4870 replies to this topic

#1 roshumba

roshumba

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:17 AM

Not sure where to put this bad boy, but when in doubt the ramen bar is good.

*ahem* Want to test your mettle and wit against the legions of NaruHina and SasuSaku?

Good! You've come to the right place.

I will be contributing two links, but everyone feel to contribute also. If you run into a debate somewhere on the net over NaruSaku, post here for your fellow NaruSaku'ers and maybe, it'll bring some fellow supporters into the mix.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Sakura_Haruno

*I read a post on this board about how the fans are contesting the entry of the Grass Country Arc. More specifically about Yamato's unfinished sentence about Sakura's thoughts on Nauto.

http://www.fanfictio...9/3773/18017/1/

*Fanfiction.net forum I think it's the tenth most posted board on Naruto section. Typical arguement of pairings at the end.

I don't follow the Narutofan arguements since it tends to get really heated in there. But anywhoo, feel free to contribute!

#2 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:22 AM

Man that Wikipedia one I've been fighting forever!
(though it doesn't have appeared to have changed since the last time someone updated it, thank god... unless someone is diligently reposting, in which case I send them a hug a_hug.gif )
We need to start guarding that like fiends, I swear! Thanks for posting an announcement, Rosh!!

#3 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:35 PM

Yea whoevers posting on Wikipedia appears to not be biased anyway and are just relaying to what the events of the manga show tongue.gif

#4 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

I wont join just linger and read the arguments, nut do me a favor, after you finish a very strong argument and need to leave and it with "And have a nice day happy.gif"
Xd by the way the arguments are aesome, I cant get enought of just reading them. So ima watch alot of them and then sooner or later I will be organized enough to join ya guys! Luck
xoxoxox

#5 Akemi_Nijuusei

Akemi_Nijuusei

Narusaku: It's highly addictive

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

I may sound silly for saying this but where are the debates on wikipedia, when i get to the page I get an information page on Sakura but can't find any discussions

#6 Sorixed

Sorixed

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Akemi_Nijuusei @ Mar 19 2006, 04:28 PM)
I may sound silly for saying this but where are the debates on wikipedia, when i get to the page I get an information page on Sakura but can't find any discussions
On the left of the site it has a section called''Navigation '' then click on Community Portal.You could have put it in the thread Wikipedia of Narusakuand Naruhina thread if you wanted.

#7 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:31 AM

here. check the most biased phrase of the uchiha girl i've ever heard.

Leave poor little Sasuke out of it! He's protected her before when Naruto could have and he was more jealous. So HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!! to you and Naruto. Sakura doesn't like Naruto, she pities him. Sakura loves Sasuke with all her heart, and, deep down, Sasuke loves her. I mean look at what he did to those sound nin who hurt her! He goes crazy whenever someone hurts her. SasuSaku forever!

oh, could someone reply with this, my comp ain't letting me ><

ummm....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. First of all. The ONE time(aint bothering to check so shut it) he saved her, he did that to those otonins cuz of the cursed seal. Sasuke IS crazy, ever heard of the Uchiha madness? and, do you even BOTHER to read the manga? if not, then i'll guess you'll have to stick with the fillers, cuz in the manga... i aint gonna say it, you just download it. And why do you even watch the AMVs if you only want to flame NaruSaku? hmm?

please?*whimper*

#8 Sorixed

Sorixed

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:28 AM

Click For Spoiler
tongue.gif It's an opinion after all though MBKon but there are lots of facts to dissapprove most of what was said it was stupid the way it was said though .

#9 blessed_devil

blessed_devil

...Advanced Member?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Making fanfics, reading fanfics, watching TV especially Naruto, eating, sleeping, playing...

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:02 AM

So HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!! to you and Naruto. Sakura doesn't like Naruto, she pities him. Sakura loves Sasuke with all her heart, and, deep down, Sasuke loves her. I mean look at what he did to those sound nin who hurt her! He goes crazy whenever someone hurts her. SasuSaku forever!

Heh...that's just about the most biased argument ever. If she can say deep down inside Sasuke loves Sakura because of that friggin sound nin incident, I can say that Sakura loves Naruto deep inside because she's had sparkling feelings for him. tongue.gif
Nothing is more reassuring than Kakashi saying "They'll be alright. Pakkun is with them."

#10 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:43 PM

To be honest, most SasuSaku fans are afraid to understand that the potentiality of it occuring is slightly nil. I still think it possible for mainly NaruSaku to occur, but things could end up in a love triangle eventually if done right... since we know how Hinata feels, and how Sakura is starting to feel.

Bryon

#11 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:37 AM

Im just curious, but could someone tell me the arguments for sasusaku and naruhina. I wanna know what they are saying.

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#12 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:22 AM

I can give you the really short versions, but since I don't have a heckuva lot of interest in doing it right, I'm not going to put a whole lot of effort into prettying it up. However, some of their debaters do a decent job of connecting the dots between the points and bringing up other points. Italics offer up brief countering points.

NaruHina
1. Opposites attract.
Hinata is quiet and shy, while Naruto is noisy and outgoing. So Hinata is going to curb Naruto's excesses and calm him down while Naruto is going to give her more confidence and help her out of her shell.

She hasn't calmed him down yet. In fact, the only significant conversation between the two of them was when Naruto was down and she got him hyped up again. It's gonna be tough on her to calm down Naruto unless she can actually manage to speak to - and more importantly, speak against - him on a consistent basis.

2. Hinata really likes Naruto.
The premise of this one seems to be that if Naruto notices that, he'll fall for her. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be out of gratitude that someone likes him or because Sakura has gotten together with Sasuke.

Pass.

3. Hinata understands Naruto.
As shown in flashbacks, she was the first to realize that Naruto was really strong. (Although the Sandaime may have also known, it's not shown anywhere.) And she knows what it's like to be lonely. Actually, this sorta ties into #2 because once Naruto finds out that Hinata always knew that he was strong, he'll be impressed / grateful because she was the first to acknowledge him.

She wasn't the first to acknowledge him. She knew of his strength, but at least seven people beat her to the punch in telling Naruto that they recognized his strength. She isn't recognizing his existence if he doesn't know about it. And now, he's been acknowledged by several others. When he thinks about the people that have acknowledged him, she does make the cut ... along with the rest of the Rookie 9. But the first people that he thinks of as acknowledging him are Team 7 and Iruka.

And if she knew of his loneliness (which I assume she did, but it isn't explicitly spelled out in the manga), she didn't do anything to help him deal with it. Again, that was Iruka and then Team 7.

4. Naruto promised vengeance for her.
After Neji kicked her ass, Naruto drags his hand through Hinata's blood and then vows to beat Neji. I think this is just meant as a hint of what's to come and isn't an argument by itself.

He repeats the gesture (sans blood) in chapter 99 (or around there). But when fighting Neji, he's upset about how Neji calls other people losers (without specifying Hinata). He does specify Hinata later, identifying Neji's pain with hers. In chapter 105 after beating Neji, he wonders if Hinata is watching. I presume it's that he felt that he proved that Neji wasn't right about losers. He doesn't think about her again since then.

5. Naruto likes people like her.
And hey, Hinata is a person like her, right? So he likes her. Game, set, match.

It's right after she's complimented him on being strong (giving him acknowledgement and I'm sure that's big, even after the seven who have done it before) and he called her a plain-looking, dark weirdo in the same sentence. Not quite the stuff of great romances and he doesn't think about her again after chapter 105. So he probably doesn't like her that much.

And I think I'll do SasuSaku later. That's enough for one post.

#13 Guest_algernon81_*

Guest_algernon81_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:37 AM

I've also heard the pragmatic argument that if Naruto didn't fall for Hinata, then the whole purpose of her character in the Narutoverse would be defeated.

Of course, I think that rather than her sole purpose in being introduced into the story to be N's love interest, it is actually to be, well, yet another person whose life changes through his positive influence. And her change will probably be that much more significant as it will undoubtedly have connections to Naruto's relationship with Sakura.

All in all, I think the claim that Hinata's purpose in the manga is to be Naruto's future mate (regardless of the argument used) makes an already poorly-developed character (not that I'm complaining) even more one-dimensional.

...uh, though it really doesn't need to be said here, does it? hehe

Edited by algernon81, 12 April 2006 - 03:41 AM.

#14 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:12 AM

The most simplest NaruSaku argument there is;

Naruto is the protagonist. A protagonist always has goals to work to -one is to be acknowledged by everyone (become Hokage) and the other is to win over Sakura.
For him to fail in the long run, is to cheapen his character.
By this logic, Hinata is runner's up (or the booby prize wink.gif ) and the hero never gets second place.

There, throw that into a sig when you browse NarutoFan and you'll get neg-repped 6-feet under by insecure people who can't match the logic.

#15 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:11 PM

Hey, I think somebody took out the Narto part in Shipping (fandom) in wikipedia,who could've done that?

#16 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (algernon81 @ Apr 11 2006, 09:37 PM)
I've also heard the pragmatic argument that if Naruto didn't fall for Hinata, then the whole purpose of her character in the Narutoverse would be defeated.

Of course, I think that rather than her sole purpose in being introduced into the story to be N's love interest, it is actually to be, well, yet another person whose life changes through his positive influence. And her change will probably be that much more significant as it will undoubtedly have connections to Naruto's relationship with Sakura.

All in all, I think the claim that Hinata's purpose in the manga is to be Naruto's future mate (regardless of the argument used) makes an already poorly-developed character (not that I'm complaining) even more one-dimensional.

...uh, though it really doesn't need to be said here, does it? hehe

I believe in an interview, Kishimoto stated that Hinata's purpose is as you it is, I'll see if can find that. Their pragmatic argument is an unfounded presumption.

Hinata must be with Naruto because her purpose is to be his love interest. This presumes that this is her purpose, but in fact it lacks supporting evidence. As I said before, other than the Chuunin exams, Hinata has had virtually no significant to the plot. She has had a couple of cameo apperances and that all. At the same time, I don't mean to imply Sakura's purpose is to be with Naruto. I think it goes well beyond that.

Anyway, so what do they say about Sakura's purpose?

#17 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:49 AM

I don get it.

In the beginning of the manga to the end of wave, all the pairings had no chance. sasuke didn't like sakura, sakura didn't like naruto, and naruto thought hinata was cute, but weird. all one-sided. but, sakura had the "feeling" from naruto. but still, no chance for any.

Then, during chunin exam to fight gaara, the chances of all the pairings went up a bit. Sasuke cared for sakura, sakura cared for naruto, and naruto liked hinata. By this time, the most likeliest paring was probably sasusaku (IMO, though im narusaku).

Then by the end of part 1, sasusaku is nil to dead. narusaku has jumped up, and naruhina ain't getting any development, and won't for a long time, if never. By this time, narusaku has the best chance.

In part 2, naruhina has gone down a notch (she can't even look at him before fainting), sasusaku is dead. 0% chance. If he ever came back and tried to win sakura, it wouldn't be easy, because he left her, and she should be mad at him. Narusaku, nuff said. Best chance goes to narusaku.

From this, i don know how anyone can still believe that naruhina and sasusaku has a good chance/is cannon/will happen/has to happen. Some even say that Fans would be pissed if narusaku happened, claiming that no one wants it to happen err.gif.

royal BS.

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#18 Mystic-G

Mystic-G

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:59 AM

There should be like sort of an unofficial poll to see which pairing has the most fans.

NaruSaku
NaruHina
SasuSaku

I don't have any idea if it has been done but it should be done at narutofan so it's a fair battlefield.

#19 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:59 AM

It's been done before. The results are constantly going to be skewed by the most recent events in the manga or anime (depending on which the fan adheres to).

NarutoForums Pairings Poll

In the poll, NaruSaku is edging SasuSaku as a distant third to NaruHina and ShikaTem.

#20 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:50 PM

OMGROFLLOLMAOWTFBBQ!!!!1!1!1!!!111oneoneone. Some of the choices were funny as feck. oh god, mah ribs, oh mah lungs.... Summons gang hump????? oh god have mercy on my soul.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users