756 replies to this topic

#641 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:22 PM

Well, he stood back and let her be gassed. I don't think he can really complain. They both get to be tortured by their mistakes forever, now. Because some people in the US liked Hinata and because SP liked money, but not doing proper market research.

I would find it hard to believe if Boruto made more money than Naruto. I've seen way more people unhappy with the ending than for it.

#642 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:49 PM

Boruto's dad showed more of his old self when talking with Sarada than with Hinatatas and her spawn, and I'm betting it's because of seeing Sakura's influence and secretly wishing it was his kid.

RIGHT and yet SS and NH are called TRUE LOVE!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#643 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

I would find it hard to believe if Boruto made more money than Naruto. I've seen way more people unhappy with the ending than for it.

It will never happen. If someone was exposed to Boruto first and liked it, chances are they would look at the prequel for more content. Naruto will always be at least 5 steps ahead of Boruto.

Edited by winter-serenade, 05 March 2018 - 12:50 AM.

#644 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:58 AM

It will never happen. If someone was exposed to Boruto first and liked it, chances are they would look at the prequel for more content. Naruto will always be at least 5 steps ahead of Boruto.

Yeah, and something tells me if someone comes to Naruto from Boruto, they're gonna be in for a surprise and then end up being like "What the hell?!"

#645 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:34 AM

From what I've seen mentioned here, Boruto isn't even among any top 10 lists or featured prominently on any of the magazine covers, and, compared to Naruto anyway, doing pretty poorly overall. Not exactly "poorly" as in sales are SO low, but rather it's nowhere near what Naruto was selling at its high points, so more average, I guess (which is certainly "poorly" for Shueisha and SP).

2e5.gif

#646 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:35 AM

So did you guys learn anything new from this thread? I certainly did writing it. I tried to pick apart each scene as much as I could and outline why I think he would never have written it this way with the ending he ultimately used. I tried not to worry about reaching too far. Some of the conclusions I came to are certainly subjective. But I believe in them.

For instance, for the point about what it meant that Sakura hugged Naruto in front of Hinata, Analyzer said that it wasn't a big deal because Hinata didn't want to be with Naruto at that time. But I feel that it is unreasonable to assume that Sakura would also make such a logical leap herself, even if that was the case. And I kinda doubt that it was. But at any rate, it's to some extent subjective. The pro ender viewpoint on the events exists as well. It's just not very compelling.

I started to really like Sakura from this, too. I feel like for Naruto, she was a person who would do whatever it takes to make sure he's safe and happy. Which means she did love Naruto. And she wouldn't stand back because of sentimentality, self doubt, fears for her own safety, or even her feelings for Sasuke. I feel like it doesn't even matter if she loves Sasuke. Naruto loves her, so she would pick Naruto. Because for Naruto to be suffering and miserable is something Sakura would never allow. Or that's what I would have thought if I had been paying attention back then.

Retconning his love was not an adequate solution to this, because the way she acted in 693 and 699 is still contradictory. Since she would have no idea that Naruto's feelings for her were retconned.

I'll try to do some more posts analyzing things that I don't think make sense in the thread. But they won't be image heavy.

Edited by DrK, 06 March 2018 - 05:56 AM.

#647 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:24 AM

So did you guys learn anything new from this thread? I certainly did writing it. I tried to pick apart each scene as much as I could and outline why I think he would never have written it this way with the ending he ultimately used. I tried not to worry about reaching too far. Some of the conclusions I came to are certainly subjective. But I believe in them.

For instance, for the point about what it meant that Sakura hugged Naruto in front of Hinata, Analyzer said that it wasn't a big deal because Hinata didn't want to be with Naruto at that time. But I feel that it is unreasonable to assume that Sakura would also make such a logical leap herself, even if that was the case. And I kinda doubt that it was. But at any rate, it's to some extent subjective. The pro ender viewpoint on the events exists as well. It's just not very compelling.

I started to really like Sakura from this, too. I feel like for Naruto, she was a person who would do whatever it takes to make sure he's safe and happy. Which means she did love Naruto. And she wouldn't stand back because of sentimentality, self doubt, fears for her own safety, or even her feelings for Sasuke. I feel like it doesn't even matter if she loves Sasuke. Naruto loves her, so she would pick Naruto. Because for Naruto to be suffering and miserable is something Sakura would never allow. Or that's what I would have thought if I had been paying attention back then.

Retconning his love was not an adequate solution to this, because the way she acted in 693 and 699 is still contradictory. Since she would have no idea that Naruto's feelings for her were retconned.

I'll try to do some more posts analyzing things that I don't think make sense in the thread. But they won't be image heavy.

Didn't want to be with him at the time? What? What kind of delusional person would think that? She admitted she was in love with him right before that during the fight. Sakura embraced Naruto because she actually cared about Naruto. All in all, it made me learn that up until the last chapter, it was so blatant that it would be Naruto and Sakura. So much so that I don't see how anyone could see any other ending.

#648 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:38 AM

Didn't want to be with him at the time? What? What kind of delusional person would think that? She admitted she was in love with him right before that during the fight. Sakura embraced Naruto because she actually cared about Naruto. All in all, it made me learn that up until the last chapter, it was so blatant that it would be Naruto and Sakura. So much so that I don't see how anyone could see any other ending.

I guess the exact argument was that Hinata wasn't TRYING to be with him at the time. She just wanted to explain her feelings, and was not trying to initiate something. She didn't wish to start a relationship yet. I mean it's the case that that she wasn't trying to ask him out via getting owned by Pain. But it seems silly to take that and use it as a defense for what Sakura did. I find it really unlikely that Sakura would look at the situation that way. "It's OK if I hug him even though I only want Sasuke, since Hinata was just telling him how she felt. I won't be alienating her or denying Naruto a chance to talk to this great girl about her feelings. So I'm going to hug him now."

I think that if she loved Sasuke and did not love Naruto she should have been the one standing back with a smile, not Hinata. It's the logical thing to happen. And Sakura was characterized as being quite caring towards others. You also have to consider that it's what Kishi chose to show, and that goes beyond what Sakura's thought process would have been. He chose to focus on that. To me, there is very little room to get around that hug. It's damning just like the Minato scene and the bridge scene are. Shouldn't have happened if he wanted that ending.

Edited by DrK, 06 March 2018 - 07:10 AM.

#649 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:16 PM

I learned a lot of things and enjoyed reading this. I also want to look at things from a deeper perspective which is why I’m rereading the manga. I look forward to more!

#650 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

I guess the exact argument was that Hinata wasn't TRYING to be with him at the time. She just wanted to explain her feelings, and was not trying to initiate something. She didn't wish to start a relationship yet. I mean it's the case that that she wasn't trying to ask him out via getting owned by Pain. But it seems silly to take that and use it as a defense for what Sakura did. I find it really unlikely that Sakura would look at the situation that way. "It's OK if I hug him even though I only want Sasuke, since Hinata was just telling him how she felt. I won't be alienating her or denying Naruto a chance to talk to this great girl about her feelings. So I'm going to hug him now."

I think that if she loved Sasuke and did not love Naruto she should have been the one standing back with a smile, not Hinata. It's the logical thing to happen. And Sakura was characterized as being quite caring towards others. You also have to consider that it's what Kishi chose to show, and that goes beyond what Sakura's thought process would have been. He chose to focus on that. To me, there is very little room to get around that hug. It's damning just like the Minato scene and the bridge scene are. Shouldn't have happened if he wanted that ending.

Then she wouldn't have confessed her love mid-battle. Also, even if she didn't want to be with Naruto, she probably should have been the one to embrace him after, not Sakura if they were going for those end pairings all along which I highly doubt. Frankly, I think the people who died during the Pain Arc should have stayed dead. I hate SP and Kishimoto for making me feel like I wasted 15 years of my life reading this crap.

Edited by jak123, 06 March 2018 - 03:24 PM.

#651 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:00 PM

If Sasuke and Sakura did get married....somehow....this is how it went.

Sakura: "Don't you all get it, can;t you see Naruto loves me?"
SS fandom and the writers: "Excuse me, we are trying to conduct a wedding here which has nothing to do with love....please be quiet."

Sasuke looking like Prince Valium: "Yawn"

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#652 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:15 PM

SS fandom and the writers: "Excuse me, we are trying to conduct a wedding here which has nothing to do with love....please be quiet."

lol oh god James this is so damn true.

#653 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

ROFL!! Damn, that's WAY too accurate, James XD

#654 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:19 PM

I can say without  a doubt and a hint of Irony that I actually imagine their wedding to be like that :yes: although I will forever hold SP's own troll, money grubbing, Hinata fapping logic against them by saying OH but isn't Sakura actually HAPPY WITH the wedding since Naruto only saw her as a trophy to WIN FROM SASUKE!!!??? 

I don't actually care about logical consistency of "Hinata the First movie" I'm just NEVER GONNA LET THEM FORGET their audience alienating Blemish, then have the GALL TO pretend it never happened and have Sakura say she and Naruto were SO EMOTIONALLY CLOSE that he is more than Family to her :lmao:  :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 March 2018 - 09:37 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#655 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

I can say without  a doubt and a hint of Irony that I actually imagine their wedding to be like that :yes: although I will forever hold SP's own troll, money grubbing, Hinata fapping logic against them by saying OH but isn't Sakura actually HAPPY WITH the wedding since Naruto only saw her as a trophy to WIN FROM SASUKE!!!??? 

I don't actually care about logical consistency of "Hinata the First movie" I'm just NEVER GONNA LET THEM FORGET their audience alienating Blemish, then have the GALL TO pretend it never happened and have Sakura say she and NAruto were SO EMOTIONALLY CLOSE that he is more than Family to her :lmao:  :zaru:

Yeah the whole "loves me because rivalry" thing pissed me off.

#656 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:13 PM

I don't actually care about logical consistency of "Hinata the First movie" I'm just NEVER GONNA LET THEM FORGET their audience alienating Blemish, then have the GALL TO pretend it never happened and have Sakura say she and Naruto were SO EMOTIONALLY CLOSE that he is more than Family to her :lmao:  :zaru:

Is this before or after Sakura tells Salad that Her and Naruto are "more than just friends and family?"

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#657 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

Is this before or after Sakura tells Salad that Her and Naruto are "more than just friends and family?"

Before I think, but I don't really give a damn, so who knows if I'm right or not? :P

#658 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

Before I think, but I don't really give a damn, so who knows if I'm right or not? :P

Wait, Sakura told her daughter from Sasuke that she is "more than friends" with another man?  Seriously kitten SP for pushing that kind of kitten when they gave us that kitten ending.

#659 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

Wait, Sakura told her daughter from Sasuke that she is "more than friends" with another man?  Seriously kitten SP for pushing that kind of kitten when they gave us that kitten ending.

She said more than family, which is an even more interesting turn of phrase. If you want to emphasize the supposed non-romantic nature of it she could have said they literally WERE family. But being more than family is obviously something else. I don't know what exactly. Why did they have her say that? I don't know that either, but she was right. She had a very special bond with Naruto. So why did she marry Sasuke? It's not like she was more than family with Sasuke. She had a crush on him 18 years ago.

Edited by DrK, 18 March 2018 - 07:01 PM.

#660 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:24 PM

She said more than family, which is an even more interesting turn of phrase. If you want to emphasize the supposed non-romantic nature of it she could have said they literally WERE family. But being more than family is obviously something else. I don't know what exactly. Why did they have her say that? I don't know that either, but she was right. She had a very special bond with Naruto. So why did she marry Sasuke? It's not like she was more than family with Sasuke. She had a crush on him 18 years ago.

That's like admitting "Oh, Naruto was my true love, but I felt "bad" for Hinata because of the writers."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users