61 replies to this topic

#61 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:05 AM

^ i gotta say when you rent the game, all those glaring disappointments seem to just wash away |D

anyway has Baten Kaitos been mentioned? That one FAILURE of a gamecube game? Seriously, i saw the front and the back, the story seemed so awesomely engaging and the graphics were pretty neat so i bought it as one of my first GC games...

TURNS OUT OMG. I WOULD'VE RATHER HAVE GOUGED MY EYES OUT. DX

the gameplay was WEIRD, not BAD but just weird-- like it tried too hard to be cool. The whole card-system was okay for awhile but then it just got totally annoying. ):

second, the voice acting. Actually scratch that-- that'd be my first. No doubt it was my most critical disappointment for this game-- it was just SO BAD that anybody who hears the first words uttered out of the heroine's cyber mouth will wish that they were deaf ;_; ...ugh, the voice acting... just ugh. Dx

next the characters. HORRIBLABLE. arg.gif the character's couldn't get more clique than this... D:

anyway, i got pretty far. With me, if i've started a bad/okay game and I've gotten pretty dang deep into it, I just force myself to finish it up. It's a habit of mine; not wanting to "miss a thing" (PSSH) ... THIS HABIT I WOULD LIKE TO LOSE KTHX.. D: and this stupid habit of mine took me as far as to one of the biggest tweests in the history of gaming-tweests i have ever seen.

Those of who have played this game (my condolences) should know what i'm talking about XDDDD

oh and i'll go with Zmans with Oblivion too plz. Same with me XDD; I guess it wasn't my kinda game neither ... ): that and I dont think it should've earned those best RPG game titles it got >w>

AH and one more: Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerberus was one that disappointed me big time. :/ Albeit it was a good game with a kickass storyline, character cast, and controls, it just .. kinda dragged on forever and ever D: that and the gun-thing DX

Yuffie's addition lightened the load up abit though XD

TA-DA.

#62 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:07 AM

One game that personally disappointed me, Lost Odyssey. It was touted to be the beginning of the next gen JRPGs, and what I was delivered was a dry, unemotional, and boring game. The only enjoyable part of the game was the main character finding his two grandchildren and having them join their group (main character looked to be maybe late 20's and yet was actually like a millenia old.).

The battle system was so cut and dry, and had no true customization. I only hope that Star Ocean 4 can do something for me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users