#1 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:52 PM

Let's see how these fillers go!

Sadly enough, it seems like the animation in this filler episode is better than the cannon material from the past few episodes....why?

Edited by naruto-z, 04 August 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

Why did I bother to watch this episode??? I'm asking the same question over and over again. I fast forward the whole thing and nothing good just some filler that doesn't contribute anything at all but to serve to its rightful use of stalling time for the manga to get way ahead than it already is.

Edited by Gravenimage, 04 August 2011 - 02:44 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:06 PM

Oh my, that giant fish used Kakashi's secret technique "1000 years of pain" on Gai, hohoho.... heheelq7.png

Idk, I'd rather watch a filler ep. with Yamato-taichou and Aoba wub.gif (fangirl mode status - ON), than the one where Pierrot worships Hinata or Sasuke without any real reason/solid facts. facepalm.png

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Aug 4 2011, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that was...cute. Nothing terribly interenting but still a nice relief from the drama. And no Hinata or Sasuke in sight. biggrin.gif
The next episode should be more interesting because we get to see Sakura. But I thought she would be alone, what are Ino and Choji doing with her? Sigh, they're gonna ruin a NauSaku moment I've been hoping to see...

Well I guess their won't be anything HUGE or Absolute until it happens in the Manga *shrugs* mellow.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 Giosoccer

Giosoccer

Fuuton: rasen shuriken

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Drawing

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

I thought the episode was fine it entertained me for a while and was funny with Guy in there. Hopefully next episode is better. happy.gif

#6 Fliss

Fliss

stfu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Aug 4 2011, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly enough, it seems like the animation in this filler episode is better than the cannon material from the past few episodes....why?

Yeah. It seems it's always like that - the filler animation is better than canon. I don't understand it either lol.

But that said, I still enjoyed the episode. Gai always makes me laugh. And you have to admit some parts were funny like the tiny boat and the Naruto lure ahah. Though towards the end it got boring (when Yusuke showed uppp)
I don't understand one thing though. Why did the fish go back to normal after the shuriken was pulled out of it's head? It was just a normal shuriken wasn't it?
Yeahhhh I'm also bothered that Chouji and Ino were gonna be there instead of just Sakura. OH well. Maybe we'll still get a tiny moment. probably not

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

#7 Giosoccer

Giosoccer

Fuuton: rasen shuriken

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Drawing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:36 AM

Hahaha the lure part was so funny! And ya it kinda sucks how ino and choji are in the next episide ( nothing against them)

#8 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:41 AM

Yup I found out last month that this episode was the start of fillers for this whole month and so on. I know what all the new episode are going to be and it will be painful watching these fillers....the storyline is horrible.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#9 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

The animation was pretty good, but the story line was rather ridiculous. Also, Naruto encouraging Yusuke to avenge his father? Isn't that exactly what Naruto is supposed to be going against? confused.gif He's supposed to be encouraging people to understand others, isn't he? I guess that only applies to humans. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Other than that though, I'll be glad to see Sakura next episode! We haven't gotten to see a lot of her recently, so it'll be nice. Hopefully she'll be written in character, and if we're really lucky, we'll even get some NaruSaku fan service. pictureem0.gif

And as far as the spoilers go, if we're having fillers here, does that mean we're definitely not going to have any during the Kushina flash backs?

Edited by Paptala, 05 August 2011 - 03:19 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Aug 4 2011, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why did I bother to watch this episode??? I'm asking the same question over and over again. I fast forward the whole thing and nothing good just some filler that doesn't contribute anything at all but to serve to its rightful use of stalling time for the manga to get way ahead than it already is.

Yeah I know it's pointless but well, that's what a filler is pal sad.gif although this one WAS more boring than others it gave me a few laughs at least

QUOTE (Giosoccer @ Aug 4 2011, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the episode was fine it entertained me for a while and was funny with Guy in there. Hopefully next episode is better. happy.gif

yeah but it doesn't change the fact that it was stalling tralala I'm afraid mellow.gif

#11 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:21 AM

Well, I finally got around to seeing the episode. Better put my thoughts in spoilers, so I don't ruin anyone's amazing filler experience.

Thoughts on the best episode ever. Also, maybe some manga spoilers. --Click here to view--
It was alright, I guess. I lower my standards for filler episodes, so it's not like I was expecting anything amazing. The guy looked pretty generic, like almost every OC the anime gives us. For some reason I thought the marlin was going to related to Nagato somehow, since it had those rings in its eyes like Animal Path's summons did. But I guess I expect too much of fillers sometimes.
I was surprised to see Guy use the Hidden Gates just to row the boat. Apparently catching a giant marlin takes as much energy as fighting Kisame. Also, I see they're already showing his 'green sweat' technique. It's nice to see Aoba and Yamato, we don't see enough of them. Especially poor Yamato-taichou. shamefulcry0js.gif

Next episode looks alright, but the boat looks a little different than the one I remember in the manga. Maybe they'll get a new one later?
Of course, it'll be nice to see some Naruto/Sakura interaction. I have a feeling the anime's playing the safe card with the pairings right now, so I doubt they're gonna give us too much fan-service. Though, for some reason, I got the impression from their last few interactions (and Sakura's comment in the preview) that they're making it look like Naruto and Sakura have just forgotten her confession. In the manga, the impression I got from their one post-Iron Country Arc meeting was that things were still a little awkward between them. Not sure if that's a good thing the anime's drawing them like this, like they've gone back to normal, or that they resolved their problems off-screen. Maybe that'll be elaborated upon next episode. Not that it would matter though, it's just filler. I do enjoy my fan-service though. happy.gif

Also, did anyone notice the poster hanging on one of the houses as the episode started? Blood Prison must a real popular movie in the ninja world. laugh.gif
QUOTE (Paptala @ Aug 5 2011, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And as far as the spoilers go, if we're having fillers here, does that mean we're definitely not going to have any during the Kushina flash backs?

Hard to say, but based on what the anime's done so far, I think they'll take advantage of any possible filler opportunity. Though, considering Kushina's last words, and how she sort of seems like a template for Naruto's wife, they might try to shy away from that issue. I doubt Pierrot wants to go to war with the Hina Horde. But we'll see, I'm crossing my fingers for some Kushina badass-ery. Or just a little bit more of her relationship with Minato, since we all know what Kishi's foreshadowing with that, LOL.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 07 August 2011 - 01:22 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

So, bets everyone! who here thinks the will make Sakura tsundereish again in the next filler because they ALWAYS facepalm.png bring out that aspect of her persona if it's filler so yeah I'm guessing it will negate their current developments dry.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 August 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#13 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Aug 8 2011, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, bets everyone! who here thinks the will make Sakura tsundereish again in the next filler because they ALWAYS facepalm.png bring out that aspect of her persona if it's filler so yeah I'm guessing it will negate their current developments dry.gif

seeing as they made her pull his ear in the last last episode. ya i can totally see them making her tsundereish...you know thats not even tsundere...they are just plain making her seem mean. i hate that cause sakura is just casual with him in the manga not evil.

sigh.... shamefulcry0js.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#14 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

The guy looked generic and it was just the usual "Something strange/horrible is happening/has happened in this particular area that I have a personal stake in" storyline. At least they didn't go overboard with Naruto's talk no jutsu and Gai was funny without being overused to the point where he just becomes annoying. Same goes for Naruto. Also, the animation was decent and the music fit pretty well, however the "final fight" was a bit drawn out IMO. Overall, it was okay. Nothing really mind blowing. At least it looks like the next episode will be more interesting, because it has Sakura in it. I wasn't really expecting Ino and Choji to be there, but I don't really mind. If they do it right, I can see all sorts of funny scenario's occuring. pictureem0.gif Lets just hope they manage to keep everyone in character....or else!!! rawr.gif

QUOTE (Paptala @ Aug 5 2011, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The animation was pretty good, but the story line was rather ridiculous. Also, Naruto encouraging Yusuke to avenge his father? Isn't that exactly what Naruto is supposed to be going against? confused.gif He's supposed to be encouraging people to understand others, isn't he? I guess that only applies to humans. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Other than that though, I'll be glad to see Sakura next episode! We haven't gotten to see a lot of her recently, so it'll be nice. Hopefully she'll be written in character, and if we're really lucky, we'll even get some NaruSaku fan service. pictureem0.gif

Yeah, I also found that to be a little strange, but if I remember correctly, didn't Kakashi openly encourage Shikamaru to avenge Asuma after he was killed by Hidan. It seems that in the Narutoverse there is a strange law that says that "Revenge is never the answer...expect when someone who is a good guy says it is". Hell, maybe it just so happens that Hidan wasn't human at all, but a fish in disguise. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 09 August 2011 - 01:28 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#15 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:11 AM

Its not revenge thats the problem the issue is the hatred that leads one to become lost in revenge to give your whole life over to revenge.

Sasuke is an example of what Kakashiw as talking about when he said dont lose yourself to revenge youll end up alone and down a dark road.

Shikamaru and Naruto are both examples of those who did not lose themselves to revenge and yet were able to take revenge against the individual who killed their respecvtive mentors. neitehr lost themselves to revenge nor did they endanger anyone else in looking to get the vengance.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#16 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Aug 8 2011, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its not revenge thats the problem the issue is the hatred that leads one to become lost in revenge to give your whole life over to revenge.

Yes it is. Nagato specifically said it was the cycle of hatred that is born from revenge.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#17 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:31 AM

who cares it was just a filler. and it was just a fish sad.gif and in the end they let it go biggrin.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users