#1 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Omg, it's almost here you guys! Anyone bought advanced tickets yet? Are you looking forward to something, or are you just open to any tweaks the producers decided to add to it?

WELL.

They just released a picture of Cormac McLaggen (Hermione's love interest in the book) and....

sadcsgvsrygdbgvfdgbsdreft4ws --Click here to view--

I hated his character in the book...but now I'm hoping he gets a little more screentime. XDDD;;

#2 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Dark @ Jul 10 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omg, it's almost here you guys! Anyone bought advanced tickets yet? Are you looking forward to something, or are you just open to any tweaks the producers decided to add to it?

WELL.

They just released a picture of Cormac McLaggen (Hermione's love interest in the book) and....

I hated his character in the book...but now I'm hoping he gets a little more screentime. XDDD;;

I don't know if I am going to bother. The final book kinda killed the series for me. I might watch it after it gets released on disc.

#3 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

I have bought advance tickets for the 12:00 showing.

#4 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

I'll wait till the rabid fans will watch their movie. Then I'll slowly walk into the cinema knowing that I won't hear them comment on the innacuracy of the movie.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#5 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jul 10 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if I am going to bother. The final book kinda killed the series for me. I might watch it after it gets released on disc.

Quoted for absolute, total, and complete truth. I'll watch it when it eventually comes out on cable.

#6 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

I bought tickets in advance but im just going to sell them for profit since i was also not every happy with the final book.
\

#7 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

I will never understand how people can hate the last book. I thought it was great... I loved every last chapter lol

I don't know about the movie though casue in my opinion the movies started being not very good since the fourth one so much so that although I own the fifth one on DVD I have never actually watched it because i can't be bothered getting it out of its case.

I probably will watch it though if my son wants to see it.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#8 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Dark @ Jul 10 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WELL.

HOT!
love.gif rawr.gif love.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Jul 10 2009, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will never understand how people can hate the last book. I thought it was great... I loved every last chapter lol

I don't know about the movie though casue in my opinion the movies started being not very good since the fourth one so much so that although I own the fifth one on DVD I have never actually watched it because i can't be bothered getting it out of its case.

I probably will watch it though if my son wants to see it.

Me neither. I accepted most of the events happened in the last book, well except for a few of them... but anyways, I'm going to see the movie, probably around the next 2 weeks tops.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#10 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

I wasn't happy with the last book, pairings wise...but I still liked it. The plot itself was great, and I thought how it all tied together was brilliant but the pairings just made me go 'eh'. I do respect that it's JK's right to choose though, and since I love her and the world she's created I was satisfied with how it all ended.

#11 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jul 10 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The final book? I started to lose interest after the fifth. I really enjoyed the series when it first started out, but eventually it disheveled into something that made me genuinely lack interest due to lame plot events and shotty characterization. My only real motivation left for reading was to finish what I had started. The problem I especially had with the last book was how annoying Harry had become as a character in a constant state of depression and woe is me hoopla. Hell, I'd rather be force fed Shinji's constant whining in Eva then read all of that again. Harry went from my favorite character to least favorite after that and Hermoine became my favorite since she was the only good thing I enjoyed in the last novel.

Besides that the movies (I've seen up to the fourth one) have done a pretty well job of doing a good adaption, and I'm sure this one will be no different. I'm however detached from the series so see no real reason to watch them.

#12 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jul 10 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went back and read the entire series with a clearer head and I will never understand the Harry/Hermione ship, from day one I thought Ron and Hermione would get together because they remind me of Naruto AND Sakura.

Ron is a boy who was overshadow by his best friend and Hermione was a girl who was picked on for being a muggle and a really smart person and don't forget her big forehead.

In book two their were lots of hints that Harry cared about Ginny and in the filth book she was the only one to get him out of his depressed state.

I am only saying their were tons of evidence for the parings but people wear to blinded by their ships to see them clearly. It's just like the Naruto x Hinata and Naruto x Sasuke fandom.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 11 July 2009 - 12:48 AM.

#13 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jul 10 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went back and read the entire series with a clearer head and I will never understand the Harry/Hermione ship, from day one I thought Ron and Hermione would get together because they remind me of Naruto AND Sakura.

Ron is a boy who was overshadow by his best friend and Hermione was a girl who was picked on for being a muggle and a really smart person and don't forget her big forehead.

In book two their were lots of hints that Harry cared about Ginny and in the filth book she was the only one to get him out of his depressed state.

I am only saying their were tons of evidence for the parings but people wear to blinded by their ships to see them clearly. It's just like the Naruto x Hinata and Naruto x Sasuke fandom.

*Please* don't post stuff like this in a MOVIE thread. It's just going to devolve into a shipping argument, and this thread is only supposed to be about the movie facepalm.png

#14 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 10 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Please* don't post stuff like this in a MOVIE thread. It's just going to devolve into a shipping argument, and this thread is only supposed to be about the movie facepalm.png

Ok sorry, Sakura i WILL not poststuff like that again

#15 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

You can't really compare Naruto with Harry Potter. One is a manga and the other is a novel and they both use different archetypes and characterizations that are vastly different from one another. I honestly can't see a connection whatsoever between the two.

Ron and Hermione getting together was pretty obvious from the beginning. I preferred Harry/Hermione (and they had some good interaction in the last book especially with Hermione trying to make Harry MAN the hell up, and was doing her best to help the situation) but knew that wasn't going to happen. The only thing that slightly bothered me was Harry ending up with Ginny simply because Rowling just wanted to pair him up and give him a cheery ending in the epilogue, which I found distasteful. Ron/Hermione I can see, but Harry/Ginny I have no idea about.

EDIT: Damn it, didn't see Shauna's post. I apologize.

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jul 10 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok sorry, Sakura i WILL not poststuff like that again

Thanks. If you *do* want to discuss the pairings found in the Harry Potter series, you can always just create an all-new thread devoted to just that happy.gif

QUOTE (True @ Jul 10 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The final book? I started to lose interest after the fifth. I really enjoyed the series when it first started out, but eventually it disheveled into something that made me genuinely lack interest due to lame plot events and shotty characterization.

I stopped reading midway through the 5th book. Couldn't stomach any more >.>

But I will eventually watch the final movies. Mostly out of morbid curiosity tongue.gif

Edit - Lol, s'okay True *points up at the first part of my post* happy.gif

#17 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:46 AM

I hated the last book with a passion. I won't go into it, but the Hermione/Ron relationship was just random and sudden. It always felt like H/Hr had more development.

Oh well. Its Rowling's book. It killed it for me, so I'm not gonna bother with any further movies.

FML. I didn't see Shauna's post. Sorry. >_O

Edited by Cloud, 11 July 2009 - 04:47 AM.

#18 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:26 AM

I was personally cheering for Luna/Harry, always found their interaction funny. The whole Ginny thing came out of nowhere for me, oh well....

I'll definatly check out the movie, kind of a tradition taking my little cousins to the new ones. biggrin.gif

#19 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

The traditional Harry Potter marathon is on ABC Family. smile.gif I'm watching it now, Chamber of Secrets is on.

#20 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:17 PM

Yes, I will be one of the many fans to be at the midnight showing.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users