• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Will there be any new characters in the series that will be introduced in the future?

#2 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

I think the series is almost done...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#3 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jan 21 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I know that,But I hope maybe there will be,I mean just see those twin jinjuriki's from the edo tensei,They poped from nowhere.

#4 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

Naruto and Sakura's child. cool.gif

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#5 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

uh.... speaking of characters.. what happened to Suigetsu and Juugo?

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#6 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

"What happened to the other characters?"

To put it nicely in reference to Juugo, Shino, Kiba, Tenten, and the others:

Edited by Kamina-Yoshi, 21 January 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#7 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jan 21 2012, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't. There are FAR too many lesser plot threads still to be wrapped up, several of which were just introduced. I think we're closing in on a transition to a new super-arc, however.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#8 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

What will this super arc consist of?

#9 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

There are always new characters being introduced for the purposes of furthering the plot. Heck, if Tobi is unmasked, he may be a different character not introduced before, a new face.

#10 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

yeah, seriously. He's introducing new characters at an astonishing clip. Especially for a series that most people agree is in its endgame.

#11 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Jan 21 2012, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto and Sakura's child. cool.gif

Exactly. happy.gif

#12 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 21 2012, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, seriously. He's introducing new characters at an astonishing clip. Especially for a series that most people agree is in its endgame.

It makes sense when you look at the overall plotline. In part 1 he introduces the world so it starts out small and the kids are pretty young to draw the younger age range of Jump readers in, as time goes on he adds more characters in. The first big jump in characters are mostly other children of the younger main characters ages and various adults in the instructor roles somewhat similar to Kakashi - the Chunnin exams (including the various proctors and examiners like Ibiki and Anko especially, who give the first hints that Konoha has it's darker side too), plus the villainous Orochimaru and his associates, including Kabuto who brings in the first truly ambiguous character (who's side is really on, etc...). It's from this point that Kishimoto hints at the foundation for a more complex story, a more complex story needs a broader range of characters.

Then you get the search for Tsunade arc and get the first more in depth step back to an earlier generation and their associates. This is the true foundation of the deeper, more complex story Kishimoto planned all along- but introduced gradually as he drew in more older readers, and as his initial readers grew up.

In part 2 Kishimoto starts out in familiar territory but adds more generational backgrounds and characters to go with that- some living, some dead. Kishimoto assumes most of his readers are in the upper ranges of Jump readership now, thus can follow a complex story which he wants to spur readers into thinking about the questions the characters are struggling with. The first part of part 2 are just to lay this premise- up to Naruto's fight with Pain. Thus the part 2 databook covers up to the end of that arc. (with the first hint of things to come is the seemingly almost random introduction of Bee's students and the Raikage- who's tie to the story is their connection to Bee, who Sasuke had fought. The connection to the main characters becoming more distant as the full picture of the ninja system is revealed.)

The 5 Kage arc kicks off the second half of part 2. (We get the foundation of this part with Jiraiya's death and Naruto's Sage training. At the same time- nearing the end of the first half of part 2, is also where we learn about the origins of the Senju and Uchiha clans- the premise is set up there for the panoramic picture of the second half of part 2). From this point on we get more and more perspectives on the ninja system. It's to show the message we've been told in various forms since the start of part 1 (in increasingly more complex ways as the target readers in Japan matured). How the ninja system is innately harmful and must be changed in a revolutionary way. We get a broader range of reactions too, some have to be slowly convinced of this- like the Raikage. It took Bee to finally somewhat get that through Ei's head. Even Oonoki saw it sooner, but his granddaughter is still not seeing the full picture- for her it's more about kicking butt, she's not yet seeing the big picture. Karui as well.

Of Sasuke's part 2 associates (Hebi/Taka), Karin got the harshest lesson about that. I think she's seeing more of the picture now- her experience being around Naruto and Sakura and the more humane treatment as a prisoner she is getting in Konoha is going to help that. There's some hint that Jyuugo might be getting a hint of it, Suigestsu only in the sense he wants even moreso to be a big power in the world. Sasuke, of course, is the blindest to the reality. He doesn't see at all the "underneath the underneath". Naruto tried to give him that in a way Sasuke would understand (interesting how in the second of part 2 Naruto is the wiser character, it's Sasuke that is the most willfully ignorant, the exact flip of the first part of part 1. Sasuke when presented with the truth behind the picture stubbornly goes in the opposite direction. First we have Itachi true story and what he wanted Sasuke to see, then Gaara trying to reach him, finally, we have Naruto trying to get Sasuke to see. But each time Sasuke willfully choses the opposite direction.)

Edited by ciardha, 21 January 2012 - 09:52 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#13 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Jan 21 2012, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't. There are FAR too many lesser plot threads still to be wrapped up, several of which were just introduced. I think we're closing in on a transition to a new super-arc, however.

I completely agree with you.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi decides to make a Part 3. :True:

#14 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:25 AM

everyone's viewing fake madara and real madara as the biggest threat right now.. but what about sasuke....... unsure.gif

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#15 Karuma

Karuma

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Gaming and Reading :D

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

More akatsuki maybe, because most of them are dead anyway.
Before you judge someone walk a mile in their shoes, when you are done you have their shoes

#16 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Just curious, has Kishi actually said he's bringing Naruto to a close with this arc or not?

Despite this being a huge arc, it doesn't automatically mean it's gonna end the series.

#17 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

I doubt this is the last arc considering how many loose ends there still are.. emoticon_monocle.gif

c1a2d1a877.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users