• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:21 PM

I figured I mostly post recipes in my LJ now, so I can leave them here too. I'll start you out with something simple that's always a fan favorite.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

1 c. sugar
1 c. butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. creamy peanut butter(or chunky if you wish to add texture)
1/4 c. milk
3 1/2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
Jelly or Jam of your choice

1. preheat oven to 375(if you are using a dark nonstick cookie sheet set it to 350)
2. Combine first 7 ingrediants and mix.
3. Mix in peanut butter, milk, floup and baking soda
4. Scoop Tablespoon sized portions and roll into balls
5. Using the back of a 1/2 tsp, press into balls to make impression in the middle of the cookie. Spoon 1/4 tsp of jelly into center.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes

Okay, not the best set of directions, but if you have any questions, I can answer them.

Also, for those in a hurry or lacking culinary skills, Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix works perfectly. Follow the bags mixing directions and step 4 and 5. Trust me, if your making this with kids, the mix makes it so much easier cause it's just the bag 1Tbsp water, 3 Tbsp veg oil and 1 egg, so it's mixed up in seconds.

I've personally found that these taste more of jelly the first day, but one the second(if they last that long) it levels out to a good mix of peanut butter and jelly

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

Except for the fact that they have peanut butter in 'em, and I'm not a fan of any cookie or candy that has peanut butter in it, including Reeses excluding Butterfingers (which is the only kind of peanut butter candy I like XD), those cookies of yours look absolutely DELICIOUS and oh so mouthwatering! wow.png

*Nao wants sweet cookies and candy, but can't eat any without getting sick* shamefulcry0js.gif

Oh, whai did you post such nummy looking pics, Neko-sis D:

And when can u post sum moar :teehee:

#3 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:34 AM

Those cookies look yummy! Looks like I'm gonna look after this blog for recipes.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#4 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:34 AM

New day, New cookie!!!

Lemon Sugar Cookie

3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar (set aside one cup for coating)
1 egg
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon lemon extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

In a medium bowl, cream together butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, corn syrup, and lemon extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Cover dough, and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll chilled dough into walnut sized balls.

Roll balls in remaining sugar, and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned

I like to use the large decorating sugar to add cruch to these cookies and a nice glittery sparkle. These cookies are sweet, but not overly sugary, with a nice lemon flavor. If you've had the lemon sandwich girl scout cookies it's like those without the cream filling.

#5 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:34 AM

I am soooo going to try those peanut butter and jelly cookies! tongue.gif

#6 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:52 AM

Noooooo!! Why must you post the epicness of the cookies!! Now I'm hungry and in a baking mood arg.gif

Oh, quick questions. Do you only post the end result or do you post step by step pics too like I've seen at some other blogs?

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#7 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:24 PM

At this point I only can post end results. I hope to do a few harder recipes with step by step photo's but I dont have the time yet. So far it's been cookies, but I have more things to post like pizza dough and full dinners.

#8 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Nikko @ Nov 10 2008, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far it's been cookies, but I have more things to post like pizza dough and full dinners.

Yummy. Looking forward to those posts wow.png

#9 MelisaArtemis

MelisaArtemis

*Meow*

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:my boyfriend,Narusaku,Ragnarok, Narusaku, Digimon 03, Narusaku fics, Games. have I mention Narusaku?

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:30 AM

*Drool* can I have some?

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (MelisaArtemis @ Nov 10 2008, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Drool* can I have some?

I no rite wow.png

#11 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:47 AM

I wish I could send everyone cookies, but I can't even easily make them myself since I have no mixer. But tomorrows recipe is one everyone can make regardless of owning a mixer or not. It's a hand mixed dough that is easy and makes tasty cookies.

#12 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Nikko @ Nov 10 2008, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish I could send everyone cookies, but I can't even easily make them myself since I have no mixer. But tomorrows recipe is one everyone can make regardless of owning a mixer or not. It's a hand mixed dough that is easy and makes tasty cookies.

I remember your sushi candy at Otakon, and I still kick myself to this day for not videotaping them for everyone to get to see XD

#13 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:13 PM

Okay, no yummy photo today, but it's a yummy recipe. I'm posting this one especially for Shauna because it’s an oatmeal cookie and you can beat it…literally. This is for all those days where one of us does something that just ticks you off, you can work out your anger and are left with nummy cookies.

Aggression Cookies

1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar (I use light, but dark works just as well)
1 ½ butter softened
3 cups old fashion oats (the kind in the large tubs)
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
Sugar for coating

Combine brown sugar, butter, oats, baking soda and flour in large mixing bowl. Mash, kneed, squeeze, punch and beat ingredients to make a dough. (Start with mashing and squeezing so your dough is formed, then you can beat it all you want)

Form dough into walnut sized balls (about a table spoon of dough), roll balls in sugar and place on ungreased baking sheet. Gently flatten balls to about ¼ - ½ inch thick. (I know I said gently, but your suppose to get all your anger out before this step)

Bake in a preheated over at 350° for about 15 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!!!

#14 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Nikko @ Nov 11 2008, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, no yummy photo today, but it's a yummy recipe. I'm posting this one especially for Shauna because it’s an oatmeal cookie and you can beat it…literally. This is for all those days where one of us does something that just ticks you off, you can work out your anger and are left with nummy cookies.

Aggression Cookies

1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar (I use light, but dark works just as well)
1 ½ butter softened
3 cups old fashion oats (the kind in the large tubs)
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
Sugar for coating

Lol, aggression cookies. Awesome! Thanks for posting the recipe XD

#15 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:38 AM

Just so you know panda-chan, if you dont want to get messy you can mix it in a gallon zip bag with the air pressed out. So no sticky hands and all the fun beating.

#16 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

It's day four of cookie week and we're stepping it up with White Chocolate and Pistachio cookies. You need a mixer for these, be it handheld of the counter top kind.

Today’s cookies are a little more mature, not naughty or anything, they just appeal more to an adult then a child. There’s always a few kids that like these, but why share if you don’t have to?

Pistachio and White Chocolate Cookies

½ cup softened butter
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ firmly packed brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup old fashion oats
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
6 oz white chocolate morsels
½ cup coarsely chopped pistachios

In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and egg. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt, mix well and add to butter mixture and mix until blended. Add chocolate and nuts, mixing well.

Preheat oven to 350°

Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes and cool on wire rack.

#17 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:17 AM

That look scrumpcious!!! wow.png

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#18 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:02 AM

Damn you, Nikko. For making me this hungry. T-T

#19 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:39 AM

Okay, no photo today, but this is my mother favorite cookie ever, so I just had to post it here to share.

Chewy Coconut Macaroons

½ cup cake flour
2 ½ cups loosely packed sweetened flaked coconut
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1. Adjust an oven rack to the center position and preheat the oven to 250°F. Line caking sheets with cooking parchment or silicon liner; set aside

2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and coconut, tossing well with your fingertips to coat the coconut with the flour. Add the condensed milk and vanilla and stir with wooden spoon or spatula until well combined. The mixture will be stiff.

3. Spoon rounded regular teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart and making 20 mounds.

4. Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the baking sheets from the front to the back at 15 minutes. Remove after 30 minutes and increase heat to 350°F and bake for 6 to 10 minutes more, only until the macaroons are golden brown all over; do not over bake. Carefully transfer to cooling racks with wide metal spatula and cool completely.

* If you want to add an extra touch of fancy to these, melt chocolate morsels in double boiler and dip bottoms in chocolate. Set on wax paper to harden and drizzle melted chocolate over top.

#20 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

Ooooh... macarooooons...

Damn, Nikko, this is why it takes so much effort for me to check up on your blog. You make me so HUNGRY!!!! I want fooood! rawr.gif

.... actually, it's brekkie time for me. I'll just go heat up the grub...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users