Pretty much. Now I demand an art of Sakura telling Orihime, "Welcome aboard."

#3242 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

It is a shame that it started off right but then Ywach and pretty much everyone there wants to be OP as hell, which left her to dust. She got off-paneled for whatever reason. You can say she did her job and it's true, but I feel like it's a bit Kishi-ish: use that character for that one moment and once that's done, end him/her.

I wouldn't get my hopes too much but if it's true, then certainly similar fashion from Rukia's return back in Fullbringer Arc may happen.

Yeah it did felt like the author is flavoring rukia over orihime not only that she had soo much potential to be a strong female character and orihimes character dosen't have to just resolve around ichigo And like you said it dosen't help that other characters are wayyyy to op.

So she's like sakura?
Why do you think orihime face palm in the ground mean advantage for ichiruki?

@luckychi
I really doubt it will happen. I mean what would she awaken by stabbing ichigo again for the third time?
I expect the fathers will come to give powerup/pep talk/save the day and after that rukia & friends will come to give him a power up of friendship. And beat ywach.

At this point I really hope for ichigo vs aizen rematch.

Yup in a way, The reason why i said that is because have you noticed a pattern? After orihime fails to save ichigo rukia always saves him. im very disappointed that this is all the author can do with orihime make her into a pathetic damsel in distress. :/

Edited by rikakim94, 25 June 2016 - 01:46 PM.

#3243 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

eh because things for both Ichigo and Uryu have been hyped up be we don't get to see them properly or they show it but get beaten down I'm staring to lose a bit of interest. I'll still read but I'm not excited for it

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3244 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

Yeah it did felt like the author is flavoring rukia over orihime not only that she had soo much potential to be a strong female character and orihimes character dosen't have to just resolve around ichigo And like you said it dosen't help that other characters are wayyyy to op.

Yup in a way, The reason why i said that is because have you noticed a pattern? After orihime fails to save ichigo rukia always saves him. im very disappointed that this is all the author can do with orihime make her into a pathetic damsel in distress. :/

Once it happened back in Fullbringer, I told myself that this is it. Just don't get hopes up anymore. With the past moments, I gave a small chance and it was going ok, but then, Ywach becomes OP beyond any measures, which begs the question, doesn't she have an OP ability as well that can cancel out?

In the end, it's another series that since it's mainstream, it's unfortunately be another example that people will be misguided and have them saying heroine is automatically weak because of Shounen.

#3245 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

Once it happened back in Fullbringer, I told myself that this is it. Just don't get hopes up anymore. With the past moments, I gave a small chance and it was going ok, but then, Ywach becomes OP beyond any measures, which begs the question, doesn't she have an OP ability as well that can cancel out?

In the end, it's another series that since it's mainstream, it's unfortunately be another example that people will be misguided and have them saying heroine is automatically weak because of Shounen.

Yeah i thought he was gonna have orihime actually help ichigo after the mess he made her into in the huendo mundo arc and the fullbringer arc. But nope he pushes the op villain cliche to the next level and because of that its another typical shonen series and female character being helpless.

As for orihime having an op abilities that can cancel out an op villain im not sure what your talking about since i stopped reading bleach after the aizen defeat arc.

Edited by rikakim94, 25 June 2016 - 07:45 PM.

#3246 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

Yeah i thought he was gonna have orihime actually help ichigo after the mess he made her into in the huendo mundo arc and the fullbringer arc. But nope he pushes the op villain cliche to the next level and because of that its another typical shonen series and female character being helpless.

As for orihime having an op abilities that can cancel out an op villain im not sure what your talking about since i stopped reading bleach after the aizen defeat arc.

Doesn't she have the power to reject, like negation or something? Wasn't that the reason Aizen took her in the first place?

#3247 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

I feel sorry for orihime her character is just there to get ruined for rukia and the ichiruki ship. Can kubo develop her with out ruining her for another character?

She's not being ruined for IchiRuki at all. How is her not being able to do anything against an incredibly OP enemy, one that even the MC is struggling mightily against, ruining her for the sake of another character? 

Honestly, it sounds like you've overhyped yourself for anything that Orihime would have been able to do coming into this fight. Some IH fans got on my case about the same thing when this fight started because I said that Orihime wouldn't amount to anything in this fight, she's simply not strong. It's not a knock on her character that she's got effortlessly beat by the most OP guy since Aizen, she was never going to be much of a challenge anyway. 

Her being "ruined" has nothing to do with Rukia or IR, if anything it would be the fact that she revolves around Ichigo. Saying she's "ruined" is a bit of an exaggeration, btw, because she hasn't been ruined. 

Edited by AHK, 25 June 2016 - 09:06 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3248 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

I don't think she was ruined for that sake personally, but I feel that Kubo has no idea to continue her trend without resorting to spotlight one time and off she goes. It only tells me that healer character shouldn't exist in WSJ anymore unless they're a side character.

#3249 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:26 PM

I'll give Orihime this at the very least she tries whenever she gets involved in a fight, but things just don't end up in her favor. I mean i'll give her this the first section of the Arrancar Arc was about her when it came to her ability in healing Grimmjow,  her abilities, and in a way Ulqiurra (not from a shipping perspective). Keep in mind she did also say that she was jealous at how much Rukia is able to basically make him feel alive again. I forgot which interview it was in, but Kubo did state comparing Rukia and Orihime as far as Main female protagonist goes he said it's always been Rukia.  One Boy. One Shinigami. The Story of Destiny Begins.   

This one might just me, idk how anyone else feels, but maybe Kubo is just showcasing no matter how effort Orihime puts into training for Ichigo's sake there is only so little she can do, and she'll only be important to Ichigo as a friend like Chad, and Uryu. I mean even when it came to the timeskip about a 1 year and a half passed since the Aizen stuff ended.. I mean granted this situation is different from Sasuke's situation after the Naruto timeskip, but Ichigo and Orihime could've bonded immensely over that timeskip, but nothing really changed. They are still very much friends and that's how they'll be. 

Plus not put down any Ichihime fans here, but if and I mean if Rukia does shows up in the next chapter and lift his spirits just like she's done in the past. Once again If that's the case then maybe this is where Orihime realizes that  there is no point in trying and in a way let go of her  crush on Ichigo. Again not to put downany Ichihime fans here, but that alone can showcase growth within her character and plus it's the Naruto syndrome where I don't give up  no matter what tactic cause She's never displayed anything like that.. I will say if there is something I really like about her character its the connection she has with her brother, and of course whenever she's being weird I think it's absolutely amusing. Over all that's just my thoughts.  

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3250 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:27 AM

Spoiler Page for Bleach Chapter 680: 

20160630131923.jpg

That's about all we got!!

Anyways off to bed catch you all for the live reaction in the morning. 

#3251 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

So you kids like Bleach?

Yes, mister!

Good, because it's finally at the end:

http://www.animenews...-ending/.103789

#3252 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:04 AM

Looks like it'll end at the 700-chapter milestone like Naruto did. Between this, Gintama, and Toriko ending, a change of the old guard is looming (and absolutely necessary). It's time for the new generation to rise. As of right now, Horikoshi is leading this generation. Jump shouldn't be afraid of letting go of One Piece, it's gone on for far, far too long, and Jump has shown that they're entirely dependent on it. Which is not good for any company.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3253 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

Sure, if you can call it that. Doesn't Haikyuu have more sales than BnHA? I feel the new generation needs more boast as much as I like them. Like, few. Well....maybe one. I'm only talking about battle manga.

#3254 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

Haikyuu has more sales due to it debuting earlier than MHA, that, and the fujoshi fanbase. Jump's main brand is battle/adventure mangas, that's why I see MHA being a more direct successor to the old guard. The only reason MHA's sales has been lukewarm is because Jump was stupid enough to push for its anime earlier than the studio would like when they should've known that this year, they have too many projects on their hands.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3255 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:31 AM

Of topic: But wow! :ohmy:

http://forums.animes...postcount=12598

Yp330yZ.gif

#3256 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:58 AM

Haikyuu has more sales due to it debuting earlier than MHA, that, and the fujoshi fanbase. Jump's main brand is battle/adventure mangas, that's why I see MHA being a more direct successor to the old guard. The only reason MHA's sales has been lukewarm is because Jump was stupid enough to push for its anime earlier than the studio would like when they should've known that this year, they have too many projects on their hands.

Shot in the foot if anything. The scary part is that it has potential to be Toriko in the far future. I do think it's a success but definitely not what WSJ was aiming for. Let's face it, it was aiming for at least AssClass tier.

Once they announced the episode count, I knew this series won't fly high as WSJ desired. 12 episodes isn't enough to tell the series potential; just that it's a motivation drive. Though part of me believe that at least in USA, people are moving on from Naruto-esque storytelling of underdog. I mean it ranked here but not as much as OPM or TG. There's more evidence but this is Bleach thread, so I'll stop.

Either way, the fact it didn't beat Bleach, I fee like WSJ shot their own foot on this one. No millions in a long while, especially HxH is back on hiatus.

#3257 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:58 AM

Time to go live for the chapter: 

#3258 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:35 PM

Okay okay hold the breaks on the car.... What!!!!

Wait a second Bleach Manga draws near it's end!!! I knew it was gonna happened eventually, but this is.... Now the question is how many chapters do we have left? That's what I'm really curious about because as far back as I can remember Kubo did state that this arc was at least gonna be longer than the Arrancar Saga and that was 238 chapters long. Right now we're 200 Chapters into this final arc and if his intentions to make it longer than the Arrancar Arc then it's gotta at least be 245-250 chapters long. 

So atleast we know for know it's nearing its ending which honest to god could mean anything, but and just to let everyone know by Chapter 700 if that's where it ends then the arc will have a total of 220 chapters which isn't too bad, but I'm just curious how Kubo is gonna resolve everything and that chapter would if it ends on 700 would be out on... November 17th.... Oh no! That's gonna bring back memories that i don't even want to think about... So I guess what I can say is to just wait and see what happens.  

#3259 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

I felt "meh" about the chapter

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3260 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:37 PM

Shot in the foot if anything. The scary part is that it has potential to be Toriko in the far future. I do think it's a success but definitely not what WSJ was aiming for. Let's face it, it was aiming for at least AssClass tier.
Once they announced the episode count, I knew this series won't fly high as WSJ desired. 12 episodes isn't enough to tell the series potential; just that it's a motivation drive. Though part of me believe that at least in USA, people are moving on from Naruto-esque storytelling of underdog. I mean it ranked here but not as much as OPM or TG. There's more evidence but this is Bleach thread, so I'll stop.
Either way, the fact it didn't beat Bleach, I fee like WSJ shot their own foot on this one. No millions in a long while, especially HxH is back on hiatus.

*sigh* I'm just praying season 2 will convince people to jack up the manga sales because that's where the series gets really good. BTW, anyone going to AX this year? Because Nagasaki (MHA's director) will be attending along with the dub actors. It's the perfect opportunity to ask him about season 2 (or for them to divulge more details on it). Crossing fingers they'll air it this fall to keep the momentum up.

248793.jpg

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users