Going WAY overboard for some KFC -.-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

I wish someone *would* steal this recipe, as the level of security surrounding it is damn ridiculous >.>

#2 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

I'm actually not a big fan of KFC, but you would think someone would have been able to reverse engineer the recipe by now. Apparently there is something about the KFC recipe that people love, because they keep buying from them instead of other chains. What if it's like Kung Fu Panda and there really is no real secret to the recipe. It's just in the mind of the consumer. You're told it's a special, secret recipe, and therefore it's more desireable. hmm.

#3 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

You know... for 10 years I lived in the US and I ate to my hearts content but I don't think I ate even once at KFC sweatdrop.gif

And yes, that is a wee bit overboard
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

You can find me here on FF.net.

Each topic brought to you with at least 1 spelling error.

#4 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

Hahaha, my first job was at KFC~ I believe the recipe is real however the quality of cooks vary! Oh, so many funny stories from that place... One of the "cooks" at the KFC I worked at has the nickname of "Scary Mother****ing Steve" okay. The colonel is dead, believe it! Shake n' Bake is the way to go! LoL

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#5 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

LOL. Top level security for a piece of paper... but a very valuable piece of paper that is practically the identity of the KFC chain. But dang... the level of security sounds insane!

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#6 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

... Dude. It's chicken.

I know it's important to people...

But at the end of the day, it's chicken.

Way too much.

*Prefers grilled to breaded, anyway.*

#7 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

Well, I eat KFC because it has a good taste IMO. But I figure since there was a commercial last year of KFC of a family trying to make their own chicken meal off of KFC, looks like people really want to know what's in the recipe.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#8 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Feb 10 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... Dude. It's chicken.

I know it's important to people...

But at the end of the day, it's chicken.

Way too much.

*Prefers grilled to breaded, anyway.*

Chicken IS their business. It's what they make money selling. Think of what it means to KFC. If you can make the exact same recipe at home...would people still go to KFC? What about competitors who would then be able to offer the same recipe plus their own brand?

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 10 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chicken IS their business. It's what they make money selling. Think of what it means to KFC. If you can make the exact same recipe at home...would people still go to KFC? What about competitors who would then be able to offer the same recipe plus their own brand?

Nate, I understand what you're saying, but come on now. They have motion detectors, state-of-the-art cameras and security systems, and guards. That's just way too much, and is just too ridiculous.

I understand that chicken is their business, but you don't see Popeyes, Church's Chicken, or even places like Papa Johns and others going to these extremes. If anything KFC is almost begging someone to try to steal their recipe, with all of the unnecessary security and attention they focus on it.

#10 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:43 AM

LOL Chicken is important to them. I eat KFC sometimes, but not all the time. I like Popeye's Chicken though. Their chicken tastes good. laugh.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#11 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:04 AM

it may be unhealthy, but i love me some fried chicken wub.gif

#12 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:38 AM

Reminds me of how in Sponge Bob they go to far lengths to protect the Krusty Krab formula.

Maybe Popeye's is owned by Plankton?

#13 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 10 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol XDDD

#14 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 10 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reminds me of how in Sponge Bob they go to far lengths to protect the Krusty Krab formula.

i dont know, i think he's successful enough to buy another franchise, have you seen the ghost town that is the chum bucket? the guy's married to a computer for christ's sake!

Edited by Illmatic, 11 February 2009 - 01:48 AM.

#15 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:13 AM

as strange as I might sound now, I can understand the necessity. The recipe is the one and only thing that separate KFC from other brands. like Nate said, if the recipe goes out, KFC won't be "special" anymore, they will be just another common brand and that definitely not good for the company that has been decades being the front liner of the chicken fast food restaurant. Can you blame them for it? Its business and they need to keep anything that can give them advantage over their competitor and the recipe definitely qualify for it. There is no security too great for such a big secret.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#16 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Feb 10 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont know, i think he's successful enough to buy another franchise, have you seen the ghost town that is the chum bucket? the guy's married to a computer for christ's sake!

not to mention he eats fake meatloaf
\

#17 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:28 AM

It should be, I mean the brand itself is built solely around the recipe, and to lose it not only would mean humiliation of the president/CEO but also the loss of identity, its like BK announcing the end of the Whopper or McD's ending the life of the Big Mac. But in a different way.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#18 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Feb 10 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as strange as I might sound now, I can understand the necessity. The recipe is the one and only thing that separate KFC from other brands. like Nate said, if the recipe goes out, KFC won't be "special" anymore, they will be just another common brand and that definitely not good for the company that has been decades being the front liner of the chicken fast food restaurant. Can you blame them for it? Its business and they need to keep anything that can give them advantage over their competitor and the recipe definitely qualify for it. There is no security too great for such a big secret.

I still think, and will most likely always think that they're going a bit overboard tongue.gif

#19 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 10 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still think, and will most likely always think that they're going a bit overboard tongue.gif

That's partly the point. For them to emphasize - or overemphasize - how precious their brand is to them.

#20 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:45 AM

Lol, okay. Indeed KFC is so totally like the Mona Lisa here isn't it? :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users