56 replies to this topic

#1 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Its been asked a million times, but I have this feeling that Naruto dying is still a possibility, I understand its a shonen, but a lot signs point towards his death. For starters it seems like anything and everything he uses can end up killing him, wind ras, shadow clone kyuubi ( Srry if these aren't correct anymore)

And he said he wont be Hokage until Sasuke comes back, which might not happen, if sasuke dies then naruto fails and he wont accept. He also told Sasuke that he would die with him next time they fight.

Itachi told Naruto that to become hokage he needs everyone acceptance not the other way around so what if in death Naruto becomes accepted ( i know he already is) but he becomes like an honoery hokage thru death, this can be ties in with the statement above.

Just a few thoughts, what do u guys think?

#2 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

The only situation I see Naruto dying in is if, say, he and Sasuke team up to defeat Madara, and Madara shoots an attack as Sasuke, but Naruto takes the hit. Naruto would be dead, but then he would see his loved ones like Jiraiya and his parents in the afterlife. They would tell him it's not his time, and he would come back to life or something. Either that or he fights Sasuke in the end, is hit with an attack, and goes through the same scenario.

Another possibility would be some sort of flash forward into the distant future in the finale where Naruto died some time ago and is known as a legendary hero. If there's going to be a downer ending where he dies young or something (which I find extremely unlikely), he has to become Hokage first.

Edited by sardns, 27 February 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#3 Musicmanoful

Musicmanoful

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Supporting the best pairing in Naruto

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

I highly doubt it. I think that since the manga is called Naruto, he is the main character and things will always turn out good for him one way or another. Naruto becoming hokage has been stressed throughout the whole entire series and it is not probable that he will die and never fulfill one of his lifelong goals.

Although Naruto said that they will both die if they fight each other, I honestly believe that this is just for buildup and suspense. Just like right now, we are wondering if he will die because of what Naruto said.

The chances of Naruto being killed can change however. If kishimoto decides to close up every single plot hole and conclude his relationships with other characters before the Sasuke fight, then there MIGHT be a chance that he can die.

The problem with him being killed off is that what will happen after the fight? I can't see a way that kishimoto can continue the story afterwards. Unless he just ends the manga right after the fight, final sentences on the battlefield.

I just think that it would give off a bad feeling towards the reader and it would be much more rewarding if Naruto succeeds and accomplishes his goals. (Sakura's heart included) dry.gif
NaruSaku

#4 Kakashi-Sensei

Kakashi-Sensei

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

i think it may be a possibility at is final fight with Sasuke but if it happens
- He would not be Hokage
- He would not save Sasuke
- He wound not get Sakura

so he would fail all of is objectifs.. , i don't really want a ending like this. Well he could also sacrifice iself to protect the aliance of Madara and Obito , or even protect Sasuke and maybe turn on some light in is heart.

300x300.jpg

#5 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Ah yes. The whole "Naruto will die" prediction again. I will admit, being a fan of Naruto, I had a very brief panic attack when he told Sasuke they would end up dying together (For both him and Sasuke. I love both of their characters somehow) but then I realized it wasn't much of a concern. Naruto won't die and if he does, it won't be permanent. Almost like how Harry Potter died in the last book to help kill Voldemort but he still came back for the last fight. If Naruto does die, it'll essentially be the same as when Harry did (almost). He won't stay dead.

If he dies without succeding all of the goals he plans to carry out, then it really ruins the moral of the story. The whole point for him is to become Hokage. He can't die before that happens after so much emphasis. It's even worse if Naruto gets killed by Sasuke who he promised to save from darkness. It's just ... not Kishi. Not at all. For overcoming all odds that Naruto is so known to do, it would be kind of anti-climatic if he doesn't overcome death and just dies at such a young age. Either way, it puts a less accomplished feeling towards the end of everything that has happened so far. I know Kishimoto's known for asspulls and has done some tragic stuff, but this one I can't picture. Especially since Naruto has said twice "I won't die until I become Hokage!" There might be a near-death though, like the one in the OVA. I can see that happening, seems right up Kishi's alley.

I'm not concerned. The whole "We'll both gonna die!" speech was misleading. Naruto will not die, not when he still has so many more goals to achieve. Sasuke though ... different story. Chances of him dying or living are 50/50 at this point.

Didn't Kishimoto confirm Naruto would have a son named Shinachiku? That's leaning towards the "He will live" ending. So, if he does die, he's not dying a virgin. a_shifty.gif a_thumbs.gif

LMAO, I had to. XD

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 27 February 2013 - 04:11 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#6 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Konan-sama @ Feb 26 2013, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Naruto dies, NARUTO dies.

Time for a Sasuke spinoff. Obviously.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#7 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Feb 27 2013, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time for a Sasuke spinoff. Obviously.

What would be the difference?

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#8 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

no or he's taking sasuke with him.....and we all know kishi won't kill sasuke XD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#9 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 27 2013, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What would be the difference?

Hm, you're right. How about Akamaru? He's the most interesting character in the series so far.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#10 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (bthug @ Feb 27 2013, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its been asked a million times, but I have this feeling that Naruto dying is still a possibility, I understand its a shonen, but a lot signs point towards his death. For starters it seems like anything and everything he uses can end up killing him, wind ras, shadow clone kyuubi ( Srry if these aren't correct anymore)

And he said he wont be Hokage until Sasuke comes back, which might not happen, if sasuke dies then naruto fails and he wont accept. He also told Sasuke that he would die with him next time they fight.

Itachi told Naruto that to become hokage he needs everyone acceptance not the other way around so what if in death Naruto becomes accepted ( i know he already is) but he becomes like an honoery hokage thru death, this can be ties in with the statement above.

I had this doubt but after what kishi done i think it's impossible.
Because if Naruto dies, Madara's speech becames valid "In the world, people have to lose in order for other people win" in other words, Naruto dying means he lose, how can Naruto change the world, "world of winners" if he has to lose?

All the other hokages failed because they died sacrificing themselves for some reason becoming true what Madara said, if Naruto has to die does not make any sense at all his wish to change the world because he would fail like the other hokages.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 27 February 2013 - 10:53 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#11 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Easy answer, No.

Naruto's role as a hero is breaking cycles, he will succeed. If he and Sasuke die well, no more Kurama who he just became friends with and no more uchiha clan. Naruto himself would have failed like all his predecessors which is something we don't need. Yes there can be a big wounding moment where he is conflicted and near death but with Sasuke, the point as I see it is that it will be the opposite.

Naruto will succeed, there is no point in him failing.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#12 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I think Kishi made all this "We'll both gonna die!" just to add tension to the last fight between Naruto and Sasuke, for make us doubt and to fear the outcome of that fight , in short .. to let things more interesting.

Sig by karudoll

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,986 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

I say no. but I won't deny the possibility of yes.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#14 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yea I don't think he will die either, but just to bring up another point Kishi always talks about the future generation, so what if the ending is a story recap of after he dies and is being told by his kid or something. I'd much rather just see a somewhat older Naruto(hokage) married to Sakura with kids, who are on their way to like the chunin exams or something smile.gif

#15 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (bthug @ Feb 27 2013, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its been asked a million times,

It has, but I still don't see this happening.

but I have this feeling that Naruto dying is still a possibility, I understand its a shonen, but a lot signs point towards his death. For starters it seems like anything and everything he uses can end up killing him, wind ras, shadow clone kyuubi ( Srry if these aren't correct anymore)

Well yes, although they seem as good points kishi is well known for his ass pulls. And after the way things are going well with the kyuubi I just can't see anything happening to him becasue of it. I don't mean the kyuubi trying to intentionally hurt him of course.

I highly doubt that even sasuke would die. I know that he might be able to send a message from it but I won't accept such ending.
I would rather naruto acually earn the hokage title without having to die for it. Minato already died protecting his village so naruto's death isn't necessary to send that type of message. The manga could possiby end with a flashback to minato while naruto is wearing that hokage hat..maybe

#16 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (bthug @ Feb 26 2013, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's definitely a possibility.

I personally think he'll live though, it just seems a bit out of place given the themes of the story.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#17 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

I highly doubt he dies. Naruto is not that kind of anime where everyone or anyone can die. When a lot of secondary characters survive through dire situations, then you know it's likely most of the cast is alive for the end of the series. And even in shows where most characters die, usually the main character and even his/her love interest are safe (Geez, in Baldios they were the ONLY survivors. By the way, that mecha anime ended up with the main character and the girl he has a love/hate relationship with standing alone by a beach after everyone else died during the end of world. It reminds you of other mecha anime? Well, it is the other way around, because Baldios was made in the eighties).

Usually. Not always. Yoshiyuki Tomino earned the "Kill'Em All" nickname because NOBODY, not even the protagonist, has guaranteed survival in a Tomino show (unless it is one of his lighter fare. He used to alternate between making dark and terribly depressing shows with comedical series).

So I don't think Naruto will die. And honestly, the line he spouted Sasuke about dying together felt to me like Naruto bluffing sarcastically, not like a promise. It sounded more like "You still want to wipe Konoha out? Very well, I SHALL fight you and stop you even if it kills me. Hey, if both of us die then we'll be able to understand each other in the afterlife" than "I want to die with you!".

Hey, several years ago in the NS fanclub in Naruto forums (yes, once upon a time I lurked NF. I stopped after a while, though, and it has been years since I visited that place. Yuck, I still feel filthy...) someone argued that the Bell Test scene where Naruto boasts his name will be engraved in that stone before Kakashi told him those names are from KIA heroes was foreshadowing... But I highly doubt it.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#18 Musicmanoful

Musicmanoful

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Supporting the best pairing in Naruto

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (candycane-chan @ Feb 27 2013, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has, but I still don't see this happening.

Well yes, although they seem as good points kishi is well known for his ass pulls. And after the way things are going well with the kyuubi I just can't see anything happening to him becasue of it. I don't mean the kyuubi trying to intentionally hurt him of course.

I highly doubt that even sasuke would die. I know that he might be able to send a message from it but I won't accept such ending.
I would rather naruto acually earn the hokage title without having to die for it. Minato already died protecting his village so naruto's death isn't necessary to send that type of message. The manga could possiby end with a flashback to minato while naruto is wearing that hokage hat..maybe

Kishi doesn't have the balls to kill off sasuke, he clearly is a sasuke fanboy. I wish he would die though.

NaruSaku

#19 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Feb 28 2013, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, several years ago in the NS fanclub in Naruto forums (yes, once upon a time I lurked NF. I stopped after a while, though, and it has been years since I visited that place. Yuck, I still feel filthy...) someone argued that the Bell Test scene where Naruto boasts his name will be engraved in that stone before Kakashi told him those names are from KIA heroes was foreshadowing... But I highly doubt it.

Well ... That part was foreshadowing ....

So what you said is a possibility too ... I really doubt that Naruto will die .. but that point you brought scared me more than Naruto saying that would die with Sasuke in the Summit arc. sad.gif

Sig by karudoll

#20 Killer Bee's Album

Killer Bee's Album

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Never gonna happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users