shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

It Is... Iron Man!

Methinks I'm posting too much of this at a short period of time, if I'm being annoying and useless, sorry! sweatdrop.gif

#2 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

Okay srsly?

I can't think anything to make fun of Japanese Iron Man.

I'm sorry. This is too much for me to handle. What's up with the whole convertion to anime nowadays? I mean. No offense. Anime isn't really...that...cool?

C'MON IT'S IRON MAN. He deserves more! Another movie , more comics and probably...I dunno.

Cartoons, starting G.I. Joe as his friend-

OH. OH. ARE THEY GOING TO ANIMEGAFFU G.I. JOE!?

NOT G.I. JOE! D:

#3 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

They already, kinda did...GI Joe Resolute, 10 Adult Swim Webisodes, but it's more in the vein of a slightly more mature Avatar-esque animation, featuring an awesome Storm Shadow vs. Snake Eyes fight in the 8th episode.

Anyway, our favorite Marvel Berserker X-Man's getting his own too:

Now with less body hair and more Bishi-ness! --Click here to view--

Fixed it with Youtube video

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 25 July 2009 - 07:31 PM.

#4 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Not bad. I'm gonna look forward to these releases, since they're done by good animation studios.

#5 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

LESS body hair?!

That's it.

I give up on you guys.

*walks away*

#6 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

Oh my God Madhouse is working on it!?!? This is going to be instant epic..

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Jul 25 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay srsly?

I can't think anything to make fun of Japanese Iron Man.

I'm sorry. This is too much for me to handle. What's up with the whole convertion to anime nowadays? I mean. No offense. Anime isn't really...that...cool?

YOU HAVE TO CONFORM. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. BECOME ONE OF US....

Honestly I think it's because it's a lot cheaper to pay Japanese anime studios then American ones and still get the same amount (if not better) effort. Japanese animation studios are known to produce a lot of good stuff on par with American works. Like for example, Five Centimeters per a Second or Spirited Away are Japanese movies with great animation that's quite stunning, but the budget for both was like twenty times less than something such as The Simpsons movie. I mean besides say Pixar, Dreamworks, and Disney, what big animation studios would work on it without having a huge budget?

IIRC (need to check accurate sources) shows such as Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Justice League, and Teen Titans all had Japanese/Korean studios behind the development. They still held originality and it wasn't as if they had any Japanese influence on them excluding animation. They were done for business purposes and not for changing the characteristics of the show to turn them into your typical "anime" shows airing in Japan.

I guess you could call it basically an example of outsourcing. And hey Batman Gotham Knight was Japanimated and it was actually quite good, so I figure I'll give this a shot.

#7 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

LOLOLOLOL TRUE I AGREE!

fu.png

#8 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

Japanimated...Hmm, is that an official term? If it is, cool, if it's not....we should make it the official term! XD

#9 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

I don't think so--though I might be wrong. I use the term for shows that have been done by Japanese studios but made for different audiences. I mean there is no difference between "anime" and say cartoons except the former is the excepted term to say for Japanese cartoons while not so for American cartoons, even though they are technically the same thing bar cultural points.

Like whenever I watch an anime at my parents house (High def. Gundam on a 72' inch plasma screen is a dazzling spectacle for the eyes) and they ask me what I'm watching I just say "Japanese cartoons" since they won't know what an "anime" is like most people who aren't informed of the genre.

#10 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

fu.png

You give the same reply I do to my parents when they see me watching anime on the family 51" rear projection tv.

#11 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:40 AM

It's probably derived from animation in general anyways.... Though why did it stand for Japanese animation is the question??

#12 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

Scraw this... where's spidey?!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#13 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:53 AM

Well the Iron Man preview looks great and the animation is way better the Iron Man: Armored Adventures
though the Wolverine one makes him look more like Sabertooth and honestly doesn't seem to have anything to do with Wolverine.

QUOTE (True @ Jul 25 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think so--though I might be wrong. I use the term for shows that have been done by Japanese studios but made for different audiences. I mean there is no difference between "anime" and say cartoons except the former is the excepted term to say for Japanese cartoons while not so for American cartoons, even though they are technically the same thing bar cultural points.

Like whenever I watch an anime at my parents house (High def. Gundam on a 72' inch plasma screen is a dazzling spectacle for the eyes) and they ask me what I'm watching I just say "Japanese cartoons" since they won't know what an "anime" is like most people who aren't informed of the genre.

Lol I say the same cause I know people that think "anime" and "hentai" are the same thing.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#14 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Jul 26 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the Iron Man preview looks great and the animation is way better the Iron Man: Armored Adventures
though the Wolverine one makes him look more like Sabertooth and honestly doesn't seem to have anything to do with Wolverine.

Probably doing the movie version of Logan's Japanese adventures....

#15 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

Iron Man looked good on the whole. The animation was fantastic. Still, it seemed a bit off and we didn't see much more than a quick battle.

Wolverine, however, needs to just stop where it is. Tall? Less hair? Bishie? None of that is Wolverine. It goes against half of what makes Wolverine; he's not a pretty boy and he's not supposed to be. Christ, he looks more like Vega without his mask than the short, hairy canuck it's supposed to be based off. If it weren't for the three claws on each hand you couldn't tell it was Logan.

Iron Man could be fun, depending on where they go with the story and the voice talent, but "Wolverine" just made me want to slam my head against the desk and I haven't even heard any dialogue yet. That's one thing that pisses me off about anime. Almost EVERYONE is pretty; especially the men.

It's popular with the kiddies. Otherwise, there's really no good reason for it. Anime's severely over-rated; it has it's great series, but it has just as many terrible ones as we do here in America.

Edited by dl316bh, 26 July 2009 - 06:59 AM.

bd5.jpg

#16 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 25 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They already, kinda did...GI Joe Resolute, 10 Adult Swim Webisodes, but it's more in the vein of a slightly more mature Avatar-esque animation, featuring an awesome Storm Shadow vs. Snake Eyes fight in the 8th episode.

Anyway, our favorite Marvel Berserker X-Man's getting his own too:

Now with less body hair and more Bishi-ness! --Click here to view--

Fixed it with Youtube video

#17 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:31 AM

Well anime certainly is making its way into American culture now.

Honestly I'm liking this, I mean it's the same kitten.

Just anime makes everything look better fu.png

#18 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

I agree with whomever mentioned the animation house doing this is really good. I believe they also did FFVII: Last Order, and Casshern Sins? Anyway Iron Man will fit well with anime conventions because he's a robot and he henshins. So it'll probably be all kinds of explosiony goodness, but Wolverine on the other hand... what's with the super-universe-mullet? I know Wolverine has always been considered a failed Samurai especially after the comics featuring his time in Japan, but... supernatural Wolverine? Don't know if I'll like the Wolvie one, but the Iron Man one looks enjoyable.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#19 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:00 AM

I'm not really against the whole "Wolverine in Japan" thing for the exact reason that he's a failed samurai. His times in Japan are important components in his life. Which also has the whole choice of anime make sense. Plenty of pivotal stories for Wolverine take place during one of his sojourns to Japan. The problem for me is that such does not look anything like Wolverine. He has an uber-mullet, he's tall and he's pretty. Major fail.

As I mentioned before though, Iron Man looks interesting.

Just anime makes everything look better

I agree and disagree with this.

On the one hand, a lot of Japanese animation is lush and beautiful. Japanese animation is definitely way ahead of us in the quality department. They've practically it down to a science.

On the other hand, most anime loses any real individuality in styles. It's hard to argue against the fact that a lot of anime's look almost exactly the same. Plus, there's the whole "bishie" thing. All too often they make the male characters way too pretty - it's like a damn curse for Japanese product in that it always seems to have the asexual looking pretty men - and in the case of guys like Logan it's very, very glaring.

So you can take it or leave it when it comes to anime. I personally enjoy a mix of American and Japanese animation, but I don't go with the popular opinion that Japanese animated cartoons are simply better.

Edited by dl316bh, 30 July 2009 - 03:01 AM.

bd5.jpg

#20 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 25 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It Is... Iron Man!

Methinks I'm posting too much of this at a short period of time, if I'm being annoying and useless, sorry! sweatdrop.gif

Meh, I can dig this. Iron Man is pretty much a JAP mecha fettish thing anyway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users