409 replies to this topic

#41 nia1994

nia1994

darksknight

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

this chapter was an improvement from the last two but still can't stand the constant monologuing obitio keeps on giving. Im getting tired of sakura healing fodder, its unimportant and when she could have saved a valuable character like shikamaru kishi decides that she's not good enough to do that by herself. 

i don't like how sakura is basically a copy and paste of tsunade, why can't she have feats of her own that surpasses her master? 

#42 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

No it's sakura, it would complete her vs sasori. I said kishi only give her fight when she gain power up.
So either sakura will fight orochimaru alone
Or
Getting assist from kakashi, Yamato, and maybe sai like sasori vs sakura & chiyo battle.

If Kakashi and Yamato have to help Sakura fight Orochimaru then it degrades her in terms of power,

But if it is just Kakashi, it shows that he has surpassed his father who was said to be the equal of the Sannin, plus with Sakura she doesn't have anything that could help her against Orochimaru, All he has to do is use that snake skin thing before she lands a punch.

If Sakura is going to fight anyone from Taka it would ether be Jugo or Karin, as all of her attacks would be useless against Suigetsu.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#43 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

this chapter was an improvement from the last two but still can't stand the constant monologuing obitio keeps on giving. Im getting tired of sakura healing fodder, its unimportant and when she could have saved a valuable character like shikamaru kishi decides that she's not good enough to do that by herself. 

i don't like how sakura is basically a copy and paste of tsunade, why can't she have feats of her own that surpasses her master? 

Just wait. Don't you think that if this wasn't a big emphasis with her releasing the seal, something bigger is about to come? Come on... it's obvious knowing Kishi's writing pattern.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#44 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

The best part of this chapter was Sakura and Tsunade fighting together. The fact that they were only able to summon 1/10 of her makes me hope that Sakura will eventually be able to summon Katsuyu's complete form. It probably won't happen, but it would be a nice way for her to surpass Tsunade. 

As for Obito, I agree with mydearbeloved that it would have been better if Kishi had shown us Obito's conflict instead of just telling us. This could also mean that his redemption will soon occur. I can imagine Sasuke's betrayal having a big impact in Obito's TNJ. Obito will be like "Told you so", but then Naruto will prove to be the bigger person. 

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#45 nia1994

nia1994

darksknight

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Just wait. Don't you think that if this wasn't a big emphasis with her releasing the seal, something bigger is about to come? Come on... it's obvious knowing Kishi's writing pattern.

not really, i looks like her and tsunade are going to be pushed back now healing people. Not only that but because her seal seems the same as tsunade anything she brings to the table will be something we've seen before. With kishis record when it comes to sakura i think we'll be lucky if we see a full body byakugo  

#46 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Suspicion is that she's equal to Hashi's Shinsuusenju statue... Which wouldn't be farfetched if you think about it.

Now, the thing with the size, I think it's just a drawing thing... One we've seen is as large as the  Hokage building and the one Sakura summoned kinda the same, so it's only normal that this is larger. Maybe she isn't supposed to be large in height but in width?
I think in the end with the one summoned in this chapter is just a drawing thing and that's it and actually is quite big itself.

So what you're trying to say is that it's because of the angle of the panels that 10% Katsuyu is depicted in, which doesn't lend itself too well when attempting to calculate height, that leads to the conclusion that the slug isn't very great in height. I suppose that makes sense.

It can't be just width that is increased because whenever we see Katsuyu divide or reassemble it's been shown to grow vertically as well. I'm more inclined to believe your original explanation about it simply being an unintentional deception of visuals because of the panel's viewpoint. 

I tried to calculate the height discrepancy between 100% Kurama and the Buddha statue summoning. There's probably a margin of error here (if it's even accurate at all) since I only used a screen capture of the page where they're shown together but the estimate I acquired was that Shinsuusenju is about 4.28 times the size of Kurama (from the end of its tail touching the earth to another extending out into the sky). The Jubi was shown to be much larger than both Gyuki and 50% Kurama. So my original guess could still hold validity. In fact, the statue may be even larger and you mentioned that 100% Katsuyu was being compared to it. So by extension Katsuyu may be even larger than the Jubi. Which sounds even more incredible and unlikely. 

Katsuyu size >= turtle island or manda v. 2
Like I said, the reason why katsuyu size big is manda 2.
In the next arc sakura will fight orochimaru and I believe oro will summon manda 2 and sakura will summon megatsuyu.

Manda 2.0 is larger than the original snake and most other animal summonings, but it's not as big as the Island Turtle. Its length was roughly on par with the island's, but it's proportionally only a fraction by comparison. And I don't believe the Island Turtle is that enormous; perhaps maybe equal to the original Kurama in size. That very same Kurama, with Perfect Susanoo's armour increasing his bulk, was dwarfed by Hashirama's Mokuton summoning. Apparently there's speculation about Katsuyu being equal to that in size. 

#47 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

To me, this chapter is the beginning of TnJ. The possibility is plenty. Well, off to bed. Goodnight.

#48 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

So what you're trying to say is that it's because of the angle of the panels that 10% Katsuyu is depicted in, which doesn't lend itself too well when attempting to calculate height, that leads to the conclusion that the slug isn't very great in height. I suppose that makes sense.

It can't be just width that is increased because whenever we see Katsuyu divide or reassemble it's been shown to grow vertically as well. I'm more inclined to believe your original explanation about it simply being an unintentional deception of visuals because of the panel's viewpoint. 

I tried to calculate the height discrepancy between 100% Kurama and the Buddha statue summoning. There's probably a margin of error here (if it's even accurate at all) since I only used a screen capture of the page where they're shown together but the estimate I acquired was that Shinsuusenju is about 4.28 times the size of Kurama (from the end of its tail touching the earth to another extending out into the sky). The Jubi was shown to be much larger than both Gyuki and 50% Kurama. So my original guess could still hold validity. In fact, the statue may be even larger and you mentioned that 100% Katsuyu was being compared to it. So by extension Katsuyu may be even larger than the Jubi. Which sounds even more incredible and unlikely. 

Well, I guess that when we'll see the full Katsuyu [as I am sure we will], it will be all explained. I still hold the belief she's pretty large and today was just a drawing thing...

@nia1994

Well, to each his own, I guess. I hold my beliefs as when it came to Sakura, my predictions/theories always came true. So meh, anyway...

LE: Also, did you guys see that the faces that came out of the tree were reminescent with Hashi's SM ones?

Edited by Chatte, 08 October 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#49 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

One thing to keep in mind is that it's possible that Katsuyu is the only resident of the SF, in which case summoning all of Katsuyu could be comparable to summoning all the residents of MM or all the residents of RC.

Considering Katsuyu's connection to the Byakugou, it seems less likely that Hashirama signed a contract with Katsuyu, but more likely that Mito did...?

Also, this chapter essentially confirmed what I'd been saying before, the fodders didn't die "because" little Katsuyus were attached to them, but despite the fact that little Katsuyus were attached to them.  If that were not the case, then summoning .1 of Katsuyu would not do much good.

Edited by morgaine4, 08 October 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#50 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

One thing to keep in mind is that it's possible that Katsuyu is the only resident of the SF, in which case summoning all of Katsuyu could be comparable to summoning all the residents of MM or all the residents of RC.

Considering Katsuyu's connection to the Byakugou, it seems less likely that Hashirama signed a contract with Katsuyu, but more likely that Mito did...?

Also, this chapter essentially confirmed what I'd been saying before, the fodders didn't die "because" little Katsuyus were attached to them, but despite the fact that little Katsuyus were attached to them.  If that were not the case, then summoning .1 of Katsuyu would not do much good.

That's what I told people! That they died because they were attached to the alliance guys so they suffered the same fate.

As for Katsuyu's connection to Byakugo, I am more inclined that Mito signed it, not Hashi. I am sure that Hashi's just Mokuton senpou...

#51 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

That seems like a reasonable assumption to make. From what was demonstrated in the manga in instances like the Alliance attempting to block the Jubi's Bijudama with weak Doton barriers, it's evident that quality is the superior over quantity. In the example, the shinobi would have been obliterated were it not for the intervention of the Hokages.

Now replace the two sides with Katsuyu and the frogs/snakes. The fact that frogs and snakes are so numerous should compensate for the disparity that exists between them and the slug; which enforces the equilibrium concept that Kishi has established between the three sides. But in Katsuyu's situation, it's technically more powerful than any one snake or frog. If you remove just a few frogs or snakes then imbalance is created in favour of the slug. In other words, the slug has an advantage over the other two because of its relative size and power comprised into one form (despite being equally powerful to the accumulative strength of all frogs and snakes).

I suppose you could also draw an analogy between Naruto/Sasuke's combined chakra form seen at the end of this chapter and Madara's fully armoured Kurama summoning.

Madara directly compared Tsunade's ability to Hashirama's which is apparently the result of his Sage Mode. Moreover the markings that appear on the forehead appear to be similar. I think this reinforces my theory of Byakugou being the Curse Seal equivalent to SSM (in some principals).

Edited by Atheck, 08 October 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#52 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

This Chapter was Flipping awesome! Sakura and Tsunade tag team, I have been waiting ages for a Sanin and disciple tag team like forever! Looks like NaruSakuForLife you were right on the Obito Thing.

#53 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Madara directly compared Tsuande's ability to Hashirama's which is apparently the result of his Sage Mode. Moreover the markings that appear on the forehead appear to be similar. I think this reinforces my theory of Byakugou being the Curse Seal equivalent to SSM (in some principals).

Well, I still hold my belief it's Mokuton Sage Mode, somewhat related to this big tree, which, is quite similar if you think. A tree that blooms which is similar to Hashi's blooming forest from which he puts to sleep people, sucks chakra, same with Hashi's being able to do so with the bijuus, also for the healing part, as we saw with Naruto, when he hit zetsu, is like trees came to live which could equal Hashi's SM healing properties.
Plus, trees via the forests and slugs are related given that slugs live in the forest.
So for me, I still hold my belief that it's a somewhat linked thing, however, different in some aspects and each with his SM.

#54 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

That seems like a reasonable assumption to make. From what was demonstrated in the manga in instances like the Alliance attempting to block the Jubi's Bijudama with weak Doton barriers, it's evident that quality is the superior over quantity. In the example, the shinobi would have been obliterated were it not for the intervention of the Hokages.

Now replace the two sides with Katsuyu and the frogs/snakes. The fact that frogs and snakes are so numerous should compensate for the disparity that exists between them and the slug; which enforces the equilibrium concept that Kishi has established between the three sides. But in Katsuyu's situation, it's technically more powerful than any one snake or frog. If you remove just a few frogs or snakes then imbalance is created in favour of the slug. In other words, the slug has an advantage over the other two because of its relative size and power comprised into one form (despite being equally powerful to the accumulative strength of all frogs and snakes).

I suppose you could also draw an analogy between Naruto/Sasuke's combined chakra form seen at the end of this chapter and Madara's fully armoured Kurama summoning.

Madara directly compared Tsunade's ability to Hashirama's which is apparently the result of his Sage Mode. Moreover the markings that appear on the forehead appear to be similar. I think this reinforces my theory of Byakugou being the Curse Seal equivalent to SSM (in some principals).

Gamakichi > Katsuyu > Snakes

Gamakichi can use senpou arts.

Gamakichi is OP

Gamakichi King of Frogs and Master of Sage arts.

Gamakichi uses a sword.

Gamakichi can smoke

LUTgKuE.jpg

Apenas lide com isso.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 08 October 2013 - 10:04 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#55 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Wow early this week. Nice to see sakura has the seal unleashed and is working with tsunade. So katsyau isn't really just a creature, it's a gigantic creature and only 1/10th of its body was summoned? Geez.

As for a climax, yeah naruto and sasukes team up was great. But 3 things gave me vibes that though a climax is going to occur, there is still another bad situation.

1 Madara will take the opportunity as he told hashirama to be the one to cast the jutsu to end the world. He is just waiting for the right time.

2. Orochimaru is still lurking around and was fighting to make sure others even like hiruzen didn't suspect him. Though hiruzen was being unsure of orochimaru.

3. Obitos words are going to come in force with Sasuke, there will be one more betrayal or action in which the final battle between them is set up.

Kinda a surprise chapter but very good. Hope we see strength of 100 sakura soon. Guess one deal with the seal is the bigger it is, the more power is generally unleashed.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#56 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

great chapter... now, thanks to this chapter, I can imagine how Kishimoto will draw the last scene of the manga... a well-sleeping Naruto on the bed into his home with maybe a focu on the calendar, marking on the 10th October.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#57 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

great chapter... now, thanks to this chapter, I can imagine how Kishimoto will draw the last scene of the manga... a well-sleeping Naruto on the bed into his home with maybe a focu on the calendar, marking on the 10th October.

I doubt it there's still Naruto vs Sasuke fight which i do think it's not going to happen here.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#58 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Also, a thing... so it seems that Katsuyu is also able to liquify herself now...not only split.

#59 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Well, I still hold my belief it's Mokuton Sage Mode, somewhat related to this big tree, which, is quite similar if you think. A tree that blooms which is similar to Hashi's blooming forest from which he puts to sleep people, sucks chakra, same with Hashi's being able to do so with the bijuus, also for the healing part, as we saw with Naruto, when he hit zetsu, is like trees came to live which could equal Hashi's SM healing properties.
Plus, trees via the forests and slugs are related given that slugs live in the forest.
So for me, I still hold my belief that it's a somewhat linked thing, however, different in some aspects and each with his SM.

The chakra that Naruto was using at the time was Kurama's Yang half. Yang Release was explained as the ability to instill life into the lifeless. Zetsu is essentially portions of the Jubi's empty husk intermixed with Hashirama's Senju DNA. It's logical to assume that the chakra would have an effect on him since he is the very essence of Yang.

The Mokuton was shown to be replicative through the insertion of Hashirama's DNA. It's obviously related to genetic material. And the Shikkotsu area is supposedly a bone forest, not a vegetative one. There's undoubtedly a connecting element between the Mokuton and the Jubi, but a connection to the slugs seems far fetched.

One other thing. Didn't you mention some time back that you post an explanation to the whole senjutsu training regiment in the SSM topic? That would be interesting to read. There might have been a detail from the sage training explanation that was overlooked by myself or the other person who were involved as dissidents.

Gamakichi > Katsuyu > Snakes
Gamakichi can use senpou arts.
Gamakichi is OP
Gamakichi King of Frogs and Master of Sage arts.

Gamabunta remains as his child's superior in nearly every form based off of showings. And no, all of the frogs were fractionalised with the confirmation that Katsuyu is a massive singular entity. Assuming Tsunade and Sakura contributed half each to the summoning jutsu, then it's probable that the Katsuyu portions summoned earlier in the manga were but 5% of the total mass. A single digit percentage which matched Gamabunta's height. Katsuyu is twenty times Gamakichi/Gamabunta in size and it's demonstrably proven itself to be capable of enduring the most arduous of conditions (mass scaled Shinra Tensei, corrosive bijuu shroud extending upwards to 8 tails, and Chibaku Tensei).

You might as well be comparing a small rat to a human.

#60 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

The chakra that Naruto was using at the time was Kurama's Yang half. Yang Release was explained as the ability to instill life into the lifeless. Zetsu is essentially portions of the Jubi's empty husk intermixed with Hashirama's Senju DNA. It's logical to assume that the chakra would have an effect on him since he is the very essence of Yang.

The Mokuton was shown to be replicative through the insertion of Hashirama's DNA. It's obviously related to genetic material. And the Shikkotsu area is supposedly a bone forest, not a vegetative one. There's undoubtedly a connecting element between the Mokuton and the Jubi, but a connection to the slugs seems far fetched.

One other thing. Didn't you mention some time back that you post an explanation to the whole senjutsu training regiment in the SSM topic? That would be interesting to read. There might have been a detail from the sage training explanation that was overlooked by myself or the other person who were involved as dissidents.

Gamabunta remains as his child's superior in nearly every form based off of showings. And no, all of the frogs were fractionalised with the confirmation that Katsuyu is a massive singular entity. Assuming Tsunade and Sakura contributed half each to the summoning jutsu, then it's probable that the Katsuyu portions summoned earlier in the manga were but 5% of the total mass. A single digit percentage which matched Gamabunta's height. Katsuyu is twenty times Gamakichi/Gamabunta in size and it's demonstrably proven itself to be capable of enduring the most arduous of conditions (mass scaled Shinra Tensei, corrosive bijuu shroud extending upwards to 8 tails, and Chibaku Tensei).

You might as well be comparing a small rat to a human.

Implying size makes someome stronger.

The only feats i see in katsuyu is how she makes a perfect summon in terms of medical healing skills.

She's a great support for a medic and she acts like a medium and/or amplifier for their medical powers, act as a shield and absorbing great impact and some basic offensive combat (spit acid) but nothing else more.

She's more defensive/support not a offensive summon like Gamakichi or Gamabunta.

Now go ahead tell me how endurance and size implies someome is more powerfull.

Sidenote does Rokubi is a "slug?"

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 08 October 2013 - 10:31 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users