426 replies to this topic

#41 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:48 AM

Her mind reeled. An airship? Twill remembered her parents telling them stories about them, but she had only half believed them at the time. She has certainly never seen one herself.

“An airship, really?” Twill asks in disbelief, minding to keep her voice low. “Isn’t that a lot to risk for you, as a noble? I can’t imagine treasure means much to you, or that you have it all too bad down here.”

What could a rich man understand about the struggles of living in poverty? What exactly could he benefit by giving up everything for this plan?

#42 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

"I have only one question." Ragnarok said, looking the noble straight in the eyes, "How much is the pay exactly?"

OOC: I'd like to modify the names a bit with my moogle, perhaps other moogles as well. The thing is, I figure there would be a culture gap, names included. I was wondering that since Moogles are called "Moogle-kind" would a Moogle call a human Hume-kind, and an elf Elvaan-kind?

Edited by TheBerserkMoogle, 02 December 2011 - 03:06 AM.

#43 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:07 AM

Murs slowly bent down and picked a dirty rag off the ground wiping the blood of his recently soiled dagger. Sliding it into its sheathe on his back belt he drags the lifeless body of the young woman behind a heap of trash. He bent down for a second to examine his work. "Nice work" he quietly mumbled to himself examining the various puncture holes and lacerations on the corpse. His smirk widened, quite the hunt this one had been, she was quite quick.

He walked out of the alleyway into the crowded streets. Killing in public was his favorite, not only did the increased risk of getting caught add to the thrill but as they say, the best way to hide is in plain sight. He was dressed as a rather seemingly respectable man, black dress slacks, black button up with a white breasted vest. The only thing indicating that he wasn't a rich merchant was the leather spaulder strapped across his right shoulder and his long dagger. It was a simple leather with a few wicked looking gashes along it, the piece of armor was supposedly cursed and for the price of bad luck as long as you wore it, when the time came you would become a man wolf. Though he hadn't noticed any wolfish qualities to himself he figured he may as well even the odds for the scum that lived in this city with him. Even with bad luck he was still higher on his ladder then anyone else he'd met. He heard a commotion behind him and saw the police of the city rush out from the alley he had exited mere minutes ago. He spared only a glance before slithering into the closest building.

As he opened the door he realized he was in a pub of some sort, though it seemed to be a mercenary hangout as there were bounties posted on the walls and a group of armored people stood around the bar. He raised his eyebrows and figured that he may as well stick around and see if he could grab anything from the rich looking noble who they seemed to call and 'elite inquisitor'. A wicked grin crossed his face as he quietly took a seat at the bar a few feet from the group.

JLHza2T.png

#44 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:09 AM

Zerva just listened trying to put two and two together.

"An airship? I'm not much of a flyer sir. I kinda have a thing with heights." he said looking away.

As he thought to himself he watched the Noble and his actions just in case something felt out of place.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#45 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:18 AM

Ragnarok looked at Murs, then back at the recently posted wanted sign, then back again.

"Wait... Is that the guy on the poster?"

"KILL HIM!" Muspel, the fire sword yelled.
"Don't! Let someone else handle it!" Nifl said.

#46 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 1 2011, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
“An airship, really?” Twill asks in disbelief, minding to keep her voice low. “Isn’t that a lot to risk for you, as a noble? I can’t imagine treasure means much to you, or that you have it all too bad down here.”

Skadi eyes the well-dressed man who just entered for a moment, before answering the girl. "Because he wants an adventure!" She laughs, a warm, easy sound.

Sitting on top of the bar and crossing one leg over the other, she smirks. "And we have a bit of work to do. You in or not?"

#47 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:32 AM

Looking to Zerva, she gave him a questioning look. “What do you think?” she asked.

Somehow she didn’t disbelieve his words about protecting her, and they had already decided to work together anyways. She felt better, knowing someone would have her back, and she would have his too, even if he said he didn’t want it.

“The red-headed man, you know him right? Would he agree to something foolish?”

#48 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

Zerva thought for a moment before giving Twill an answer.

"As much as I hate flying, I'm going to do all I can to help you out, I'm in." Zerva answered.

Zerva put his hat back on and steadied his scythe on his back and took his place right next to Twill.

#49 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:47 AM

"Oh really? Must be a close relative."

Grr... And I was looking forward to making blood fly Ragnarok thought.

"What? Kill him anyway!"
"No don't, he's innocent!"
The two swords argued back and forth.
"Won't you two just shut up!?"

OOC: By the way, only I can hear them.

#50 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

"Well..." Balian spoke out loudly as he reached the ground floor, interrupting any conversation. "I'm bloody well ready for any so-called expedition...." He stopped in front of the assembled group, sparing a glance at the shifty newcomer. "Well, why the hell are you going through so much trouble for an airship? Breaking and entering...stealing? What's it worth to ya? You look like you can afford to make one 'a those damn things."

He then looked at Zerva and Ragnarok, "And why the hell aren't you two packed up? Unless you're staying here...?"

He then turned to Skadi. He scrutinized the girl, "And you, lady...haven't I seen you before? I could've sworn you had that argument with a guy a few months back....And he left eighty coins poorer."

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 02 December 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#51 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hearing Balian, Zerva turned to him with a smirk on is face. "The only thing I need is my scythe." he said turning a little to show his boss.

As Zerva turned back to ask Twill about something he noticed a man that had something about him that he didn't like.

"....Eh, Twill want me to go buy us some supplies before we go?" Asked Zerva still slightly looking at the mystery guy.

#52 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Dec 2 2011, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hearing Balian, Zerva turned to him with a smirk on is face. "The only thing I need is my scythe." he said turning a little to show his boss.

As Zerva turned back to ask Twill about something he noticed a man that had something about him that he didn't like.

"....Eh, Twill want me to go buy us some supplies before we go?" Asked Zerva still slightly looking at the mystery guy.

"Oh yeah, sure. Don't come cryin' to me when you get burned by a dragon and have no healing potions or mana potions to get you right back up." Balian grumbled before adding a quiet, "Damn kids...." He placed the bag down behind the counter and continued serving drinks.

#53 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Dec 2 2011, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Twill cocked her head at Zerva. "If we are doing this job, then certainly Lord Gaston will provide whatever supplies we need. He has money enough, doesn't he?" She gave the nobleman a suspicious look before continuing, "And it seems we are to play the part of prisoners. I doubt we will be allowed to carry much." Realization dawned upon her as she wondered, "How exactly will we get our weapons in?"

#54 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 2 2011, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Twill cocked her head at Zerva. "If we are doing this job, then certainly Lord Gaston will provide whatever supplies we need. He has money enough, doesn't he?" She gave the nobleman a suspicious look before continuing, "And it seems we are to play the part of prisoners. I doubt we will be allowed to carry much." Realization dawned upon her as she wondered, "How exactly will we get our weapons in?"

Balian quirked an eyebrow at the girl. "She's right, you thought of that, too? I doubt the guards'll just let you waltz right in with a cache of weapons without telling you to go to the Quartermaster first."

He turned to the girl, "Who are you, anyway? You look a bit green to be doing something like this."

#55 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

Zerva nodded his head at Twill. "You have a point, I guess."

As Zerva's boss asked Twill who she was he stood there giving Balian an awkward look.

#56 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 2 2011, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Balian quirked an eyebrow at the girl. "She's right, you thought of that, too? I doubt the guards'll just let you waltz right in with a cache of weapons without telling you to go to the Quartermaster first."

He turned to the girl, "Who are you, anyway? You look a bit green to be doing something like this."

Twill looked up at the man, making sure to look directly in his eyes. If she was going to be taken seriously at all, she couldn't show fear. "I'm Twill." She held out her hand. "I might not look like much of a warrior but...I'm a survivor." She gave a lop-sided grin. "And a pretty good shot."

#57 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 2 2011, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He then turned to Skadi. He scrutinized the girl, "And you, lady...haven't I seen you before? I could've sworn you had that argument with a guy a few months back....And he left eighty coins poorer."

"He had some very bad manners, if I do recall." She smiles easily, an almost dangerous one that shows teeth. The more-often-than-not thief shrugs. "A bit grumpy today, aren't you?" Skadi had frequented the pub before- She was fond of the atmosphere, maybe. It was warm and inviting, prices were reasonable, and the booze was fantastic. She had recommended it to Julien as a good place to start, and the kid had practically jumped on the opportunity.

"Don't worry about armaments. They'll be accounted for." She hops off of the bar with a laugh. "Can't do anything without a plan, afterall."

#58 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:16 AM

"My motives are really not your business.." he said with a quirky smile.

He gives Skadi a nod of approval.

"Anyway, is that it? Are we all onboard?"

"Oh, yeah and what about you? Whatever your name is...Of course I'm not sure what you heard."

His hands drop to his sides and move to rest on the hilts of his swords as he faces Mur.

"I can't exactly let you leave here without an answer.." he added in a quiet tone.

#59 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:21 AM

"Boss, I don't have anything to bring along with me anyway. Poorer than an old miser. Why do you think I took this job?" Ragnarok sighed.

"It's a sh*tty job too!" Muspel cackled.
"Well, you're in a bad mood today," Nifl replied.
"I'm always in a bad mood, ice-for-brains," Muspel retorted.
"Well, you should be less of a pessimist, hot-head."
"Knock it off you two," Ragnarok yelled at his swords.

Edited by TheBerserkMoogle, 03 December 2011 - 02:23 AM.

#60 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Murs smirked at the nobleman and let his hand drift away from his dagger and up to the bar.

"Really all I've heard is that you need something stolen, luckily for you I stumbled into the right bar." He reached his right hand out offering a handshake to the man.

"I'm sure it will be a real pleasure to do business with you. It's not everyday that I allow my services to be bought, you should consider yourself lucky". Murs looked straight into the mans eyes already hatching a deviant plan in his mind.

JLHza2T.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users