12 replies to this topic

#1 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:56 AM

Hi everyone. Can't exactly say i'm new here since I've been here before. The Last bombed in every way (reception, sales, merchandise etc.) Boruto I hear is hated by most people and yet....it's rating is sitting at 4.5/5....do you guys still think the movie will bomb Also weren't people laughing at Kishi at the idea that anyone would see the movie? What happened?

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:57 AM

The movie will not bomb.

#3 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:00 AM

daggers to my soul

#4 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:03 AM

Theoretically speaking, it was destined to flop from the moment it was announced.

But I've said this before never underestimate the stupidity of the human race.

So let's see.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#5 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:05 AM

Theoretically speaking, it was destined to flop from the moment it was announced.
But I've said this before never underestimate the stupidity of the human race.

So let's see.

How much money is it making? I don't know how to go through or navigate yahoo movies correctly

#6 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:08 AM

Unfortunately , IMO , Naruto will be Naruto (Universally Speaking) as most of its fans grew up with the manga, and will still attract Money and Fans no matter how bad it gets. 

Edited by nikki1314, 08 August 2015 - 04:10 AM.

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#7 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:01 AM

So long the name carries the one that is known for, it won't. The only way it can is if the majority of people like 95% of them are too hardcore for it and spread the word to not go and watch it. It does happen.

Anyway, this movie has a lot of ads, huge pre-purchase gifts, and Kishi calling it the final, so you have to see it to say your farewell.

#8 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:25 AM

I don't think anything will bomb as hard as The Last did. That cost the series thousands of fans and was the final straw. The only people going to see the movie are likely the ones who are pro-ending. I'm pretty certain the anti-enders won't touch that movie with a fifty foot pole. The anti-ending people hate NaruHina, Hinata, Burrito and the Swiffer Mop. It's likely they hate SasuSaku and Sakura too. Many even hate Naruto himself. I can't blame them. After all, he became the thing he desperately didn't want to be: 'The Ultimate Scumbag'. Not to mention there's no Team 7 in this. (Together at least)

Pro-ending fans seem to fail to realize that Team 7, one of the main cores of the story, was utterly shattered because of Hinata, NaruHina AND SasuSaku. 

I don't think this whole "Chunin Exam' nostalgia feeling will bring them back either. The series has been drug through so much nasty s*** since December, I don't think any real fans have any faith at all in Kishimoto or SP. To be honest, it would be supremely foolish to have even an ounce of faith in them at this point.  :ermm:

Naruto is dead. The only people who like this abomination that carries it's name are the blind, mindless fans who only cared about Hinata and their pairing. They will deny this as hard as they can and as much as they can. But no matter what they say, think or do, in the end it won't change anything. They only follow it for their pairings. They never cared about the story, consistency, character development, the characters (except Hinata) and are likely not very good with literature. 

They don't seem to even care about the crime against the fans. The lies, the false advertisement, the contradictions, ect. All they care about is that they 'won' and now their pairing is canon 5vr and they beat the opposing fandom. 

The NaruHina fans will continue to ignore how stressed and unhappy Naruto is. How he's not even a shell of his former self. He's not a ball of sunshine anymore. They'll continue to ignore that Hinata achieved nothing except Naruto's D. Which is, ironically all they care about likely. She never became the Hyuuga clan leader and never changed the Hyuuga like she wanted to. Oh, Naruto didn't change it either. Neji didn't either. In fact, in the end, he succumbed to the fate he so desired to change. Hinata doesn't even honor that.

Also she doesn't deserve the title 'Hyuuga Princess'. Honestly? She's not even within the clan anymore. The only thing connecting her to the clan is her bloodline. She didn't become the clan leader or anything. She's not a part of the main family anymore. She tossed that aside for Naruto. At that time, Hanabi is the real Hyuuga Princess, likely already the clan leader and doing what her deadbeat failure of an older sister couldn't do.

The SasuSaku fans will continue to ignore that Sakura is majorly stressed, has zero support from Sasuke, was left to raise Salad alone, didn't see her 'husband' for twelve years straight and has never even been kissed by her husband. Sasuke is super indifferent to his family and the SS fandom is so thirsty for romance, they'll cling to every little bit of attention Sasuke may give to his 'family'. They'll continue to think they 'care' about Sakura. When no. They don't. She deserved better and Kishimoto is the worst for destroying all her development. They'll also continue to ignore that. AND ignore the fact that Sakura isn't even in love with Sasuke. She's obsessed. Kishimoto said himself. They also don't seem to care that Hinata 'stole' her heroine status. They only care that she rode Sasuke's D.

Ugh...I got ranting again. This is why I shouldn't discuss Naruto. :ermm: I can't talk about it without ranting and getting enraged. 

Anyways, the only people who will watch the movie are the NH/SS fandum. It probably won't do nearly as well as all the rest of the movies. The reviews might not be bad. But I highly doubt they'll get much money. Not when they already scared off the majority of the fandom. 

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#9 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

It won't flop because the movie cannot have cost that much to make, they managed to complete it in under a year, which is almost unheard of for an animated movie. For this to be a hit for the studio it has to do a mere fraction of what the last did and it will make them money.

The fact Sasuke seems to actually have a role in this will get those fanboys and girls flocking to the theatre, and no matter how the hardcore fans feel the general public will watch it no matter what.

iAnby7W.gif

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

It won't flop because the movie cannot have cost that much to make, they managed to complete it in under a year, which is almost unheard of for an animated movie. For this to be a hit for the studio it has to do a mere fraction of what the last did and it will make them money.

The fact Sasuke seems to actually have a role in this will get those fanboys and girls flocking to the theatre, and no matter how the hardcore fans feel the general public will watch it no matter what.

I think they did that with Rtn too, make movie in a year.

#11 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:43 AM

I don't think the Sasuke fanboys will flock. They were all burned really badly with 'The Last'. Same with RtN. (Not burned as badly tho) I don't think they will trust commercials anymore.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#12 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:13 AM

I don't think the Sasuke fanboys will flock. They were all burned really badly with 'The Last'. Same with RtN. (Not burned as badly tho) I don't think they will trust commercials anymore.

But Sasuke was already confirmed to be a lead since he was Bolt's teacher. And the ads feature him fighting the bad guys alongside Naruto.

#13 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:24 PM

One can only hope.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users