54175 replies to this topic

#49861 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:34 AM

Again, can anyone name another anime/manga that has done this too? Naruto seems to be the only one where they said "People preferred this character over this character and decided to make that character more predominate." I am surprised they didn't just retcon Hinata on to Team 7 at least point.

I don't see Anno being like "You know people told me Hikari was a better heroine than Asuka in Evangelion and that I should push her to the front. So let's retcon the story so that she is the pilot of Eva-2."

*fans with common sense* "Who's Hikari?"

*fans without it* Don't you remember? That one female student who was in the background of that one scene back in episode two and again in episode five who said "Hi!" to Shinji! She was actually nice and said "Hi!" while Asuka was SO mean and abusive! Hikari deserves Shinji and is a MUCH better pilot than Asuka even though she's never even piloted anything before!

2e5.gif

#49862 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:58 AM

Its actually hilarious. 

"Kishimoto stated that many who work with him have told him Hinata is more of a heroine than Sakura"- 2010, interview.

I'm really curious about how they define a 'hero'. Having pity for naruto, but never doing anything all the years is apparently a heroic act. 

Hiding behind a corner and watching Narutos back ? she must be a hero! 
Looking back with concern how Naruto gets beaten after he saved her from bullies ? she must be a hero!
Doing nothing to fix her clan-issues because her whole life-focus is on Naruto ? she must be a hero!

Apparently im also a hero because i feel sad/angry for all the animal-abuse, even tho i don't do anything about it.
But lets not forget her big moment during the pain-arc to showcase that she is really meant to be the heroine.. it was just a 400 chapter build-up of doing nothing and absolut nothing. 

Sakura risked her life many times chasing Sasuke, i mean... its stupid, ye! However thats way more productive than what hinata was doing in the meantime. Not to mention her other encounters with akatsuki, or her trying to protect Sasuke and Naruto in the chunin-exam. Sadly sadly she wasn't as passive as hinata.. because thats what a 'hero' is about apparently. 

Kishimoto stated in subsequent interviews that he had been building up Hinata to become part of the main cast ever since the 4th Shinobi War started

the 400 chapters of build-up wasn't enough.. it had to be 500-600 chapters. Lets just choose one character who did 1 usefull thing in the entire show.. and that character deserves to be on the main cast. Thats how character-development works.

It is pretty baffling. Even if Hinata COULD HAVE been a better heroine than Sakura, it was too late to do anything about it by that point. Sakura already got power ups, interaction and fights. Hinata got diddly squat, and nothing short of an asspull would have compensated for that.

Which going by the Last I suppose they tried. 

I'm not sure how Kishi thought integrating Hinata into the main cast during the 4th war was going to work. With all those plates he was spinning he could barely even focus on Naruto.

Again, can anyone name another anime/manga that has done this too? Naruto seems to be the only one where they said "People preferred this character over this character and decided to make that character more predominate." I am surprised they didn't just retcon Hinata on to Team 7 at least point.

I don't see Anno being like "You know people told me Hikari was a better heroine than Asuka in Evangelion and that I should push her to the front. So let's retcon the story so that she is the pilot of Eva-2."

To a degree, Dragonball has done this where they changed the main cast. However, the difference between that and Naruto was that who was and wasn't in the main cast of Dragonball felt like a genuine evolution overtime. Naruto tried to keep talking about Team 7 but the lack of balance did nothing but damage it in the end, and the only conclusion I came to was that Sasuke was the main character all along. 

#49863 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:27 PM

Assuming that was what happened with Naruto, nah, can't really think of one. Naruto's a weird outlier in that it's canon pairing is the one with the least framework and buildup, settling with a character that was barely in it. Setting aside fandoms - although, haha, I haven't liked or cared about Naruto or thought much about it in years so that's not hard - Hinata, for such a popular character, barely ever did anything. Her story was basically over in part one and it showed. Up until where I stopped actually reading, it seemed like any time she was around, it was in the background or it was struggling to include her in some real way. He barely ever noticed her presence, she didn't do much, hell, the one thing people count as her crowing moment of awesome is the time she charged at Pain and got shut down in one move in the most unintentionally hilarious scene I think I've ever seen. It said a lot to me that they had to dedicate an entire movie to the pairing to try and make it work; they'd set up absolutely nothing in the manga itself so it fell to that to get the job done. Amazing.

That said, it's not like NaruSaku would have saved that manga. I used to be a regular here (I actually recognize your username) and I actually stopped reading the manga weekly when the aftermath of Pain involved resurrecting Konoha. I didn't actually stop checking in on it for a couple years and popped in here from time to time to see what was up until the ending, but that was about the point I laughed, put my hands up and walked away. That manga had problems. Like, past a certain point it starts actively becoming one of the worst manga I ever spent the time to read; I spent more time actively questioning the plot and what the point was than I did enjoying it or liking anything that happened. Even if NaruSaku actually happened, I'd still have a negative opinion of Naruto.

As for Eva, if something like that happened, it would backfire on those fans in the worst way possible. Ardent, terrible fans were not well liked there. They actually put death threats the studio got into the movie. Not to mention that entire endeavor was an exercise in deconstruction (to the point of being hard to watch and not really in a good way, in my opinion).

I wonder if NS was canon, would the Manga would still make money?

I mean, yeah? Fans and places like this put emphasis on the pairings but that was never what the series was about. That stuff is always side business that pops in here and there and is only really given any resolution at the very end in shounen, as it's not even remotely a focus. You'd have to change a lot of the series a lot earlier to have a shot at changing the once juggernaut that Naruto was (is? I don't know how Boruto is doing).

Naruto tried to keep talking about Team 7 but the lack of balance did nothing but damage it in the end, and the only conclusion I came to was that Sasuke was the main character all along.

You know, the hilarious part about it was that they talked about Team 7 so much, but how long were they even together? A couple months, at best? I don't think more than six passed through the entirety of part one and even that might be pushing it.

Edited by dl316bh, 01 December 2018 - 06:46 PM.

bd5.jpg

#49864 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:16 PM

Its actually hilarious. 

"Kishimoto stated that many who work with him have told him Hinata is more of a heroine than Sakura"- 2010, interview.

I'm really curious about how they define a 'hero'. Having pity for naruto, but never doing anything all the years is apparently a heroic act. 

Hiding behind a corner and watching Narutos back ? she must be a hero! 
Looking back with concern how Naruto gets beaten after he saved her from bullies ? she must be a hero!
Doing nothing to fix her clan-issues because her whole life-focus is on Naruto ? she must be a hero!

Apparently im also a hero because i feel sad/angry for all the animal-abuse, even tho i don't do anything about it.
But lets not forget her big moment during the pain-arc to showcase that she is really meant to be the heroine.. it was just a 400 chapter build-up of doing nothing and absolut nothing. 

Sakura risked her life many times chasing Sasuke, i mean... its stupid, ye! However thats way more productive than what hinata was doing in the meantime. Not to mention her other encounters with akatsuki, or her trying to protect Sasuke and Naruto in the chunin-exam. Sadly sadly she wasn't as passive as hinata.. because thats what a 'hero' is about apparently. 

Kishimoto stated in subsequent interviews that he had been building up Hinata to become part of the main cast ever since the 4th Shinobi War started

the 400 chapters of build-up wasn't enough.. it had to be 500-600 chapters. Lets just choose one character who did 1 usefull thing in the entire show.. and that character deserves to be on the main cast. Thats how character-development works.

You know, people generally hold up heroes as them doing acts for the benefit of others. It's a running thing in current, idealistic hero media that doing something good while focusing on the reward isn't the right mentality. It's kinda tied to how we're seeing the idea of the anti-hero being more and more rejected as it's repeatedly deconstructed.

Hinata did everything for Naruto, to the exclusion of all others. To people not dressed in kill-me orange, that's not heroism. And when you throw in the fact she's infatuated with him and would like to pursue a relationship, it morphs into selfishness. Hinata, in no way shape or form, is not a hero. If anything, her actions often put others in some form of danger.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#49865 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:07 PM

Give it time that might happen at some point.

#49866 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:15 PM

It is pretty baffling. Even if Hinata COULD HAVE been a better heroine than Sakura, it was too late to do anything about it by that point. Sakura already got power ups, interaction and fights. Hinata got diddly squat, and nothing short of an asspull would have compensated for that.
Which going by the Last I suppose they tried. 
I'm not sure how Kishi thought integrating Hinata into the main cast during the 4th war was going to work. With all those plates he was spinning he could barely even focus on Naruto.

To a degree, Dragonball has done this where they changed the main cast. However, the difference between that and Naruto was that who was and wasn't in the main cast of Dragonball felt like a genuine evolution overtime. Naruto tried to keep talking about Team 7 but the lack of balance did nothing but damage it in the end, and the only conclusion I came to was that Sasuke was the main character all along.

If you go through the whole war arc hinata didn't do a damn thing save get neji killed. So ya kishi is full of kitten.

Assuming that was what happened with Naruto, nah, can't really think of one. Naruto's a weird outlier in that it's canon pairing is the one with the least framework and buildup, settling with a character that was barely in it. Setting aside fandoms - although, haha, I haven't liked or cared about Naruto or thought much about it in years so that's not hard - Hinata, for such a popular character, barely ever did anything. Her story was basically over in part one and it showed. Up until where I stopped actually reading, it seemed like any time she was around, it was in the background or it was struggling to include her in some real way. He barely ever noticed her presence, she didn't do much, hell, the one thing people count as her crowing moment of awesome is the time she charged at Pain and got shut down in one move in the most unintentionally hilarious scene I think I've ever seen. It said a lot to me that they had to dedicate an entire movie to the pairing to try and make it work; they'd set up absolutely nothing in the manga itself so it fell to that to get the job done. Amazing.

That said, it's not like NaruSaku would have saved that manga. I used to be a regular here (I actually recognize your username) and I actually stopped reading the manga weekly when the aftermath of Pain involved resurrecting Konoha. I didn't actually stop checking in on it for a couple years and popped in here from time to time to see what was up until the ending, but that was about the point I laughed, put my hands up and walked away. That manga had problems. Like, past a certain point it starts actively becoming one of the worst manga I ever spent the time to read; I spent more time actively questioning the plot and what the point was than I did enjoying it or liking anything that happened. Even if NaruSaku actually happened, I'd still have a negative opinion of Naruto.

As for Eva, if something like that happened, it would backfire on those fans in the worst way possible. Ardent, terrible fans were not well liked there. They actually put death threats the studio got into the movie. Not to mention that entire endeavor was an exercise in deconstruction (to the point of being hard to watch and not really in a good way, in my opinion).

I mean, yeah? Fans and places like this put emphasis on the pairings but that was never what the series was about. That stuff is always side business that pops in here and there and is only really given any resolution at the very end in shounen, as it's not even remotely a focus. You'd have to change a lot of the series a lot earlier to have a shot at changing the once juggernaut that Naruto was (is? I don't know how Boruto is doing).

You know, the hilarious part about it was that they talked about Team 7 so much, but how long were they even together? A couple months, at best? I don't think more than six passed through the entirety of part one and even that might be pushing it.

That's a good point let's say 3 or 4 months at most that were a team and they hardly acted like a team at all since Sakura was always worried about Sasuke and Sasuke and Naruto were trying to outdo each other which only made things worse and kakashi not being a better teacher cause he sucks as a teacher and like I've said before if power Rangers can show better teachers that actually change the character better you have failed at writing heck jiraya hardly taught Naruto anything. Dragon Ball has better teachers.

#49867 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

It is true, Naru Saku would not SAVE the ending from being garbage, but at least I feel it would be better than the brain killing idiocy that we were given in "The Last" Where Naruto is a selfish @$$hole and Sakura turned out to be a "munipulative thot" that was using Naruto's feelings for her to get back her "man candy". The writing made many things horrible, yes, mostly the whole child of prophecy garbage and the whole reincarnations of SOSP's sons to justify Naruto and Sasuke secretly wanting to "kitten bang each other" :zaru:  :th_yeah: BUT at least we wouldn't have needed that $#^%storm Hinata fanfiction of a movie where the themes of bonds were destroyed to make just to make Naruto suddenly desire "knocking up Hinata", having the very first chapter of the manga retconned to Naruto already knowing the kage bunshin move while he was at school (WAY EARLIER THAN DEPICTED in chapter 1) and becoming a whiny, self entitled bastard who wouldn't lift a finger to save anyone because the "bewbalicious goddess" Hinata Hyuga would not love him.

P.S. I know I make a lot of exaggerated dirty jokes, but that is just how I make sarcastic and satirical comments, so if I offend anyone I apologize. It is just that I am someone who has witnessed the attitudes of Hinata worship and how Naruto must return her patient love or else he is the devil incarnate, not to mention how NaruSaku is sick and wrong or is just platonic with the double standards of Naruto just saying hi to Hinata and they are supposed to be engaged next panel, plus yaoi shipping for years on end and it just annoys me at how shallow, hypocritical and narrow minded such fans are so I just enjoy poking fun at their mindsets. :lmao:  :yes:  :P So don't mind me I am just a genuinely frustrated person with this series in general 

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 June 2019 - 10:43 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#49868 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:07 PM

It is true, Naru Saku would not SAVE the ending from being garbage, but at least I feel it would be better than the brain killing idiocy that we were given in "The Last" Where Naruto is a selfish @$$hole and Sakura turned out to be a "munipulative thot" that was using Naruto's feelings fro her to get back her "man candy".

Well yeah, I'll give you that, NaruSaku would have obviously prevented The Last and all its kitten from being a thing, but it was more than the ending. The rot of death was on that manga long, long before that point. There was a reason I ditched it. I held on until the Pein arc made me give up, but the first red flag that something was very wrong was as far back as when Sasuke punked Orochimaru.

bd5.jpg

#49869 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:26 PM

Oh I know that and I'm not trying to change your mind on anything. I'm just saying that yes NaruSaku would not save the ending, yes it does not change anyo of the horrible horrible writing and plot decisions, but at least the having NaruSaku would mitigate a small portion of the damage that has been done to the series as of late. At least Naruto wouldn't have to be FORCED to love a girl that he never had feelings for, and Sakura would be with a husband that geuinely loves her and that she can love back that is actually there for her and makes her happy. I can't call her "marriage" with Sasuke as happy, she is DELUDING herself to thinking he makes her happy and is HOPING he will make her happy in the future but it is not happening. Plus you know that the marriage is a farce because Sakura is not showing any mature form of love, she is showing those same annoying school girl crush like feelings that she had at the beginning of the story and is not treated equally or with respect and consideration by her  "so-called" husband.

Ultimately my point is that I'm not delusional enough to think  that NaruSaku alone would have made the ending great or even some semblance of a "good" ending with the writing problems it had. But at least if Naruto married  Sakura and no one got greedy enough to continue beating this zombie franchise even more that it has already milked, then the the ending wouldn't be this abysmal, god-forsaken shamble it is now, That is all I'm saying.  

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 December 2018 - 08:01 PM.

#49870 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

I mean, fair enough, but if we're talking about that sort of thing we might as well point out that neither Naruto or Sakura made out in the end as far as marriage goes. Isn't the entire point of Borutos start that Naruto's never around for his family? I never pegged Naruto for turning out to be a kitten husband and father but that's the world we live in, I guess. He turned out to be not who I thought he was. We won't even get into how the ending left us with a group of main characters who did a full circle, ending with no more emotional growth or real character growth than they had at the end of the Chunnin exams (Sasuke's just forgiven and looks to rebuild his clan; Sakura's still pining after the schoolgirl crush who never really liked or treated her well; Naruto has learned little about the realities of being Hokage and is so singularly focused on that dream he ends up being a garbage husband and father).

bd5.jpg

#49871 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, what we got is what we got. Who knows if things would have been different even if NaruSaku happened. I imagine things may have been happier if they were married and Boruto didn't exist since the hints were there that Naruto would have been a happier couple with Sakura in the story. But we'll never know

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 December 2018 - 08:15 PM.

#49872 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:43 AM

I mean, fair enough, but if we're talking about that sort of thing we might as well point out that neither Naruto or Sakura made out in the end as far as marriage goes. Isn't the entire point of Borutos start that Naruto's never around for his family? I never pegged Naruto for turning out to be a kitten husband and father but that's the world we live in, I guess. He turned out to be not who I thought he was. We won't even get into how the ending left us with a group of main characters who did a full circle, ending with no more emotional growth or real character growth than they had at the end of the Chunnin exams (Sasuke's just forgiven and looks to rebuild his clan; Sakura's still pining after the schoolgirl crush who never really liked or treated her well; Naruto has learned little about the realities of being Hokage and is so singularly focused on that dream he ends up being a garbage husband and father).

It's just sad that this passes for supposed "good story telling."

I have seen so many series get harshly criticized for the most minute details. Some of it warranted, some of it not warranted. Take example Sword Art Online and the relationship between Kirito and Asuna. Alot of people keep saying how such a forced and rushed couple they are and how it was poorly written, but when it comes to Naruto everything gets swept under the rug. Now, I don't mind whether you love or hate SAO, but I think we all can agree that Kirito and Asuna's relationships is a hell of a lot better than NH and SS. Heck, Kiritio and Sachi would have made a better couple and they were only one episode together.

How can SAO be so harshly criticized with things like "Kirito is too broken. The characters are too flat. The plot is too confusing," but Naruto get a pass for showing so much focus on Sasuke for no reason, plot induced drama, weak sauce explanations, anti-climatic endings, and massive asspulls at every turn.

Now, I did have someone say to me that maybe I am too easy on some anime and too harsh on Naruto...to which I thought about deeply, but then I realized something. Many of the anime I watch whether SAO, Dragonball, or whatnot....never do they try to be something more than what they say they are. Naruto tries to come off as some kind of "holier than thou" plot with a MC that basically says "I am always right, even when I am horrible wrong because I said so and if you don;t agree with me then you suck." I don't remember Kirito being all up in my face being all high and mighty tell me to be one way only to turn around do it another way while saying "don't do this."

Naruto, as a series, has this view of "do as I say, not as I do." It is not okay for any other character to be obsessive or want revenge or do things for shelf satisfaction, but it is totally okay for Naruto to do it. "Cheating is wrong, but because I am Naruto I can do it all I want because I am right," I think that is what makes Naruto be so low on the list. It is like a parent that does drugs, drinks, hurts people, steals, and so much more, but when their kid takes a small sip of beer...the parent loses their minds saying how bad they are and they shouldn't do that.

No other anime series has ever treated me like garbage like Naruto had while also spitting in my face.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#49873 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:36 PM

Sword Art Online also had the excuse that the first half of season one took place over, what was it, like, two years in-universe time? Things happened offscreen. We saw the big moments up until the lead-in to the final battle, where we stuck with them pretty consistently. Plus, say what you want, but at least it had some development. Sword Art Online's problem is that a concept that could hold up multiple anime seasons is rushed through in half a season. Which, I mean, they had what they had at the time - the series that fills in the missing time hadn't gone too far when that first season aired - but probably suggests maybe it should have waited a couple years. But I digress.

How can SAO be so harshly criticized with things like "Kirito is too broken. The characters are too flat. The plot is too confusing," but Naruto get a pass for showing so much focus on Sasuke for no reason, plot induced drama, weak sauce explanations, anti-climatic endings, and massive asspulls at every turn.

Is that what the fandom looks like now? I wouldn't know. I don't participate anymore. Anytime I see Naruto brought up these days, it's not positively, unless it's like, "OMG best girl won lol" or whatever. I don't see too many people with good things to say about the plot. I've seen some who were happy about the end pairings say yeah, it was kind of crap. But that's not directly involved in the fandom.

Now, I did have someone say to me that maybe I am too easy on some anime and too harsh on Naruto...to which I thought about deeply, but then I realized something.

Normally I try to cut stuff like this a little slack. Because, I mean, it's shounen. They're often long runners that decompress the hell out of themselves and wind up going off the rails. It happens. Naruto's unique in that it crapped out pretty hard and had serious story problems. He didn't even get to be Hokage on his own. If I remember right - and I've done my best not to think about Naruto much since the ending - it's handed to him off-screen before the epilogue by Kakashi, who was hokage for a bit because how the hell else does Sasuke get pardoned at that point? It's given to him by a fill-in and not even on-screen.

Amazing.

No other anime series has ever treated me like garbage like Naruto had while also spitting in my face.

That's why I stopped reading it. I assume you held on until the end, yeah? I gave up after Pain (Pein?) and the great Konoha resurrection. I used this forum for a while there as the only real contact with the series, popping in to see what had happened until it ended.

I couldn't believe the balls it took to do that. Destroyed the village, then pulled a mass resurrection because Naruto talked him into it. And people call superhero resurrections bulls***. This also has the Akatsuki finally just wiped out. Part 2's supposed antagonists and a group hyped up to be a big deal, gone because the group couldn't so much as go to the grocery store without someone dying. Dudes could get in a schoolyard slapfight but they'd probably lose three people. Dudes could've died going outside and tripping on a crack. As I recall, this was also around when Tobi was revealed to be a goddamn Uchiha - Madara, as I recall, but then I later heard no, he wasn't really Madara, Madara was someone else he worked with and he was kittening Obito - and ha ha ha, no all around.

bd5.jpg

#49874 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:17 AM

With how they ended up writing him, I'm convinced Naruto is too emotionally immature to be romantically involved with anybody.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#49875 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:25 AM

With how they ended up writing him, I'm convinced Naruto is too emotionally immature to be romantically involved with anybody.

Hinata sets the bar so low that she won't even demand that he be physically present, so you can see how he managed it regardless.

#49876 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:23 AM

cannot really blame in my opinion. She is someone that he does not want anyways.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 10 December 2018 - 03:24 AM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#49877 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:45 PM

Yes - I agree. I would do the same: drop the Child of Prophecy stuff, delete the Uchiha history and add Senju and Uzumaki, give Sakura much more of a backstory, and give the other jinchurikis more of a backstory.

Then you could continue the manga or anime with either an expansion of the world through the next jinchurikis, or through the eyes of their children and their particular problems. However bratty behavior would not be a factor. Their kids shouldn't be repeat Narutos. But they could have problems with modern vs. traditional, a peaceful village vs warmongering villages (or factions). And the tension could be that Naruto and Sakura don't want them to have to fight, but the kids really want to. Or vice-versa: one kid could have some terrifyingly extreme powers and just not want to use them at all. Or the other could be trying everything to get out an fight, to relive his dad or mom's old exploits. So many ways it could have been different!

I know for my story, I dropped the Child of Prophecy stuff too, and just have it that Gamamaru told Jiraiya that he would train a young shinobi who would be a great influence on the world. I also tweaked the backstory significantly for the Uchiha, losing some stuff like their Sharingan being born from "loving so much" and all that crap to try to "justify" their actions and what led them to be what they are, like the stuff with Madara, since I would have preferred him to just have become evil incarnate.

I also wanna try to explore stuff about the Biju and their Jinchuriki, as well as the Uzumaki clan and Senju clan along with others, as well as their connections to Hagoromo and Hamura, and how they had an involvement in the way the ninja world was made, even if the brothers had used Ninshu.

#49878 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:23 PM

He's now too emotionally immature to even join the ninja academy.

2e5.gif

#49879 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:32 AM

Hinata sets the bar so low that she won't even demand that he be physically present, so you can see how he managed it regardless.

With requirements that low, anyone could have a successful relationship.

bd5.jpg

#49880 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:35 AM

Well he DID pull that, you ARE aware of the couples that spawned since chapter 700 right? among most of the Konoha 12?

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 December 2018 - 04:35 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users