HMS NaruSaku Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:18 AM

Please post any and/or all comments, reviews, and material you wish to discuss about the HMS NaruSaku fic here.

Here is the link for the ~Special Edition~ that is READ-ONLY.

As for author's notes, I'll most likely rewrite my Author's Notes that were deleted over again here. And I'll also most likely review over the chapters and explain some terms & situations. Also if there are any questions you wish to ask, or any thing you need help with explanations, I am more than happy to answer them.

Thank you for reading the HMS NaruSaku, and I hope you've enjoyed it so far!

Chapter 1 Author's Notes:

“Click for Chapter 1 Notes“ --Click here to view--
The Naruto X Sakura Fan Club officially started in Late March/Early April of 2004. Around the same time I recently started to watch & read Naruto. When I had first joined NarutoForums, it was run by two people. Tazmo & TrigunFlame. Technically I joined just as the two partnerships/friends were coming to an end, so my forum days were not at to a very good start. In actuality, I had joined NarutoForums earlier in February, and hadn't even thought of starting my own fanclub until later.

As for fan club wise, I, like most newbies, didn't know a single thing about it or even how to join them. Until finally I joined my first club, the Hinata Fan club. Yes, the original owner and creator of NaruSaku FC started out as a very big Hinata fan, and even a bigger Naruto X Hinata supporter. When I first started reading Naruto, I hadn't really focused on Naruto & Sakura, but instead saw the Hinata angle. Here was this nice, quiet girl trying to get with this hard working loud roughneck guy.

And so like in Chapter 1, I was fairly lost in translation, going around trying to get a feel for the forum life.

Side Note: I have had previous Forum experience, but it wasn't as clean or faster paced as it is today. Back when people used to use Forum51.net

Anywho, as for the name "hokuten", I'm not sure how I came up to it. Well that's actually a lie, if you know you're video games, then you'll know that I got it from Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1, not GBA). My original tag line was "Hokuten of the Death Corps", then after I really got into Lone Wolf & Cub, I changed it to "Hokuten of the Suio-Ryu". Moving on ...

The 2nd Official Fan Club I had joined was the "Tenten Fanclub" run by Kinumi (if any of you recognize the name, yes the very same who is a FF.net Author, DA, SheezyArt, and resident of Bakakage.net). I didn't really join the Tenten fanclub because I liked tenten at the time, but more because it seemed to be the most popular at the time, and most active (with a whopping 20-30k posts when I had joined myself). So I figured, "why not?". There I met ZeroAxIX, Kinumi's partner in crime, who I might add is also a supporter of LeeTen.

Soon in mid-February, NarutoForums got hacked into and was shut down. (Rumor by someone named Angelic, and from what I heard one of their past Admins/Mods that went rogue). So when NF was rebooted and opened up again, I decided "maybe I'll try running my own fan club for once".

What drove me to start the NaruSaku Fanclub you ask? Was it fanfiction? Or storyline depth? Or simply the fact that it "seemed" like the right pairing? None of the above. In fact ... it was FanArt.

http://img320.images...rusaku161iw.jpg

Thus a chain reaction had started in my mind. I was so infatuated with NaruSaku, that I then wrote a NaruSaku Fic! Most of you might know it as Chapter 1: Parting Ways of my Village Of Hentai fic on AdultFanfiction.net (and on MediaMiner.org). Not only was that my first fic ever written being NaruSaku and all, but also my very first Lemon Fic as well. And thus finally, I consulted with Vash73hStampede about making Fanclubs, and he gave me his consent.

And so I started the Naruto X Sakura fan club. (One of the first true pairing threads created in NarutoForums, exluding Alden's "Rare Pairings Thread").

After creating the club, there wasn't much traffic to it really. Sadly I was always out on the 2nd - 3rd page. I would be the only one posting in my own thread. I did get a few members and such, but no one really active, much supportive. Simply a few "I'll join!" or "Oh cool! I guess I'll join!". Back then it wasn't such a big deal about NaruSaku or NaruHina. It simply about fandom, and not rivalry, or even which pairing was "Canon".

Afterwards, NF was attacked once again by whomever they had enemies with (was never clearly stated). And that was when I found out about Bakakage.net.

I'll save more material about NarutoForums for future chapters and explanations.

Chapter 2 Author's Notes:

”Click for Chapter 2 Notes --Click here to view--
As stated in this Chapter, Bakakage was technically a place for those "Former" members of NarutoForums, but were banned for whatever specific reason. So pretty much the atmosphere of Bakakage was fairly anti-NarutoForums at the time. I think most of them were banned for "expressing their honest & open opinion".

Anywho, BK being the second Naruto themed forum I joined, you could tell the level of difference. Where as NF was more brighter and probably had more rules; in BK it was a little more laid back, and people did as they please. They even had an open Spam Forum. But the real attraction of BK was their open Hentai Section. Personally I think it was both their main attraction, but also not the best idea because of the constant lurker traffic.

Despite their Hentai Lurkers, Spam Forum, and over all anti-newb feelings, they did have a really good Fanfiction Section. Populated by some fairly big names, i.e Alden, Kinumi, Lackey_H, TTLOTS, Blood Shinobi (who at first was a very reliable review, then became author. I might also add that he was the few people who supplied a full on Hentai Archive for those who wanted it.), and much more. Back then they were pretty infamous, probably still are for all I know.

As for trying to start up the NaruSaku FC in BK, it was really rough. Mainly because the majority there is oriented towards S***S***. So pretty much I got boo'ed at, and got some pity joiners (because they felt sorry that I was the only one there trying to support it). But by now it didn't really matter much, because things were starting to pick up over at NF. I began to get a steady number of members, and I didn't have to double post as much to bump the NF NaruSaku FC Thread.

Also in their Fan Club section they had a lot more "Off-topic" Fan Clubs than Naruto Oriented clubs. So naturally you'd have the "Hentai FC", or the "Yuri/Yaoi FC", and more personalize/member FCs (i.e "ilovekabuto FC" etc etc).

Although in the end, I think Bakakage started to lean towards Bleach more than Naruto when Bleach first came out. So they opened up their own Bleach sub-forums and I found that more active than the actual Naruto ones. But by default they are technically a naruto forum.

Chapter 3 Author's Notes:

”Click for Chapter 3 Notes” --Click here to view--
The joke of "NyQuil" was created by Paul (aka Blayze). I forgot how it came to, but apparently I think we were talking about drinking something to get drunk. And all I had in the house was bottles of NyQuil, and the cough syrup has like 2-3% Alcohol Volume in it. Also the fact that I think we believed that NyQuil was the solution to everything. I don't remember, so don't quote me exactly.

Anyway, continuing with the rivalry between NF & BK. I believe this was the 3rd or 4th attack on NF since I joined back in February. By now, as I've stated in the fic itself, tension between Tazmo & TrigunFlame had begun to rise. Again, do not quote me on what reasonings they had to fight for. But from word of mouth, I heard that apparently their "friendship/partnership" was beginning to turn south. But then I also believe that because a good majority of NF's population (the longer standing members) felt that TrigunFlame's actions were getting out of hand, apparently the members were thinking he was going on "Power Trips". I wouldn't know because I had only joined the month earlier before the dispute. Personally I didn't think he was doing anything bad, and found him in favor because all he was doing was simply running his forum.

Side Note: I just remembered that it was Tazmo who ran the Website (http://www.narutofan.com), and TrigunFlame was the one who ran the Forums.

But as the two finally came to their differences, I think that was when TrigunFlame took his forums away, and thus NarutoFan had no more forums. I believe during this time it was roughly early May, and then NarutoFan was at an all time low. This was because I remember that the NarutoFan site was shut down for quite a while (I think for Tazmo personal reasons, i.e School, etc.)

Chapter 4 Author's Notes:

”Click for Chapter 4 Notes” --Click here to view--
And thus with the end of NF, how convienent for for another naruto-type forum to pop-up, and look! It's run by TrigunFlame! The funny part was that the forum was exactly NF, only the name was changed to "NarutoTalk" (thus dubbed NT later on). Now I had to admit, NT did start out pretty shady, all the members of BK (of course) had to get their fun on! So they joined NT, had a run of fun and causing a ruckus, and challenging TrigunFlame. And yet again, found themselves banned from NT.

NT started out pretty slow, because many of the NF members took a while to find their way to NT. But slowly and surely the people came. During this time, I had just restarted the NaruSaku FC, and things were pretty shaky. For a time, I almost started the NaruHina FC, yes me, could you imaging me as owner of both NaruSaku/Hina. Now that would be somewhat of a controversy, conspiracy. But unfortunately, I did not start that club, and chose to run this one.

Side Note: Another note is that, I actually ran multiple clubs back then. (i.e. Kin FC, Shizune FC, Initial D FC, etc etc.) I actually managed nearly 5-6 different fanclubs (including Naruto-related & off-topic FCs). Back then it was pretty crazy, but eventually I finally chose to put my heart into one club.

Back in NT, I wasn't necessarily "famous", or "infamous", back then but I was fairly dutily noted by the people. Like if they mentioned my name, they would know who I was. Maybe not, "ZOMFG YOU KNOW HIM!?", but more on the level of "Oh Hoku? Yeah he's a great guy, really cool". And again, back then I had something like 5000+ posts (legit, and not actual spam). I was more known for starting the Initial D thread (like in the storyline). That was where I met a lot of good people, and during my car tuning days. I mean I'm still into car modification, and engineering, but not as crazy as back then.

Anyway, during this time, the pairing of NaruSaku was in the air, but not quite "in the zone". We never really were "in the zone" for a very very long time. I only exaggerate because it makes us look like the underdog (which I still believe we are, despite the manga and all). So anyway for a good month or so, it was only me in my thread, welcoming people, trying to keep it on the 1st page/updated and what not. It was rough, really rough. Then finally, Blayze/Paul joined!

That was things kinda of picked up, because now at least I wasn't just talking to myself, but now I had someone TO talk to! Which is why I consider him, one of the very core people that define me as well as the club. If it weren't for him joining, I don't think I would be the way I am, well ... maybe not as eccentric at least. XD

And so we thrived, and went on about our business. The next person to notably join is LoveHinaGuy, and not Bassclef (who is next). LHG came second, and was very eager in support of us. I think at first he was constantly with us and stopped by in the NaruHina FC every now and then, but as times changed it soon became the reverse. Despite that, he was still a good mediator between both sides.

Actually, now that I think about it ... in the beginning, people didn't really join us because of NaruSaku, but joined simply because of us (the members). Which now I understand why the Tenten FC was so wildly popular, because Kinumi & ZeroAxIX were very charismatic and fun to be with.

Anyway, next to join came Bassclef/Matt, and Mrs.Hyuga. It was kinda of a funny packaged deal in a way. Where Mrs.Hyuga became our first club artist, but she was actually a more naruhina/sasusaku pairing type person (if I remember correctly). But of course, she joined us in good spirits and was pretty happy to be around with us.

Oh yeah, and before those two was this member named Kuja (after the FF9 villian, I think). That person joined after LHG, and for a time became our "mascot" in a way, because Kuja would constantly post and update the thread for us. Also not to mention that Kuja contributed that very 2nd banner we have.

http://i2.photobucke...3/muu123/02.gif

Yes, I don't exactly remember which artist created it originally for us, but Kuja made the effort to actually get someone to make it for us. And we are forever grateful to them. On a side note, Kuja had a tendency to come and go. Disappear and reappear very randomly. But I believe the reasoning is becuase the member had found their calling, One Piece. Afterwards Kuja, was so into One Piece that he/she had left us, and the Naruto fandom for One Piece. XD

Anyway moving on with storywise relation: NT soon became fairly established and thus took over the reigns in being a highly populated naruto-type forum. And of course BK wallowing in it's shadows took it's time to poison it with whatever influence they could. (i.e. Tub girl, Goatse, Maggot kittens pictures etc etc. Or simply mislinking some fan club links to hentai links, thus getting people in trouble) All acts fairly minor and considered mischievous, but not actual hacking into the database, and disrupting the server. BK may have been the dark side of the naruto-base forums, but never directly attacked anyone (unless provoked).

I believe it was during this time I took some time off from Naruto in general, because I felt comfortable about leaving the club in the hands of Paul, and the others. As the club was already fairly slow in getting members anyway. And there was no REAL tension going on between NaruSaku/Hina or SasuSaku. If anything we were all very impartial towards each other, or much less didn't even care about rivalry. (Kinda sad on how we look at it now, what with all the "intense" debating, and "heated rivalry" currently.)

Also that Jack Sparrow tidbit, I just had to add, simply because Pirates Of The Caribbean was large at the time. No actual correlation to the story now.

IMPORTANT Author's Note: About the upcoming Pairings War

”Click for Author’s Notes” --Click here to view--
Now before I continue with the explaination of the HMS NaruSaku fic, there are a few things needed to know about how and why we became such an influence.

Before going into Chapter 5, there are a few factual things needed to be explained. First, the order of who gets recruited is NOT the actual order of when each person joined the club to realtime. I only rearragned the order of people so that it flows into the storyline. If anything, the funny thing is Smiter & sharingank (Ash) were the last few people to actually join the club after a while, instead of being the first two. Yoko, HFB/HH/Cody, Aethos, Arashi, Uzumaki Naruto (UN), and even Shinyu/Lee (before he shortened his name). They were all already members way before Smiter and Ash. But if anything indeed it was Smiter who joined first, before Ash graced us with her presence. The funny story being that one day we were all just talking like usual, and I had happened to notice on the "Members Viewing this thread" bar a peculiar name "sharingank".

And I quote myself, "Hey, does anyone else see who is viewing our thread!? A certain celebrity!?" And I forgot who it was, said "OMG!? Yeah it is Sharingank!!!" This all being very funny on top of the fact that the current convo that she happened to walk into was about her and her fics. So finally she saw us talking about her and spotting her at how she had just joined NT at the time, took it upon herself to finally come out from the couple of seconds of lurking! That indeed was a good day.

Anyone moving on, with other info. It was around this time that I believe someone had finally invoked about how we were and I quote "always on the 1st page", "always updated", and "ever being so put on the spotlight" even though in reality it was only 3 or 4 people actually just talking. I'm not going to name any names, because I don't want people to place scapegoats or such. But anyway, this person had soon started an uprising against NaruSaku popularity. And for what reason I still don't understand why, or how we became such a big deal over a short amount of time. But this was the height of our "rivalry" it was always a race to get more posts in the thread, reach certain number of posts (5k, 10k, 20k, etc etc.) I believe our highest count was a whoping 90k posts in our thread with over 500k views, and we were nearing that 100k post.

Debating was never a problem back then as it was now, as the debating team was made up of Smiter, Ash, Alpha, Aethos (not as agressive as back then), Arashi, and Blayze. Truthfully, I never really stepped into the debating area myself, but instead more likely supplied info when needed, such as manga/anime/comparasion analysis & references.

Anyway, I consider seeing NT as the height of our "revolution", if you want to call i that. Here many fights, and debating issues came into play. Naturally, we already had a lot of manga support, where as the other pairings relied more on anime material. And of course, no one was really listening to us, more like "choose" not to read or take into consideration our thoughts &/or opinions. So all we could do was keep doing what we did best, and put up a big smile. Whether we were the conversation starting, or killer, normally it all ended 1-sided (and of course, usually not on our side most of the time). Although during that time, we did get a lot of leway, and got support over time. Even though the numbers weren't matching our enthusiasm, surely & slowly we kept getting larger in members.

As for the actual "beginning" of when the fighting began, I never really knew how or when it started exactly. But it sort of caught flame somehow, and one thing led to another.

And this ends the 1st half of the NT history update. After the 3rd/4th fall of NT, we'll get into the more specifics of the "Pairing Cold War".

Chapter 5 Author's Notes:

”Click for Chapter 5 Notes” --Click here to view--
Now in Chapter 5, it start's with me coming back to NT. This was because during a time, NT was at a lull and for some reason BK was actually peaking my interest (due to a FanFic Challenge thread). Now as stated in Ch2, BK did have a lot more "fanfic interest" and weren't afraid to push the limits of normal fics, to even open lemons (and very good/mature lemons). Anyway, I took time away from NT since it was slowing down and we hadn't gotten many members by then, until finally I decided it was time to head back.

As for the intro, again POTC was largely popular (and still is), and of course I've always wanted to re-use that scene some how. The imagery of the initial scene of Jack coming in on a small little boat, when at first you'd think he came in on a bigger one. It's that look of pride and dignity that only Johnny Depp can do, but also give that "not all quite there" look. And the bribe scene with instead of money, I used "hentai pics", simply because there was an "18+ Section" and for the most part it was pretty well kept, so everyone pretty much wanted "in", but couldn't because well, a good majority of the population was more like 16+, than actual 18+ or even 21+.

Moving on, a bit about Blayze. To me, the Paul of today is much more refined and gentlemen like, distinguished, and proud! But back then when it was just the two of us, we were pretty rowdy, and liked to cause a ruckus (even if it was only ourselves). We'd definitely discuss our major dislike of Yaoi, yet hypocritically of course supporting Yuri all the more. I believe by now, indeed Paul WAS my official Co-Owner (after replacing Kuja for professional reasons ---> cuz he abandonded us for One Piece). So while I was away, I did leave him in charge most of the time, and again, this was before he got Sysco Certified (real-time), and then got that spiffy job of his! So he had a fairly good amount of free time on his hands. So Blayze back then, was more like at a full time of Flavar (his alter ego). The jokes between us went back and forth, I was drawn to him for his wit, he was drawn to me cuz ... well I liked to laugh, whether normally or maniacally. Oh yes, and the scemes, the lovely "evil scemes" we used to plan. Though sadly, I don't remember any of them anymore T____T;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Anyway, I had been gone for nearly a month in BK (which is a pretty long time), and it had only been Paul, himself that had been keeping the club updated, and refreshed. So when I say "the club was dead", what I really mean is that most of the members we had been scattered around instead of just chilling in our thread.

Also when I did find out one of the main reasonings for why we were being so "looked" down upon, or trying to be shunned down (not shut down, but shunned upon), it was so stupid. Which is why I stated, it never really made any sense to me. "Being TOO POPULAR", right ... how the f--- does one become so popular when you dont even have 100 members, much less barely even 50 at the time, and the only ones chatting are 2 people (quite literally). Boggles the mind doesn't it? And the other one, for "moving up TOO fast", again ... not even 100, barely 50, and only 2 people actually occupy the damn thread. You ask yourself, how is that "moving up TOO fast".

Seeing it from the NaruHina side, I don't know how we ever posed a threat, much even a rival. But thanks to them, we were put onto the spotlight, AND we ended up becoming underdog supporters in our pairings.

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#2 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:22 AM

Author's Notes on Rankings:

Now you may notice on how I've given each member a somewhat "ranking". I tired to base this all off of Naval rankings, but failed pretty miserably. I suppose when I get the chance to go through the entire fic over again, I'll properly rank everyone accordingly. But more over, it wasn't so much for ranking, but status as in what part did they play in the crew.

Also about how the story format is written, you might see similarites towards One Piece. Yes, I have noticed how both this story and the actual manga somewhat correlate. Another funny story! Truthfully, I actually started this fic BEFORE I started reading One Piece. It wasn't until I wrote 10 chapters, or so that I finally got REALLY hooked into One Piece (Due to Soritia's influence). Anyway, after choosing to stop writing, and go on a One Piece binge, I then realized at "wow, it really was almost identical". So yeah, funny how things turn out in the end.

Chapter 6 Author's Notes:

Click for Chapter 6 Notes --Click here to view--
As the end of Chapter 5 comes to this dramatic closing where we are exiting the doors of our club, and thus ... reality sinks in. I liked how that played out into a semi-fictional, yet one of those "why are we doing this again?" kind of moments, and "oh crap! we need a plan first!" situations.

The subtitle "Jack Of All Trades", is actually a little thing we have for Smiter himself. Because we later learned that not ONLY did he debate for us, but also WRITES fics, DRAWS fanart, MANAGES a whole lot of behind the scenes kind of things, and (yes, AND) he has spare time to do much more. I don't remember my exact words, but it was something like "OMG!? Not only does he debate and write ... but he draws too!? SUPERMAN I TELL YOU! He's Superman!" And of course, Smiter being the cool one waved off the notions and simply smiled.

Moving on! In fact, the statistics for NaruSaku members vs NaruHina members, the ratio WAS almost 5:1 (at an all time high). Debating back then wasn't an art, it was more of a sport. People would simply shout out their things and then leave, without any support, or much less any REAL response.

Now Smiter's debating? THAT was ART! As stated in the story itself, the man had such a way with words, that it had you almost swooned. The way he said his words, the way he spoke, the way he put his thoughts out into the open, it's almost like you CAN'T hate him (even if you were rabidly against whatever he was talking about, keeping in mind this was NT, and not the current NF). Rabid fanboy/girls actually SHUT UP to listen to him, and every once in a while he gets through to that person and converts them. I kitten YOU NOT! True story, he's converted at least 2-3 people to our side, that were NaruHina or SasuSaku.

I remember when he first posted his picture in our thread, I immediately thought ... BEN STILLER --> ZOOLANDER! XD Simply because he just had THE LOOK! All jokes a side, Smiter is a really good looking guy, not to mention a very smart, intelligent, educated, great person. I'm not saying this to praise him, but because it's all very true.

OKAY! Moving on once again ...

The bit about where Blayze is describing Smiter's "routine". That little bit is ACTUALLY from Joss Whedon's Angel (TV Series with David Boreanaz). I believe in early Season 1, one of Angel's sidekicks said something like this ...

"Aww come on, look at him! He's handsome, brooding, and the way his jacket swoops over him in the wind."

"So what? Are you attracted to him or something?" Cordelia (played by Charisma Carpenter)

Angel walks in gets his coat, and walks out the door with exact desciption. Then the Cordelia looks at the guy.

"Well ... maybe a little."

Another scene from Angel where Spike (another villian from Buffy Tv Series crossesover to Angel), is watching over Angel and narrarating...

Spike "Ah don't worry lady! I'll save you!"

Angel saves woman from menacing vampire.

Spike "Oh dark brooding handsome man! How can I ever thank you?" "Oh don't worry about it. But now I'm going to exit, watch how my jacket swooshs in the wind and I drive off in my car"

Exact description happens.

OKAY! Back on HMS material, that is what the original scene came from in my head, and I just had to use it for Smiter's entrance. The whole how he's been following the NaruSaku FC, but never really got a chance to join was added for story effect. In fact, Smiter had joined the NaruSaku a while ago before he started debating. Although he was a pretty quite guy back then, but now the man could start a topic and passionately speak as much as he wanted too about it. And then there's the whole fight scene, I wasn't too sure how I wanted to interpret our fight. I wanted it to be like, he knew who I was, but then again didn't know just had that feeling. Then through our fight we could get a better understanding of who we were. As for Smiter's style of fighting, I wanted it to be as smooth and fluent as his words. Like his swordsmanship was that of water, or wind, a flowing stroke, where each and everyone of his movements are not wasted.

So in the end, we all become great friends, and have a good drink over everything while we talk. And as another side note, Smiter's drink is not Rum, but instead is Bourbon (preferably Souther Comfort), my drink is Vodka (Grey Goose, Chopin, Belvedere, or Ketel One) (All unflavored straight up), and Paul's drink is well I don't know cuz he's not 21 yet, but he will be soon enough! So generally I made the constant drink Rum simply because it's the pirate's drink to drink!

As for the actual notion of Smiter suggesting for sharingank (Ash) to be recruited into our ranks was something of a bit interesting for me to write. Funny story, because it was indeed Smiter who kept praising on about Ash's fics and even back then hinted that he kinda had a thing for her before they had even officially met.

It wasn't until later that the Smiter X Ash relationship full became something of Hot Topic later on. I simply pointed it out, then Alpha herself created that which we call SmAsh.

This ends Chapter 6, and now we move on!

Chapter 7 Author's Notes:

Click for Chapter 7 Notes --Click here to view--
Okay, before I start, I would like to state for the record that Alpha herself is NOT officially a Kakashi fangirl herself, but was more or less paired up with Ash, simply because they were the only two real dominant females during that time. If anything, I believe Alpha-chan (yes, Alpha is a girl, most people didn't know until she said so herself), is a Shikamaru fangirl I believe (don't quote me, I could be wrong, and might have her mixed up with someone else). But for the most part those two were the more dominant females in the fanclub. I only used the topic of Kakashi, because at the time it was (at least for Alpha it was the flavor of the month, but for Ash it's still one of her favorites, although currently she has A LOT of favorites). XD

MOVING ON!

Well here it starts out with me pretty much trashed and hungover from our little "celebration" party (even though it only consisted with 3 people). Yeah, now that I think about it, we have a lot of "celebrating" parties for no aparent reason. But anyway, here I am, and look who finds me!

*DUN DUN DUN*

Yoko! Yes, our first meeting in the story! Funny story, Yoko back then was apparently shy and quiet most of the time, then she joined us and we transformed her into some kind of a talking crazy maniac. Sweet nice girl, but when she gets going, she really starts going. She started out as a low GFX person (little drawings and stuff). Then I sent her PS7 and she started her work in doing Wallpapers, then through time she mastered making Avatars. I do have to admit that back then, I did show a bit of favoritism when it came to Yoko. I think it was because I found it funny poking her around to boost her confidence, and of course dragging her around here and there. Back then there was a certain innocence I suppose that I saw, now it's like ... well she's just a great girl that's all I can really say.

Anyway moving on, it was nice start, and yes ... we'll meet again (duh! If you've already read through the Chapter Index! lol). That was a little funny add in that I put about FF.net being a Cafe' kind of place, and that Ash would be there. I did this because after Smiter mentioned about her, I had to go check out her fics at FF.net, so in turn I made it into the story that I go check out this "FF.net Cafe". Also the fact that she hadn't officially join NT yet, or so we thought.

Side Notes on Ash's character: I based Ash's character off of the the cartoon/video game character in Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Ruby Heart (Wikipedia Link Of Ruby Heart). That image is the EXACT image of how I wanted Ash to be like, the graceful, beautiful, but strong and fierce female character embodiment. And of course, not only did Ash write NaruSaku, but NejiHina, and on top of that LEMONS! So I suppose it was inevitable for her to join us.

I guess I used the reference from her Lemon Fic, "Fly", simply because to me it was the first lemon fic I read of hers, and it really stuck to me.

The phrase "underneath the underneath" was created by the NaruSaku Debate Team (Smiter, Ash, Alpha, Blayze, Aethos, etc). The meaning, being that of "reading between the lines", looking past the overall picture and into the deeper meaning. It held a pertty good standing in our book of quotes & phrases, but later on, could be called out upon as "simply looking TOO deep/hard into the meanings".

The joke of how I point out my ship (the sunken one, and not the full fledged ship) is another classic joke of the ages.

Another funny story is that, she knew I was an author, but funny as it was, Ash never really got around to reading my Village Of Hentai fic (found at adultfanfiction.net &/or mediaminer.org).

Finally, time for Alpha's intro! Yes, Alpha's megaton hammer I don't exactly remember where that came from. I think I simply added that into the story for comedic flavor, or I think there was a joke about her having one, and beating up Blayze alot (because the other pairing at the time was Blayze/Alpha).

And yes, of course, the "Kakashi Fandom" strikes! It wasn't that bad with Alpha, but I know whenever we posted pics of Kakashi, Ash would just flop over for them, it was pretty funny. If you really notice, over time, I kind of tried to phase out the Ash/Alpha Kakashi fandom. But the subtle (or not so subtle) jokes along the way were pretty funny, at least I thought so.

This ends, Chapter 7! And now we move onto Chapter 8! With the "Eternal Rivals"!

Chapter 8 Author's Notes:

Click for Chapter 8 Notes --Click here to view--
Before we start, a little on these two people.

Aethos, believe it or not, was not always so agressive, and rampant on his part. He started out quite the opposoite, pretty passive, and a really funny guy (still can be a funny guy sometimes). He started out joining us with making these sprite comics (that you can see on our Fansite's Comedy Section). Soon after, he began debating for NaruSaku (along side Smiter & Co), although he wasn't as notorious as he is/was at (current) NF, he did come out strong in debates.

Now as for Arashi, he's more of a passive type person. I don't actually think/remember if he was debating, but he always had the right information when asked. So I think he was more of a supplier of info whenever we needed concrete parts from the manga, and from other sources.

Moving onto the storywise, I don't quite know where I got the idea of Aethos & Arashi. I guess it was more of the every story needed a "rival" pairing (i.e. Kakashi & Gai), so I simply put those two together and created a cop & robber relationship (i.e. pirates & navy).

As for characterization, Aethos (whom I used more consecutively in later chapters), is a mix of Ussop (with his determination of being the best) and Zoro (who loves to fight). There's a big misconception where Aethos seems like he's "constantly" angry, but the fact is he's not really angry or always agitated. I started him out as just the guy who simply looks at the bad side of things (kind of cynical, but also partly hypocritical in the fact that he's a pirate looking for the "One Piece"). Also on the fact that he's supposed to be our Chief Engineer (well our only engineer, until later), I wanted to play the fact that he's like those guys who are constantly in the engine room (fixing, repairing, maintaining in small areas), but in reality he doesn't let the seclusion of the engine room keep him down. I also love the fact that Aethos, LOVES to fight! Everytime I hear or read that line "COME ON!? COME GET SOME!" and he has his daggers out ready for a good brawl. So in contrast, I suppose I wanted to go with Fun-loving ego-maniac, but a lot of people simply went with "Angry Guy who picks fights".

Also on the note of Aethos' fighting style, I chose dual wielding daggers simply because knife fights are badass, and you have to give MAJOR credit to those who can. If you think about it, knife users are at a disadvantage vs main-stream weapons (i.e. swords, guns, spears, etc). Firstly because of the range (obviously), daggers are ment for close combat. Secondly, you have to move a lot more because of the short range, thus having to keep dodging, or moving. But the upside of knife fighting is that you are indeed deadly within confined (closed/close combat) quarters, your reflex time & movements are faster and speedier, and its the satisfaction of beating an opponent who uses a "better" weapon.

Now moving onto Arashi, his character is generally that of a straight-edged cop (well ex-cop, because he pretty much joins us). I guess I wanted to base him off of how Zoro was a pirate-hunter, but then turned pirate for a better cause. I know I should've worked more on him since he is one of the original people form the beginning, but sadly Arashi (real time), is a pretty busy guy. So he's not quite always around, thus is why we have a later second helms/pilot (Soritia). So I apologize to Arashi for not doing as much as I should have, but then in turn, he does disappear from time to time for me to fully grasp a characterization for him.

That's pretty much all I have to say, the story itself on how they met as childhood friends/rivals is all pretty fictional, no real time story correlation to what happened back then.

Now onto Chapter 9! The Man of A Thousand Faces ... well really only like 3-4 faces.

Chapter 9 Author's Notes:

Click for Chapter 8 Notes --Click here to view--
And of course, what would a crew be without an Informant!? The story of Uzumaki Naruto (the member) (aka Donatello aka solid_snake), isn't as long winded as you'd think. The guy has his ups & his downs, and he still comes back every now and then. When we first started, UN was known as Donatello (yes after the TMNT). He didn't say much or do much, but found great interest and fandom in NaruSaku. He had actually joined a long while ago during NT, it was only until later when he changed his name to solid_snake (MGS), that he started speaking out a little more. Finally he changed his name a third time to the current name of "Uzumaki Naruto".

It was during this 3rd name change that he really started getting into the whole debating and using concrete support for NaruSaku. I think during the NT era he actually started a "NaruSaku" essay/databook. And I know that during the (current)(early) NF time, he actually started posting it in the club, and it was nearly 5-6 pages long (maybe a little longer). Also on another note, he was one of the first people to actually WORK for Tazmo, himself. UN started out as a character profiler for the NarutoFan (website) itself, and not the forums, but soon later got some leway into some upper positions. Where he stands now at NF, I don't know, also the fact that he's just been really busy (real time).

Now onto how he becomes our "intelligence officer", I made him that because of his employment at NF. So it would seem that we had an insider that could get us with the "under-the-table" information when we needed it. His character is supposed to be somewhat like a spy, in fact that's exactly what I wanted to portray UN as.

Now note in the beginning of the Chapter, I run into someone (that someone later being, HH/HinataFanBoy). I guess I semi-preplanned that playing into the next chapter, but didn't really think about it until later. Carrying on, the irony in Fox & Flower being that supposed to be NaruSaku was a little corny/cheesy on my part. I couldn't really think of any other REAL or clever way to hide it. But that was the point of it being called Fox & Flower, so that NaruSak fans would get the cliche thus be drawn towards it. But for storywise, the sign was more like a calling card, thus UN was trying to signal me down without actually losing his cover (that being a chef/cook).

Funny story about the menu, I was pretty much really hungry the day I wrote this chapter, and simply started making up food items that came to mind. Also I semi based most of the menu from this one Chinese resturant in China Town called "Seven Treasures". Where the food is mediocre with big portions at a low price (practically $5-6 or less per dish). The only dish on there that is in fact related to UN is the speghetti dish (becuase I semi-remember him telling me that speghetti indeed is the only dish he can make in real time).

Oh, and the part about how "NaruSaku" then the entire place goes silent and stares at me, is another one of those classic jokes/scenes.

The bit about him having a "wife" so to say, is mostly for the sake of his background and story. I only added in that he has a "wife" for story, and as his cover for being a spy and all. I suppose the proper term was sleeper agent, even though he's been fairly active.

The rest of the story pretty much is all for story sake, and is all self explainitory.

Chapter 10 Author's Notes:

Click for Chapter 10 Notes --Click here to view--
And yes, the most controversial chapter yet! Letting a Hinata fanboy (who also supports NaruHina openly, and does not like NaruSaku) join us.

First to start things off, for those who didn't know, HyuugaHinata/HinataFanBoy (Cody) joined the NaruSaku FC during the NT era. But in fact he did not join us for support of NaruSaku, or it's fandom. The truth was he joined us because he liked the people/members of the NaruSaku FC. He joined the club for it's members rather than the club itself. Funny? Not really, because it just goes to show that we gained members who like our personalities more over the pairings. To his credit he stayed with us until last year or so. His reasonings for leaving us are his own, and won't be discussed (well more over because I'm still unknown to exactly why he changed so suddenly, and why he left). But I chose to let him go, simply because it was better off for him.

Anyway, moving on. The character of HFB was pretty much an insider from the NaruHina FC coming over not to necessarily defect to our side, but simply came over to give warning (in lights of good will).

Funny story yet again! IN REALITY, it was LoveHinaGuy (LHG) who came to warn us instead of HFB. I only wrote in HFB becuase he was more active at the time, and LHG had disappeared for a while.

Carrying on again, HFB comes to warn us of the start of the NaruHina revolt.

I think the only real funny parts I need to point out are the bottle of Vodka just about hitting me in my face towards the beginning. Then the quote where HFB is claiming the reasonings as to why the NaruHina's are revolting. And I answer back with that famous line...

"I did find that funny how we don't even have 100 members yet, and we're still popular? You hear that Paul? We're the underdogs here!" I cheerfully spoke.

"Hear-Hear!" He gladly agreed and toasted with a mug full of spiced rum to drink!

That line almost ALWAYS has me laughing, and smiling. And ahh yes, the talk about this "assassin" coming to try and take me out. Well, if you've read up to Ch37, is when they actually strike. But enough with the wonderful spoilers! Then I won't have material to write for the later Author Notes!

Anyway, this marks the beginning of when things will start to go downhill, and when the plot begins to spice up!

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (hokuten @ Apr 1 2006, 12:22 AM)
Re-opened, and updated some more!  Just for you Shauna-chan! a_hug.gif  I guess I'll start adding more later this weekend after I finish my Business Marketing Projects & Presentation!

Thanks Hoku-kun! th_glomp.gif

I'm loving this story and now I (and hopefully others) can comment to our hearts content XD

#4 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:37 PM

Chapter 11 Author's Notes:

Click for Chapter 11 Notes --Click here to view--
The subtitle of Mk.II surprisingly doesn't mean anything. It's just a fancy title I thought that I'd name our "soon to be" ship.

Moving onto the people who get mentioned into the storyline, but no actual screen time! Again, I apologize for those people thinking that once you're mentioned "you're gonna have like super lots of screentime". And then now I must apologize to some people who are mainstream characters and then somehow don't get enough screentime. Now let's explain who these people actually were, and how they fit into all of this (sort of).

DeathWorks was a member during the NT era, and a little during the early days of H&E. Unfortunately he kinda got caught up with some personal business and was away for a time. He was one of the more earlier GFX'ers (graphics users) during that time. I know he made a lot of signatures & some avatars for people. Currently I have no idea where he is, but wish him all the best. The last thing I remember was something like he was getting pretty serious with his girlfriend (real time). The TRUE orginator of the beginning of NaruSakuHina relationship!

MsgBoardHobo, the author of "Rurouni Naruto" on FF.net. He also came roughly early during the NT era as well, he would stop by every now and then, though I don't believe he really got to stick around for H&E.

Next we have, Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, author of "Naruto: The Demon Within", that is still currently on-going. He's been with us also during the NT era, and has been continuing to come to H&E ever since.

Kaori&Kairi, were I think (don't remeber) two people (brother/sister, or sister/sister, whichever), they were authors on FF.net as well, and they had also attempted to start a NaruSaku fansite, but apparently it never caught on and they discontinued it. Unfortunately they never made it to H&E.

Forgotten Past, now here was someone who came to our club FIRST (before going to the Introduction section), and posted his introduction in the NaruSaku FC. And to his credit, it was a really, really, really long post. Afterwards, we all welcomed him warmly, and he even made a NaruSaku databook (similar to UN). Sadly it never was completed, nor did it catch on by the time Smiter had come. FP did get his few chances in debating, but sadly I don't think he was really that famous. Whether he made it to H&E is still unknown to me. But indeed it was a pretty good person.

Oh yeah! Also it was around this time, Shinyu joined us as well! Well when he first joined us, his name was "ShinyuOftheSand", and he pretty much spent most of his time in the Fanart section of NT. Sometime later, he joined us and didn't really start interacting until later on when he shortened his name to just "Shinyu". Shinyu, or Lee, has been with us since the beginning as well. And he also came to H&E when it had first opened. In fact, Lee was one of the first moderaters we appointed, well then again it was simply because he had actual experience running a forum before (as a Mod).

Anyway, moving along, the idea of first vandalizing the NaruHina ship was a good idea, but then I had to play it into a more bigger part. And of course if you've read thus further, you know that we're gonna "commandeer" the ship. So that little bit was pretty funny in my head. Real time wise, no there wasn't any actual NaruHina thing that we stole.

Another fact that I would like to point out: I did NOT intend to make NaruHina the actual antagonist in the entire fic, but more over, I needed an antagonist overall. So the only people who were actually putting up a fight with us were the NaruHina. I in now way mean to insult or regard NaruHina as a negative stand point. In fact, not many people know this, but I myself am a NaruHina fan. And have been since the club was first created. Also I've been one of the first few people who actually joined, so my name is usually always on the top of the list. But I'll save those details for another day.

Ah yes! The even more controversial chapter coming up!

Chapter 12 Author's Notes:

Click for Chapter 12 Notes --Click here to view--
The idea of where I made Yoko my "personal guard" as the subtitles says, is someone of a funny story. I suppose it came down to it, that I was playing favorites back then. I only picked on her because she was like the only active person from the club who would IM me on AIM. And then through time, I pretty much grew attached to her, and liked poking at her.

As stated earlier, she started out as one of the more quiet, and shy people who joined our club. But through time, she became a lot more active, and became into her own. I never knew exactly why I picked her to be my side kick, but I guess I just saw a lot of potential somewhere. That and I guess I really liked her company. It is pretty funny at how through the fic itself, she ends up becoming this blood covered, battle ready, apprentice of mine. But then who wouldn't want a pretty girl as their side kick killing off the bad guys for them! Haha!

Anyway, moving on!

It's the little bits that I hope people might notice about how our parties end. Mostly the aftermath is the funny part I hope that I expressed. Like how "Ash drank Smiter under the table this time". Or how Arashi, Blayze, & Aethos are semi-passed out, after singing & dancing (tried to do a Coyote Ugly bit), and what tavern isn't complete with them singing "A Pirate's Life for me"! Oh and of course, the little bit about Ash & Alpha squealing not because anyone SPOKE kakashi, but squealing simply because someone THOUGHT about it! See now that's classic comedy!

So carrying on with the story, nothing really interesting. Guy runs into girl, girl gets flustered. Guy tries to get to know girl, then finds that she's some what of a lost cat and guy takes her in.

The only bit of comedy I used was to lighten the mood from all the seriousness that I was getting into for recruiting her. Where at the end, in fact we never really introduced ourselves formally. The bit about her name being "Michiyo" and me being "Kenta" is a somewhat personal joke between me & yoko.

Side Note: The name thing will come up again later on in the story. Since then I've dutily noted this scene, and always kept it in mind.

Chapter 13 Author's Notes:

Click for Chapter 13 Notes --Click here to view--
So this chapter is supposed to signify that we've established ourselves back into the mainstream of NT, and that time has passed since Yoko's arrival. By now, we had also established our standing point on being one of the stronger groups to debate in the Pairings discussions.

The little part where I said that I was "thirsty & hungry", was true at the moment when I was writing this chapter. Usually whatever feeling I implement into my character during the story was how I felt at the time.

Moving on, yes I know, I'm really bad at trying to implement Japanese into the fic, but then again, who wouldn't!

Side Note: Oh yeah before I forget! There was a small tidbit in ch10 where HFB mentions that Ash joined us, then Alpha makes Arashi pay her up. Of course the joke of where people place bets on things is always known, but what really sparked me to use that joke was in that Disney's Sinbad (with Voice Acting by Brad Pitt, Catherine Zeta Jones, & Michelle Phiffer). There's a scene where these two guys keep placing bets on things. Like "See world is flat! Pay up!" or "Hah! Told you the girl would save Sinbad!". So here, Arashi's bet was that maybe Ash was only famous to the NaruSaku, but indeed she is known all over the place. Here's the exact scene:

"HAH! Told you my sister is famous! Now fork over my money!" Alpha punched Arashi, who grumpily forked over 10 pieces of gold. While Ash had a big smile upon her face as she found it amusing.

Anyway, moving on. Well since this chapter is a progress over a long period of time, it was around this time that NT was starting to hit a lull. Things were starting to heat up and problems were starting to arise. Not internal problems, but more so hackings, and floodings.

Side Note: About the "Flood". Stroywise, I mean to use the comparison of "The Flood" from Xbox's Halo. For those who have played Halo will know exactly what I am refering too, but for those who have not played Halo. The Flood are essentially these hand sized flying balloon creatures that attacked you from everywhere, and especially in large numbers. Pretty much its ugly and messy to fight them. Also on another note, the Flood can infect things and thus they become mutated.

That was the explaination of "The Flood" for the story, now for the actual (real time) meaning of the flood. During this time NT was experiencing some down time, this was because apparently the site was getting bugged. The reason it started to slow down entirely was because of some kind of virus/adware/spyware, so there would be something like "500+ guests" and in actual member count was probably 50 online. So you'd understand why the site would slow down considerably (to the point where you can't log on), or even just shut itself down. So when I say "flood", that's what I ment beacuse of the "Flood" of n00bs/guests that invaded NT more or less.

Now carrying on with the story again ... ahh yes, our first survival fight as a team! The mood I tried to set was similar to that of when the 1st fight with the wendol in "13th Warrior" (that semi-okay movie based on the book, "Eaters Of the Dead", with Antonio Bandaras). Where the mood is tense because we don't know exactly what is behind that door, or at least have a general description.

I believe this was the first chapter to actually have a some-what "cliffhanger". Fact! I myself do not like cliffhangers, but instead try to write complete chapters, but I try to write them so that it makes the reader say "Wow, this is actually pretty good! I'm satisfied, but I'm also wanting more." That's my goal whenever I try to write a fic.

And now onto our climatic survival chapter!

Chapter 14 Author's Notes:

Click for Chapter 14 Notes --Click here to view--
Not much to really talk about here, because the story pretty much explains everything.

As stated, a flood of guests/viewers came to the NT, thus pretty much slowing down the entire forum to a standstill. But storywise, pretty much since NT got shut down, everyone ended up scattering, and not really being able to regroup. So in fact this part of the fic is mostly fiction, because we did not start off H&E with everyone, as well as Smiter & I had to email whomever we could to get them back.

So anyway, we get invaded, the flood attack, we fight our way out. Also I'd like to point out that part where I "freeze up". I think I simply wanted to show the fact that the Flood indeed infect people and mutate them into something monsterous. So pretty much that feeling was that I was leading the charge, then suddenly run into this HUGE monster at least twice my size that I cut it's friggin head off AND it still keeps coming! I believe the exp​ression I wanted to give out was "Oh kitten...", but lucky for me I had backup!

Oh yeah! The bit about how we "accidentally" steal the right ship. That may be a little modern comedy right there, something you'd only see from National Lampoon or Monty Python. I liked how I just wrote in that we stole whatever ship simply just to get the kitten out of where we were. Then realizing that funny fact we actually STOLE a ship, that moment was pretty candid and funny. Then of course, the moment we realize just WHOSE ship we had stolen in the first place had to be the best scene out of that entire chapter.

I suppose I try to do subtle or whitty comedy, if not straight out blut comedy.

I have no idea how I was voted to be captain, or how it came to be. I think once the idea of an HMS NaruSaku was born, they simply put me in charge only beacuse I was in charge of the NaruSaku FC itself (1st & still original owner since March of 2004). And of course with every new promotion, there has to be hazing! And what better way to haze a newly made captain than throwing him off his own newly acquired ship!

And of course, what would a captain be without his First Mate, Smiter. Even though I've stated earlier that Blayze was the actual Co-Owner back then, Smiter would have been (and in fact still is) one of my successors should I take leave. But then we shouldn't even be mentioning anything like that! Because I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon! Also Blayze didn't really want the position of co-owner, but simply took it up for my sake (lol, thanks paul!).

Now onto the small comedy bit about how Ash comforts Smiter with "throw" & "push".

That pretty much about sums up this chatper and everything that comes to mind.

Chapter 15 Author's Notes:

And now! Finally the truth is finally discovered about Chapter 15's Mystery! Some say it was a conspiracy that the other pairing groups had stolen it because of it's scary revealing nature! Others believe that indeed it held the TRUE secrets of the NaruSaku, so revealing that we had no choice but to seal it away never to be shown to the public.

Either way, if these scriptures were ever shown to the public it would most likely be the end of NaruSaku, our members, and the entire legacy within an instant!

So what is the REAL mystery of it!? Well ... since I am the only recorder of this event, I will reveal it's TRUE nature. But be warned, click the spoiler tag should you wish to learn about the truth, and what the truth may do to you may scar you for the rest of your life! A truth so dangerous, you may as well give up on life and realize that there is no real end to the suffering of knowing it. So enter at your own risk!

This is your last warning! Just in case you may regret it!
DOUBLE WARNING!! --Click here to view--
I mean it! You may just end up never being the same!
TRIPLE WARNING!!! --Click here to view--
This is you're final warning! If you dare to know the truth! THE REAL TRUTH, then click it one more time.
Okay I give up!? --Click here to view--
The truth is ... there is no chapter 15! All the rumors, conspiracies, mysteries, enigmas, hoaxes, and conundrums are all fake!

Bet you really thought there was a self-destructive chapter, but in reality there was no chapter 15. In fact the truth of the matter is that, I had actually skipped chapter 15 without realizing it. Funny story is that, the day I finally decided to create a "read-only" special edition of the HMS NaruSaku, as I was posting each chapter, I had realized that I went from chapter 14 to chapter 16. I was so confounded that I had to go back into the normal HMS thread and look through it throughly to see that I had INDEED skipped a chapter.

The reasoning for this was by simply mistake. I suppose I was writing so often and rapidly, I didn't notice that I had skipped a number.

Another funny story was the story for the "mystery of Chapter 15". I had been talking with one of our members (Soritia) while I had just figured out where chapter 15 had gone. She found it incredibly funny and started poking at me about how it should be left missing for fun. Thus the conspiracies and rumors began leading up to "what had happened?".

So don't worry, this was all just a fluke! Chapter 15 is what I consider a now planned missing chapter to peak reader interest. You have nearly 50 fully written chapters, and here you have one missing. Makes you wonder, "hey! where IS chapter 15?", or "I wonder what happened!?". Well it did get you didn't it?

#5 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:56 AM

Chapter 16 Author's Notes:
Click for Chapter 16 Notes --Click here to view--
Not much to really explain here. There real time facts are that once we all got seperated from NT, the only place I (myself) had left to go to was BK.

But! I had, indeed had the Heaven & Earth Fansite already up and running! So we had a place to start, but no real definite place to organize and regroup. By then I was already talking with Smiter about starting up our own Forum. I was going to start a forum from (http://network54.com), it was a basic forum & chat host for free (also one I was familiar with). But it was Smiter who volunteered to make the InvisionBoard that we have now! So if you ever see him on, always give him a big thanks for providing us with this wonder place we call home!

Technically at this time during NT's downtime, everyone was pretty much scattered. So during this time (real time), I was going through a regrouping stage. Anyway, once Smiter had the forums up and running, we started to all regroup, gather whomever we could from what emails Smiter & I had.

After we had gotten nearly most of the long time members who had been with us at NT NaruSaku, NT finally came back shortly.

Chapter 17 Author's Notes:

Chapter 18 Author's Notes:

Chapter 19 Author's Notes:

Chapter 20 Author's Notes:

#6 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

cooool, i want the next chap soon man!

#7 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:48 AM

you should put it on fanfiction.net! i'm sure a lot of people would enjoy it.

#8 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:45 PM

It used to be on FF.net, but I took it down fore a few reasons: Frist it's not exactly a Naruto-based story (even though it is related to a "Naruto"-based forum). Second, most people wouldn't understand the characterization, because most of the characters are actual people (from NarutoForums, NarutoTalk, BakaKage, & H&E), so they wouldn't understand who they were unless they actually met the members. Also this fic is more of a personal story of the journey to H&E, instead of anything actually dealing with NaruSaku. The HMS is more of a memoirs more so than an actual fic.

Also I would get a lot of mixed reactions, about how I wrote the "NaruHina" & "SasuSaku" fanbase. It is very biased, even though I am a fan of NaruHina myself, and if I had uploaded it to FF.net, I would most likely get A LOT of hate-reviews, and hate-mails.

So for now, it would be best for the HMS NaruSaku to stay within H&E. So that members that join H&E and stay long enough to get to know the members, will better apprechiate the story.

#9 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:34 PM

well, there's that risk for anyone, right? i mean i don't send hate mail... it's a good story anyhow. smile.gif

#10 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:56 AM

actually its not even really bashing the NaruHina fanbase, its actually antagonizing people directly & indirectly, so that would cause some problems either way. well regardless, its my decision to keep it on H&E only.

As for chapter 49, I am forfieting Geno's slot, and going to continue the writing myself probably later on this month, or next.

#11 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:03 AM

thank you, I was tired of waiting for so long for the next Chapter to come!

#12 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

Finally! There's been an update and Chapter 49 is completed! I will be writing the last & final Chapter 50 this weekend, after I get out from work.

Wow, after a good long two years, its finally going to be complete!

#13 tangerine_fever

tangerine_fever

T to the A to the N-C-H-A-N iiiiit's TAN CHAN!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:27 AM

wheee! another chappie! biggrin.gif ahaha, I had a cameo in it! *glompages* yay hiku-booger-man! XD *runs in circles around you*
Oooh, only one more chapter to go ;o; and an era will be finished...

biggrin.gif

#14 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

Yay! A new chappie! *squeels like a fan-girl*
Haven't read it yet but i kinda have to read the whole story again first.... I'm curious though..... I kinda have a fuzzy memory that i'm included in the fic. i AM included right ?

#15 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:57 PM

Lloyd, I've got a bone to pick with you. wink.gif

To me, the Paul of today is much more refined and gentlemen like, distinguished, and proud!

Refined, distinguished and a gentleman? Wait, what? tongue.gif

#16 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Blayze @ Sep 17 2006, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lloyd, I've got a bone to pick with you. wink.gif

To me, the Paul of today is much more refined and gentlemen like, distinguished, and proud!

Refined, distinguished and a gentleman? Wait, what? tongue.gif

lol, give me a break, the last time i updated this thing was nearly at the beginning of the year. XD

#17 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:54 AM

I feel insulted, you put Julz and Krazy in, and you leave out the starters of the insanity club?!? I am ASHAMED![/sarcasm][/rant]

Great chappy, love every single chapter. Altough, I have to agree with Blaze up there, by reading it alone, to see Blaze like that... laugh.gif

#18 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Won-Ton @ Sep 17 2006, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel insulted, you put Julz and Krazy in, and you leave out the starters of the insanity club?!? I am ASHAMED![/sarcasm][/rant]

lol, sorry WonTon, I think I had met them (the trio) before I had met you, plus I think you were still known as "UnknownWarrior" back during your lurking days, and before you had changed your name to "WonTon".

#19 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

After the meeting, I dismissed everyone, and we all went back to shore. Lee & Eggie went back to their own places as they work the night shift and needed their rest. Alpha, Ash, & Sakura-chan, went back to the Tavern to celebrate Sakura-chan's new promotion. Nick & Smiter went back to their office to discuss matters of importance. I made my way back to my office above the Tavern. (As I came inside, I had already saw that Alpha, Ash, & Sakura-chan were partying it up and already causing a ruckus, dancing & singing all drunk.) I passed by them and they tried to get me to join them, but I called in for another time, and they all gave me this look of 'you're always busy, stop being busy and celebrate!'. I shook my head at them, and smiled my way out of it. Just before I went upstairs, Blayze handed me my night cap and told me that Yoko was looking for me.

XDDD

Yup...we sure were partying it up that night! biggrin.gif

Thanks for including me in this amazing and truly one-of-a-kind story, Hoku-kun! th_glomp.gif

And just for you...

SUPER SENTAI POSE #912!! a_spaz.gif

#20 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:33 PM

Garsh Darnit!

Oh, I never lurked, I signed up imedietly, then school came around dry.gif

Trust me, when I see a good forum, with DESAIX on it, you'll have a bunch of people join jsut for him. Me included.

[whine]PLEASE, at least put me as a wounded or dead, heck, many of us would have loved to die fighting! can't ya put me as UnknownWarrior then? WAAAAAAAA[/whine]

[complain]Yoko just HAD to die.. kuso...[/complain]

You meet tatsu before me, I joined before Julz and Star did, trust me. Julz was like 10 after me, and star was a good 80+ after me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users