Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:05 PM

As a character, Akamaru comes off more like a prideful, arrogant cat. 

Not that i have an issue with cats, but they're usually jerks and dogs are nice, obedient and loyal to their owner :hm:

Akamaru comes off as the opposite in this chapter...it seems no matter who it is, if Kishi puts a spot light on them now, they're tarnished in the end. 

also, "those feelings I just had...all of it doesn't matter anymore." 

No kidding...  :umm:

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 02 May 2015 - 10:06 PM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#22 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

Ok... That was kinda fun lol

I went in with zero expectations but having it from Akamaru's point of view was a smart move lol

#23 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:55 PM

That's what stood out to me the most. Like wow Akamaru is a very unlikable character if this is the real him. Also this extra chapter was extremely boring. Wasn't pleased.

I agree. Like, I kept on seeing that word everywhere, and even I started to feel offended by it honestly lmao. They made Akamaru a huge pr*ck.
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#24 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

I agree. Like, I kept on seeing that word everywhere, and even I started to feel offended by it honestly lmao. They made Akamaru a huge pr*ck.

Even the dog is an assh*le.

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:05 PM

I didn't understand the ending at all. I almost feel like Akamaru is the last survivor that at least knows the series has gone to tube, so he pretty much aged to misery.

It's what I like to think. But really, this chapter was whatever.

#26 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

Even the dog is an assh*le.

I'm ok with him being jealous about Kiba hanging out with someone other then him, but that doesn't give him the right to call every female his owner interacts with a b*tch. Ugh, even Akamaru's been ruined :down:

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:09 PM

I'm ok with him being jealous about Kiba hanging out with someone other then him, but that doesn't give him the right to call every female his owner interacts with a b*tch. Ugh, even Akamaru's been ruined :down:

I just find that line about women unnecessary unless he learns something, which he didn't.

#28 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

I just find that line about women unnecessary unless he learns something, which he didn't.

Same. That came way out of left field, but I'm guessing they were trying to make it seem comedic. I didn't laugh though.

#29 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

Same. That came way out of left field, but I'm guessing they were trying to make it seem comedic. I didn't laugh though.

I thought the concept was neat but failed to capitalized it. The problem is the length, it should have been longer. The whole time is having him complaining about Kiba and that woman, who actually looks like Hinata. So when he got the shot, it felt like it was going to come in full circle, but instead, he just himself again. The impact was missed if the message was him protecting him, though everything just felt like it was just Akamaru complaining left and right. It almost felt like his life is going to suck after that moment, which I guess you can say it did. It didn't have anything. Just one chapter of no parts scenario.

"How will the life of this two barking duo turn out...?" I don't know, the series ended. You tell me.

#30 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:27 PM

Akamaru forgets that his own mother was a b*tch.

#31 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:30 PM

But yeah, I didn't laugh either.

#32 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

I thought the concept was neat but failed to capitalized it. The problem is the length, it should have been longer. The whole time is having him complaining about Kiba and that woman, who actually looks like Hinata. So when he got the shot, it felt like it was going to come in full circle, but instead, he just himself again. The impact was missed if the message was him protecting him, though everything just felt like it was just Akamaru complaining left and right. It almost felt like his life is going to suck after that moment, which I guess you can say it did. It didn't have anything. Just one chapter of no parts scenario.

"How will the life of this two barking duo turn out...?" I don't know, the series ended. You tell me.

Same. The concept was cool, because we never have seen what Akamaru actually thinks regarding everything around him, but this story just made him look like a whiner. Plus half of the story was made for promoting the other pairings/making NH seem like the golden couple again. It's kinda sad looking at Akamaru here compared to the ending, because that dog looked like it was on its last breath during that chapter.

Akamaru forgets that his own mother was a b*tch.

Lmao, good point :lmao:

#33 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:50 AM

You know what...I would rather see an entire mini series based on a dog's point of view of the world...than two spoiled kids with daddy issues.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#34 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:59 AM

I can vouch for that one.

#35 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:21 AM

I read it. It sucks ass. Basically Akamaru calls a veterinarian a b*tch & a couple of fangirls literally say "they're really suited for eachother!" when Naruto & Hinata walk down the street. It's hilarious!! XD The SS cover is complete troll, there is none lol.

If they're really suited for each other, the author shouldn't have to announce it. Show, don't tell.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#36 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:49 AM

akamaru is simply conveying kishi's thoughts and feelings toward women.  

this chapter reeks of his typical sexist bs.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#37 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:50 AM

akamaru is simply conveying kishi's thoughts and feelings toward women.  

this chapter reeks of his typical sexist bs.

I guess we weren't exaggerating...

#38 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

I just thought that he would act like, you know, a regular dog and whine whenever Kiba gives attention to somebody else. But there was no need for him to be so outright rude. Literally nothing is helping Naruto at this point.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#39 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:17 AM

This was awkwardly translated. I could almost see what it was going for, giving Akamaru a bit of 'bite' and talking in context of canine relations--heat, referring to a female as a kitten. The 'what do women know' comment was probably in response to the two fangirls, and it was just defensive of the admiration he held for his master. Naruto and Hinata walking together wasn't really interesting. Oh look, a Hyuuga Heiress and a Hokage, of course they're conveniently suited for one another. 

Cat girl and Kiba are really cute. Ino and Sai also looked kind of cute together too. Otherwise, I dunno, it wasn't horrible it was just awkwardly phrased and I think the tone was at times a bit too harsh for Akamaru. 

#40 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

This was awkwardly translated. I could almost see what it was going for, giving Akamaru a bit of 'bite' and talking in context of canine relations--heat, referring to a female as a b*tch. The 'what do women know' comment was probably in response to the two fangirls, and it was just defensive of the admiration he held for his master. Naruto and Hinata walking together wasn't really interesting. Oh look, a Hyuuga Heiress and a Hokage, of course they're conveniently suited for one another. 

Cat girl and Kiba are really cute. Ino and Sai also looked kind of cute together too. Otherwise, I dunno, it wasn't horrible it was just awkwardly phrased and I think the tone was at times a bit too harsh for Akamaru. 

I didn't expect Akamaru to sound like that at all. He was more like the rabid Road to Ninja Akamaru which would make sense in this now twisted ass manga.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users