• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#54141 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 12 October 2023 - 12:38 AM

Again, they can admit their mistakes, but it doesn't change anything. The story ended up beinmg kitten and is still kitten to this day and they are partially responsible for it. So still shallow to me. 

Oh they are Phantom not trying to give them any excuses here this is the kitten they wanted now they have to live with the trash.

I know a former NH shipper but was one of the few who liked Sakura but after Pain and what Hinata did which as I remember he said: Did this dumb ass kitten really jump in just to say she loved Naruto without a mother F...ing plan

And after that he began switching to NS he wanted Sasuke six feet under ground. We do talk about the BS and he said he was happy he dropped out of NH after Pain.

#54142 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 09:32 PM

Oh they are Phantom not trying to give them any excuses here this is the kitten they wanted now they have to live with the trash.

I know a former NH shipper but was one of the few who liked Sakura but after Pain and what Hinata did which as I remember he said: Did this dumb ass kitten really jump in just to say she loved Naruto without a mother F...ing plan

And after that he began switching to NS he wanted Sasuke six feet under ground. We do talk about the BS and he said he was happy he dropped out of NH after Pain.

With all the craziness that we had  to deal with regarding the NH and SS fans (and still do, with less intensity), we can easily forget that they are NH and SS fans out there that are chill and can see reasons.

Some fans can enjoy the idea outside the canon reality (like fanfiction) and hate the canon, some can accept that the writing was kitten but accept the rest and some, while not agreeing with everything, can admit that NS (with SK) was the most logical pairing(s) that would affect the story a lot better for the majority of the main characters and also, would have a much better flow with the story in general. 

I have a friend that was shipping NH and I told her, read the integrality of the manga vs watching the anime and you know what, she did and said that it did make a lot more senses to have NS as canon and understood now a lot better my points. She even said that while she was no longer a fan of the serie, that with all what she compared, she would have probably change from NH to NS for sure.

Hell, when starting watching the anime, I was a NH shipper (not an hardcore one tho just enjoyed it a little) but as soon as I started reading the manga, I switched instantly on NS. With that point in mind, I totally get why, only anime fans (mostly the westerns fans), ship hard NH because right from the very beginning (at least, with the fillers episodes between the first part and shippuden), SP was bias with Hinata. 

#54143 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 10:55 PM

With all the craziness that we had  to deal with regarding the NH and SS fans (and still do, with less intensity), we can easily forget that they are NH and SS fans out there that are chill and can see reasons.

Some fans can enjoy the idea outside the canon reality (like fanfiction) and hate the canon, some can accept that the writing was kitten but accept the rest and some, while not agreeing with everything, can admit that NS (with SK) was the most logical pairing(s) that would affect the story a lot better for the majority of the main characters and also, would have a much better flow with the story in general. 

I have a friend that was shipping NH and I told her, read the integrality of the manga vs watching the anime and you know what, she did and said that it did make a lot more senses to have NS as canon and understood now a lot better my points. She even said that while she was no longer a fan of the serie, that with all what she compared, she would have probably change from NH to NS for sure.

Hell, when starting watching the anime, I was a NH shipper (not an hardcore one tho just enjoyed it a little) but as soon as I started reading the manga, I switched instantly on NS. With that point in mind, I totally get why, only anime fans (mostly the westerns fans), ship hard NH because right from the very beginning (at least, with the fillers episodes between the first part and shippuden), SP was bias with Hinata.

Too bad not many people can be like your friend in terms of the shipping side of things.

#54144 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 17 October 2023 - 11:05 PM

Question, what was wrong with Sakura falling in love with Naruto? What was wrong with her changing her feelings? 

you know i asked that same question and never get an answer

Nothing. People just wanted her out of the way because they assumed Hinata "deserved" Naruto.

pretty much.

though i use that to my advantage when making hinata evil. there in her mind only she is worthy of naruto's love is insane about it. think if juvia went full evil on any woman in the series

#54145 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 07:01 PM

you know i asked that same question and never get an answer

pretty much.
though i use that to my advantage when making hinata evil. there in her mind only she is worthy of naruto's love is insane about it. think if juvia went full evil on any woman in the series

I mean if you see what happens in dragon quest the character who's similar to sakura does move on

#54146 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 08:48 PM

I mean if you see what happens in dragon quest the character who's similar to sakura does move on

Who? Are we suppose to know which dragon quest character you are referring to by instinct?

I have a friend that was shipping NH and I told her, read the integrality of the manga vs watching the anime and you know what, she did and said that it did make a lot more senses to have NS as canon and understood now a lot better my points. She even said that while she was no longer a fan of the series, that with all what she compared, she would have probably change from NH to NS for sure.

Hell, when starting watching the anime, I was a NH shipper (not an hardcore one though just enjoyed it a little) but as soon as I started reading the manga, I switched instantly on NS. With that point in mind, I totally get why, only anime fans (mostly the westerns fans), ship hard NH because right from the very beginning (at least, with the fillers episodes between the first part and shippuden), SP was bias with Hinata. 

The anime had a lot of filler promoting Hinata because the staff was obsessed with her. It is why they ended Naruto marrying Hinata because that was their end goal all along. Without the anime, Hinata is a character that's barely involved in the story and barely interacts with Naruto despite professing love for him. With it, while she still isn't involved in the story that often, she is constantly by Naruto side, and constantly thinking about how much she loves him.

Most Western fans seem to hate reading anything, and prefer just to watch a tv/movie/anime and accept that as canon. I lost count of the people I have met that say they love an adaptation, that they love as well as care so much about the story, that they wish to learn more about it, but will never read the source material. Saying excuses like they want to watch all the show first before they read the book, so they won't get spoiled. Then they never read the book. Even if they do, they hold the adaptation over the source material, and will differ to that when inconsistencies happen.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 October 2023 - 07:38 AM.

#54147 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 02:13 AM

[quote name="Bail o' Lies" post="990697" timestamp="1698094115"]

Who? Are we suppose to know which dragon quest character you are referring to by instinct?

It's pretty obvious the one with pink hair, huge strength,tsundere personality, and healing ability in adventure of dai.

Edited by totherpage95, 24 October 2023 - 02:17 AM.

#54148 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 05:32 AM

It's pretty obvious the one with pink hair, huge strength, tsundere personality, and healing ability in adventure of dai.

And if one has not watched Dragon Quest and had no clue who you are referring to or even if they did still wouldn't know because your statement was to vague? Also, not helped there is more than one dragon quest game...like 12 and a MMO I think.

Pink hair from the adventure of dai...So Maam.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 October 2023 - 08:55 PM.

#54149 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 09:00 PM

[quote name="totherpage95" post="990698" timestamp="1698113580"]

[quote name="Bail o' Lies" post="990697" timestamp="1698094115"]

It's pretty obvious the one with pink hair, huge strength,tsundere personality, and healing ability in adventure of dai.[/quote]

Maam and Popp was one of my favourites too. The chemistry was there and the way the love confession was made: very classic:) (search for YouTube video on Maam x Popp if you dont mind spoilers). The manga was one classic piece, and Im glad it was made before the internet became widely accessible. The love triangle was setup just nice to get you invested into the story. Fully recommended.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#54150 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 09:02 PM

ame="totherpage95" post="990698" timestamp="1698113580"]

Maam and Popp was one of my favourites too. The chemistry was there and the way the love confession was made: very classic:) (search for YouTube video on Maam x Popp if you dont mind spoilers). The manga was one classic piece, and Im glad it was made before the internet became widely accessible. The love triangle was setup just nice to get you invested into the story. Fully recommended.

Are people having problems with the quote button or something? Mine seems to be fine.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 October 2023 - 09:03 PM.

#54151 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 24 October 2023 - 11:14 PM

The anime had a lot of filler promoting Hinata because the staff was obsessed with her. It is why they ended Naruto marrying Hinata because that was their end goal all along. Without the anime, Hinata is a character that's barely involved in the story and barely interacts with Naruto despite professing love for him. With it, while she still isn't involved in the story that often, she is constantly by Naruto side, and constantly thinking about how much she loves him.

Most Western fans seem to hate reading anything, and prefer just to watch a tv/movie/anime and accept that as canon. I lost count of the people I have met that say they love an adaptation, that they love as well as care so much about the story, that they wish to learn more about it, but will never read the source material. Saying excuses like they want to watch all the show first before they read the book, so they won't get spoiled. Then they never read the book. Even if they do, they hold the adaptation over the source material, and will differ to that when inconsistencies happen.

I've tend to notice that with books like lord of the rings, game of thrones and Harry potter. Comics people are ethier more aware of the movies or cartoons depending on the era they grew up in and get suprised when the adaptions of comics are a mix of different stories rather than a full on adaption, though comics continuity would make it more impossible to ever full adapt stories unless their are elseworld stories. Though games have started to become as big of a medium.

My guess is because they are more accessible to watch and consume, especially with streaming services in recent years. Another reason which came from a youtuber called lily orchards who did a video on making fun of J.k.rowling, during which mentioned that due to the education system making reading more like a chore for kids, becoming less fun making it into assignments of highly revied books by adults. With some only getting back into reading when a fun book at the time like Harry potter came along.

So I wouldn't be suprised if many of the anime only watchers would view the 700 hundred chapters chore to read, even though the anime became worse than that due to filler.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 24 October 2023 - 11:16 PM.

#54152 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 26 October 2023 - 06:29 AM

I've tend to notice that with books like lord of the rings, game of thrones and Harry potter. Comics people are ethier more aware of the movies or cartoons depending on the era they grew up in and get suprised when the adaptions of comics are a mix of different stories rather than a full on adaption, though comics continuity would make it more impossible to ever full adapt stories unless their are elseworld stories. Though games have started to become as big of a medium.

My guess is because they are more accessible to watch and consume, especially with streaming services in recent years. Another reason which came from a youtuber called lily orchards who did a video on making fun of J.k.rowling, during which mentioned that due to the education system making reading more like a chore for kids, becoming less fun making it into assignments of highly revied books by adults. With some only getting back into reading when a fun book at the time like Harry potter came along.

So I wouldn't be suprised if many of the anime only watchers would view the 700 hundred chapters chore to read, even though the anime became worse than that due to filler.

Video games surpassed comics about 20 years ago, the fact that comics have been in decline since the 90's not helping them, and they surpassed Movies in profits almost ten years ago. Though that went unnoticed due to the stranglehold films have over western culture. Granted, I am assuming you are thinking games are only recently getting big due the things like, the success of the Sonic and Mario movies and such.

Comics despite the fact they were holding up Hollywood for the past decade, are not respected. Their stories are not respected. Their writers are not respected. Their art is not respected. Hollywood does not respect anyone but themselves. For comics, they see it as a pathetic boy hobby they want to turn into a girl hobby, since they assume the boys will just accept it, and see their fans as losers that they can milk for money. People at Marvel have made it clear they prefer to hire "fans" not fans. They see people that have actually read the comics as a red flag, and don't hire them. They want people who will do whatever they want with the IP; then use the 'bigot shield' when it backfires. Over actually making an adaptation.

Remember, the only reason the One Piece Live Action turned out the way it did was Oda was an executive producer and force them to follow his story. If not, the "fan" writers and "fan" directors would have made another Live Action Cowboy Bebop. Same with the Mario movie, before Nintendo intervened it was going to be another mess and then they step in.

As for schools making reading a chore for the students. It not a problem that they make students read for assignments the problem is that is likely the only time they ever read if at all. Hell, when I went to college, I knew a girl that never even read a single line of Shakespeare before a class we took together; because apparently the schools in California just gave them power-point outlines of the books and stories that were required reading. Harry Potter was often the only book they ever read for enjoyment; if they read them and not just said they did while only watching the movies. Which is why millennials obsess over it.

Watching something on TV is often a passive way of absorbing a story. Books require active absorption as you have to imagine what happening in your mind about what you are reading. One of the reasons storytelling quality has gone down in the West is because they stopped reading. Another is, they know if they play the virtue signaling game, they will be given a pass; so they don't put the work in.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 October 2023 - 08:47 AM.

#54153 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 26 October 2023 - 11:47 AM

Video games surpassed comics about 20 years ago, the fact that comics have been in decline since the 90's not helping them, and they surpassed Movies in profits almost ten years ago. Though that went unnoticed due to the stranglehold films have over western culture. Granted, I am assuming you are thinking games are only recently getting big due the things like, the success of the Sonic and Mario movies and such.

Comics despite the fact they were holding up Hollywood for the past decade, are not respected. Their stories are not respected. Their writers are not respected. Their art is not respected. Hollywood does not respect anyone but themselves. For comics, they see it as a pathetic boy hobby they want to turn into a girl hobby, since they assume the boys will just accept it, and see their fans as losers that they can milk for money. People at Marvel have made it clear they prefer to hire "fans" not fans. They see people that have actually read the comics as a red flag, and don't hire them. They want people who will do whatever they want with the IP; then use the 'bigot shield' when it backfires. Over actually making an adaptation.

Remember, the only reason the One Piece Live Action turned out the way it did was Oda was an executive producer and force them to follow his story. If not, the "fan" writers and "fan" directors would have made another Live Action Cowboy Bebop. Same with the Mario movie, before Nintendo intervened it was going to be another mess and then they step in.

As for schools making reading a chore for the students. It not a problem that they make students read for assignments the problem is that is likely the only time they ever read if at all. Hell, when I went to college, I knew a girl that never even read a single line of Shakespeare before a class we took together; because apparently the schools in California just gave them power-point outlines of the books and stories that were required reading. Harry Potter was often the only book they ever read for enjoyment; if they read them and not just said they did while only watching the movies. Which is why millennials obsess over it.

Watching something on TV is often a passive way of absorbing a story. Books require active absorption as you have to imagine what happening in your mind about what you are reading. One of the reasons storytelling quality has gone down in the West is because they stopped reading. Another is, they know if they play the virtue signaling game, they will be given a pass; so they don't put the work in.

No I'm talking about at least for over a decade, since games games like the last of us came out and were mega popular. I wouldn't really say that with every comicbook movie, as directors such as James gunn, josh weadon and the russo brothers I recall were comicbook fans.

From everything I have read and heard from one piece fans and youtubers nothing implies they would of done another Cowboy Bebop and that the showrunner is a passionate fan of one piece and wouldn't do anything without oda's approval. Nintendo and Mario I have no idea about, all I recall is that you had the anti woke crowd acusing it of being a feminist movie with how princess peach was portrayed in the trailer only to u-turn when the film turned out to be really popular.

You think books with pictures with link comics or managa would be at least somewhat appealing since they do have visual images to look at. Not to mention you can read a chapter like naruto in a few minutes.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 26 October 2023 - 12:33 PM.

#54154 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 26 October 2023 - 01:33 PM

source material now a days thats a dirty word since no one follows that look at marvel now 

#54155 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 26 October 2023 - 09:53 PM

source material now a days thats a dirty word since no one follows that look at marvel now 

The good things they are doing is Spider-Man. Like no way home, Spider-verse and Insonmiac. 

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 26 October 2023 - 09:54 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#54156 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 26 October 2023 - 10:01 PM

Because they listened to Bendis when he stated that established lore, personalities, relationships, etc. didn't matter and to write whatever you want in continuity.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#54157 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 01:37 AM

The good things they are doing is Spider-Man. Like no way home, Spider-verse and Insonmiac.

Honestly if they kept going with what nick Spencer did I'd see more people reading those comics. Granted they are rebooting ultimate spiderman under John Hickman telling a new adult spiderman I hear discribed of being like Peter B. Parker from spiderverse.

Because they listened to Bendis when he stated that established lore, personalities, relationships, etc. didn't matter and to write whatever you want in continuity.

Where did he say this? If it was because of the ultimate universe, that logic would only work in a eleseworld universe without the main continuity like injustice.

Though etheir way I'm not suprised as bends has always had a mixed bag of a reputation with comicbook fans.

#54158 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 03:27 AM

ame="totherpage95" post="990698" timestamp="1698113580"]

i heard that vearn became a meme though but i guess it wasn't a internet one considering the manga was on the older side

#54159 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 03:27 AM

Are people having problems with the quote button or something? Mine seems to be fine.

maybe it was because it was on my phone

#54160 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 27 October 2023 - 07:27 PM

To be honest, I have started reading the Lord of the Rings books; I'm on The Hobbit right now, and I am enjoying the problem is more people need to read since we all saw what happened with Naruto I and you all have said it with past post that the SP staff did push Hinata more and more.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)