there bitter feelings on both sides still, oh yeah, but despite that the people see the value of lasting peace. This is exactly what Kishimoto is telling you in part 2 of the manga.

Tsunade sees this too, at least in part, she certainly sees the wrongs her country practiced in the past- something she tells Pain, but she wanted him to understand the crushing losses she had endured too because of the war. And note, Tsunade objects to these practices. Nagato had blinded himself to seeing some leaders like Tsunade (Gaara, and it sounds like the current Mizukage too) had firmly turned away from those practices.

What Kishimoto is writing really resonates with me, what happens in his Rain Country is very like the Vietnam War. I wasn't even born when that war started, and was only about 8 1/2 when I watched the news coverage of the fall of Saigon, but seeing the what and why actually reported on the news seared into my soul the absolute wrongness and uselessness of war. Seeing on the news the peace treaty signed between Egypt and Israel- because Anwar Sadat of Egypt, passionately believed this peace was possible, with a country his country had been at war with for years. Begin of Israel was more bitter and cynical but he finally agreed and the peace accord that still stands today was signed. Anwar Sadat paid with his life for his belief (he was assassinated by a Muslim extremist in 1981, but Egypt's vice president refused to be afraid and did not back away from the accord.)

Look at the US and Japan as well. The WWII adult generation of both countries have a lot anger and bitterness toward each other- I remember in the early 1980's how that generation in this country expressed this through destroying imported Japanese cars and expressing lots of hostility toward the Japanese. Even those that were children during WWII (my parents generation) expressed some distrust and some hostility toward the Japanese (Pearl Harbor, Bataan Death March were oftened mentioned, and little to no sympathy was expressed toward the many thousands of civilian victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.) The baby boom generation was the first generation that did so in any significant numbers. For my generation the sympathy comes easy for those victims, and strong doubt over the official government reason given for the atomic bomb drops. This is what happens over generations- former enemies understand each other more and more, and interactions become more and more constructive and positive.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#12 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

If what you said was true then the British would still be fighting the French, Spanish and the US, etc... The truth is real lasting peace is possible. Is it easy, no. One has to see the pain of the other side and and swallow your own bitterness over the pain you've endured.

QFT and Win

And for those curious the hug is most likely as i thought itd be ep 175 that should make it 395 episodes in total.

the list of upcoming episodes

2010-08-12 173. The Birth of Pain

2010-08-19 174. The Tale of Naruto Uzumaki

2010-08-26 175. The Hero of the Leaf Village

2010-09-02 176. Iruka the Novice Teacher

2010-09-09 177. Iruka's Trials

and on a fun note The Voice of Obito Uchiha will be none other then Vic"who you callin short!!" Mignola

slight edit to get my episode count correct lol laugh.gif

Edited by catsi563, 07 August 2010 - 09:45 PM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#13 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Aug 7 2010, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

blargh, more filler

#14 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Aug 7 2010, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT and Win

And for those curious the hug is most likely as i thought itd be ep 175 that should make it 395 episodes in total.

the list of upcoming episodes

2010-08-12 173. The Birth of Pain

2010-08-19 174. The Tale of Naruto Uzumaki

2010-08-26 175. The Hero of the Leaf Village

and on a fun note The Voice of Obito Uchiha will be none other then Vic"who you callin short!!" Mignola

slight edit to get my episode count correct lol laugh.gif

Yay for Vic Mignogna. a_dance.gif

Is it just me, or does Vic seem to be in a lot more viz dub animes then usual. Ikkaku from Bleach (that was since he made his appearance in the anime a while ago) Yoshimori from Kekkaishi, and even some guy from vampire knight.

Though the downer here is that Obito is dead so he isn't voicing a recurring character. sad.gif

I hope Kishi makes a recurring character that Vic could voice perfectly, he's just that awesome. shamefulcry0js.gif

#15 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Aug 7 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blargh, more filler

I know what you mean, here's the summaries for the filler episodes from Narutofan:

Novice Teacher Iruka

Iruka is looking at the destroyed Acamedy after Pain's invasion.
He remembers the good old days at the academy when Naruto was a kid.
Back then he was a newbie teacher and was pressured by the 3rd Hokage Hiruzen.
Iruka did not know what to do with the dead last Naruto. Since Iruka's parents where killed by the Kyuubi ...
Trying to supress that hatred, Iruka tries to get close to Naruto.

Iruka's trial.

Trying to face the class top student Sasuke, Naruto made a fool out of himself.
Since Iruka lost his parents 16 years ago during the Kyuubi's attack, he couldn't bring himself to approach Naruto.
For Iruka, Naruto was just a kid who was doing pranks and painted the school everywhere.
Iruka loses his self confidence as a teacher and ask Hiruzen to be removed of this class.
But Hiruzen refuses coldly and bluntly.

I feel pretty meh about this filler arc.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#16 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Aug 9 2010, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel pretty meh about this filler arc.

In my POV, The animator could still do something more interesting then the yondaime filler episode but, like always, I don't expect to much from these episodes.

#17 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:56 AM

This new filler sound so boring man, seriously, even a extremely cliche valentine day special would look better than this, I mean, Iruka having flashbacks about the old days in the academy were nothing interesting happened.... no words for that. Why animators, what have we done to you guys to deserve this? arg.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#18 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 8 2010, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This new filler sound so boring man, seriously, even a extremely cliche valentine day special would look better than this, I mean, Iruka having flashbacks about the old days in the academy were nothing interesting happened.... no words for that. Why animators, what have we done to you guys to deserve this? arg.gif

You wanna know why they do this. fu.png

This is........

I'm gonna play that video every chance I can get. laugh.gif

#19 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 9 2010, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You wanna know why they do this. fu.png

This is........

I'm gonna play that video every chance I can get. laugh.gif

laugh.gif Something tell me that you'll have the change to bring that video a lot. The animator seem to like filler episode just to annoy us dry.gif

WHYYYYY THEY HAVE TO RUIN THE BEST MOMENT OF THE MANGA BY MAKING THOSE STUPID FILLER EPISODES arg.gif

#20 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:44 AM

Damn more fillers... I wish they would get back to the main storyline so we can finally see the NaruSaku hug dammit! argh1.png

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users