#41 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:04 AM

Found out I hate Deadspace, Doom is scarier than that crap, and that's hardly scary.

#42 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:35 AM

All of you are going to hate me for this but one game I can't stand is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I'm sorry but I really hate this game. When it comes to fighting games I'm a purest so maybe that's the reason. I mean it has all the characters from a universe that I like and even some from other universes but I just don't get this game.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#43 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:25 AM

I'm gonna have to say Oblivion. (Don't hate me!)

I dunno, I guess it wasn't my kind of game. I heard it was freaking awesome, so I got it, and when I turned out personally not liking it, I was very disappointed. Its just so tedious and boring, I can't stand it...I haven't played it in quite a while. I'll trade it in one of these days.

#44 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Dec 28 2008, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna have to say Oblivion. (Don't hate me!)

I dunno, I guess it wasn't my kind of game. I heard it was freaking awesome, so I got it, and when I turned out personally not liking it, I was very disappointed. Its just so tedious and boring, I can't stand it...I haven't played it in quite a while. I'll trade it in one of these days.

Im with you there man, this game isn't worth the title of an rpg. a reptitve, boring advanture, in the same world we have seen hundred times over in other western RPGS.

The only good thing I can say about this game is the action, which dosn't say alot has it's supose to be an RPG

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#45 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

Going to say both FFVIII and FFX.

After having the most excellent and harrowing adventure with the major cool character Cloud. How does Squaresoft follow it up (now Square-Enix) by giving you a moody, incredibly dull Squall. And I'm sorry the only thing that I enjoyed from FFX was Lulu (for natural reasons) and Auron. Tidus and Yuna was worst than watching a marathon of Dawson's Creek.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#46 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:16 AM

COD 5 and Force Unleashed

COD 5 was decent, but going back to WWII was a letdown after a great title such as COD 4. Nazi Zombies is fun, but enough with WWII already...

Force Unleashed was not what I expected. Sure you have awesome powers, but you can't really do much with it, just the same ol' Force Push, Lightning, slice apart anonymous stormtrooper #1999, then repeat. For an agile assassin, Galen's lightsaber moves seem pathetic and weak, even Obi-Wan had more finesse and/or flashier moves than that. I liked the story and the cutscenes, but the next-gen consoles didn't even have the versus mode they had in PS2 and PSP. The movements were also a tad blocky and rigid, especially the way he jumped.... It was a decent game, but not up to my expectations, awesome music though.

forgot about Mercenaries 2. It seems inferior when compared to Mercenaries 1, dunno why though.... One reason is because they took the cheats out, no idea about other reasons, it just seems weaker.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 01 January 2009 - 01:18 AM.

#47 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:02 AM

Force Unleashed
Haze
Too Human

#48 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Jan 1 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Force Unleashed
Haze
Too Human

I know right? :thumbs:

#49 bassclef

bassclef

Konoha Journalist

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:27 AM

I agree 100% on The Force Unleashed. Even the DLC for it wasn't worth buying. Another game that was a disappointment to me was Fable 2. I got just about everything within a week. When I say everything, I mean everything. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing game, but the core of the game was just too short .

Oh, I'm going to add Brawl to my list. It's awesome and all, but it didn't have the replay value Melee had. I mean, since 2001 to 2006 I still played Melee A LOT. When Brawl came out I stopped playing it (Brawl) entirely after a month. The drive to keep playing just wasn't there even with Online gameplay. I'm going to blame Story Mode. The Subspace Emissary sent out a sense of finality like an action adventure game that's only worth renting.

Edited by bassclef, 03 January 2009 - 05:41 AM.

"I got bored, so I decided to go and buy a 360. *shrugs* I mainly use it when I'm bored... Which happens to be all the time, lol." -me

#50 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:45 AM

I'm quite curious because I'm a Sony guy, but what made Melee more replayable than Brawl?

#51 bassclef

bassclef

Konoha Journalist

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:08 AM

I'm not entirely sure what it was for me, but I guess it was the introduction of new modes, more characters, better graphics, and the unexplainable part of it never getting old. A melee fight, whether it be against the AI or friends, always left me revved up for another. I suppose a probable explaination is the large margin of improvement between Smash Bros and Melee.

Brawl felt more like an obligated move to do. In terms of gameplay and mechanics both Melee and Brawl were nearly identical, which I didn't mind. Visuals I really can't complain about considering the approximated 1.5x horse power difference between the GameCube and Wii. Particular stages and trademark music accompaning each other really allowed cusomization to favorite stages. The addition of bringing in guest composers blew me away. Having Nobuo Uematsu compose the main theme just put me into awe for weeks. Realizing something right now that Melee's Adventure mode had no real plot and yet Brawl's Sub-Space Emissary has the aforemented finite mood. Smash Bros seems more like a mindlees fighter series with no plot to back up the action, right?

Can't think of anything else right now, sorry ^^;
"I got bored, so I decided to go and buy a 360. *shrugs* I mainly use it when I'm bored... Which happens to be all the time, lol." -me

#52 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:16 PM

I'm gonna have to say Spore.

for its $80 price tag, it's unbearably short... I mean, it's fun for a few hours and then it gets boring and repetitive.

#53 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

Force unleashed, my reason it seems is the same mantra go throught the game "Kick someones arse with the force"

Now, as much as I like force powers, my all time fav thing about the jedis will have to be their lightsaber, hell, the staple of every star wars movie was the lightsabers while force powers were more of an utilty power.

Now in this game, fighting with lightsaber felt more like... hitting someone with a basball bat huh.gif

I miss the days of jedi knight when you could have amazing lighrsaber duels happy.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#54 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 3 2009, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm quite curious because I'm a Sony guy, but what made Melee more replayable than Brawl?

Hm...Well, I don't really know. For me though, the main reason was coz of Subspace Emissionary (SSE, the story mode). Don't get me wrong, SSE was fun to play with my bro, and the cutscenes were AMAZING, but it took part of the fun out of the game. One of my favourite parts of Melee, was the challenges that had to be done in order to unlock new characters. For Brawl, everything is unlocked through SSE. I know there are a whole bunch of challenges, but I don't really complete a game 100%, and those challenges were too hard...meh. Maybe its coz Melee seemed more hardcore, and Brawl is more of a party game. I don't really know why.
. Don't Press the red button

#55 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

Why is it called Subspace Emissary?

#56 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

Prince of Persia, I expected a hell of a lot more than what I got in this game.

uc.png

#57 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:21 AM

Hm. You know, I never thought of this, and I probably should have added it, but I also think that Melee is better than Brawl. :/ I can play Melee for hours on end, but I always get tired of Brawl so quickly...

And I have Force Unleashed. XD I never even use the lightsaber, just the force stuff. It's a lot more convenient and powerful. But hey, it's the first Star Wars game I've played, so I thought it was pretty fun even if the lightsaber kinda sucks.

#58 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:30 AM

I actually just thought Prince of Persia (2008 version) was somewhat easier, but at least, when I replayed Two Thrones, the controls are a lot smoother and I can actually see where to jump at. Still, the ending was a surprise really....

#59 Bolt

Bolt

H&E's residential vagabond! 8D

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:26 AM

The latest Prince of Persia was alright in my opinion, however the ending ticked me off something fierce. sleep.gif

#60 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:22 AM

It is funny that I just saw this thread today when it is today that I have had the single worst gaming experience of my life. Other than E.T on Atari way back in the day. Anyway I have to say I think Assassins Creed is by far one of the worst games I have ever played. The graphics and what not were very good, but the gameplay was terrible. The whole game screamed to me I want to make a movie not a video game. I haven't played a game that railroaded me into doing things a certain way so bad since the original Super Mario Brothers. The combat and action systems were very boring. At least with a game like Prince of Persia in order to do some of the cool things he did it actually took timing and finess. In AC you just hold down two buttons and run around and the game pretty much does everything for you. The combat is practically all done with one button from what I have seen. Just all in all not an interesting game in the least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users