#21 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 16 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I'd find "Diamond Crevasse" the most interesting if you changed the premise a bit. Instead of being Hanabi centric have it be Sakura centric. From where you left it have Sakura still a tad annoyed at Naruto, but secretly a bit turned on, because Sakura definitely likes the idea of being seduced by Naruto.

Naruto doesn't realize this, even though Sakura has been flirting with him. It makes Sakura realize there is one way she'll finally get him to act. Challenge him to seduce her into becoming his lover. She'll get him riled up by taunting him that he's all talk (in front of the guys going to him for advice), his advice is lame. Prove he's such a great lady's man by seducing her into becoming his lover.

I've thought about going Sakura-centric with the story, but no matter how much I try to flesh out the NaruSaku portions, I just can't seem to get it to be as long or complex enough to stand on its own, especially considering how much more intricately I've planned Hanabi's story out to be

QUOTE (Gnosismaster @ Dec 6 2008, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Digifruit...even if you don't finish some of your stories you're making...can you at least post what you got and maybe inspire the rest of us to finish? I'm always looking for NaruSakuIno and NaruSaku stories and would be glad to finish it.

Hmm, I guess I could post some stuff that I'm 100% sure I won't continue... but the thing is, there are actually a lot of times where I would copy-paste-edit portions of different unfinished fics to create sort of a frankenstein fic (my oneshot "Icha Icha Fantasy" originally started out as three separate unfinished fics), so I never know when I'm going to be 100% sure I'd never touch a certain unfinished fic ever again, haha sweatdrop.gif

as for a status update and my WIP fics... I'm concentrating on "Fly Me to the Moon" currently, but I am having some trouble with it. It's turning out to be a very "slice of life" type of fic, which I haven't really done much of since my Evangelion fic days, so I'm very rusty when it comes to writing that kind of stuff, haha.

#22 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (digifruit @ Dec 7 2008, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've thought about going Sakura-centric with the story, but no matter how much I try to flesh out the NaruSaku portions, I just can't seem to get it to be as long or complex enough to stand on its own, especially considering how much more intricately I've planned Hanabi's story out to be

Hmm, I guess I could post some stuff that I'm 100% sure I won't continue... but the thing is, there are actually a lot of times where I would copy-paste-edit portions of different unfinished fics to create sort of a frankenstein fic (my oneshot "Icha Icha Fantasy" originally started out as three separate unfinished fics), so I never know when I'm going to be 100% sure I'd never touch a certain unfinished fic ever again, haha sweatdrop.gif

as for a status update and my WIP fics... I'm concentrating on "Fly Me to the Moon" currently, but I am having some trouble with it. It's turning out to be a very "slice of life" type of fic, which I haven't really done much of since my Evangelion fic days, so I'm very rusty when it comes to writing that kind of stuff, haha.

What exactly do you mean 'slice of life'?

Do you mean an actual happy story with an actual happy ending that doesn't result in feelings of sadness?

Edited by Gnosismaster, 08 December 2008 - 03:23 AM.

#23 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Gnosismaster @ Dec 7 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What exactly do you mean 'slice of life'?

Do you mean an actual happy story with an actual happy ending that doesn't result in feelings of sadness?

yeah, "Fly me to the moon" is turning out to be just a story about everyday life... a slightly ecchi comedy about Ino, Sakura, and Naruto all living under one roof. There is a relevant sidestory involving Shikamaru and Ino's family, which has a more serious vibe to it and will eventually intertwine with the main story, but it doesn't really detract from the overall cheerful mood. Though, knowing me and my track record of depressing fics, that could change... sweatdrop.gif

And because there's no concrete plot flow with these types of "slice of life" stories, I'm having somewhat of a hard time, haha. It's fun though, cuz I've never written anything quite like this.

#24 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

What will the pairing end up as? NaruSakuIno? Because it sounds to me like Ino's already married...I hope not.

#25 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (Gnosismaster @ Dec 8 2008, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What will the pairing end up as? NaruSakuIno? Because it sounds to me like Ino's already married...I hope not.

hmm... I guess it is a NaruSakuIno fic, but I'm really hesitant on classifying it as such. And what makes you think that Ino is already married? o_O;;

#26 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (digifruit @ Dec 9 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm... I guess it is a NaruSakuIno fic, but I'm really hesitant on classifying it as such. And what makes you think that Ino is already married? o_O;;

Because of this sentence...

"There is a relevant sidestory involving Shikamaru and Ino's family."

That told me that they were married but apparently they're not.

#27 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:13 AM

well... Fly Me to the Moon has just been released
http://www.fanfictio..._Me_to_the_Moon

I've actually upgraded Code Sharingan into a multichapter fic and have finished the first chapter already, but I'm hesitant on releasing it because of sub-par quality... and, plus, multichapter fics and I tend to not get along very well, haha. I did have a lot of fun writing it, but I'm not sure if I could ever release it "officially" on FFnet. Perhaps I could do a "heaven & earth exclusive" release for Code Sharingan if anybody actually does want to read it.

I'm not really sure which oneshot I'm going to concentrate on next, but it's possible I might take a break from writing to concentrate on school. In addition to the sneak-peeks on the first post of this thread, I have another oneshot in the works called "Dearly Beloved" about a mission that takes Naruto and Ino away from Konoha for many years and deals with Ino's growing feelings for him despite his heart still being back in Konoha with Sakura. It's still early in development though, so don't expect to see it (or any oneshot for that matter) any time soon.

#28 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:28 AM

I really liked Fly Me To The Moon. It made me like Ino that much more :thumbs:

Dearly Beloved seems to be pretty interesting as well - I quite like the idea happy.gif But of course, school's important too, so just take your time!

#29 IntrepidSpacemanSpiff

IntrepidSpacemanSpiff

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:19 AM

I"m pretty interested by Dearly Beloved and Thanatos

#30 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (digifruit @ Jan 12 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well... Fly Me to the Moon has just been released
http://www.fanfictio..._Me_to_the_Moon

I've actually upgraded Code Sharingan into a multichapter fic and have finished the first chapter already, but I'm hesitant on releasing it because of sub-par quality... and, plus, multichapter fics and I tend to not get along very well, haha. I did have a lot of fun writing it, but I'm not sure if I could ever release it "officially" on FFnet. Perhaps I could do a "heaven & earth exclusive" release for Code Sharingan if anybody actually does want to read it.

I'm not really sure which oneshot I'm going to concentrate on next, but it's possible I might take a break from writing to concentrate on school. In addition to the sneak-peeks on the first post of this thread, I have another oneshot in the works called "Dearly Beloved" about a mission that takes Naruto and Ino away from Konoha for many years and deals with Ino's growing feelings for him despite his heart still being back in Konoha with Sakura. It's still early in development though, so don't expect to see it (or any oneshot for that matter) any time soon.

Ill tell you one thing, I will read absolutely anything and everything you write, you are easily one of my favourite authors if not my favourite entirely, so if you put up anything here, I will definitely read it, and im sure there is quite a few others who would too. With that said, If you arent comfortable releasing it for whatever reason, you dont have to, Ill never try and force you to write/release anything you dont want too.

Anyway, great work on Fly Me To The Moon, absolutely brilliant fic, as usual. And as usual, I cant wait for the next piece of writing you produce, however, take as long as you need, school is very important afterall.

#31 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

I agree Fly me to the moon was a another masterpiece Digi. take your well deserverd Kudos and rest up sow e can egt another great story from you soon.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

I keep forgetting to fav the fic sweatdrop.gif

Fly Me to the Moon was AWESOME!! Great job! :thumbs:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#33 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

Nice job on Fly Me To The Moon. x3 I read it like 3 times in a row before I went to school yesterday. *O*

O: I think you should totally put up Code Sharingan. The idea is really interesting. =D

Edited by Deidara Lover, 17 January 2009 - 02:15 AM.

LOVE IS WAR,

#34 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:19 AM

Would anyone object if I wrote a high school fic based on the "Konoha Gakuen Den" special? "Do You Remember Love" was sort of my attempt at injecting new life into the stale "time travel" cliche, so I figured I might try to give the "high school fic" cliche a similar treatment... key word on "try" haha

I sort of figure that writing a high school fic would be my best chance at giving older Sasuke a fair shot at normal everyday character interaction with the rest of the rookie9 without totally screwing with canon. Plus, I need a break from writing depressing stories too, haha.

And, before anyone asks, yes, it is my style to keep on starting new fics before finishing ones I'm already working on. It's just how I deal with writer's block. I have a million unfinished fics, seriously. Sometimes I even combine a bunch of unfinished fics into one strange frankenstein fic. Believe it or not, "Icha Icha Fantasy" is one such frankenstein fic. It's one of the perks of being a oneshot author, haha.

#35 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:26 AM

I think you'll be just fine and it can work out for the best. I had tried writing about Konoha Gauken before the special but it came out bad which made me to can it. It may be cliche but hey, the animators made it, so might as well write about it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#36 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:14 AM

I've been reading your stories for a while and I really have to say...You are really really good. Better than that actually. I really enjoyed "Fly Me To The Moon", "Icha Icha Fantasy", and "Do You Remember Love".
They were all amazing. Keep up the good work. happy.gif

#37 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:56 AM

I dont find your stories depressing in the slightest. i find you to be a brillaint writer who writes stories deep in emotional context with amazing scenes that evoke strong emotional reactions.

I only wish my stories had half the emotional resonance yours do.

Id say go for it as long as its NaruSaku im there.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#38 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

IntrepidSpacemanStiff just asked me if he could take a whack at "Thanatos" and "Dearly Beloved," and I gave him the green light, so look forward to his takes on my ideas. Also, I'd like to extend the same green light to anybody else who might want to try using any of my story ideas. I guess the reason I'm doing this is because I feel like, if I retired from fanfiction right now, I wouldn't have any regrets. And because of that, I really can sort of see myself retiring sooner or later unless some kind of must-write story idea hits me. But then again, I have thought about retiring many times before and yet I'm still here, so don't take it too seriously, haha.

Well, with that said, I have a break from school for a week, so there's a good chance that I may post something up on FFnet... perhaps at the end of the week maybe? My "Konoha Gakuen Den" fic has already surpassed "Moonlight Sonata" in length and is nearing "Fly Me to the Moon"'s massive word-count, so I may actually break it up into chapters (as weird as that sounds, coming from me, haha). I'm actually having a lot of fun with this one, since it's so different from what I usually write, haha.

#39 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:22 AM

Is it a happy story?

#40 IntrepidSpacemanSpiff

IntrepidSpacemanSpiff

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:38 AM

I'll just come out first and say that while I'm committed to writing both stories, I usually take a long time to complete something tongue.gif. Just thought that anyone looking forward to such things would like to know in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users