• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:44 AM

Not really sure how many, if any boxings fans are here but I thought I'd give it a try.

Im really pumped to see this fast, especially with Boxing having been so boring lately. Its interesting because its a big time fight not involving an American Fighter, but A British and Phillipino fighter. "The Battle of the East and West"

Can't wait to see how Pacman does agianst Hatton. I wasn't really impressed by his defeat of De La Hoya, because he should of quit a long time ago.

Edited by Mik3, 03 May 2009 - 02:46 AM.

\

#2 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:46 AM

Pacman obliterated Hatton, 2nd RD KO

no doubt about it now, Manny's the best pound for pound fighter in the world

#3 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:20 AM

I was at work, being miserable about the Bulls losing, and my dad told me about this.

Good job, Pac-man. biggrin.gif

#4 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

Pinoy Pride! Pac-Man pwns!

#5 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

I went with my friend to grab some dinner and by the time we got back it was already over! WTF man! Ended up watching Notorious.

Anyway I think Bernard Hopkins said it best, only person who can beat Manny is....Manny! Best P4P fighter in the world currently.

#6 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

Tee-hee, check the sig. wink.gif
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#7 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:22 AM

You go, Pac-man!

I was worried when Haton got knocked down because it didn't look like he's breathing.... D: Good thing he's okay.

But still. Long live the legend, Manny Pacquiao!
I am still pinky-ash

#8 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:25 AM

Hellz yeah! And within the last 8 seconds of Round 2! It was an awesome day to be a Filipino!

#9 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

Filipinos here were really overjoyed when he won biggrin.gif

#10 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:20 AM

I watched this fight again and I caught a lot more thing then I did the first time. Few things I noticed:

1.Manny actually did beat Ricky down like I thought he did. Rick actually got tired in the second round after throwing so many hay makers and only connecting with a few of them.

2.When he did connect with them, Manny doesnt flinch he staggers back. Manny appears to have a soft chin and he uses his speed and aggresiveness to try and push the other fighter back so they can't capitalize on these hits. It worked aces with Hatton because Hatton is infamous for not working out as much as the average fighter does. Because while Pacquiao did get some decent shots in, hes more tired than anything. This is evident when in the second round, Hatton tags Pacquiao with his right and Manny backs up with his left arm flailing and he is wide open. But Hatton just stands there tiredly and does nothing. It may have been his shot to knock Pacquiao out right there and then.

3.Shane Mosley wants to fight Pacquiao bad and I see why now. Shane has got the speed adn power, but also the stamina to keep up with Manny. And if doesn't tire himself out then he should be able to come with the power shots that he used to beat Margarito who know one in the world thought could be beat at the time (though they found plaster in his gloves so he was a cheater).

Shane wants Manny to move up and fight him. And if he does, im sure Shane is going to knock him out in under 5 rounds. Because getting any ever will slow him down and he doesnt have the chin or the defense to win the kind of fight shane wants.

If anything, Shane should move down since hes the one challenging Pacquiao. But Manny and his trainer have already said they'd fight anyone anywhere, so who knows.

Oh and Pacquiao obliterated Hatton's jaw.

Edited by Mik3, 19 May 2009 - 02:20 AM.

\

#11 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:39 AM

according to the news, manny pacquiao will fight the winner of the mayweather-marquez fight.

#12 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

That's the logical scenario and one we all want to see (especially if Mayweather wins like most expect him to), but who knows if it will happen? Mayweather might try to lowball Pacquiao in the purse splits.

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#13 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ May 19 2009, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the logical scenario and one we all want to see (especially if Mayweather wins like most expect him to), but who knows if it will happen? Mayweather might try to lowball Pacquiao in the purse splits.

Actually, I think Marquez could beat Mayweather. But leading up to the fight, Shane Mosely is going to keep calling out Manny to fight him first.
\

#14 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:36 AM

And now, the Pacquiao/Hatton fight presented retro-style.

Edited by Jwolf0, 20 May 2009 - 01:37 AM.

#15 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:50 AM

according to pacquiao, he's on his last 2 fights. i think he will retire after that.

#16 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (jacm @ May 19 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
according to pacquiao, he's on his last 2 fights. i think he will retire after that.

Hes not getting any younger so why not. Hopefully he ends his career in style against Mosley and Mayweather
\

#17 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ May 19 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And now, the Pacquiao/Hatton fight presented retro-style.

heh. Im so glad he got dropped. Brits coming over here and booing the national anthem.
\

#18 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:48 AM

and anyway, he's already very rich. he has lots of mansions here in the philippines. and he also owns some business establishments. and yeah. i hope he wins his last 2 fights biggrin.gif

#19 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ May 20 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heh. Im so glad he got dropped. Brits coming over here and booing the national anthem.

You know, I don't think it's necessary to boo the opposition in the first place. It could raise fights, and it'll make them look bad if their fighter lost... which happened.

#20 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 20 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, I don't think it's necessary to boo the opposition in the first place. It could raise fights, and it'll make them look bad if their fighter lost... which happened.

Well sometimes, booing is just part of it. But when you have people talking about how bad americans are, only to come over to cuss and boo at our national anthem, then its just hypocritical. Not saying thats what helped Hatton lose either, Manny is just that good.
\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users