756 replies to this topic

#61 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

And if that wasn't enough, the hug from Sakura is the delectable icing on the cake. The cherry on top. Because when you think about it, other than his parents, Sakura is the only one who gave Naruto a hug willingly. She was the only one who initiated it. Naruto didn't hug her. She hugged Naruto.

Yeah... Do you agree that if the manga ends there, she loves Naruto? I don't see any other interpretation. Kishi just decided to weigh her down with this dreadful Sasuke fixation because he didn't want to resolve the pairing that soon. Up until this point, Sakura wasn't suffering that much over Sasuke. She did chastise Sai for insulting him, but Naruto made an even bigger deal out of it and actually hated Sai for it to begin with, while Sakura was fine with him. She would still have cared a lot about Sasuke, but at this point she would have decided that she wanted to be with Naruto. It's bulls*** that Kishimoto gave her all this attachment and dependency to Sasuke that there was no hint of before.

Sakura was rational and acted in a completely realistic fashion up until Kage Summit. She wanted to save Sasuke, but she cared more about Naruto. If Sasuke walks back into Konoha the day after Pain's defeat and is like "Hey, I defeated Itachi. I'm back and I'm not evil anymore, guys." Sakura would have been like "That's great, Sasuke-kun. Naruto will be so happy. Let me go tell him."

And she would go tell Naruto that and then Naruto would confess to Sakura as he said he would and Sakura would smile and say she loves him too.

Edited by DrK, 29 November 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#62 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:38 PM

I'm still wondering why Kishi did it. Was he offered a lot of money by Pierot? Did he gave in to his editors and fans demands? Or was it he got tired of his own work and decided to kitten it up? I would never get tire of my own manga because it's my life's work. Kishi put 15 years of his life for this series I really don't want to believe he got tired of it. Maybe he got sicked of the shipping wars and decided to please the majority.

I think personally that basically everyone around him just constantly talked about NH. So while he was really against the idea at first (You can tell from that interview where he said "But Sakura's not Hinata"), over time he got brainwashed into it. It's really hard to be the only one that is for something when everyone else is against you. So eventually he's like "Oh well, I guess. It won't be that bad." But it was. It was so bad.

I said this before in other threads and I'll say again. Way back in the beginning, Masashi stated at the time that he goes after the money while his brother, Seishi, go for the actual work during his interviews in the manga (which remember it was a bunch back in Part I but during the middle of Part II, it somehow stopped). I willing to believe that the higher ups of Studio Pierrot offered a huge amount of money to him because of the alleged rumor that he was going back and forth during the Road to Ninja production and they were heated. So during The Last production, it was a retaliation towards him. I also think that Shueisha has something to do with too. Judging that they believed that Hinata need to be front and center at the last minute would be a good marketing move for the franchise, I wondered what the hell they were smoking.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#63 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:39 PM

I said this before in other threads and I'll say again. Way back in the beginning, Masashi stated at the time that he goes after the money while his brother, Seishi, go for the actual work during his interviews in the manga (which remember it was a bunch back in Part I but during the middle of Part II, it somehow stopped). I willing to believe that the higher ups of Studio Pierrot offered a huge amount of money to him because of the alleged rumor that he was going back and forth during the Road to Ninja production and they were heated. So during The Last production, it was a retaliation towards him. I also think that Shueisha has something to do with too. Judging that they believed that Hinata need to be front and center at the last minute would be a good marketing move, I wonder what they were smoking.

Has anyone ever asked Seishi what he thinks of everything that happened with the ending? I mean, I doubt he would choose to trash his brother in an interview, but at the same time, given how passionate he seems to be I doubt he'd say "It was really good"

#64 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:59 PM

Has anyone ever asked Seishi what he thinks of everything that happened with the ending? I mean, I doubt he would choose to trash his brother in an interview, but at the same time, given how passionate he seems to be I doubt he'd say "It was really good"

I've been wondering about that for a long time, it's really weird that we pretty got a perspective on everyone when it came to the Naruto endings, but  out of everyone Seishi is the only person that's never really said anything about it or been asked for that matter. Closest thing we ever get from Seishi is announcement that he's doing another series. That's about it. 

Truth be told I feel really bad for Seishi cause he puts in a lot of effort into his stories, and it shows too, O-Parts Hunter, Blazer Drive (despite being rushed), and Sukedachi 9. I think it's also kinda interesting how there is a Sakura like character in Blazer Drive... I mean take a look: 

tamaki-blazer-drive-1786.jpg    

37410.jpg

if Anyone curious, that's Tamaki from Blazer Drive, fyi second image is from the blazer drive ds game.

Edited by LuckyChi7, 29 November 2017 - 11:00 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#65 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

Truth be told I feel really bad for Seishi cause he puts in a lot of effort into his stories, and it shows too, O-Parts Hunter, Blazer Drive (despite being rushed), and Sukedachi 9. I think it's also kinda interesting how there is a Sakura like character in Blazer Drive... I mean take a look: 

He should have told his brother to stop treating his female characters like s***.

Edited by DrK, 29 November 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#66 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:23 PM

He should have told his brother to stop treating his female characters like s***.

Maybe he did say that to him away from the media lol 

#67 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

I've been wondering about that for a long time, it's really weird that we pretty got a perspective on everyone when it came to the Naruto endings, but  out of everyone Seishi is the only person that's never really said anything about it or been asked for that matter. Closest thing we ever get from Seishi is announcement that he's doing another series. That's about it. 

37410.jpg

if Anyone curious, that's Tamaki from Blazer Drive, fyi second image is from the blazer drive ds game.

Sukedachi 9 is actually reaaaaally good. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#68 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Sukedachi 9 is actually reaaaaally good. 

would be nice to get the volumes localized in the states. 

#69 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

Hey (if memory serves me right since its ending)  Failuremoto (I've named him worst but rather not say lol) stated in one of his "divine interviews" that his wife was pissed at him for not going with NS bc she saw Sakura in her or something like that so you never know  :zaru: .

37410.jpg

Surprisingly this character looks like something the NS female child would look like, Sakura's hair color Naruto's blue eyes and a mix of their facial structure and spiky hair shape lol, Maybe its a hint!?  :zaru:

P.S I haven't bothered with this Naruto kitten since its freaking atrocious ending but for some reason I just felt like dropping by XD. Its nice to see some of the old members here and some new ones of course cheers to all of you XD.    

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#70 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

Pls you just came to stalk me  :pimp:

#71 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Pls you just came to stalk me  :pimp:

I had no idea you were here!!! I was just bored as hell after I pulled my ligaments on my leg again!!!  :argh:.

But Hey..............

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#72 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

I had no idea you were here!!! I was just bored as hell after I pulled my ligaments on my leg again!!!  :argh:.

But Hey..............

XD Dude. Seriously? Then again, I've flirted some with Tricksie before... So I ain't innocent

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 30 November 2017 - 12:55 AM.

#73 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:16 AM

XD Dude. Seriously? Then again, I've flirted some with Tricksie before... So I ain't innocent

I kitten you not  :hehehe: . Hahahaha!!! Ah! Those were the good old days  :sweat: .

Posted Image                                                            

#74 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:20 AM

I kitten you not  :hehehe: . Hahahaha!!! Ah! Those were the good old days  :sweat: .

Well they are not gone just so long as we do not let them die, am I right?

#75 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:25 AM

First Shippuden meeting.

Naruto-Chapter2451_zps374723fe.png

Naruto-Chapter2452_zps36db6f56.png

Naruto-Chapter2453_zpsff3a3332.png

Naruto-Chapter2454_zps0faf6e54.png

Naruto-Chapter2456_zpsc459c78a.png

Naruto-Chapter2457_zpsa883f225.png

Naruto-Chapter2458_zpsa8625b3c.png

Naruto-Chapter2459_zps5f891914.png

Naruto-Chapter24510_zps05afba2f.png

Naruto-Chapter24511_zps32399833.png

Naruto-Chapter2461_zpseda25f40.png

Naruto-Chapter2463_zpsac89e57f.png

Naruto-Chapter2464_zps35ff2781.png

Naruto-Chapter2465_zps254e71ea.png

Naruto-Chapter2466_zpsa3e6e680.png

Naruto-Chapter2467_zps3e0e4e44.png

Naruto-Chapter2468_zps0fd36c76.png

After this they work together to defeat Kakashi. It's self explanatory, so I'm going to cut down on the number of images used.

So, what happens here? Finally, I get to talk about what Naruto thinks. Naruto returns and runs into Sakura. Sakura is impressed at how much he has grown and she blushes. She then asks what he thinks of her appearance. He says she looks the same as always. Then there is the comic relief with the perverted jutsu and Sakura punching Naruto. Then they fight Kakashi together and continue to be impressed by each other.

You'll notice that in a lot of these panels, they react the exact same way to things with the same expressions. This is a rather charming effect and shows how similar the two of them are on a basic level, even if outwardly they're quite different.

There isn't a huge amount of stuff to explain about the events, so I am going to talk about some general ideas as well that apply to Naruto and Sakura rather than just this situation. Starting now.

Why did Sakura blush upon seeing Naruto? Because she's attracted to him? It's really not complicated. She's starting to kinda like Naruto. This is important for a point I will make later that is fairly devastating.

Why does Sakura punch Naruto when he does dumb s***? You know, I'm not going to bother with the obvious answer (She's a tsundere.) Instead, I will tell you why Sakura feels such a strong compulsion to do this.

She does it because she cares about Naruto. That sounds counterintuitive, right? Why does she hurt Naruto if she cares about him? It's because she doesn't want him to do dumb stuff. She wants him to be the best Naruto he can be, so she punishes him for being an idiot so that he'll stop being one. Also since she's always with him and is close to him, his behavior is a reflection on her, so she doesn't want him to make her look bad. But it's more so the first reason. She wants to make Naruto a better person because she cares about him.

People should be able to relate to this. If someone you don't care about does something dumb, you just laugh at them or whatever. But if someone you really like does something dumb, this hurts to see. You want them to stop. So Sakura stops him with physical force because she cares.

In the original Japanese, the "wonderful feeling of respect" she had for Naruto actually translated directly as "shining girl's heart". Make of that what you will. I know what I'm making of it.

Explain the other things that happened. Naruto says that Sakura looks the same, because to him, Sakura always looked beautiful. In some other moments, there is an aspect of avoiding flirting with Sakura after the events of the Sasuke Retrieval Arc, because after that he became convinced she would never love him, but I don't think that is at play here. Maybe slightly with the phrasing "You look fine", instead of something stronger, but it could be that he just doesn't want to get punched. Honestly, this isn't that important to me. Naruto could just be being stupid.

Sakura's warm smile: When Naruto does something good, Sakura often has this smile on her face. The meaning of it is that she has a feeling of warmth and happiness seeing that Naruto has come so far. Because she feels invested in his success for some reason that she doesn't really understand. What that is is up to you to determine. Considering the ending, it's absolutely f***ing nothing, but I digress. The one thing that is consistent to every iteration of this smile is that Naruto NEVER sees it. Make of that what you will, but considering the ending, make absolutely nothing of it because it meant nothing. Moving on.

Sakura and Naruto being impressed with one another. Sakura's reaction is pretty self-explanatory, but there's one thing to say about Naruto's. "She could kill me..." is rarely associated with an expression like that for most people. The fact she can kill him actually makes him love her even more, because he loved her when she was weak, and now she's really strong and he thinks that is so cool. Compare this to the scene in War Arc where Sakura punches something and is like "Do you think I'm a weak woman who can't compete with you?" And Naruto just looks like a scared dumbass. It's because Kishimoto removed his love for Sakura. Sorry, Naruto, but you aren't allowed to love her strength anymore. Now you just find it gross and scary, because you're being forced to be with Hinata.

I guess that's all.

Did Naruto love Sakura at this point? Yes.

Did Sakura love Naruto at this point? No, but she's attracted to Naruto and she likes him. I guess I'll talk about another side point here.

The only way SasuSaku can work, and I mean the one and only way, and even certain obnoxious pro-enders will agree with this: Is if Sakura's love is depicted as ridiculously deep and enduring, once-in-a-lifetime type thing. This is because it would take a very unique and strong love to survive all the pain and misery that Sasuke himself and her longing for Sasuke put her through. Oh, I forgot to mention that. She would need to be depicted as longing for Sasuke when he's not there. Which is something that she is never depicted as doing. In actuality she has an awesome time without him. The strongest emotion seen from Sakura regarding Sasuke in pre-war arc Shippuden is her being horrified that he is so evil and at the fact that people need to kill him because he's a criminal.

So after this one simple moment, Kishimoto made that kind of love completely impossible for him to establish. Because she's already emotionally cheating on Sasuke right now. She finds Naruto attractive and likes him ALREADY! That didn't take long. And this happens over and over until the end. Her love was not portrayed as enduring, her love was not portrayed as anything overly special. It was portrayed as selfish and it was portrayed as bad for her and she was portrayed as moving on from it. She thought Naruto was her best friend and she loved Sasuke. But she was wrong. Even as early as the Wave arc she blushed at Naruto. It was never true love to begin with. True love is exclusive, right? I guess she could love both of them, but then how is the love for Sasuke enduring if it couldn't even endure the existence of another dude? It had already failed to endure before Sasuke even tried to kill her or torture her! Now that is pathetic.

This is one of many reasons why SS doesn't work. Say what you want to about NH, I don't think it should have happened either. But at least Hinata was never portrayed as blushing at Kiba.

So what does this mean for NaruSaku? Sakura is starting to like Naruto, and Naruto already loved Sakura. So they're on the way. Not much to say here really. The pairing looked like a strong possibility before this, but after this point, it becomes more and more established and obvious until it becomes ineluctable. And then Kishimoto destroyed everything.

Rating: 3. It's not as bad as other scenes, but it brings to mind several things that are frankly awful to think about in retrospect. For instance, this scene alone establishes more interest from Naruto towards Sakura than he ever showed towards Hinata. And this is only one scene. It makes it obvious that Sakura can't possibly love Sasuke all that much. And it shows that they were a great team that never should have been separated. Unfortunately, they were.

Vlhcfxa.png

Oh, Sakura. Sakura, Sakura, Sakura. You wouldn't be doing that if you knew the terrible retribution the fans will get Kishimoto to visit upon you as a result. If you knew, you'd grab your hand like you just touched a hot stove.

If you knew what they were going to do to you, you would be so horrified, Sakura-chan. But there's nothing I can do to help you. It's already been written. If I could change it, I would. But I'm just someone writing a forum post. I don't have the power to change anything.

But I can explain how f***ed up it is.

Edited by DrK, 30 November 2017 - 07:30 PM.

#76 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

And let's not forget how well Naruto and Sakura together - WITHOUT Sasuke - were able to perform against Kakashi in their bell re-test. If Sasuke had been there, there's no doubt that Sakura's performance would have suffered; either because of Sasuke putting her down at some point, or Sakura worrying more about Sasuke than about completing the test, much like earlier in part one. Heck, if Sasuke had never left, would Sakura have been anywhere near as proactive in improving herself as she was in the story? Very doubtful. It only further shows how Sakura is able to truly shine when Sasuke is ABSENT, and that whenever Sasuke is actually around, it becomes a huge detriment to her.

2e5.gif

#77 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

Well they are not gone just so long as we do not let them die, am I right?

True that in a sense, at least the community is alive and kicking that's what matters XD. 

Posted Image                                                            

#78 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

And let's not forget how well Naruto and Sakura together - WITHOUT Sasuke - were able to perform against Kakashi in their bell re-test. If Sasuke had been there, there's no doubt that Sakura's performance would have suffered; either because of Sasuke putting her down at some point, or Sakura worrying more about Sasuke than about completing the test, much like earlier in part one. Heck, if Sasuke had never left, would Sakura have been anywhere near as proactive in improving herself as she was in the story? Very doubtful. It only further shows how Sakura is able to truly shine when Sasuke is ABSENT, and that whenever Sasuke is actually around, it becomes a huge detriment to her.

Sakura was depicted as Sasuke being a reason that she basically wasted all her time without end in part 1. 

When she asks Tsunade to become an apprentice, she is picturing Naruto and Sasuke side by side, because she wanted to help both of them. If Naruto brought Sasuke back, neither of them would need her help much? So probably not. And this is a very compassionate depiction of Sakura compared to how she was treated later on in terms of abandoning Konoha to be with someone who tried to murder her. But we know this already. And Kishi also failed to be consistent in regards to even Sakura being a hopeless case around Sasuke because she fought him in Orochimaru's base. Basically, nothing about Sakura's portrayal was consistent at all. Except the fact that she was clearly meant to end up with Naruto until Kishimoto muddied the waters in the Kage Summit arc. There is absolutely nothing that makes the reader doubt this before that point, and her lack of conviction comes as a total surprise. It was handled horribly.

Did some wind blow by here? An Opinionated Wind?

Edited by DrK, 30 November 2017 - 03:39 PM.

#79 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

But Hey..............

geez...maybe getting your leg caught in a bear trap will take your mind off the ligaments :umm:

You can be my 2nd Boo :smug:

#80 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

Hey (if memory serves me right since its ending)  Failuremoto (I've named him worst but rather not say lol) stated in one of his "divine interviews" that his wife was pissed at him for not going with NS bc she saw Sakura in her or something like that so you never know  :zaru: .

Surprisingly this character looks like something the NS female child would look like, Sakura's hair color Naruto's blue eyes and a mix of their facial structure and spiky hair shape lol, Maybe its a hint!?  :zaru:

P.S I haven't bothered with this Naruto kitten since its freaking atrocious ending but for some reason I just felt like dropping by XD. Its nice to see some of the old members here and some new ones of course cheers to all of you XD.    

Look who's here XD Now give me your snacks :hehehe:

But Hey..............

Your ligaments again ? :lmao: Let me chop your legs and you'll never have your ligaments pulled again XD

Edited by T XD, 30 November 2017 - 04:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users