42 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

Now before I get to the point I want to makes something clear here This is not a topic to be bashing Hinata, the beloved Byakugan princess in The Last There are plenty of of other threads for that If it sounds like that, then I am still bitter about this whole affair so I therefore beg pardon.

I am just wondering/theorizing a circumstance that would have made Hinata's behavior in the Last believable at the very least cause we know it wouldn't  be acceptable by any standard.

Now as we all know, Hinata has an um *ahem* obsession with a certain blond that also hints at sort of kind of being borderline psychopathic-ally apathetic to everything and everyone else. Cousin died? Oh, I finally held my Love's MANLY HAND!!!!!!! Friends in danger of dying in a war? Naruto-kun is all that matters!!!!!!!!! Sister gets her eyes ripped out of her sockets? Oh I'll just be over here knitting my future husbando a freaking scarf!!!!!, Looks bad now doesn't it?  

So anyway, I was wondering would this single track mind be more appropriate if, eh I don't know If she was an orphan or something? Then at least that would sound legit if anything. Because she doesn't have any family that cares about her just so she can ignore them when it counts, It would somewhat make sense. I think? Although that wouldn't solve her same attitude towards her friends.........  Well I'd like to you thoughts and opinions on this please :smile:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 March 2015 - 04:30 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Hinata's actions would be understandable if Hinata was a stalker.

Oh wait.

She is. My bad.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

Yes She and Gasai Yuno would be best friends. :zaru:

#4 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

I am just wondering/theorizing a circumstance that would have made Hinata's behavior in the Last believable at the very least cause we know it wouldn't  be acceptable by any standard.

Now as we all know, Hinata has a um *ahem* obsession with a certain blond that also hints at sort of kind of being borderline psychopathic-ally apathetic to everything and everyone else. Cousin died? "Oh, I finally held my Love's MANLY HAND!!!!!!!" Friends in danger of dying in a war? Naruto-kun is all that matters!!!!!!!!! Sister gets her eyes ripped out of her sockets? Oh I'll be knitting my future Husbando a freaking scarf!!!!!, Looks bad now doesn't it?  

So anyway, I was wondering would this single track mind be more appropriate if, eh I don't know If she was an orphan or something? Then at least that would sound legit if anything. Because she doesn't have any family that cares about her just so she can ignore them when it counts, It would somewhat make sense. I think? Although that wouldn't solve her same attitude towards her friends.........  Well I'd like to you thoughts and opinions on this please :smile:  

I find it means Hinata doesn't have any real development that she was virtually psychopathic-ally apathetic to everyone else and everything else in Part 2 just because Naruto was gone, which is what made it so sad she didn't seem to care when Neji died, or when Hanabi was kidnapped. I even have said that I feel like she is unaware of Naruto and Bolt's sadness of late, since to me, 700 Naruto seems like that the magic in the marriage, even if it also was guilt, has run out, which is why he doesn't spend time with Hinata or the kids, but Hinata doesn't give a damn because she's gotten what she wanted and all she cared about really.

#5 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

I will try to be unbias here:

Hinata was a underdeveloped character with untapped potential 

At first she was deemed useless by her father and then had her heir status passed on to Hanabi, this made her feel neglected and begin to watch Naruto's efforts more and more, she began to admire his "no give up attitude" and somehow she hoped she could be like that.

However then it was introduced by the official fillers to the last ( a canon movie) that Hanabi actually cared for her sister and wanted to be like her, I mean if she had her sister support why would she feel so neglected, then?

This alone shows how Hinata's character backstory was changed and meddled with for reasons of "Hinata worshipping", at the beginning she was estabilished as the loser of her clan and now somehow we are supposed to believe she was looked upon? 

It is given to us too that Hinata's initial goal is to follow Naruto's nindo and raise above her "loser status" in the clan, in part 2 she was flanderized into a blabbering Naruto worshipper whose only drive is to protect Naruto to be with him, a simple minded character following a simple minded love (Junko's words)

So in the end I'd say, given us how Hinata was presented at the beginning, that her behavior in the last is just a flanderized piece of her original character  with no depth. far from the untapped potential she represented at the beginning

If she was somehow a orphan ( like Naruto) and he was literally her only light, with development in their relationship she would be more accepable, because then her behavoir would actually be understandable, it would still be unhealthy? Yes, but understandable given the circunstances of her life.

But thanks to Hinata's backstory changes we can only see that her character wasn't meant to become what she became, instead its clear she was tailored for this role due to popularity

Edited by Nar123, 21 March 2015 - 06:39 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

Yes Thank you for that insight

#7 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:57 PM

Unfortunately there's no way to justify Hinata's actions. She should've remained a secondary character like she was intended, but no, she had to be elevated to a main character and practically stole the heroine status from a woman that was more deserving thanks to popularity and a bunch of guys that worshiped her boobs, and her meek personality. She ruined the series, and the author let her do so. In a way Hinata was the main villain of the series because she got what she wanted and no one can stop her.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

Unfortunately there's no way to justify Hinata's actions. She should've remained a secondary character like she was intended, but no, she had to be elevated to a main character and practically stole the heroine status from a woman that was more deserving thanks to popularity and a bunch of guys that worshiped her boobs, and her meek personality. She ruined the series, and the author let her do so. In a way Hinata was the main villain of the series because she got what she wanted and no one can stop her.

Toasty!!! Sup buddy!? Yeah I know nothing justifies Hinakittens' actions but I could be somewhat understandable maybe if circumstance was different I suppose.

#9 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:03 AM

Hinata was never made to take on a main character status. Nor was she ever developed to. That's why, regardless of reason, there is no justifying her taking main heroine role nor is there reason for her to be with Naruto other than her fans going, "OMG HINATATATA-HIME WOULD B SOOOOOOOOOOO HERTBROKN!!!11! U KANT DO THAT TO HUR!!!!11!1!1111!!!"

Serious. That was the loudest reason of why fans thought Hinata should be with him. Screw Naruto's feelings, it's all about boobsboobsboobs Hinata-hime-sama.

For all the wonderful Otakus who have no backbone and are horribly frightened of women who can stand up for themselves, be strong and actually be an equal with their man. :) Who can talk back and disagree like a normal human being. No, no, they're too scary. Development? Too scary. Nuh-uh. I'll just have my lifeless, big boobied, perfect, sex-doll waifu who never talks back and will bend over backwards for me. 

Just like SasuSaku fans put themselves in Sakura's shoes cuz they think Sasuke is hawt (he tried to kill me? No way, he's just going thru a hard time. is k.), NaruHina fans are either immature people who don't know what love is, have a horrible view on love that is all Disney-eque rainbows and sunshines and unicorns OR they put themselves in Naruto's shoes wanting Hinatatata-hime-sama cuz she's hawt and will do whatever they want.

Augh, sorry. I can't look at Hinata without bias and I can't talk about Naruto without ranting. I'm still not over this trash of an ending. I guess Naruto was just too big a part of my life and too dear to me. 

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#10 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

No she has no excuse for her actions or in-actions. She was and remained a selfish person that would throw her own sister in front of a bus of it meant getting what she desired. She never cared or will care about her friends, her family that one member sacrificed his life to save her, nor her own children for that matter or hell even Naruto himself.

A complete and utter waste of ink on paper. A character that can't even be categorized as a character. She's just the thing that ruined everything.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#11 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:37 AM

No she has no excuse for her actions or in-actions. She was and remained a selfish person that would throw her own sister in front of a bus of it meant getting what she desired. She never cared or will care about her friends, her family that one member sacrificed his life to save her, nor her own children for that matter or hell even Naruto himself.

A complete and utter waste of ink on paper. A character that can't even be categorized as a character. She's just the thing that ruined everything.

Suffice to say, she ended up like this thanks to the creators (kishi and the editors)

I mean, Hinata became a lame pairing fodder but Sakura ended up like this too, unfortunately

Edited by Nar123, 22 March 2015 - 02:38 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#12 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:20 AM

Now before I get to the point I want to makes something clear here This is not a topic to be bashing Hinata, the beloved Byakugan princess in The Last There are plenty of of other threads for that If it sounds like that, then I am still bitter about thi :smile:s whole affair so I therefore beg pardon.

Statements like these don't carry much weight when virtually everything that follows is snark and digs at the character you just said this thread wasn't meant to bash. In fact, "beloved Byakugan princess" is part of the same sentence where you disavow that this thread is meant to bash. As such it is a rather inauspicious start. 

As to your question: No, not without significant rewrites of the source material. Her character and her relationships could have been developed to the degree necessary to sell the Last (so is possible), but they weren't.. Although, I cannot personally thing of anything that could remove the "cheese" from it. Even if believe interactions, it's way to cheesy for me to every enjoy.

#13 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

You actually watched that movie?

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

Statements like these don't carry much weight when virtually everything that follows is snark and digs at the character you just said this thread wasn't meant to bash. In fact, "beloved Byakugan princess" is part of the same sentence where you disavow that this thread is meant to bash. As such it is a rather inauspicious start. 

As to your question: No, not without significant rewrites of the source material. Her character and her relationships could have been developed to the degree necessary to sell the Last (so is possible), but they weren't.. Although, I cannot personally thing of anything that could remove the "cheese" from it. Even if believe interactions, it's way to cheesy for me to every enjoy.

Touché. Well to be honest I know that it wasn't possible to not bash. All I wanted to hear though is if her character would be more acceptable if her origins in the source material were different. I'm not asking if we would like her, but would the excuse be be bit more accepted if she was for instance an orphan, that she would care for no one and nothing except to get Naruto in her pants. It's not that I was not expecting bashing, but that I was hoping for an honest answer that is not about the seething upset that we all feel about Hinata's existence ruining the series and the what not cause that is pretty obvious is it not.

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 March 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#15 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Hinata is a stalker, this is a fact. Even some hardcore Hinata fans admit she has an obsession with Naruto (though they think its cute). The Sh*tty Last tries to cover up this fact by reversing the circumstances and having Naruto chase after Hinata, while giving the delicious Hinata-hime another chest & ass boost and sticking her in a sexy outfit in the freezing snow. The whole thing comes off looking pathetic and makes Hinata look like a marysue. Needless to say this new Hinata can kiss my ass. She will always be shy stuttering underdog to me with occassional confidence and heroism, but she is no damn supermodel or Naruto's #1 desired object lol.

#16 jairolas

jairolas

Fresh Meat

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:40 AM

Hinata is a stalker, this is a fact. Even some hardcore Hinata fans admit she has an obsession with Naruto (though they think its cute). The Sh*tty Last tries to cover up this fact by reversing the circumstances and having Naruto chase after Hinata, while giving the delicious Hinata-hime another chest & ass boost and sticking her in a sexy outfit in the freezing snow. The whole thing comes off looking pathetic and makes Hinata look like a marysue. Needless to say this new Hinata can kiss my ass. She will always be shy stuttering underdog to me with occassional confidence and heroism, but she is no damn supermodel or Naruto's #1 desired object lol.

Hinata has great boobs, Sakura doesn't. As a guy I would choose Hinata too.

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:47 AM

Hinata has great boobs, Sakura doesn't. As a guy I would choose Hinata too.

I will choose Hinata too.
A good fap material.

#18 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:48 AM

Now as we all know, Hinata has an um *ahem* obsession with a certain blond that also hints at sort of kind of being borderline psychopathic-ally apathetic to everything and everyone else. Cousin died? Oh, I finally held my Love's MANLY HAND!!!!!!! Friends in danger of dying in a war? Naruto-kun is all that matters!!!!!!!!! Sister gets her eyes ripped out of her sockets? Oh I'll just be over here knitting my future husbando a freaking scarf!!!!!, Looks bad now doesn't it?  

it's not us narusaku/ anti fans being critical, even the ninja war hinata (manga) would facepalm at that shy, reclusive, irresponsible behavior in the last movie. that is not what neji died for. 

Yes She and Gasai Yuno would be best friends. :zaru:

:smack: don't speak ill of the yandare queen

Edited by Hanabi, 20 April 2015 - 04:50 AM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#19 TNH

TNH

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:17 AM

If during the two years between 699 and The Last, Naruto and Hinata are shown to have grown to be closer friends. They form a deeper friendship and share laughs and experiences with each other. Naruto and Hinata are comfortable in each other's presence and really know each other, instead of the horribly pre-genin like dynamic between them. Naruto is confronted by Sakura on why he hasn't answered Hinata's confession to which he replies that he didn't feel the same way and didn't want to hurt her feelings. When asked if he still feels that way, he responds that he isn't really sure anymore. Hinata is planning to give Naruto a scarf and finally bring up her confession/the feelings she sill has for him, so she can get a definitive answer.

When she tries to give it to him initially, the village is attacked by the moon people (lel Kishi what have you done to your series) and Hanabi is kidnapped by Toneri during the fight. Distraught and worried, she momentarily forgets about confessing and personally asks Kakashi to be on the team to go after her. Naruto, wanting to help his now close friend in any way, asks to come along. During the mission Naruto and Hinata bond over Hyuugaa stuff while keeping on task with the mission, and Naruto is impressed by how much her ninja prowess has grown. Naruto begins to recognize that he may be feeling something other than friendship toward her, and urged by Sakura/Sai/whoever the kitten, gets teh mind to tell her. Hinata has been cornered alone and given an ultimatum, to switch her sister, unharmed, for her. When Naruto sees Hinata leave camp late at night, he follows her, only to find that she is meeting with Toneri. Hinata tells him not to try and stop her, and Toneri flies off somewhere or whatever they have him do, leaving Hanabi's unconcious body and a distraught and confused Naruto. 

Taking Hanabi back to the rest of the team, he informs them of what's happened. Initally, the rest of the team want to regropu back at Konoha, but Hanabi and Naruto stay adament that they should go after her (unlike Naruto's heavily uncharacteristic reaction to just give up as if her leaving terms weren't extremely shoddy coupled with the fact that they still need to defeat Toneri regardless). Hanabi, who has been paying attention to marks to tell where Toneri's hideout is, leads the way. They find and defeat Toneri, yada yada, and during the final blow, Naruto declared his feelings to her. Hinata responds the same, and they leave together with the rest of the team and have that moonlit kiss (dropping the scene with them running together, as it implies that they have always been together/have gone through the years by each other's side and that is not the nature of their relationship and is an out of place scene).

That's pretty much how any half decent writing could have done it. But this is SP  :fu:

Edited by TNH, 20 April 2015 - 05:17 AM.

#20 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

If I was in the Narutoverse, I would choose Sakura-Chan over every girl any day.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 20 April 2015 - 01:13 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users