• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 oorainbow247oo

oorainbow247oo

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Now we all know that it was Obito who helped Itachi massacre the Uchihas. But what could be his reason?

1. So he could recruit Itachi?
I don't think this would make sense because the Uchihas are starting to rebel against Konoha. And with a little persuasion and a little acting the he's Madara, he could recruit all of them. And the whole Uchiha clan is definitely stronger than a single Itachi.

2. To steal their sharingan?
Doesn't make sense also. As I have said in number 1, it's probably easy to recruit those Uchihas at that time and sharingan eyes in an Uchiha body with an Uchiha mind that is rebellious against Konoha is much much better than eyes alone.

3. To prove that he is Madara and he wanted revenge on the Uchihas?
Nah. It wasn't revealed that Madara is "alive" until the Itachi and Sasuke fight.

4. To convince Itachi that he is Madara?
Why would he need to do that?

5. To force Sasuke's strength growth?
Doesn't make sense.

So what do you think was his reason for this action?

#2 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

From what we can gather from Itachi's memories, not all Uchiha were evil. Some didn't even want to go against Konoha, but they were few and far between.

Perhaps, Obito didn't want an Uchiha to go against him and over power him. The biggest threat to an Uchiha is another Uchiha. That's my guess. It's not perfect, but it is the best guess I got.

Look what would happen if Sasuke went against Obito.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Wanted to play the part convincingly I guess? We can agree he doesn't give two s**ts about their world if Rin is not it it.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, I like to think a lot of Obito's motives were because of Madara's "manipulations" and he'd lost his faith in the real world and in his clan because of Rin being gone, and how it may be that Rin saw him for him, not just as another Uchiha. And for all we know, Obito's just being played by Madara since Madara wanted the Uchiha dead so that he could get revenge for their "betrayal" when he was butthurt about not being Hokage.

#5 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Personally I'm leaning towards 2, considering we've seen that he has a large collection of them.

Also I he didn't try to recruit the Uchiha because while they may have joined him it is equally likely that they would rat him out to the Hokage, after all the whole reason the Uchiha were planing the coup was because the village began to suspect them of being involved with the Kyubi attack. Now if Obito appeared before the Uchiha claiming to be Madara, someone with a known grudge against Konoha and a history of controlling Kurama, Fugaku could clear the Uchiha's name by saying that it was "Madara" who was behind the Kyubi attack.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#6 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

It's self explanatory.
Itachi knew about him, Obito was slipping between the clan, the village and his place, to aquire information and he looked on the uchiha's stone, Itachi was the only one who knew about his presence and in that time he had to remain undetected to continue acting in the shadows.

You will help me to kill the uchiha clan or i'll tell the cops about you.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 07 January 2013 - 03:33 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users