Close
Photo

Good NaruSaku fics are slowly dying. Agree?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#61 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Shourai @ Jun 13 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You forgot the ones that have NaruHarem (which, if you think about it logically, is completely out of character for him), most fics listed as NaruSaku that I've come across have that. I hate it; I don't even search for NS fics anymore. >.<

Yeah, I have forgot a few laugh.gif
NaruHarem is multiple girls, right? unsure.gif
I just click Sakura and see what pairings show up on ff.net usually.
smile.gif

Edited by Xabsol, 13 June 2009 - 04:47 PM.

#62 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Xabsol @ Jun 13 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As long as they have a good storyline, not 'written by dyslexic kids' and I can find one that does not contain either SasuIno or slight hints of NaruHina, im fine. a_thumbs.gif

Well i'm usually fine as long as Sasuke isn't involved in anyway... a_thumbs.gif Why couldn't Kishi have Itachi as the member of Team 7, and Sasuke as the Phycho who killed his clan? shamefulcry0js.gif

The problem is the storyline, too many plot devices are recycled, that you wonder if why you are getting a sense of Deja-Vu when reading the fic. Also allot of times they don't think the story through, they get an idea for a fic and they run with it, not really thinking beyond the first few chapters and then the story just goes pear shaped.

QUOTE (Shourai @ Jun 13 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You forgot the ones that have NaruHarem (which, if you think about it logically, is completely out of character for him), most fics listed as NaruSaku that I've come across have that. I hate it; I don't even search for NS fics anymore. >.<

I can handle Harem fics if they make sense, and the story is worth reading, but not one that has 10+ girls in the harem and the author actually tries to make it sound realistic, not gonna happen, even if it's his duty to restore his entire clan. (and if that is the case how come most of these fics don't have Sasuke in the same predicament?

Edited by harry4e, 13 June 2009 - 05:02 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#63 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 13 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well i'm usually fine as long as Sasuke isn't involved in anyway... a_thumbs.gif Why couldn't Kishi have Itachi as the member of Team 7, and Sasuke as the Phycho who killed his clan? shamefulcry0js.gif

The problem is the storyline, too many plot devices are recycled, that you wonder if why you are getting a sense of Deja-Vu when reading the fic. Also allot of times they don't think the story through, they get an idea for a fic and they run with it, not really thinking beyond the first few chapters and then the story just goes pear shaped.

Ha, when you mensioned Itachi being a member of Team 7, biggrin.gif.
everything else was so true!

#64 Shourai

Shourai

Young Esperantist

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Xabsol @ Jun 13 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I have forgot a few laugh.gif
NaruHarem is multiple girls, right? unsure.gif
I just click Sakura and see what pairings show up on ff.net usually.
smile.gif

Yeah, NaruHarem is where he gets with (usually sleeps with) several girls one right after the other. It's incredibly annoying when you want a good, long, purely-NaruSaku fic.

Ah, I usually do the same; whenever I click Naruto for pairings to come up, it's usually either NaruHina, NaruHarem, NaruSasu, or NaruOC. Ugh. arg.gif

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 13 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
even if it's his duty to restore his entire clan. (and if that is the case how come most of these fics don't have Sasuke in the same predicament?

The 'duty' reason doesn't exactly make sense either; duty usually implies something that can be seen as respectable or honorable, and impregnating random girls is neither of those. Besides, why couldn't he just restore his clan with one girl?

Edited by Shourai, 13 June 2009 - 06:47 PM.

#65 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Shourai @ Jun 13 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 'duty' reason doesn't exactly make sense either; duty usually implies something that can be seen as respectable or honorable, and impregnating random girls is neither of those. Besides, why couldn't he just restore his clan with one girl?

I agree, the duty to restore Sasuke 's or Naruto's clan is a stupid reason too have it become a Harem. I find that most Harem fics disturbing myself that men think it is alright to treat woman like objects. The one girl I say is just find with me lol.

NaruOC. Fics

rawr.gif Me too I hate them with a passion. They need to get a real boyfirend if they are that disparate.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 13 June 2009 - 07:54 PM.

#66 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 13 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, the duty to restore Sasuke 's or Naruto's clan is a stupid reason too have it become a Harem. I find that most Harem fics disturbing myself that men think it is alright to treat woman like objects. The one girl I say is just find with me lol.

rawr.gif Me too I hate them with a passion. They need to get a real boyfirend if they are that disparate.

Me three, I hate NarutoOC I hate all of the WhoeverxOc fics.. a_thumbs.gif

#67 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

I dont think it is slowly dying, NaruSaku has never really been that popular compared to NaruSasu or NaruHina. Fanfics in general are a dime a dozen, so finding good ones are hard to come by period.

I have noticed that a lot of NaruSaku shippers are very anti-Sasuke and I have never seen why. I personally like the character and in a sense I have some strange views on it anyways. I have been a little partial to NaruSakuSasu stories tongue.gif

Edited by Sir Whirly, 13 June 2009 - 10:45 PM.

#68 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jun 13 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have noticed that a lot of NaruSaku shippers are very anti-Sasuke and I have never seen why. I personally like the character and in a sense I have some strange views on it anyways. I have been a little partial to NaruSakuSasu stories tongue.gif

Must've been because of his betrayal, or all around arrogance with his "holier than thou" attitude. If not that, then I have no idea... other than for Sakura's crush on him changing her personality.

I used to like Sasuke, but when it got closer to the VotE, eh... my like died off. I won't explain why since I can't even word it properly xD

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#69 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Jun 13 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must've been because of his betrayal, or all around arrogance with his "holier than thou" attitude. If not that, then I have no idea... other than for Sakura's crush on him changing her personality.

I used to like Sasuke, but when it got closer to the VotE, eh... my like died off. I won't explain why since I can't even word it properly xD

Nah I can understand that. Hmm... I think my faith in him isn't skewed because I know in the end, Naruto will save him.

#70 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jun 13 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had no problem with him before Itachi showed his face.

I hate his guts now he tried to kill Naruto, his best friend. I am really sick of, how everyone thinks, he cooler then Naruto the main character of the story. He's borderline insane with power and he'll do anything to get that power.

That is why I hate him.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 14 June 2009 - 03:25 PM.

#71 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:08 AM

Well we all know the best place to find good great NaruSaku fics is right above this thread. fu.png

#72 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 14 2009, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well we all know the best place to find good great NaruSaku fics is right above this thread. fu.png

WARNING! SHAMELESS PLUG! laugh.gif

#73 spazzgirl

spazzgirl

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:I Love narusaku, they're so cute together<br /><br />I love writing stories and making videos<br /><br />unforutantely my bf likes to stalk me because he likes to get an account from a website that i have one <br /><br />I'd say that music is my life, it help express whatever emotions i'm feeling<br /><br />I can't draw for Sh*t (unless i'm really bored)<br /><br />I'm also a friendly person, except when i'm hyper then i'm just plain crazy

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

I totally agreed
I've been a veteran on fanfic.net (username there is spazzgirl) I've been seeing a lot of new NaruSaku fics comming in and some of them I feel are being rushed, some people just don't take the time to make up a good fic. A story is all about the flow and not about rushing. I really think that not a lot of people don't care about how they write their NaruSaku fics

#74 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:47 AM

This is amazing! I truly agree with the fact that the crap fanfiction is piling up and all the good ones are being buried at the bottom. So much so, in fact, that I joined H & E and began posting in the library right away to try and bring some fresh fics along.

Now, I'm not sure if they're really what you all are looking for, but if you just click http://www.narusaku....er.php?uid=8496 then you can see what I've written, and hopefully you'd agree that they're part of a better generation of Naruto fanfics.

But yeah, some of the writers who've given up really need to start writing again.

#75 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

Well I totally have to agree with pretty much everything that has been said already. It is difficult to find quality fics and I am sad to say that I read most already.. at least those that I deem good and enjoyable. Also the appearance of new quality fics are an issue because it takes time to write something well, and I bet most people get eventually discouraged and end up never posting or updating.

Oh and not to mention that the way the Manga is currently developing is most likely annoying a lot of old die hard Naruto fans. I spoke to a lot and they no longer like the series and stopped following it. Some were writers too.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

You can find me here on FF.net.

Each topic brought to you with at least 1 spelling error.

#76 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:08 AM

Not enough people right quality stories.
And those who do don't always finish them.
BLACK AND WHITE

#77 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:20 AM

Dun worry :O i will soon write a good fanfiction, with suspense, love, passion, and destruction of all sorts that your mind will be blogging and you will wonder...

WTF????...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#78 Devil Keyz

Devil Keyz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:48 AM

^^ CANT WAIT!

#79 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:34 AM

I have to agree, the number of truly good NS fics are definitely dwindling. But honestly, I think the quality of everything has gone down over the past couple years...I haven't played a RPG with a decent story since FFX...I swear it seems like nearly no one takes pride in what they do anymore...
For the most part I have to agree with the statement that most OCs are terrible, however, I did read a recent x-over fic with an OC I liked. It was a naruto/world of warcraft x-over fic (extremely long and still ongoing it's supposed to eventually be narusakuOC) named "The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto: A Beginning" on FF.net if anyone is interested.
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#80 NaruSaku93

NaruSaku93

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:39 AM

yeah, i do have to admit that while the number of narusaku fics are going up, the quality is slowly decreasing. today, i was reading some and it seemed that they lacked a lot of depth in them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users