42 replies to this topic

#1 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

t has been said that sharing personal stories is one of the most effective ways to change people's hearts and minds. This is my story and I hope you are inspired to share it with others.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----------------------
CLICK TO TWEET
http://clicktotweet.com/2smd0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----------------------
http://www.Facebook....LoveEqualRights
http://www.Twitter.com/ShaneBitney

Well, I'm sobbing now.
#EqualLoveEqualRights.

Edited by Fenris, 10 May 2012 - 07:47 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#2 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ May 10 2012, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm sobbing now.

QUOTE (Kim @ May 10 2012, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh this was so sad, it definitely made me cry. shamefulcry0js.gif Nobody should have to go through this, both the death of a loved one and the awful discrimination.

Ugh... just imagining you cry is enough to make my eyes fill with water. sad.gif I hope this hug reaches you. a_hug.gif

Anyway, my own opinions about homosexuality aside, I think that this is one of the most unfair things that could happen to anyone. The extreme behavior of some people regarding homosexuality is something that I still can't seem to comprehend (I still don't know why people consider it a sickness). But to discriminate people goes way beyond unfair. "Love the sinner; hate the sin." Isn't that what religion teaches? Isn't that how love should be? You may disagree, but that doesn't give you the right to judge someone nor to discriminate him/her.

When you have someone you love and people deny you the right to be happy with that person, you experience one of the most painful experiences in life. But don't let that stop you. Fight for the one you love and prove to the world that you have the right to be happy. And well, that guy may never hear this but I hope he finds someone to make him happy because everyone deserves to be loved and to be happy.

#3 LinksmaLope

LinksmaLope

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music, drawing, playing video-games, watching anime, reading manga, reading books, Three Days Grace, Winry Rockbell, Skillet, Apocalyptica, 30 seconds to mars, Higurashi, InuYasha, Naruto, Elfen Lied, FMA, Drowning Pool, Nickelback, Nirvana.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

This is so sad...Despite the fact that i'm against homosexuality,this was really unfair.What kind of person would brutally attack his family member just for being interested in the same gender? Like i said,i'm against homosexuality ,but homosexuals are still people with feelings and lives that they want to live. I'm also seriously against suicide and I see it as the biggest "sin" of all...I know Tom had a really rough time ,but he did hurt his lover and family along with his friends.Even if his parents weren't supportive of his behaviour,they're still his flesh and blood and (IMHO) Tom still cares about them enough to not hurt them like that...Even if what they did was really wrong,the only thing they wanted was happiness for their son.I guess the reason why i'm so mad about people killing themselfs is because one of my two best friends tried to jump off a cliff in winter at the local park ,but (Fortunately) the people who were walking by stopped her and called an ambulance (She's in the hospital right now,they don't even let me visit her.They have a really tight security)while the other one is planning her own suicide,she said it'll be a train...Anyway,back to the subject. This person's story is very sad and honestly I started bailling my eyes out.

#4 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Well, I'am against homosexuality. But if it was a love between a man and a woman, Then I'll be really sad...

Atleast if I was in his place, I'll think about the others first, Before trying to suicide.

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

This is heavy kitten.. ermm.gif People should be more tolerant. 111193.gif

That mother is monster in-law 111189.gif

Edit: ^Uhm no offence, but wtf zeref?

Edited by sushi., 10 May 2012 - 09:08 PM.

ナルサク

#6 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 11 2012, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is heavy kitten.. ermm.gif People should be more tolerant. 111193.gif

That mother is monster in-law 111189.gif

Edit: ^Uhm no offence, but wtf zeref?

Did I say anything wrong xD?

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Zeref @ May 10 2012, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did I say anything wrong xD?

QUOTE (Zeref @ May 10 2012, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'am against homosexuality. But if it was a love between a man and a woman, Then I'll be really sad...

Just this.- arg.gif

hrmpf hm.png

ナルサク

#8 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ May 11 2012, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just this.- arg.gif

hrmpf hm.png

Well there's two ways to put this because I think you misunderstood me sweat.gif.

1- I didn't direct my words to anyone (even the homosexuals.)

2- What I meant with sad that I'll be sad if the story was around a man and a woman and one of them dies.

I don't like homosexuality that's all.

#9 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

itt: victim-blaming

greaaaat threaaaad guyyyys

Edited by krisk, 10 May 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#10 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Zeref @ May 10 2012, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2- What I meant with sad that I'll be sad if the story was around a man and a woman and one of them dies.

Regardless of my feelings on the matter, the loss of any human life through malevolent intentions...no matter if you're homosexual, heterosexual, pansexual, bisexual, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, etc. is a sad thing.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#11 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Zeref @ May 10 2012, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#12 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

He isnt the only one on here against it guys, plus everyone has there right to think how they want, I support gay marriage dont get me wrong but these people have there right to think this way.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#13 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

It's a sad thing when anyone dies. This is one of those stories that's tragic any way you look at it.

I"m also kind of suprised with the anti-homosexuality. So being completely against them being happy with someone they love is fine but actually killing someone crosses the line?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#14 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ May 10 2012, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a sad thing when anyone dies. This is one of those stories that's tragic any way you look at it.

I"m also kind of suprised with the anti-homosexuality. So being completely against them being happy with someone they love is fine but actually killing someone crosses the line?

I completely agree with this post. I honestly don't understand how someone can oppose gay marriage even after watching this video. Sure, your not thrilled about someones death but denying a couples rights to be happy no matter what sexual orientation isn't really going to help solve any problems. It's just going to encourage more bigotry and hatred, especially from the a**holes more prone to violence.

Just to clarify something, I didn't watch the video so I don't know the whole story. I do intend to watch it later just to hear what the guy in the video has to say.

#15 Fliss

Fliss

stfu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ May 10 2012, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He isnt the only one on here against it guys, plus everyone has there right to think how they want, I support gay marriage dont get me wrong but these people have there right to think this way.

Quoted for truth

Really guys lets not turn this thread into a 'this is right and you are wrong' kind of thing. Nobody will 'win' and nobody will change anybody's mind.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

#16 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

Well, I can't cry because of this video. Not because I don't think it is sad or anti-homosexual, but because my own life had some crazy tragic short-comings and I have no tears left to give.

I will say this. I hope he continues to have strength. Tom loved him no matter what and he should know that despite what he happened, he only wants him to be happy. Love is love no matter what.

Love is one of the strongest things in the universe, but it is also the most fragile.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#17 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

Alright, despite conflicting opinions on this page, this is pretty sad. Gay marriage is legal in some states now, Tom didnt leave a will before he died so on. I cant really pity the other guy though. If he knew Tom's family was against their relationship, they shouldve been more proactive. Moved to Canada or something.

#18 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ May 10 2012, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They can think that way, but it isn't right in any way shape or form. They shouldn't have any ability whatsoever to impose their discrimination on homosexual people. It's the exact same thing as being racist, sexist, or prejudiced against people with disabilities. I'm a het woman who has absolutely supported full rights for homosexuals since I started college in the mid 1980's, and for the first time had many out of the closet GLB age peers. Many of those friends had horror stories of: gay men being beat up by homophobic men just for walking down the street together, just talking to another gay man. Lesbian women being sexually assaulted by homophobic men just for looking "obviously lesbian" (very short hair cut, gender neutral clothing and shoes, no jewelry or makeup) when walking on a public sidewalk. At least one of the women I knew was raped by a homophobic man, and one guy was beat up so viciously that he ended up in the hospital. So yeah, I really find homophobia appalling. I personally witnessed in college just how ugly homophobic people can get toward anyone who supports homosexual rights, it was frighting, even without being directly physically threatened myself. It scared me, but it also made my support for homosexual rights just that much stronger.

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ May 10 2012, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I completely agree with this post. I honestly don't understand how someone can oppose gay marriage even after watching this video. Sure, your not thrilled about someones death but denying a couples rights to be happy no matter what sexual orientation isn't really going to help solve any problems. It's just going to encourage more bigotry and hatred, especially from the a**holes more prone to violence.

Exactly. Homophobia sends the message that homosexual people deserve to be treated as subhuman.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#19 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:18 AM

I don't judge one for loving someone of the same sex. I won't even pick on you, or say that you can't love the same sex, however, and this will sound like bunch of crap to a lot of you, but even the holy bible says same sex relationship is a sin, so therefore, if I approve of it, I am approving of a sin. There is even a joke to it. You should of all heard it by now. "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." This saying holds a point. God's view of a relationship exist in a man and a women side by side, not 2 men or 2 women. As you know, this is what most of the people dedicated in church say. Once again, I am not judging anyone who feels that they have feelings for their same sex, for that would be a sin.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."
—1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#20 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ May 10 2012, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't judge one for loving someone of the same sex. I won't even pick on you, or say that you can't love the same sex, however, and this will sound like bunch of crap to a lot of you, but even the holy bible says same sex relationship is a sin, so therefore, if I approve of it, I am approving of a sin. There is even a joke to it. You should of all heard it by now. "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." This saying holds a point. God's view of a relationship exist in a man and a women side by side, not 2 men or 2 women. As you know, this is what most of the people dedicated in church say. Once again, I am not judging anyone who feels that they have feelings for their same sex, for that would be a sin.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."
—1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)

THOU SHALL NOT RUIN OTHER'S HAPPINESS! TO YOU IT MAY BE A SIN BUT IT ISNT!

I LOVE GAYS!

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 11 May 2012 - 02:30 AM.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users