26 replies to this topic

#1 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:22 AM

Simply put, Yamato and Sai, two of the newest shinobi in the series recognize Sakura has some feelings for Naruto.

Chapter 172:
Shikaku - Even the roughest women is tender to the one she loves.
Chapter 289:
Sai - Sakura-san, you're very, yeah, gentle with Naruto, aren't you.

Chapter 297:
Yamato - It's not a problem of big or small...what's important is the strength of feelings you have for Naruto. Tss... Sakura... I can tell by looking at you... in reality you...

Two times when Naruto was conscious and Sakura's feelings were maybe about to exposed, he brushed off the moment.

Chapter 261:
Sakura has a tear in her eye after Chiyo explains what happens when jinchuuriki are extracted[i]
Naruto - ... Sakura, you're always being moved to tears, Sakura-chan... I told you to worry...because I'll rescue Gaara.
Sakura - Naruto...! It's you... I'm...
Naruto - C'mon let's hurry!

Chapter 289:
[i]After Sai's statement, Naruto breaks up the silence.

Naruto - Come on, let's get going. If we're there by noon tomorrow, this'll be for nothing.

At the same time Sakura has yet to confirm or deny her feelings (except to reject an offer in chapter 311 in Naruto's words of "a walk, almost a date") and Naruto has not allowed Sakura to do so in the presence of others when asked if he's around. Naruto still does have feelings for Sakura but he's much more subdued about it ever since he made his promise of a lifetime. He appears to be in denial that Sakura has any romantic feelings for him, if he even notices. I think both fail to notice that maybe the other is trying to bring Sasuke back to bring the other one happiness. Sakura, to get Naruto's "brother" back and Naruto to get Sakura's "first love" back. And they feel feelings will only complicate the retrieval.

At this point, if Sai, the emotionless ROOT member whose emotional IQ can see NaruSaku, I think we assume that the rest of the rookie nine plus Team Gai, Kakashi, Gai, Tsunade and Shizune see it too.

Naruto and Sakura are in denial and will be until they get Sasuke back. th_glomp.gif a_hug.gif

#2 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:39 AM

Yeah, pretty much.

Aside from each one trying to retrieve Sasuke for the benefit of the other, they're really all each other have left. That's a powerful bond in and of itself.

While it would be a stretch to use these bits of characterization to imply a romantic attraction between the two (though it's certainly plausible), it's obvious that they care about each other immensely.

#3 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:04 AM

I wouldn't go to the extent of using that as concrete proof that Naruto and Sakura are deeply in love with each other, but rather it shows that they do have a strong bond with each other. Everyone notices just how much they care for each other, so it wouldn't be hard to imagine their relationship going a step further.

#4 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:10 AM

While i agree, alot of the Anti-NSers dont see it that way. While we say, if Sai or Yamato who hardly knows them can see it, then so can others, or something must be there. While the Anti-NSers say, its because Sai and Yamato hardly knows them, that you cant believe what they say. Or stuff along those lines anyway.

#5 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:13 AM

Sai is someone who has no emotional backgrounds whatsoever, the fact that he could pick it out shows just how obvious it is that they share a strong bond. And Yamato is a mature adult. I don't think he would make such observations trivially.

#6 TheVileOne

TheVileOne

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Anime, professional wrestling, movies, acting, film criticism, exercising, DVD collecting.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:48 AM

So what? They are 16, and still immature in many ways emotionally. At their age not everyone can figure their feelings out.

Also people at 16 don't always find their soulmate they want to spend the rest of their life with.

Joe Is Gonna Kill You.

#7 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:55 AM

So what? They are 16, and still immature in many ways emotionally. At their age not everyone can figure their feelings out.

Also people at 16 don't always find their soulmate they want to spend the rest of their life with.

While applicable in real life, that isn't that big an issue in a manga. The Rookie Nine as a whole is far more emotionally mature than the average 15-16 year olds. That is simply the by-product of being a ninja and killing for a living. With that additional emotional maturity comes the ability to make a rational choice. By your logic, just about every pairing can be discounted. Do we wait till they turn 20 to start shipping? A Shinobi's profession is one with a high fatality rate, so I would expect them to mature faster and thus engage in a relationship earlier than the average person.

#8 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Sqleon @ Nov 2 2007, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we wait till they turn 20 to start shipping? A Shinobi's profession is one with a high fatality rate, so I would expect them to mature faster and thus engage in a relationship earlier than the average person.

Very good point, Andy-kun happy.gif

#9 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (Sqleon @ Nov 2 2007, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While applicable in real life, that isn't that big an issue in a manga. The Rookie Nine as a whole is far more emotionally mature than the average 15-16 year olds. That is simply the by-product of being a ninja and killing for a living. With that additional emotional maturity comes the ability to make a rational choice. By your logic, just about every pairing can be discounted. Do we wait till they turn 20 to start shipping? A Shinobi's profession is one with a high fatality rate, so I would expect them to mature faster and thus engage in a relationship earlier than the average person.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I've been puzzling this one over, and i agree. If SAI of all people, with the emotional depth of a paintbrush, is able to see the bond, Then its pretty obvious there IS a bond. Also, the point about Faster maturing, it would make sense that both of them's biological clock ticks faster. Most people would rather get laid right before they die, therefore, Ninjas feel like getting laid all the time. . .

That was possibly my worst analogy ever, but im high on Halloween candy right now, pardon the crazy.

Also, I Don't think Naruto's in denial, I think he believes that her affection for him is simply temporary, like using him as the rebound boy, person, thing. IMO, he's refusing her shows of affection and brushing them off in his own Chivalrously stupid way of trying to make sure neither of them get hurt.
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#10 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:21 AM

Also, I Don't think Naruto's in denial, I think he believes that her affection for him is simply temporary, like using him as the rebound boy, person, thing. IMO, he's refusing her shows of affection and brushing them off in his own Chivalrously stupid way of trying to make sure neither of them get hurt.

I see what you're saying but, I can't say that I totally agree. He is aware that Sakura cares for him, yes, but in my opinion he is simply unable to see her concern as anything but platonic at the moment. During the PoAL scene, Naruto came to a realisation that Sakura truly loved Sasuke, and was willing to step aside to allow her to be happy. This has carried on up til now, and Naruto has it ingrained into his mind that Sakura loves Sasuke, and always will.

This leads me to believe that while Naruto acknowledges that Sakura cares for him, he doesn't see it as romantic interest. From what I can gather of Sakura's behaviour, I think that she is currently confused about her feelings towards Naruto and Sasuke. Similarly, before Sasuke is retrieved, Naruto will not be able to accept that Sakura has feelings for him as he will still have the mentality that she is in love with someone else. It's only after they retrieve Sasuke that Sakura will truly be able to come to terms with how she feels, and tell it to Naruto outright.

#11 TheVileOne

TheVileOne

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Anime, professional wrestling, movies, acting, film criticism, exercising, DVD collecting.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Sqleon @ Nov 1 2007, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what? They are still kids that are put in dangerous situations, but they are still kids. Naruto still has a lot of imaturity emotionally and psychologically. It's not about waiting until your 20.

It's that you guys are being so impatient about it. You want to see Naruto and Sakura together already, I get it. That's usually not how it works in anime and manga.

Naruto and Sakura don't have a lot of experience, they haven't dated regularly with other people. It doesn't mean they aren't in love or anything, but it could take some time.

I don't see anyone else in their group dating actively.

Joe Is Gonna Kill You.

#12 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (TheVileOne @ Nov 2 2007, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what? They are still kids that are put in dangerous situations, but they are still kids. Naruto still has a lot of imaturity emotionally and psychologically. It's not about waiting until your 20.

It's that you guys are being so impatient about it. You want to see Naruto and Sakura together already, I get it. That's usually not how it works in anime and manga.

Naruto and Sakura don't have a lot of experience, they haven't dated regularly with other people. It doesn't mean they aren't in love or anything, but it could take some time.

I don't see anyone else in their group dating actively.

Please explain how Naruto is "emotionally and psychologically immature". Yes, he might act like an idiot sometimes. That doesn't mean that he is immature, it's just his personality. I'm willing to bet that even at 30, Naruto will still retain that childish streak that defines him. What matters is the fact that at the age of twelve, Naruto was able to set aside his own feelings for Sakura's and make that promise to protect her happiness. Throughout Part I, incidents like this are littered all over the place, showing that the characters do in fact possess a level of maturity far above that of their age level. What makes you think that things wouldn't improve even further three years later?

We do ship NaruSaku, but I think I speak for majority of the fans that we simply like the interaction between them. Naruto and Sakura are best friends who understand each other on a deeply emotional level and share a common goal that they work to fulfill for each other's sakes. That, for me, defines their relationship. It's not a matter of wanting to "see them together", but rather finding that strong bond they share to be appealing. Even if Naruto and Sakura end up friends in the manga, I would not make a big deal about it as they would still retain that deep understanding they share.

The reason they don't have a large amount of dating experience is quite simply Sasuke. With all the training and preparation they have done to retrive him, Naruto and Sakura wouldn't have had much time to date. In addition to the fact that Naruto still has feelings for Sakura and Sakura wants Sasuke back to resolve her own feelings, why would they date someone else?

In regard to the time issue, their relationship has already developed to the point where they can't take a step further and retain a platonic relationship. I'm not saying they are in love right now, but they do care deeply for each other and have a strong friendship. It's a good foundation for a relationship, so there's no reason why it can't happen.

#13 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:30 AM

I agree with sqleon 100%.

#14 TheVileOne

TheVileOne

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:43 AM

At their age it's understandable they haven't sorted all their feelings out.

There's a chance we will never see them do anything together in the manga either until the very end if it really is going to be that pairing.

Joe Is Gonna Kill You.

#15 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:53 AM

Yes, I do agree with that. They haven't sorted out their feelings yet, and probably won't until everything is resolved.

It's also possible that the manga will end up friendship (Shounen manga). If that happens, I'll still be content as long as Naruto and Sakura remain best friends.

...But still. I do hope there is some NaruSaku at the end, even if it is just a bit. It would be a nice way to tie up the series.

#16 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:10 PM

Ah... this thread again? Well, even though I avidly support NaruSaku as a pairing, I don't really believe the small snippets of concern Sakura shows for Naruto can amount to much more than platonic love at this point. The biggest change in Sakura's person happened when Naruto came back hurt after promising her he would bring Sasuke back, which is also the moment she decided she didn't want to be the one holding her team back and she wanted to get stronger.

I can honestly say I love all of my friends, but I'n not IN love with them. If one of my friends had gone through something even remotely close to what Sakura found out Naruto had been going through his whole life, I would feel bad for them... sad even. Hell, I would feel sad for someone I didn't know at all if I found out like that! So Sakura shedding a tear when she found out that a jinchuriki dies if the bijuu is forcibly extracted... so what? She worries for her friend... her best friend even! Even though she wishes so in 90% of fanfiction, canon Sakura doesn't want Naruto to die! She doesn't share the same relationship with Gaara, so it's obvious she would be more worried for the sake of her best friend and the only one left from her genin team (Kakashi doesn't count... he's cool like that!). Aaaw, I'm rambling. Going to stop now... everything has more or less been said anyway.

Bottom line: I will believe in canon NaruSaku top happen when I get more than vague hints from the manga... like a confession or a hug/kiss. People dig too deep into every single ting Kishi does...

#17 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:27 AM

This would be more in Sakura's case right now since she developing feelings for Naruto yet seemly still attach to Sasuke. Unfortunately we may never know where her heart lies until much further arcs in the story(assuming if she feels anything more than platonic) and perhaps is confuse of her feelings until she confronts Sasuke so she can figure them out. Hopefully it come down for her to choose Naruto and Sasuke if their lives are on the line.

Ever since that promise a lifetime, Naruto become a little distant from Sakura since he has build in his mind that she loves ONLY Sasuke and along with his own abmition forces him to just contract solely on retrieving Sasuke, who nothing to do with Konoha. He still holds feelings for Sakura and wont address them to her unless its a point of death. Remember he has his own problems to worry about, Akatsuki should really be his priority not Sasuke!
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#18 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:55 AM

I reckon it's because Naruto files off in his mind that Sakura loves Sasuke, which is one of the reasons why he's looking for the emo. To keep Sakura happy. Come on, we don't need confirmation that Naruto likes Sakura, but we do need the fact that Sakura is slowing warming up to Naruto.

Like I always say, you gotta mature before you really know what you want in life. Sakura's a good example. I hope to see them together. Honestly. XD
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#19 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:07 AM

This is why i'm enjoying every moment of this. It's the best pairing any human has ever divesed.

But, yeah. I think this may take till the end of the manga to finally realized, but i smell another narusaku moment in the upcoming chapters.

#20 aub

aub

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:02 AM

Ooooh, I really like this theory. It had never occured to me before that Naruto might be in denial (or just scared) and keeps preventing Sakura from saying how she feels. That's kind of angsty though no wonder I like it.

I went and looked at that chapter where she brushes off his mention of a "walk, almost like a date" and he was actually lying when he said that's what he'd just been thinking of (really he'd just been angsting over Sasuke) so it could be that she knew he wasn't being serious. It's kind of an interesting interaction between the two.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users