• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts
  • Interests:Space

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 11 2012, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big time.

Second favorite pairing.

Nate......you are now number 1 in my book.

tumblr_mlzsues6mE1sn07hlo1_500.gif

#202 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

How much do you guys wanna bet we all get trolled and Naruto ends up with a random character that had nothing to do with the story at all? As pissed off as I'd be, I would probably laugh for a few minutes.

trainercard_zpsafda1a60.png

#203 zacrathedemon5

zacrathedemon5

The Fortune-Future-Giver-Thing

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (al0eaz @ Feb 11 2012, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much do you guys wanna bet we all get trolled and Naruto ends up with a random character that had nothing to do with the story at all? As pissed off as I'd be, I would probably laugh for a few minutes.

... laugh.gif An...interesting possibility.

#204 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Feb 11 2012, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... laugh.gif An...interesting possibility.

I don't know if I would be pissed or utterly confused. headscratch.gif
I hate being Bi-Polar. It's awesome.
Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#205 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

After re-reading the chapter I kind of get the impression Sasuke is going to merc a main character or two... No doubt a bunch of random characters are going to be killed, but I can see a main character or two get snuffed. I'm sure it would help build some tension in the on-coming fight.

Also, for the anime, I'd like to point out where (In the start of every episode, with the song and all; I cant remember what its called -__- ) Naruto gets all up in Sakura's face and she leans back unsure of what to do. I've noticed a trend where those cut scenes(?) show whats going to happen later on in the anime, maybe we'll get a Narusaku moment?

#206 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 963 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Feb 11 2012, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am actually surprised that Hinata is confident that Naruto will reciprocate her feelings in letting her hold his hand.

IMO, it's really not much different than Sakura thinking, "No matter what you say this time..." Both girls' thoughts, if you consider them from a certain angle, would seem to be dismissive of any potential protest from Naruto. I think Kishimoto's point with the Rookie panels was simply to demonstrate the feelings Naruto has instilled in all his peers, and how determined they are to act on those feelings -- not suggest predictive outcomes. He seemed to be restating where everyone is at emotionally as they head into what is likely to be the worst part of the battle.

Again, the difference Kishi highlighted between the girls in 573 is the focus of their thoughts. Hinata is focused on her own feelings and goals, Sakura is focused on Naruto's. Which is likely to be more useful to Naruto at this stage? A notoriously weak girl's romantic love he hasn't actually asked for yet, or the solid support of a strong girl who understands what he's trying to do and how much it means to him?

The thing is, Naruto doesn't need either girl's love to be who he is and do what needs to be done. Kishimoto made a point of showing us that what filled Naruto's heart, and gave him the strength to accept Dark Naruto and get control the Kyubi, was the love and sacrifice of his parents. He's not in this fight thinking about either girl's feelings for him. He will deal with that later -- once he has brought Sasuke to his senses. Or justice, depending.

It's been super clear from the beginning that Naruto will not make a straight up, bold play for Sakura until he's settled everything with Sasuke. And I'll say this right now: when that time comes, if Sakura doesn't choose Naruto then she will prove herself the stupidest girl in the long, sad history of stupid girls.

QUOTE (al0eaz @ Feb 11 2012, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After re-reading the chapter I kind of get the impression Sasuke is going to merc a main character or two... No doubt a bunch of random characters are going to be killed, but I can see a main character or two get snuffed. I'm sure it would help build some tension in the on-coming fight.

I think it's possible too. I mean, considering Sasuke's stated intentions and the allusion to "carnage" we can expect from him on the battlefield, is it realistic to think Kishimoto will not kill off at least one more character? I know a lot of people don't think any of the rookies will die, but what makes people so certain?

#207 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (KnS @ Feb 11 2012, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's possible too. I mean, considering Sasuke's stated intentions and the allusion to "carnage" we can expect from him on the battlefield, is it realistic to think Kishimoto will not kill off at least one more character? I know a lot of people don't think any of the rookies will die, but what makes people so certain?

If sasuke kills off one or two of the rookies I think it would really test his fortitude. So far I'd say he has practically masted "hate". He has even gone as far as to remove the hate from the Heart of Kurama. (9 tails). If one of his close friends is killed at the hands of sasuke, it could be a turning point for the entire story.

#208 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

OH wow yeah. Naruto and co have done enough TALKING to Sasuke and look where it got him... I bet it takes a death at the hands of Sasuke for someone snap out of this horrible situation with Sasuke. damn i cant wait for the next chapters...so many possibilities.

btw i recognized it looks like the place where naruto ova 2011 took place!!! NARUTO DEATH AND REVIVAL :O with sakura crying over him of course ;D pure love right thurr.

Edit: had a random prediction of the future in this manga.

Sasuke kills Naruto like in the OVA and then hes revived. Sakura's unsure feelings of whether she loves him romantically completely awaken because the feeling of having lost Naruto triggered something within her. Then from then on it's canon!
I say this because there's no longer a denial of her love for Sasuke and Naruto... it's just, the specific dynamics of each love she holds for them that's in question? Romantically Sasuke or Naruto? Of course Naruto most likely... but we need HER to confirm that first. And since her love for Sasuke went so deep she's probably hard time trusting herself with loving Naruto. But Naruto dieing and out of her love showed her how much she can't live without this man in her life. Her sunshine... I just thought about all of this when I saw her cry over Naruto like that... it was so touching/emotional.

Edited by Yoshimoya, 11 February 2012 - 09:35 PM.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#209 Konan-sama

Konan-sama

Gray-sama's 妻

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • Interests:Konan, Naruto, Boys, Singing, Human rights, Soccer, Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, Anime, Manga, Konan, Clothes, Cooking, Konan, Konan.

Did I mention Konan?

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (al0eaz @ Feb 11 2012, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hinata? heheelq7.png

I would probably be on a rampage if that happened. But... I'd laugh an hour later. 111189.gif

11 pages already? Snap... O___O

I am so confused... headscratch.gif

tumblr_mdobxwGg6O1rl4jp3o1_500.gif

#210 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (al0eaz @ Feb 11 2012, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know that option is never really really out of grasp. If said random character has a better chemistry interaction with Naruto than Sakura has, then you know its never out of the picture.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#211 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Hi Amanda

• ANBU
  • 3,653 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Women, Games, Sakura Haruno, Fenris, TV, Football, Basketball.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Feb 11 2012, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know that option is never really really out of grasp. If said random character has a better chemistry interaction with Naruto than Sakura has, then you know its never out of the picture.

Yeah... its not happening. dry.gif

Edited by Sakura Lover, 12 February 2012 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image

Sakura reminded Minato of Kushina, and then Kishimoto gives her the same hair style Kushina and Mito had. Just a coincidence I guess.

#212 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Feb 11 2012, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nate......you are now number 1 in my book.

Yeah two BLONDIES. laugh.gif I'm up for it too Ino was like Sakura too. pictureem0.gif

QUOTE (al0eaz @ Feb 11 2012, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No no no no no no, We don't want him shot. zomg.gif

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Feb 11 2012, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH wow yeah. Naruto and co have done enough TALKING to Sasuke and look where it got him... I bet it takes a death at the hands of Sasuke for someone snap out of this horrible situation with Sasuke. damn i cant wait for the next chapters...so many possibilities.

btw i recognized it looks like the place where naruto ova 2011 took place!!! NARUTO DEATH AND REVIVAL :O with sakura crying over him of course ;D pure love right thurr.

Edit: had a random prediction of the future in this manga.

Sasuke kills Naruto like in the OVA and then hes revived. Sakura's unsure feelings of whether she loves him romantically completely awaken because the feeling of having lost Naruto triggered something within her. Then from then on it's canon!
I say this because there's no longer a denial of her love for Sasuke and Naruto... it's just, the specific dynamics of each love she holds for them that's in question? Romantically Sasuke or Naruto? Of course Naruto most likely... but we need HER to confirm that first. And since her love for Sasuke went so deep she's probably hard time trusting herself with loving Naruto. But Naruto dieing and out of her love showed her how much she can't live without this man in her life. Her sunshine... I just thought about all of this when I saw her cry over Naruto like that... it was so touching/emotional.

Yeah it was good but not canon so That road's still open too biggrin.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 February 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#213 4000TMNT

4000TMNT

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Has anyone have idea with ch 540, 559, & 573 is leading up to with Hinata. She been shown three times in this arc thinking about Naruto(that all she does anyway) and she made her boldest statement in ch 573. Kishi never makes a statement for a character and goes along with it(ex: Naruto saying he was going to end the war by himself). Also in ch 559 when Naruto last spoke to Hinata, there was nothing romantic at all(in my opinion), but some Pro NaruHina fans says that Naruto give Hinata a hint on the "look in the person eye speech" and also use Neji, Kiba, & Shino expression at that moment. So I was just asking what you guys think on the current situation.

Also post this on the debate thread.

#214 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Hi Amanda

• ANBU
  • 3,653 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Women, Games, Sakura Haruno, Fenris, TV, Football, Basketball.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (4000TMNT @ Feb 12 2012, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone have idea with ch 540, 559, & 573 is leading up to with Hinata. She been shown three times in this arc thinking about Naruto(that all she does anyway) and she made her boldest statement in ch 573. Kishi never makes a statement for a character and goes along with it(ex: Naruto saying he was going to end the war by himself). Also in ch 559 when Naruto last spoke to Hinata, there was nothing romantic at all(in my opinion), but some Pro NaruHina fans says that Naruto give Hinata a hint on the "look in the person eye speech" and also use Neji, Kiba, & Shino expression at that moment. So I was just asking what you guys think on the current situation.

Also post this on the debate thread.

"looking in his eyes" statement was responded with a friendly response from Naruto. Naruto saw Hinata doubting herself of being strong, and so Naruto decided to use he talk no justu and cheer her up, because the truth is, all the k11 is strong, and Naruto doesn't want any of his friends doubting that they are. Now with Sakura, when she told him that she loved him, he blushed and his eyes shot right up, but when Hinata told Naruto that she loved him, he was only shocked with surprise. Truth is, Naruto still loves Sakura, and that is proven. So how can he become Hinata's boyfriend, if he still loves Sakura with all his heart. And yes, I said "all his heart", because well, its the truth, just look at the things he has done for her, and the statements about her that he has made.

What Kishimoto is doing right now is simple. Making the pairing results look fair. This is the truth because Kishimoto once had an interview and said "Hinata deserves a chance", and that's what he is giving her. This is also the truth, because if Hinata doesn't get a chance, then the pairing of NaruSaku would look too dirty to the fans. So with this in mind, you can tell that Kishimoto is using Hinata a little bit more, so that we can say "she had a chance". Of course she won't get Naruto, because Kushina said "pick someone like me", and that's Sakura, not Hinata. Also, Naruto thinks of Hinata as a friend, while he thinks of Sakura as more of a... partner (Hero/Heroine partners always become lovers in the end).

Hinata's "chance" will fail, and she will either take nobody or one of the following-
1. Sasuke: after Naruto gets Sakura, and sees Hinata kinda lonely, he tells her that Sasuke is single. (and they are my second favorite couple, NaruSaku being my favorite)
2. Neji: he said that Hinata was cute when they were both young, and he is warming up to her.. a lot, not to mention in the hyuga clan, you can only date someone in your own clan.
3. Kiba: has been her comrade for a long time, and they look so perfect together.
4. Ao: only seen once in the manga so far, but he looked like he had a crush on Hinata, and not only that, but he is also a hyuga.
5. Ino: turn lesbian and pin her down, enough said.
6. Random person: some guy could just now be put into Naruto (the anime, not the guy), and Hinata and the random guy could fall in love. I guess the guy would have to be like Naruto in some way.

Edited by Sakura Lover, 13 February 2012 - 02:31 AM.

Posted Image

Sakura reminded Minato of Kushina, and then Kishimoto gives her the same hair style Kushina and Mito had. Just a coincidence I guess.

#215 Konan-sama

Konan-sama

Gray-sama's 妻

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • Interests:Konan, Naruto, Boys, Singing, Human rights, Soccer, Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, Anime, Manga, Konan, Clothes, Cooking, Konan, Konan.

Did I mention Konan?

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Feb 12 2012, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"looking in his eyes" statement was responded with a friendly response from Naruto. Naruto saw Hinata doubting herself of being strong, and so Naruto decided to use he talk no justu and cheer her up, because the truth is, all the k11 is strong, and Naruto doesn't want any of his friends doubting that they are. Now with Sakura, when she told him that she loved him, he blushed and his eyes shot right up, but when Hinata told Naruto that she loved him, he was only shocked with surprise. Truth is, Naruto still loves Sakura, and that is proven. So how can he become Hinata's boyfriend, if he still loves Sakura with all his heart. And yes, I said "all his heart", because well, its the truth, just look at the things he has done for her, and the statements about her that he has made.

What Kishimoto is doing right now is simple. Making the pairing results look fair. This is the truth because Kishimoto once had an interview and said "Hinata deserves a chance", and that's what he is giving her. This is also the truth, because if Hinata doesn't get a chance, then the pairing of NaruSaku would look too dirty to the fans. So with this in mind, you can tell that Kishimoto is using Hinata a little bit more, so that we can say "she had a chance". Of course she won't get Naruto, because Kushina said "pick someone like me", and that's Sakura, not Hinata. Also, Naruto thinks of Hinata as a friend, while he thinks of Sakura as more of a... partner (Hero/Heroine partners always become lovers in the end).

Hinata's "chance" will fail, and she will either take nobody or one of the following-
1. Sasuke: after Naruto gets Sakura, and sees Hinata kinda lonely, he tells her that Sasuke is single. (and they are my second favorite couple, NaruSaku being my favorite)
2. Neji: he said that Hinata was cute when they were both young, and he is warming up to her.. a lot, not to mention in the hyuga clan, you can only date someone in your own clan.
3. Kiba: has been her comrade for a long time, and they look so perfect together.
4. Ao: only seen once in the manga so far, but he looked like he had a crush on Hinata, and not only that, but he is also a hyuga.
5. Ino: turn lesbian and pin her down, enough said.
6. Random person: some guy could just now be put into Naruto (the anime, not the guy), and Hinata and the random guy could fall in love. I guess the guy would have to be like Naruto in some way.

This guy speaks the truth. yes.gif

*reads bolded part*

111189.gif Oh Jordan.... laugh.gif

Kishi... You sly person you... fu.png Dragging the pairings out til the very end. argh1.png
I sense a Sasusaku moment around the corner... sweatdrop.gif There are SS fans too...

Edited by Konan-chan, 13 February 2012 - 03:12 AM.

tumblr_mdobxwGg6O1rl4jp3o1_500.gif

#216 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Hi Amanda

• ANBU
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Feb 13 2012, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi... You sly person you... fu.png Dragging the pairings out til the very end. argh1.png
I sense a Sasusaku moment around the corner... sweatdrop.gif There are SS fans too...

This girl speaks the truth.

But no worries, Kishi is just making the ending in a way that nobody can say "well that wasn't right/fair".

Posted Image

#217 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

I don't think there will be an SS moment. I think there will be a "Sakura getting rid of any and all feeling she had left for Sasuke" moment. Like we all have said, if it is only one moment where the girl thinks about the guy who never thinks about her, that is not a moment. That's just wishful thinking.

I can however forsee a moment where Sakura and Sasuke square off and she is like "Sasuke, you were my friend and teammate. I even loved you once more than anything, but not anymore. It ends here. For the sake of Konoha....and Naruto." And she goes on to either fight him and try to win or stalls long enough to once again have a moment where Naruto saves her, then she kisses him. "Go get him, tiger" and then Naruto fights him.

Well, that last part I might be stretching it.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 13 February 2012 - 08:29 AM.

Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#218 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,721 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

If there will be another SS moment probably Sasuke trying to ram another chidori at Sakura. fu.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#219 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Kim @ Feb 13 2012, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, I would like that to happen. I really would like for Sasuke and Sakura to have any conversation at all because it's basically all about Naruto and Sasuke now. But it would be unfair if we only get to see those two have some sort of reconciliation in the end. Sakura was part of that team 7, too.

Naruto kinda of already got reconciliation when the last time they saw each other. with them clashing again and Naruto asking one last time "Stop this madness now" kind of thing. Sasuke refused and said he is going to kill Naruto, to which Naruto basically said that he accepts that Sasuke will never be what he once was and the next time they meet, they will both die.
Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#220 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Dō shiyō?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

For some reason, I don't see Naruto dying in the end.

Anyway, I agree with everyone on Sakura deserving to have a moment here. We've seen the path taken by both Naruto and Sasuke, so I think it's her chance to chose her path now.

Speaking about the chapter a bit... I read it again and I find myself curious about something...

On the speech made by Hinata, the only pronoun I see is "I (I've... I'm... I'll...) and when I finally see the other pronoun ("you") is when she says that she'll be walking with him (she's still speaking about herself). So in conclusion, this speech only proves that her kind of love is immature (sorry if this sounds like I'm bashing her, but I believe that's the correct term to describe that kind of "love")

Sakura's speech reflects just the opposite (she uses the pronouns "You" and "We") and puts Naruto as priority. So it's a clear example of unselfish love (which is the mature kind of love).

I guess I worried over nothing XD.
Untitled-3_zpsc524f8c4.gif

Thank you so much Miiami

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users